PDA

View Full Version : Why do you think you can change the Middle East if we can't free an island 90 mi away

tailfins
12-13-2012, 01:09 PM
I have been in touch for decades with those interested in freeing Cuba. You can spend whole weekends reading how malignant the Castro regime is. You can even see for yourself, which I did. Even those who have plenty of money want to leave, the shadow of being arrested for any or no reason casts a darkness over their lives 24/7. There's nice ACTIONABLE information available. My favorite being "Yo no coopero"

http://www.directorio.org/

http://elquira.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/yonocoopero.gif

I don't cooperate with the dictatorship. I don't join, I don't repress, I don't attend, I don't snitch, I don't cooperate, I don't do "Acts of Repudiation"

I repaired someone's printer in Havana and wanted to bring the above image on my next trip, print it and leave in bathrooms. They told me there is a way to identify which printer printed the images and they and I both would get TWENTY YEARS if I got caught!
There's plenty of organizations and initiatives to free Cuba, all wanting/needing cash and time. None of the Middle East related posts around here, prescribe any course of action. Either they are idle complaining or they just want to instill unguided hate.

jimnyc
12-13-2012, 01:38 PM
None of the Middle East related posts around here, prescribe any course of action. Either they are idle complaining or they just want to instill unguided hate.

I still don't understand why you think people need a course of action in order to discuss current news or their feelings. Why doesn't this apply to every forum and thread on this board? We speak of politics in Washington, and while we sometimes speak of what should be done, the majority of it is complaining. None of us can catch a terrorist, but we'll complain if there's a terror attack. People get murdered on the streets of NYC, or like the post last evening of the shooting in Oregon - we can't do anything about it, or prevent future shootings, yet we discuss anything from the actual shootings down to gun laws - but that's here in the USA. We'll discuss McAfee sneaking out of Belize, into Guatemala and then finally the US, but we can't make a difference in the case. We've discussed genocide in African countries, North Korean humanitarian issues, endless British topics. Basically, we talk about a bevy of topics from around the world, more so to those that are making current headlines. But WHY is it that suddenly if we talk about Muslims, it's automatically "hate", one is denigrated and it's turning to be a taboo topic unless someone has good reason or actions to solve dilemmas? And you know what, it's the interest in return that keeps the threads even more active, and likely spurs more interest, and the odds of discussing a current event increase.

Maybe the "idle complaining" to you is another persons interest in why people are senselessly dying around the world, and want to show a bit of anger to those killing them? Why is that so wrong? And if someone doesn't like those topics, why not participate in other topics that do interest them? People are trying to make me feel guilty about posting what I do, and others I'm sure. I'm not out there calling for the death of Muslims, don't proclaim to take issue with "all" Muslims and have went out of my way several times to try and chat with both abso and Jafar, in private. I pretty much only discuss things that are related, and mostly current, to abuse, violence, terrorism and certain murders. Why should that be taboo? Why should I be condemned as a "racist" or "bigot" or "hater" when the extreme by far overwhelming majority of posts are about evil things and atrocities? Should I praise these actions? Ignore them? If it is to ignore them, then why? You say I have unguided hate towards the people I speak of. Should I be expressing my love for someone beating a woman? A terrorist?

There, I've said my peace! :laugh: :beer:

I'll try and pull back on the topic myself. Sometimes it's hard when its CURRENT and I see someone posting something I disagree with, I sometimes respond.

jimnyc
12-13-2012, 01:39 PM
By the way, tail, why the idle complaining and hatred towards Cuba? :poke: :coffee:

fj1200
12-13-2012, 01:50 PM
I still don't understand why you think people need a course of action in order to discuss current news or their feelings.

1. I believe the thread to be an analogy of the supposed futility of our foreign policy, and 2. "Taking a stand," implies a course of action.

aboutime
12-13-2012, 01:57 PM
I have been in touch for decades with those interested in freeing Cuba. You can spend whole weekends reading how malignant the Castro regime is. You can even see for yourself, which I did. Even those who have plenty of money want to leave, the shadow of being arrested for any or no reason casts a darkness over their lives 24/7. There's nice ACTIONABLE information available. My favorite being "Yo no coopero"

http://www.directorio.org/

http://elquira.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/yonocoopero.gif

I repaired someone's printer in Havana and wanted to bring the above image on my next trip, print it and leave in bathrooms. They told me there is a way to identify which printer printed the images and they and I both would get TWENTY YEARS if I got caught!
There's plenty of organizations and initiatives to free Cuba, all wanting/needing cash and time. None of the Middle East related posts around here, prescribe any course of action. Either they are idle complaining or they just want to instill unguided hate.

tailfins. That is true about the printer. Most all printers have their own Hard Drive that records every image, and document printed, or copied.

