PDA

View Full Version : Uploading images

jimnyc
12-13-2012, 05:09 PM
Another member brought this to my attention and I am troubleshooting.

Above the text box here where I'm typing, where all the cool little icons are... Suppose you want to upload a picture into a post, from your computer?

I click on the square image icon which is "insert image". Then when that box opens, I click on the left side that states "from computer". Then there is a button at the bottom of that box, that states "Select Files". I cannot click this button and it's as if it's not even there. BUT, if I click on the option to the right which states "Basic Uploader", that one works fine. Basically, the first one is Flash based and the basic is Ajax. Does the first/Flash based work for anyone else? How are you guys uploading images to your posts? (Mostly I link to pictures so I wouldn't have known about this).

Here is a screenshot of the box I am talking about and the button that isn't working:

http://i46.tinypic.com/256rcsi.jpg

aboutime
12-13-2012, 07:19 PM
4133 So easy to do, too!

aboutime
12-13-2012, 07:21 PM
Another member brought this to my attention and I am troubleshooting.

Above the text box here where I'm typing, where all the cool little icons are... Suppose you want to upload a picture into a post, from your computer?

I click on the square image icon which is "insert image". Then when that box opens, I click on the left side that states "from computer". Then there is a button at the bottom of that box, that states "Select Files". I cannot click this button and it's as if it's not even there. BUT, if I click on the option to the right which states "Basic Uploader", that one works fine. Basically, the first one is Flash based and the basic is Ajax. Does the first/Flash based work for anyone else? How are you guys uploading images to your posts? (Mostly I link to pictures so I wouldn't have known about this).

Here is a screenshot of the box I am talking about and the button that isn't working:

http://i46.tinypic.com/256rcsi.jpg

jimnyc. I click on the Basic Uploader, then go to the directory on my PC, click on the image, then UPLOAD.
I never use the SELECT FILES above. It doesn't work for me.

Kathianne
12-13-2012, 07:26 PM
jimnyc. I click on the Basic Uploader, then go to the directory on my PC, click on the image, then UPLOAD.
I never use the SELECT FILES above. It doesn't work for me.

I've always used tinypic.

jimnyc
12-13-2012, 08:32 PM
Still testing this... I thought it was a board issue, until I tried in Chrome and it worked. Then I got it to work on another machine. Anyway, I deleted all of my temporary internet files and it started working again. So if anyone has the issue I saw in the OP - just delete your cache!

Robert A Whit
12-13-2012, 09:15 PM
Still testing this... I thought it was a board issue, until I tried in Chrome and it worked. Then I got it to work on another machine. Anyway, I deleted all of my temporary internet files and it started working again. So if anyone has the issue I saw in the OP - just delete your cache!

Louise rents space from me and her lawyer son Joe was here working on some legal case. Anyway, he helped me understand. Joe had me copy something off the internet and he said to dump it on the desktop. When I came to this point, he told me to click on the icon above that uploads photos (next to the globe with the red at the bottom). When I did, I got that screen shot you captured and in my case the upload files worked. Uploading it from the desktop worked fine. I then deleted it not wanting the map of alaska to show up on the forum. Now I understand what you were talking about. Thanks Jim.

jimnyc
12-13-2012, 09:20 PM
Louise rents space from me and her lawyer son Joe was here working on some legal case. Anyway, he helped me understand. Joe had me copy something off the internet and he said to dump it on the desktop. When I came to this point, he told me to click on the icon above that uploads photos (next to the globe with the red at the bottom). When I did, I got that screen shot you captured and in my case the upload files worked. Uploading it from the desktop worked fine. I then deleted it not wanting the map of alaska to show up on the forum. Now I understand what you were talking about. Thanks Jim.

That's exactly it. I presume it would have only affected those who have used it before, therefore being cached, and therefore deleting cache making the box work properly again.

SassyLady
12-13-2012, 10:51 PM

Cleared my cache and cookies and works great now. Here's my thanks, Jim.

Sorry, guys...can't seem to make the picture any bigger.

jimnyc
12-14-2012, 12:25 PM
Tease me with a tiny picture. :(

I still can't believe that I was stuck on an issue that was fixed by clearing cache. That's the FIRST thing I recommend when others seek assistance! I even opened a support ticket with vB over this and spent like 3-4 hours trying to reproduce the problem on other computers and various browsers. It's "Flash" based, the "select files" part uploader, so my brain went directly to flash files, flash plugins and an issue with the board software.

Someone spank me. :beer:

aboutime
12-14-2012, 02:27 PM

I still can't believe that I was stuck on an issue that was fixed by clearing cache. That's the FIRST thing I recommend when others seek assistance! I even opened a support ticket with vB over this and spent like 3-4 hours trying to reproduce the problem on other computers and various browsers. It's "Flash" based, the "select files" part uploader, so my brain went directly to flash files, flash plugins and an issue with the board software.

Tiny picture? 4138 or larger....4139

SassyLady
12-14-2012, 03:49 PM

Come here, NOW!!!!

:slap: :buttkick: