PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER school massacre

gabosaurus
12-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Is someone going to take action now, or will it take some madman putting a bullet through YOUR kid's head to make you understand?
And don't give me shit about knives, spoons or oranges. They don't cause multiple homicides.
I know the argument by now. And I don't expect your to change your pathetic, fucked up opinions any.
But here is the story. I hope it gives you a laugh or two on the way on the gun range.

http://www.ctpost.com/

tailfins
12-14-2012, 01:36 PM
Is someone going to take action now, or will it take some madman putting a bullet through YOUR kid's head to make you understand?
And don't give me shit about knives, spoons or oranges. They don't cause multiple homicides.
I know the argument by now. And I don't expect your to change your pathetic, fucked up opinions any.
But here is the story. I hope it gives you a laugh or two on the way on the gun range.

Take God out of schools and the schools become godless and act like it. When is the last time this happened in a religious school? I wonder even if it's not a doctrine I agree with, striving to please God has a positive effect.

Robert A Whit
12-14-2012, 01:37 PM
Most of us have our weapons for these purposes.
1. Self Defense
2. Target range fun
3. Hunting food

Why are you angry at a tool?

Why not show your anger for the killer?

Oh, I almost forgot so had to edit.

Maybe now you feel the outrage over babies not born being murdered by the millions?

Are you angry at that too?

pete311
12-14-2012, 01:55 PM
20 dead with 10 being kids. Something needs to happen. We can't keep this trend going.

Thunderknuckles
12-14-2012, 01:56 PM
Yeah you can kill more people quicker with a gun but the simple fact is banning guns won't stop this violence. Look at China which has some serious gun control laws but is suffering from mass killing by knife wielders like this guy: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-19091840
No gun but manages to slaughter 8 people.

I think the more relevant question to ask is what is the root cause for this type of violence. You have to be seriously fucked up to go on a killing spree involving children. That's a level of crazy that I simply cannot comprehend.

MtnBiker
12-14-2012, 01:58 PM
Horrible tragedy. Predictable gun violence outrage from the left. But just think if life had been taken from these kids just a few years earlier in the name of "choice", it would be trumpeted as woman's rights.

pete311
12-14-2012, 01:59 PM
That's a level of crazy that I simply cannot comprehend.

The shooter was an adult. We have to be able to detect this level of crazy. If we can't, this will be a monthly scene.

KitchenKitten99
12-14-2012, 02:03 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23767318.jpg

aboutime
12-14-2012, 02:04 PM
Everyone. SHUT UP!

If you have children. Get in touch with them, and tell them you Love them!

If you have grand children. Do the same thing, and do it TODAY. Or Right now!

You can blame this insanity on guns, or whatever you like. That is how you are.

Truth is. The world is full of people who are out of control for whatever reason they want.

Because this murderer had guns instead of a knife, or a pipe bomb, or because he might have been
taught to hate so much. He could have Beheaded, or Carved up his innocent victims.

Blame whoever, and whatever you want.

Then. Look around, and if you have children, or grandchildren. Remind yourself RIGHT NOW.
How important their life is to you, and others.
If today doesn't begin to WAKE US UP. Nothing can, or will.
Hatred has many forms. And we are forced to live with it.

tailfins
12-14-2012, 02:09 PM
Horrible tragedy. Predictable gun violence outrage from the left. But just think if life had been taken from these kids just a few years earlier in the name of "choice", it would be trumpeted as woman's rights.

Don't forget CT already has one of the nation's tougher gun laws.

Thunderknuckles
12-14-2012, 02:11 PM
The shooter was an adult. We have to be able to detect this level of crazy. If we can't, this will be a monthly scene.
I think they mentioned the shooter was 20 years old so just barely an Adult but one nonetheless.
How do you snap like that just for losing your job? It's not like this guy has a mortgage and a family to take care of. Losing a job at 20 is like losing a baby tooth.
Hell, I lost a job around that age after my boss sold his company to someone else. I just can't imagine thinking "that's it, I'm gonna get me an assault rifle and go kill a bunch kids".

I think Robert may be correct. We have turned away from God and morality. There is no sense of fear for how our lives will be judged and people act accordingly.

fj1200
12-14-2012, 02:12 PM
Is someone going to take action now...

What do you suggest?

pete311
12-14-2012, 02:17 PM
@ kktv11news : Child victims were just 5-10 years old. CBS says they were killed execution-style. 2nd suspect in custody, not clear yet if he was involved.

we NEED better screening for gun buyers. mental heath check should be required.

aboutime
12-14-2012, 02:18 PM
I think they mentioned the shooter was 20 years old so just barely an Adult but one nonetheless.
How do you snap like that just for losing your job? It's not like this guy has a mortgage and a family to take care of. Losing a job at 20 is like losing a baby tooth.
Hell, I lost a job around that age after my boss sold his company to someone else. I just can't imagine thinking "that's it, I'm gonna get me an assault rifle and go kill a bunch kids".

I think Robert may be correct. We have turned away from God and morality. There is no sense of fear for how our lives will be judged and people act accordingly.

Like Robert. I do think this nation HAS turned away from a God, Religious beliefs, which lowers morality. However. Suggesting such things on a Public forum seems to open up opportunities for those who DO NOT BELIEVE, and thereby...do not feel any morality is in question.

It's the nature of the BEAST, WE now call the GIMME, ME, and I society where many do not follow the TEN commandments, because it pins them down into admitting a faith, or religion in their life is an assault on their LACK OF PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY....No Morality.

darin
12-14-2012, 02:26 PM
@ kktv11news : Child victims were just 5-10 years old. CBS says they were killed execution-style. 2nd suspect in custody, not clear yet if he was involved.

we NEED better screening for gun buyers. mental heath check should be required.

Fucking Lame-ass media hype/bullshit. "execution style" - use of that term generates emotions among people-generates viewership. Sickening.

:(

We NEED better screening for people who buy guns illegally. Oops. Can't do that. No rules or regulations will make our society safer. You know that, Pete. Everyone, at their core, knows that. Yet Politicians promise feel-goods like "Safety!" and under the banner of safety rob our freedoms.

Blaming guns for this - fine. I'll blame the guys' guns. I'll also blame the car that brought him there. Cars kill thousands and thousands every year. Hell, lets ban schools, too! Schools are the common denominator in every school shooting. Get a grip of yourself pete; no blamestorming. Policy never solved shit.

Parents - raise your kids right. Instill in them the sanctity of life, the desire to defend the weak, and moral character. And teach your kids propper uses of Violence. Violence against evil is the only way we reduce instances of violence against the innocent.

Trinity
12-14-2012, 02:31 PM
I had heard the shooter was 24 and possibly may have had a relationship with someone who was in the school (teacher maybe?) I also heard something earlier about a body being found at the shooters residence, but can not find that info again, so not sure.

It's incidents like this that make me grateful for the fact that I can legally with draw my children from school and teach them myself.

Ironic part of this, I just withdrew my oldest from public school today.

Thoughts sent to the families of those involved.

Oh and I support the second amendment :salute:

pete311
12-14-2012, 02:31 PM
Parents - raise your kids right.

Good luck with that.

Robert A Whit
12-14-2012, 02:32 PM

There are criminals about. For that purpose, men called the police are armed.

Arm teachers. We don't hear of killers rushing the police stations and killing 27.

Stop schools from being targets of opportunity.

I have driven through that town on the freeway and recall the area as pretty. I had stayed down the road for a night at a motel in Danbury. Watching this on TV makes me ill to my stomach.

But I don't want innocent people punished by taking away their self defense.

Arm the teachers upon a high degree of training. And pay them a bonus for it too.

The news in CA reported that the school where it took place had strict proceedures to allow any person on campus. They would force a person to check in and be signed in. And the doors were locked. Somebody let this killer enter the school.

I am waiting for more details.

pete311
12-14-2012, 02:38 PM
Arm the teachers upon a high degree of training. And pay them a bonus for it too.

until a wacko teacher takes out a classroom. i bet most teachers don't want to be armed.

darin
12-14-2012, 02:38 PM
Good luck with that.

Sad truths. "people" can't be the problem; we blame metal.

Politicians would be true in saying "Because you frakkers cannot drive, we kill thousands of ourselves on the highways." They'd be right saying "Because parents want to be friends with their kids above all else, we raise millions of little shits"

No - it's the fault of the car, gun, video game, sports, genetics, and all that.

pete311
12-14-2012, 02:40 PM
Sad truths. "people" can't be the problem; we blame metal.

Look, generally I totally agree with you, however there is a limit. Where that line is drawn is arguably up for debate. aka, we don't allow citizens to buy RPGs and nuclear weapons. Why are you not up in arms that you can't own a nuclear weapon?

darin
12-14-2012, 02:42 PM
Look, generally I totally agree with you, however there is a limit. Where that line is drawn is arguably up for debate. aka, we don't allow citizens to buy RPGs and nuclear weapons. Why are you not up in arms that you can't own a nuclear weapon?

Why are you not up in arms people can own cars?

aboutime
12-14-2012, 02:43 PM

pete. Easy answer to your last question. We have seen that Logic, Common sense, and Intelligence, based on personal responsibility NO LONGER EXIST in our growing..DUMBED-DOWN society where everything is Promised, and Given...because they aren't smart enough to use their OWN minds anymore.

DragonStryk72
12-14-2012, 02:44 PM

I do understand: People who are committing mass murder don't give a rat's ass about the laws. It's like passing seat belt laws to stop car thieves. Once you committed a greater crime, you simply don't care about the fact that you're doing so with an illegal item.

And stop being an asshole, Gabs. That was horribly uncalled for. Come back when you're ready to act and speak as a grown up.

aboutime
12-14-2012, 02:47 PM
I do understand: People who are committing mass murder don't give a rat's ass about the laws. It's like passing seat belt laws to stop car thieves. Once you committed a greater crime, you simply don't care about the fact that you're doing so with an illegal item.

And stop being an asshole, Gabs. That was horribly uncalled for. Come back when you're ready to act and speak as a grown up.

Gabby. The only one who really sounds F'd up here is....YOU! Proving how ignorance really is Bliss....isn't one of your better traits.

Trinity
12-14-2012, 02:48 PM
well just heard it was his mothers school..... hmmmmm

pete311
12-14-2012, 02:49 PM
Why are you not up in arms people can own cars?

because there are clearly other functions for a car. there is only one function for a gun. again, i'm not saying ban guns, I'm just saying it's worth it's worth arguing where we draw that line.

Larrymc
12-14-2012, 02:52 PM
The shooter was an adult. We have to be able to detect this level of crazy. If we can't, this will be a monthly scene.we have a society of undisciplined, entitled people, and with the economy bad its going to get worse, we have to find ways to make parents more responsible, in the 70s and 80s we let Educated idiots tells us it was wrong to spank our children, and CPS began taking kids left and right, Parents became afraid to discipline their children, Schools took it out, now we have parents who had no or little discipline, raising kids without a clue. for many by the time these kids are 20 years old the reality that life isn't fair, and their are consequences for your actions, is to much

DragonStryk72
12-14-2012, 02:54 PM
20 dead with 10 being kids. Something needs to happen. We can't keep this trend going.

Problem is, gun control isn't the actual problem. Think about it: How many hundreds of years did we NOT have gun control laws? Someone, we kept from going to the mass murder place for the most part, but why?

Well, at least some of it, you have to admit, is that these mass murders ALWAYS happen where guns are not allowed to be carried, like say, a school with children attending. Same thing at the Aurora theater, which did not allow guns on its premises. Again at Columbine, and at Virginia Tech. Notice you don't see similar shootings in places like Texas or Nebraska, the places with the highest degree of gun ownership? That's not coincidental.

We blame the guns, but they're not the problem. Guns are inherently inert, it takes a person to wield them. As long as we try to attack the guns, this will keep happening. Fully automatic weapons are simply a reality of this day and age.

Guys like this choose locations like this just like wolves choose the deer that's limping. Predators will always choose the most disadvantaged opponent that is available. It's simple instinct and tactics. Were they to have to worry that they could be shot before the whole run gets started, then they would have to think about it for a moment, and would likely not proceed.

pete311
12-14-2012, 02:57 PM
Well, at least some of it, you have to admit, is that these mass murders ALWAYS happen where guns are not allowed to be carried, like say, a school with children attending. Same thing at the Aurora theater, which did not allow guns on its premises. Again at Columbine, and at Virginia Tech. Notice you don't see similar shootings in places like Texas or Nebraska, the places with the highest degree of gun ownership? That's not coincidental.