As for Freeing Cuba. Since JFK's failure with the BAY OF PIGS in (I believe) 1961. The U.S.A. has worked on the promises made during the Missile Crisis with Krueshev...promising not to INVADE Cuba if they agreed to remove the Missiles that October.

Everything seems to hang in the balance, as to when the old Dictator...FIDEL kicks the bucket, and his brother slips on a banana peel.

revelarts
12-13-2012, 02:01 PM
It's a decent question and people here have proposed action in the M.E. killin muslims. sending troops and support to the the rebels overthrowigngov'ts etc.
there's plenty of action purposed and done and supported by those here.

the question as i read it TF is why does anyone think its going to make a positive difference. bring democracy.

the only reason i can see the U.S. gov't is so invested there
are Oil and Israel.

We can't let the M.E. control the oil. We need it, so it's really ours. And we will kill them for it if they don't cooperate.

And Israel, well they need to have the U.S. neighborhood watch knockin on doors making sure the heads of households know not to mess with our friends.

jimnyc
12-13-2012, 02:04 PM
1. I believe the thread to be an analogy of the supposed futility of our foreign policy, and 2. "Taking a stand," implies a course of action.

To an extent. But me taking a stand, expressing my displeasure to violent, abusive people, and those that kill - what course of action is that? Or just idle complaining, and therefore shouldn't be said?

fj1200
12-13-2012, 02:22 PM
To an extent. But me taking a stand, expressing my displeasure to violent, abusive people, and those that kill - what course of action is that? Or just idle complaining, and therefore shouldn't be said?

That seems to be the point.

jimnyc
12-13-2012, 02:35 PM
That seems to be the point.

So someone needs to have a course of action to express their opinion about a topic?

fj1200
12-13-2012, 02:37 PM
So someone needs to have a course of action to express their opinion about a topic?

Nope, I didn't say that, just that "taking a stand" implies a course of action.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-13-2012, 02:41 PM
I still don't understand why you think people need a course of action in order to discuss current news or their feelings. Why doesn't this apply to every forum and thread on this board? We speak of politics in Washington, and while we sometimes speak of what should be done, the majority of it is complaining. None of us can catch a terrorist, but we'll complain if there's a terror attack. People get murdered on the streets of NYC, or like the post last evening of the shooting in Oregon - we can't do anything about it, or prevent future shootings, yet we discuss anything from the actual shootings down to gun laws - but that's here in the USA. We'll discuss McAfee sneaking out of Belize, into Guatemala and then finally the US, but we can't make a difference in the case. We've discussed genocide in African countries, North Korean humanitarian issues, endless British topics. Basically, we talk about a bevy of topics from around the world, more so to those that are making current headlines. But WHY is it that suddenly if we talk about Muslims, it's automatically "hate", one is denigrated and it's turning to be a taboo topic unless someone has good reason or actions to solve dilemmas? And you know what, it's the interest in return that keeps the threads even more active, and likely spurs more interest, and the odds of discussing a current event increase.

Maybe the "idle complaining" to you is another persons interest in why people are senselessly dying around the world, and want to show a bit of anger to those killing them? Why is that so wrong? And if someone doesn't like those topics, why not participate in other topics that do interest them? People are trying to make me feel guilty about posting what I do, and others I'm sure. I'm not out there calling for the death of Muslims, don't proclaim to take issue with "all" Muslims and have went out of my way several times to try and chat with both abso and Jafar, in private. I pretty much only discuss things that are related, and mostly current, to abuse, violence, terrorism and certain murders. Why should that be taboo? Why should I be condemned as a "racist" or "bigot" or "hater" when the extreme by far overwhelming majority of posts are about evil things and atrocities? Should I praise these actions? Ignore them? If it is to ignore them, then why? You say I have unguided hate towards the people I speak of. Should I be expressing my love for someone beating a woman? A terrorist?

