PDA

View Full Version : Christmas music recital

gabosaurus
12-12-2012, 01:03 AM
I've never been to a real Christmas music recital before. I've heard all the commercial recordings, but never realized the true beauty until I heard it played by a youth orchestra. Most of the players were high school kids. Except for the very talented 11-year-old on piano (daughter of Gabosaurus) and an equally talented violin and viola player (our neighbor's daughter).
In between numbers, kids came out and read parts of the Biblical Christmas story.
I thought it was incredibly wonderful. But then, I am probably a bit biased. :rolleyes:

Anyone else taken in a Christmas show of some sort yet? (or planning to do so)

Abbey Marie
12-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Yes, all through our daughter's school years. We got to see her play trumpet in all sorts of Christmas bands/shows, but my favorite was the brass choir. Just brass instruments playing traditional and usually reverent Christmas music. The performance I loved best was when they played at a local church.

Tonight we are going to see my husband play trumpet in our own church's Christmas concert. Can't wait!

SassyLady
12-13-2012, 05:52 PM
Went through several recitals with all my children and two of my grandchildren. Grandson had his recital on the 8th. Granddaughter's will be next week.

I love watching them when they are in preschool. Some are born performers and others are so shy they freeze. Some are hams that wave at the cameras!! So much fun.

Oh, Gabby, have also been to several Christmas recitals that didn't involve my kids. Love the Nutcracker that is performed here every year.

Kathianne
12-13-2012, 05:56 PM
I was lucky! Two of my kids started in choirs and orchestra from 3 grade on. The daughter graduated in music, so for nearly 20 years, caught one or more programs. Now I catch the 'practices' at the high schools.