It's an interesting point, but most of these shooters end up killing themselves or aren't afraid to get shot themselves. So what difference does it make if they think guns are at a place or not?

aboutime
12-14-2012, 03:00 PM
It's an interesting point, but most of these shooters end up killing themselves or aren't afraid to get shot themselves. So what difference does it make if they think guns are at a place or not?

Think about what you just said above pete. If the shooters kill themselves, and have no fear of being shot. HOW can you, or anyone else WITH A GUN...stop them?

pete311
12-14-2012, 03:03 PM
Think about what you just said above pete. If the shooters kill themselves, and have no fear of being shot. HOW can you, or anyone else WITH A GUN...stop them?

If a crazy has obtained a gun, it's already too late.

The sad thing is I fully expect another mass shooting during the holiday shopping rush.

DragonStryk72
12-14-2012, 03:05 PM

Because they could be shot before they kill anyone, and that gives them pause. Wouldn't that suck for them? You get all set for that thing, only to be shot in the parking lot before you ever make it to the door, by a janitor who saw the weapon?

Many are also gunned down by the cops, like at Columbine and VA Tech, or they're captured alive, like with Aurora. Actually, mass murderers rarely kill themselves after the fact, and try to live through the run, even if they'll only get lethal injection later.

aboutime
12-14-2012, 03:07 PM
If a crazy has obtained a gun, it's already too late.

The sad thing is I fully expect another mass shooting during the holiday shopping rush.

Okay. I can't disagree, or agree with you. But pete. You still haven't narrowed it down. What can You, or I do if it's too late?

I have no more power to stop it, or prevent it from happening again than you.

What do you expect me to say? And, if you are right. What's next?

Voted4Reagan
12-14-2012, 03:11 PM

How about the OSAKA SCHOOL MASSACRE
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osaka_school_massacre

The Osaka School Massacre took place on June 8, 2001, at Ikeda (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikeda,_Osaka) Elementary School, an elite primary school (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primary_school) affiliated with Osaka Kyoiku University (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osaka_Kyoiku_University) in Osaka Prefecture (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osaka_Prefecture), Japan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan).At 10:15 that morning, 37-year-old former janitor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janitor) Mamoru Takuma (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mamoru_Takuma) entered the school armed with a kitchen knife (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitchen_knife) and began stabbing numerous school children and teachers. He killed eight children, mostly between the ages of seven and eight, and seriously wounded thirteen other children and two teachers.

Here are a bunch more:

Arson, Stabbing Rampage in Seoul South Korea (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,440901,00.html): 10/20/2008. 6 people dead, 5 from stabbing. 7 others wounded, 4 seriously. An angry man felt people “looked down on him.”

Anti-police stabbing spree in Shanghai, China: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yang_Jia_%28Chinese_murderer%29) 7/2008. 6 Police Officers stabbed to death, 4 wounded. 28 year old man angry at police attacked a police station with a knife.

Akihabara Massacre, Chiyoda City, Tokyo, Japan: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akihabara_massacre) 6/8/2008. 7 people killed (3 struck by car, 4 by stabbing), many more injured. Man slammed into a crowd with his car, then jumped out and began stabbing people to death.

18 year old slashes 4 to death in Sitka, Alaska, US: (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,341569,00.html) 3/25/2008. 4 people killed. 18 year old (old enough to purchase a rifle over the counter) kills 4 people, related to him, with a 5 inch knife.

Stabbing Spree kills 2, Tsuchiura, Japan: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masahiro_Kanagawa) 3/23/2008. 2 killed, 7 wounded. Man “just wanted to kill anyone.”

Stabbing spree wounds 41, 6 seriously in Berlin Train Station: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin_Hauptbahnhof) 5/26/2006. 41 wounded, 6 seriously. Thankfully no one died in this attack, but not for lack of trying on the part of the drunk 16 year old.

4 killed in stabbing spree in London, UK: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Gonzalez) 9/2004. 4 killed, 2 wounded. Mentally ill man attacks mostly older people.

