PDA

View Full Version : Obama says U.S. recognises Syrian opposition coalition!!!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-11-2012, 10:10 PM
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/11/15848966-obama-says-us-recognizes-syrian-opposition-coalition?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=1

Obama says US recognizes Syrian opposition coalition</HEADER>http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/121211-obamaSyria-410p.380;380;7;70;0.jpg Bill Pugliano / Getty Images
President Barack Obama said the U.S. has recognized the Syrian opposition coalition as representing the country's citizens in an interview with ABC News.

<!-- end15849155 -->
By NBC News staff and wire services
The United States now considers the Syrian opposition coalition to be the "legitimate representative" of the nation, President Barack Obama said Tuesday.
<IFRAME style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; WIDTH: 292px; HEIGHT: 70px; OVERFLOW: hidden; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none" src="//www.facebook.com/plugins/likebox.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2F pages%2FNBCNews-US-News%2F324476340923267&width=292&colorscheme=light&show_faces=false&border_color&stream=false&header=false&height=62" frameBorder=0 allowTransparency scrolling=no></IFRAME>
<IFRAME style="WIDTH: 141px; HEIGHT: 20px" class=twitter-follow-button title="Twitter Follow Button" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/follow_button.1354761327.html#_=1355281547609&id=twitter-widget-0&lang=en&screen_name=NBCNewsUS&show_count=false&show_screen_name=true&size=m" frameBorder=0 allowTransparency scrolling=no data-twttr-rendered="true"></IFRAME><!-- end15850931 -->
"We've made a decision that the Syrian opposition coalition is now inclusive enough, is reflective and representative enough of the Syrian population that we consider them the legitimate representative of the Syrian people in opposition to the Assad regime," Obama said in an interview with ABC News.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simply amazing how fast this lousy bastard acts when it goes against America's best interests.--Tyr

12-11-2012, 11:41 PM
I can never tell if these things are good or bad because I've yet to see any evidence that the "rebels" are any better than Assad.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-12-2012, 09:00 AM
I can never tell if these things are good or bad because I've yet to see any evidence that the "rebels" are any better than Assad.

They are better in obama's agenda because he knows the plan there. Same plan as it was in Egypt , take over , set up a muslim theocracy. -Tyr

fj1200
12-12-2012, 01:22 PM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simply amazing how fast this lousy bastard acts when it goes against America's best interests.--Tyr

What are our interests here?

jimnyc
12-12-2012, 01:45 PM
What are our interests here?

The only interest should be to ensure WMD's don't get used on civilians, and that hopefully they don't end up in the hands of terror groups.

Marcus Aurelius
12-12-2012, 02:01 PM
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/11/15848966-obama-says-us-recognizes-syrian-opposition-coalition?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=1

Obama says US recognizes Syrian opposition coalition

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/121211-obamaSyria-410p.380;380;7;70;0.jpg Bill Pugliano / Getty Images
President Barack Obama said the U.S. has recognized the Syrian opposition coalition as representing the country's citizens in an interview with ABC News.

<!-- end15849155 -->
By NBC News staff and wire services
The United States now considers the Syrian opposition coalition to be the "legitimate representative" of the nation, President Barack Obama said Tuesday.
<iframe style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; WIDTH: 292px; HEIGHT: 70px; OVERFLOW: hidden; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none" src="//www.facebook.com/plugins/likebox.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2F pages%2FNBCNews-US-News%2F324476340923267&width=292&colorscheme=light&show_faces=false&border_color&stream=false&header=false&height=62" allowtransparency="" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
<iframe style="WIDTH: 141px; HEIGHT: 20px" class="twitter-follow-button" title="Twitter Follow Button" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/follow_button.1354761327.html#_=1355281547609&id=twitter-widget-0&lang=en&screen_name=NBCNewsUS&show_count=false&show_screen_name=true&size=m" allowtransparency="" data-twttr-rendered="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe><!-- end15850931 -->
"We've made a decision that the Syrian opposition coalition is now inclusive enough, is reflective and representative enough of the Syrian population that we consider them the legitimate representative of the Syrian people in opposition to the Assad regime," Obama said in an interview with ABC News.

While it was a bad move IMHO, those two statements are technically not the same.

aboutime
12-12-2012, 02:12 PM
While it was a bad move IMHO, those two statements are technically not the same.

Marcus. We must not forget. Obama is the master of Double-speak, and Double-talk. He is being advised by similarly, uneducated members of his administration who are only pretending to defend America while Secretly holding that Knife behind their backs...playing to the wishes of the Muslim Brotherhood, and other American enemies.
The One, distinct fact I can never forget about Obama is. HE IS A LIAR. And he lies to cover his butt, while appeasing American enemies he seems to wish avoiding...as being seen insulting them.

fj1200
12-12-2012, 02:41 PM
The only interest should be to ensure WMD's don't get used on civilians, and that hopefully they don't end up in the hands of terror groups.

Would that not suggest that our interests are aligned with the opposition?

jimnyc
12-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Would that not suggest that our interests are aligned with the opposition?

I think it's in the entire worlds best interest that such weapons don't end up in the wrong hands. From what I've seen in this "uprising" over there, and the extensive footage, I don't think either side should be considered responsible enough to be in possession of the weapons, The best we can do is hope, and try to use intelligence to ensure they don't walk or aren't used.

fj1200
12-12-2012, 02:54 PM
I think it's in the entire worlds best interest that such weapons don't end up in the wrong hands. From what I've seen in this "uprising" over there, and the extensive footage, I don't think either side should be considered responsible enough to be in possession of the weapons, The best we can do is hope, and try to use intelligence to ensure they don't walk or aren't used.

Not that I disagree but that leaves US interests open to far ranging considerations as atrocities happen all over the world without our intervention. Personally I don't mind a little covert work or behind the scenes activities to advance our interests. Why have a CIA if you're not going to use it... judiciously of course.

jimnyc
12-12-2012, 03:09 PM
Not that I disagree but that leaves US interests open to far ranging considerations as atrocities happen all over the world without our intervention. Personally I don't mind a little covert work or behind the scenes activities to advance our interests. Why have a CIA if you're not going to use it... judiciously of course.

I think each incident would need to be evaluated independently. But those that deal with WMD's should get top priority. I don't think "involvement" in one area of the world means we must now be involved in every incident. In this one, I think that's exactly what we should do, intelligence on the weaponry to ensure it doesn't fall into the wrong hands, or get used on civilians, or end up in the hands of terror groups. I don't see a winner in any uprising there in Syria and I believe it'll just be another problematic country when all is said and done.

fj1200
12-12-2012, 03:53 PM
^Well it already is a problematic country, among others in the region, but the whole issue is a slippery slope. If we "keep breaking them, we're stuck with buying them," to expand on a phrase.

revelarts
12-12-2012, 04:17 PM
One thing we do know About Asad is that to date HE HAS NOT used any WMDS on ANYONE ever.

It's no guarantee that he never will, but at least he does have a track record.
And he's a fairly secular wicked dictator.

What do we know about the rebels?

Hillary Clinton states, “We have a very dangerous set of actors in the region, Al-Qaeda, Hamas, and those who are on our terrorist list, to be sure, supporting – claiming to support the opposition [in Syria].”

