PDA

View Full Version : Beauty of Winter - Part 2

Robert A Whit
12-06-2012, 01:11 PM
I love the photos. I don't happen to love snow.

Here is what those cold winters stand for to me.

A super bad auto accident in Utah when Mom slid on an icy road and demolished our car and we had to extend our stay in Utah for a few more weeks to allow the car to be repaired.

We could all have died in that wreck.

Trying to stay warm for a few weeks in Germany living in the snow. Not when I wanted to, but all the time. Trying to get warm for even a few minutes. The cold in Germany is well known. Even with so called arctic boots, my feet were like blocks of ice.

Being told ty the snotty executive officer that I would be forced to dig xhit holes in the frozen earth for toilets. My commanding officer made sure that did not happen to me.

Going outside in dirty crap that once was white snow and trying to stand up to get somewhere. Trying to learn to walk like a penguin does.

Photos as I said are awesome. Being in that shit is not so awesome for me.

I guess you can chalk this up to my vastly different experience with snow and ice.

When i worked in heavy construction, i had to work all week long in it too. Sorry folks, for me it was not nice. Imagine spending your day inside the super cold freezer at meat lockers.

jimnyc
12-06-2012, 01:16 PM

A super bad auto accident in Utah when Mom slid on an icy road and demolished our car and we had to extend our stay in Utah for a few more weeks to allow the car to be repaired.

Trying to stay warm for a few weeks in Germany living in the snow. Not when I wanted to, but all the time. Trying to get warm for even a few minutes. The cold in Germany is well known. Even with so called arctic boots, my feet were like blocks of ice.

Being told ty the snotty executive officer that I would be forced to dig xhit holes in the frozen earth for toilets. My commanding officer made sure that did not happen to me.

Going outside in dirty crap that once was white snow and trying to stand up to get somewhere. Trying to learn to walk like a penguin does.

I guess you can chalk this up to my vastly different experience with snow and ice.

When i worked in heavy construction, i had to work all week long in it too. Sorry folks, for me it was not nice. Imagine spending your day inside the super cold freezer at meat lockers.

I have lots of reasons to hate snow too, starting with shoveling, ugly roads, slipping and sliding... But I think this was more about enjoying the awesome scenery that untouched snow can make. One doesn't have to be a snow lover to enjoy pictures!

Robert A Whit
12-06-2012, 01:32 PM
I have lots of reasons to hate snow too, starting with shoveling, ugly roads, slipping and sliding... But I think this was more about enjoying the awesome scenery that untouched snow can make. One doesn't have to be a snow lover to enjoy pictures!

That is what I said. The photos were awesome. I never liked trying to get that stuff off a windshield just to drive the frozen car. I can live in that stuff in CA. Won't do it. I served my time in that stuff. We got winter in Germany in October and it stayed cold until about March to April. No thanks.

A hot day in Germany might reach 80 degrees.

Robert A Whit
12-07-2012, 01:31 AM
I get the idea you wouldn't know a good time if it fell out of the sky, landed on your face and started to wiggle.

This thread is about beauty.

Frankly, Winter is my FAVOURITE season.

Good for you dmp. ROFLMAO

Did I spit in your beer?

I never said the photos were not pretty. Matter of fact I said more than once they are beautiful.

I spoke of bad times outside in the real winter. The one where you have no bathroom and have to dig a hole to take a dump in. You ever been in the Army out in the field in those cold German winters?

I have. Could not get warm.

darin
12-07-2012, 06:42 AM
Good for you dmp. ROFLMAO

Did I spit in your beer?

I never said the photos were not pretty. Matter of fact I said more than once they are beautiful.

I spoke of bad times outside in the real winter. The one where you have no bathroom and have to dig a hole to take a dump in. You ever been in the Army out in the field in those cold German winters?

I have. Could not get warm.

Context. You don't have to shit in other folks' threads to prove or display how bad you may have had it.

darin
12-07-2012, 12:13 PM
Robert A Whit = Psychoblues? :)

Robert A Whit
12-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Context. You don't have to shit in other folks' threads to prove or display how bad you may have had it.

