PDA

View Full Version : Tell your Senators and Congressmen : NO internet sales tax!

tailfins
12-13-2012, 03:11 PM
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-12-12/business/chi-states-urgently-press-for-authority-to-tax-internet-sales-20121212_1_marketplace-fairness-act-internet-sales-sales-taxes

It's called the Marketplace Fairness Act, so I guess that means I'm against fairness!
(http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-12-12/business/chi-states-urgently-press-for-authority-to-tax-internet-sales-20121212_1_marketplace-fairness-act-internet-sales-sales-taxes)

aboutime
12-13-2012, 04:05 PM
There is a very easy way around this U.N. controlled rule...agreed to in the dead of night.

STOP buying everything ONLINE, using the INTERNET.

Get out of the house, walk, or drive to the place where you want to buy something. Add to the Economy here at home, and buy what you want. WITHOUT being ONLINE.

Let the U.N. think they control us. Meanwhile. We the People start ENFORCING OUR LAWS, and ARREST the U.N. people who litter the streets of NEW YORK...physically, for breaking our laws.
I know it won't happen. Since our CongressCritters won't do anything either.

tailfins
12-13-2012, 04:18 PM
There is a very easy way around this U.N. controlled rule...agreed to in the dead of night.

STOP buying everything ONLINE, using the INTERNET.

Get out of the house, walk, or drive to the place where you want to buy something. Add to the Economy here at home, and buy what you want. WITHOUT being ONLINE.

Let the U.N. think they control us. Meanwhile. We the People start ENFORCING OUR LAWS, and ARREST the U.N. people who litter the streets of NEW YORK...physically, for breaking our laws.
I know it won't happen. Since our CongressCritters won't do anything either.

That sounds good on paper until you go to buy an HDMI cable where management thinks no one will notice they are paying $40 for a $6 cable when many are paying $600 for a TV or if the customer needs one bad enough, they will pay the $40. No thank you!

Try shopping for a nice video card at a good price at brick and mortar stores as well.

Robert A Whit
12-13-2012, 04:29 PM
California already punishes the citizens by taxing internet sales. For one small town about 45 miles from me, Amazon.com is constucting a huge warehouse so local jobs will be available. But to punish the rest of us to help a small town makes no sense.

fj1200
12-14-2012, 09:21 AM
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-12-12/business/chi-states-urgently-press-for-authority-to-tax-internet-sales-20121212_1_marketplace-fairness-act-internet-sales-sales-taxes

It's called the Marketplace Fairness Act, so I guess that means I'm against fairness!
(http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-12-12/business/chi-states-urgently-press-for-authority-to-tax-internet-sales-20121212_1_marketplace-fairness-act-internet-sales-sales-taxes)

I disagree with you here. I think that sales tax should be collected for states where the consumer is located. To not do otherwise affords an unfair advantage to web-based retailers.

fj1200
12-14-2012, 09:22 AM
California already punishes the citizens by taxing internet sales. For one small town about 45 miles from me, Amazon.com is constucting a huge warehouse so local jobs will be available. But to punish the rest of us to help a small town makes no sense.

You know you're supposed to pay use taxes on internet purchases don't you?

aboutime
12-14-2012, 07:44 PM
That sounds good on paper until you go to buy an HDMI cable where management thinks no one will notice they are paying $40 for a $6 cable when many are paying $600 for a TV or if the customer needs one bad enough, they will pay the $40. No thank you!

Try shopping for a nice video card at a good price at brick and mortar stores as well.

tailfins. That's why I said "I know it won't happen" at the end of my previous statement.

People don't really care. If they have the money. And they want something bad enough. They will pay whatever it takes.

It's a kind of Selfish, Status thing for many. If they can brag about being ABLE to afford expensive stuff, while wishing stuff was cheaper. They always seem to choose the more expensive stuff. To show their Lower Income, Wonderful Friends, and Neighbors how much status they have...(or think they have)

STATUS: "Definition"..... When you buy stuff you can't afford, with money you don't have, for things you don't need, to impress people you don't know!
Think about it.