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/11/us-syria-usa-idUSBRE8BA0IB20121211

(Reuters) - The United States on Tuesday designated the radical Islamist Syrian rebel group Jabhat al-Nusra, an important fighting force in the opposition struggle, as a foreign terrorist organization and said it was trying to hijack the rebellion on behalf of al Qaeda in Iraq (http://www.reuters.com/places/iraq?lc=int_mb_1001).
U.S. officials said the al-Nusra group had claimed responsibility for carrying out nearly 600 attacks in major cities that have killed numerous innocent Syrians during the 20-month uprising against President Bashar al-Assad.
"Through these attacks, al-Nusra has sought to portray itself as part of the legitimate Syrian opposition while it is, in fact, an attempt by AQI to hijack the struggles of the Syrian people for its own malign purposes," U.S. State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland, using the acronym for al Qaeda in Iraq (http://www.reuters.com/places/iraq?lc=int_mb_1001), said in a statement.
The U.S. Treasury, in a parallel move, also slapped sanctions on two militia groups working for the Assad government, including the infamous Shabiha paramilitary organization accused of atrocities against civilians.
Designating al-Nusra as a terrorist group means U.S. authorities can freeze any assets the group or its members have in U.S. jurisdictions. It also prohibits Americans from giving it any material support.
U.S. officials conceded that the action was unlikely to immediately curtail al-Nusra's activities, but said it was an important signal both to the Syrian opposition and its foreign supporters, particularly in the Gulf, that al-Nusra and its ilk cannot play a part in Syria's eventual political transition.

Like the U.S. is going to be complete control of that?

here's a petition some have filed against the support of the rebels

Cease All Funding and Support for Al-Qaeda Terrorists and Extremist Rebels in Syria
Hillary Clinton has admitted that Al-Qaeda is supporting the Syrian rebels, who are backed by the Obama administration with $200 million dollars in aid. According to McClatchy Newspapers one of these groups, Al Nusra Front, an Al-Qaeda affiliate, is now conducting "the heaviest frontline fighting" in Syria and has been responsible for terrorist attacks. Impartial observers such as Dr. Jacques Beres say the majority of rebels in Syria are foreign extremists whose goal is to impose Sharia law. These rebels have also been filmed burning U.S. flags and chanting anti-American slogans. Funding terrorists is a crime under the National Defense Authorization Act. Such activity has had disastrous consequences in the past, such as 9/11. We demand all support direct or indirect to cease immediately.

We be meddling again. What the PLAN is or is suppose to be i don't know but the Egpytian and Libyan plan hasn't been working to well for us.
Can we consider stepping back?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-12-2012, 06:48 PM
I think each incident would need to be evaluated independently. But those that deal with WMD's should get top priority. I don't think "involvement" in one area of the world means we must now be involved in every incident. In this one, I think that's exactly what we should do, intelligence on the weaponry to ensure it doesn't fall into the wrong hands, or get used on civilians, or end up in the hands of terror groups. I don't see a winner in any uprising there in Syria and I believe it'll just be another problematic country when all is said and done.

The Syrian government has had those weapons for years now without turning them over to terrorists etc. Wheras the coalition forces have terrorist elements in it. Those groups arent fighting for the fun of it, they want those weapons.
Obama knows that and is all for it. I have the lying bastard figured out.. Wouldnt matter if we had teams ready to go in to secure those weapons because obama would give the order to stand down just like he did at the embassy. -Tyr

aboutime
12-12-2012, 06:57 PM
One thing we do know About Asad is that to date HE HAS NOT used any WMDS on ANYONE ever.

It's no guarantee that he never will, but at least he does have a track record.
And he's a fairly secular wicked dictator.

What do we know about the rebels?

Hillary Clinton states, “We have a very dangerous set of actors in the region, Al-Qaeda, Hamas, and those who are on our terrorist list, to be sure, supporting – claiming to support the opposition [in Syria].”

Like the U.S. is going to be complete control of that?

here's a petition some have filed against the support of the rebels

We be meddling again. What the PLAN is or is suppose to be i don't know but the Egpytian and Libyan plan hasn't been working to well for us.
Can we consider stepping back?

Why would Asad use those weapons when his CLEANSING has been successful in killing...more than 40 thousand of his own people?

Asad has no fear of the U.S. or it's cheap, little boy, pretend President Obama.
And Obama knows it. But then. That's what FRIENDS ARE FOR.