There, I've said my peace! :laugh: :beer:

I'll try and pull back on the topic myself. Sometimes it's hard when its CURRENT and I see someone posting something I disagree with, I sometimes respond.

Great post my friend. You and I both make many , many posts about the true nature and verified actins of the radical Islamists... We both have good reasons for doing so. I post the truth about Islam because people need to know the truth in order to make informed and correct decisions. Talfin's attempts to stop that truth from being posted by putting forth the insane concept that WE should not speak of such savagery unless we have an ironclad solutions! That by him is an attempt to silence any criticism of Islam. Its utter and complete bullshit too. The squeaky wheel gets the grease because it was heard, made known the problem ,so corrective action was taken . Tailfins wants, like the muslims, that no corrective action be taken. Thats why he is on this crusade to silence the criticism. Why does this guy demand that the truth not be broadcast here? If he disagrees let him attack the veracity of the posts instead of the character and integrity of the posters! He put me on ignore because I post the truth about Islam , after having lied by saying that wasnt the reason. He has no honor IMHO. AND HE IS A SHILL FOR THE MUSLIMS .. TYR

jimnyc
12-13-2012, 02:42 PM
Nope, I didn't say that, just that "taking a stand" implies a course of action.

Ok, gotcha!

tailfins
12-13-2012, 03:18 PM

I'm opposed to losing propositions. Do or plan something that will WORK! American safety and interests come first. Why get into a froth about things you can't even HELP fix?

jimnyc
12-13-2012, 03:32 PM
I'm opposed to losing propositions. Do or plan something that will WORK! American safety and interests come first. Why get into a froth about things you can't even HELP fix?

Well, I'm not here to fix problems, although that would certainly be nice! This is a discussion forum, so my primary goal is to discuss things. :slap:

aboutime
12-13-2012, 04:01 PM
Hey, everybody. Isn't a forum like this supposed to be a place where members come to offer their idea's, or opinions?

If so. Isn't 'TAKING A STAND' also a form of offering, or volunteering an opinion?

What's all the hassle about?

If anyone comes here to say something. Whether everybody agree's, or disagree's. Isn't that recognized as Freedom of Speech?

Seems like everyone is so involved in making sure everyone CROSSES all of their "T's", and DOTTING all of their 'I's". The mere act of communicating with each other...Like Civil, human beings is Lost.

And besides. Most all of us have been out of the FIRST, SECOND, THIRD, FOURTH, FIFTH, and SIXTH grades for a long time. Why do we need to all REVERT back to those days....while arguing....FOR NO REASON????

Abbey Marie
12-14-2012, 10:38 AM
Hey, everybody. Isn't a forum like this supposed to be a place where members come to offer their idea's, or opinions?

If so. Isn't 'TAKING A STAND' also a form of offering, or volunteering an opinion?

What's all the hassle about?

If anyone comes here to say something. Whether everybody agree's, or disagree's. Isn't that recognized as Freedom of Speech?

Seems like everyone is so involved in making sure everyone CROSSES all of their "T's", and DOTTING all of their 'I's". The mere act of communicating with each other...Like Civil, human beings is Lost.

And besides. Most all of us have been out of the FIRST, SECOND, THIRD, FOURTH, FIFTH, and SIXTH grades for a long time. Why do we need to all REVERT back to those days....while arguing....FOR NO REASON????

Yes, aboutime, that is indeed what a forum is supposed to be. I am sure there are places on the net one can go if they want to "take action". This isn't one of them. And frankly, it is getting tiresome having aspersions cast at people for expressing political opinions on a political message board.

I trust this little hashing out thread will be the end of it, and we can all go back to expressing our opinions on this board. Enough with the attempts to silence us.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-14-2012, 11:03 AM
Well, I'm not here to fix problems, although that would certainly be nice! This is a discussion forum, so my primary goal is to discuss things. :slap:

:beer:, I agree Jim and this current presentation that unless an immediate and Decisive solution be made by the OP of a thread topic then the premise as presented is false is pure folly. As is the declaration that it serves no purpose to present the TRUTH for others to consider!
The only proper way to counter that is to prove that truth to be a lie. If one can not then calls for censorship of the truth must be flat out rejected.
I believe you have rejected such calls. Bravo.
I am not immuned to the making of mistakes both big and small. When proven to be in error I admit it and have even apologised for it both publicly and privately .-Tyr