I forgot that I had to stay in my place and not speak truth. So sorry your widdle fweeings got hurt. I thought the mark of conservatives is they love to live in reality.

Missileman
12-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Robert A Whit = Psychoblues? :)
Well, he hasn't said, "Can you dig it?" and he called you dump instead of dimples, so probably not PB...maybe a dimmer twin?

SassyLady
12-08-2012, 11:31 PM
Robert needs to talk to NightTrain about working in snow.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?30200-Snowy-Good-Times-in-the-Arctic-Circle&highlight=

logroller
12-09-2012, 01:30 AM

I just stopped right there; recognizing the setup for an uphill both ways story. my mom told me that when you find yourself in a room full of horse shit, look for the pony.:thumb:

Robert A Whit
12-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Robert needs to talk to NightTrain about working in snow.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?30200-Snowy-Good-Times-in-the-Arctic-Circle&highlight=

Maybe I am wrong but I believe he gets paid a lot of money to suffer in the snow.

Been there, done that. I mean since I have plenty of experience, why bother him?

logroller
12-09-2012, 04:56 PM
She was telling you something. Ask yourself, why would your mom talk that way to you? Did it stop you? Bet she named you a one trick pony.
She didn't talk that way-- I believe she used the term manure-- i condensed a rather long story about two twins who had entirely different outlooks...one happy and one sad. they put the Sad girl in a room full of toys and after 10 minutes she was dismayed, and she sat in the corner and cried. when asked why she said, my favorite toy isnt here. then they put the happy girl In a room full of manure and she zestfully began digging through it, and making herself quite a mess. finally they stopped her asked what she doing; to which she replied "I'm looking for the pony"
As to why she would tell me that, I don't recall the circumstances in which she first told that story, but I remember the lesson as one of optimism-- an instruction that I have to look for the good in life; especially when the bad is readily apparent. I have taken that to heart; do I falter at times-- sure-- but That in itself is an opportunity to look for the pony.
Ask yourself why have I shared this story with you?

jimnyc
12-09-2012, 05:31 PM
She didn't talk that way-- I believe she used the term manure-- i condensed a rather long story about two twins who had entirely different outlooks...one happy and one sad. they put the Sad girl in a room full of toys and after 10 minutes she was dismayed, and she sat in the corner and cried. when asked why she said, my favorite toy isnt here. then they put the happy girl In a room full of manure and she zestfully began digging through it, and making herself quite a mess. finally they stopped her asked what she doing; to which she replied "I'm looking for the pony"
As to why she would tell me that, I don't recall the circumstances in which she first told that story, but I remember the lesson as one of optimism-- an instruction that I have to look for the good in life; especially when the bad is readily apparent. I have taken that to heart; do I falter at times-- sure-- but That in itself is an opportunity to look for the pony.

Did you buy Robert a pony? :laugh: :poke:

Robert A Whit
12-09-2012, 05:37 PM

See, I am not looking for the pony. I found the pony. Many years ago and believe me, I am super optimistic. About myself of course.

Robert A Whit
12-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Did you buy Robert a pony? :laugh: :poke:

I think his mom told him the story because he was sad. Maybe he still is since he drug out that story. No, I have no need for more ponies. My pony does just fine.

Robert A Whit
12-09-2012, 05:45 PM
I am really curious as to why some of you flat ignored my remarks that the photos she posted were beautiful. Truly awesome.

Explain it to me please.

jimnyc
12-09-2012, 05:48 PM
I am really curious as to why some of you flat ignored my remarks that the photos she posted were beautiful. Truly awesome.

Explain it to me please.

The thread title... I don't think it was meant to be a debate. Sometimes there isn't much point in trying to be a party pooper, or as in this case, turning the white snow into black snow on the side of the road!

Robert A Whit
12-09-2012, 07:29 PM
The thread title... I don't think it was meant to be a debate. Sometimes there isn't much point in trying to be a
party pooper, or as in this case, turning the white snow into black snow on the side of the road!

That what you think? OK, I am supposed to sit down, shut the hell up but not make remarks.

I get it now.

jimnyc
12-09-2012, 07:37 PM
That what you think? OK, I am supposed to sit down, shut the hell up but not make remarks.

I get it now.

Don't be dramatic, that's not what I said. I'm just saying that sometimes threads are meant to be cheery. I think you have valid reasons to not like winter/snow, I just think where you chose to talk about your displeasure with it was perhaps the wrong thread. And I'm not telling you to sit down or that you can't make remarks. But if you do, others might react as they did, as if you were raining on the parade.

fj1200
12-10-2012, 02:18 PM

I get it now.

So who was it that wished Windsong return?

Abbey Marie
12-10-2012, 02:19 PM

tailfins...

Robert A Whit
12-10-2012, 03:00 PM

No clue. And Windsong is a name I just heard of a few days ago.

As to Jim claimng I am a pooper, perhaps he needs to check all of my posts again where I gushed with thanks for the photos.

Robert A Whit
12-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Thanks for your photos.

I am sorry gang but my mail box is full of stuff like that. To show up here for more of the same is not impressing me much.

Still, Thanks again for your photos. I have them from all over the world.

jimnyc
12-10-2012, 03:10 PM

As to Jim claimng I am a pooper, perhaps he needs to check all of my posts again where I gushed with thanks for the photos.

That would be "party pooper", saying it without the "party" just sounds dirty!

SassyLady
12-10-2012, 11:40 PM
Maybe I am wrong but I believe he gets paid a lot of money to suffer in the snow.

Been there, done that. I mean since I have plenty of experience, why bother him?

Because, unlike you, he loves the snow and doesn't complain.

SassyLady
12-10-2012, 11:49 PM

Which proves that one negative has more power to influence that a ton of posts that "gush". Why do you think negative campaigning is so effective?

Kathianne
12-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Never mind me, Robert stated I was the only one with a problem with his posts. Just saying Sassy and dmp, had a few issues here. Not major, just a note.

Ok, more than a note. Abbey, jimnyc, dmp, MtnBkr, a few others also had a problem with his 'take'. Mind you, Robert. It's not you personally, more that you wouldn't listen to the gist of the thread. You dug in your heels.

Robert A Whit
12-13-2012, 01:41 PM
Because, unlike you, he loves the snow and doesn't complain.

Interesting complaint.

Robert A Whit
12-13-2012, 01:46 PM
Never mind me, Robert stated I was the only one with a problem with his posts. Just saying Sassy and dmp, had a few issues here. Not major, just a note.

Ok, more than a note. Abbey, jimnyc, dmp, MtnBkr, a few others also had a problem with his 'take'. Mind you, Robert. It's not you personally, more that you wouldn't listen to the gist of the thread. You dug in your heels.

Will you please stop this sniping? Does it do you one bit of good?

SassyLady
12-13-2012, 01:53 PM
Interesting complaint.

Nope, just pointing out a fact, Robert.

Robert A Whit
12-13-2012, 01:53 PM
Which proves that one negative has more power to influence that a ton of posts that "gush". Why do you think negative campaigning is so effective?

I had not pooped on any posts.

I only explained how winter hits me.

And for that transgression, some snipers got pissed off.

I can only handle my emotions, not yours.

I did not at any point crap on her beautiful pictures. So, I told the truth and was not trying to be negative. What has been negative is how some turned on me for my honesty.

Robert A Whit
12-13-2012, 01:55 PM
Nope, just pointing out a fact, Robert.

By complaining.

SassyLady
12-13-2012, 01:58 PM
By complaining.

:deadhorse:

fj1200
12-13-2012, 02:00 PM
It's dead Bob Jim.

Robert A Whit
12-13-2012, 02:23 PM

I can't see how that post is a fight Jim.

And the topic is winter and I spoke of winter.

SassyLady
12-13-2012, 02:53 PM
I can't see how that post is a fight Jim.

And the topic is winter and I spoke of winter.

The topic was not "Winter". It is "The BEAUTY of Winter" and you threw mud on it by posting your negative comments about Winter ... trying to minimize other's love of it.