6 killed over Xbox dispute in Deltona, Florida, US: (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,210953,00.html) 8/6/2004. 6 killed. 4 men (all old enough to legally purchase firearms) bludgeon 6 people to death with baseball bats over purloined Xbox.

Daegu subway fire, Daegu, South Korea: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daegu_subway_fire) 2/18/2003. 198 killed, 147 injured. A 56 year old unemployed taxi driver, dissatisfied with his medical treatment, sets fire to a crowded train.

All those countries have strict gun control laws....

You are truly an Idiot Gabby.....

tailfins
12-14-2012, 03:14 PM

The Osaka School Massacre took place on June 8, 2001, at Ikeda (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikeda,_Osaka) Elementary School, an elite primary school (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primary_school) affiliated with Osaka Kyoiku University (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osaka_Kyoiku_University) in Osaka Prefecture (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osaka_Prefecture), Japan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan).At 10:15 that morning, 37-year-old former janitor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janitor) Mamoru Takuma (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mamoru_Takuma) entered the school armed with a kitchen knife (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitchen_knife) and began stabbing numerous school children and teachers. He killed eight children, mostly between the ages of seven and eight, and seriously wounded thirteen other children and two teachers.

Here are a bunch more:

Arson, Stabbing Rampage in Seoul South Korea (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,440901,00.html): 10/20/2008. 6 people dead, 5 from stabbing. 7 others wounded, 4 seriously. An angry man felt people “looked down on him.”

Anti-police stabbing spree in Shanghai, China: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yang_Jia_%28Chinese_murderer%29) 7/2008. 6 Police Officers stabbed to death, 4 wounded. 28 year old man angry at police attacked a police station with a knife.

Akihabara Massacre, Chiyoda City, Tokyo, Japan: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akihabara_massacre) 6/8/2008. 7 people killed (3 struck by car, 4 by stabbing), many more injured. Man slammed into a crowd with his car, then jumped out and began stabbing people to death.

18 year old slashes 4 to death in Sitka, Alaska, US: (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,341569,00.html) 3/25/2008. 4 people killed. 18 year old (old enough to purchase a rifle over the counter) kills 4 people, related to him, with a 5 inch knife.

Stabbing Spree kills 2, Tsuchiura, Japan: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masahiro_Kanagawa) 3/23/2008. 2 killed, 7 wounded. Man “just wanted to kill anyone.”

Stabbing spree wounds 41, 6 seriously in Berlin Train Station: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin_Hauptbahnhof) 5/26/2006. 41 wounded, 6 seriously. Thankfully no one died in this attack, but not for lack of trying on the part of the drunk 16 year old.

4 killed in stabbing spree in London, UK: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Gonzalez) 9/2004. 4 killed, 2 wounded. Mentally ill man attacks mostly older people.

6 killed over Xbox dispute in Deltona, Florida, US: (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,210953,00.html) 8/6/2004. 6 killed. 4 men (all old enough to legally purchase firearms) bludgeon 6 people to death with baseball bats over purloined Xbox.

Daegu subway fire, Daegu, South Korea: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daegu_subway_fire) 2/18/2003. 198 killed, 147 injured. A 56 year old unemployed taxi driver, dissatisfied with his medical treatment, sets fire to a crowded train.

Deltona, Florida is a country? Wow! That secession petition is working better than I thought!

Robert A Whit
12-14-2012, 03:15 PM
until a wacko teacher takes out a classroom. i bet most teachers don't want to be armed.

Do you feel that way about policemen or women? Do you also want them to not have weapons?

gabosaurus
12-14-2012, 03:18 PM

OK, there were 22 children who were freaking SLAUGHTERED by a crazy guy with a gun. He went room to room and shot people with assault weapons. Not a handgun or a hunting rifle.
No one uses a knife or a car or a banana to run about freaking SLAUGHTERING kids.
But I am sure that is fine with you people, so it is fine with me.
It is time to ban anything but single round weapons. You can't tell me you need anything other than a handgun or a hunting rifle.

If you still believe you need any kind of auto fire weapon, you need to think about some lunatic coming into your child's class room (or bedroom) and blowing his or her head off with a rifle. Think about it, if you have that capability. Your child SLAUGHTERED as they sit someplace.

And if you can't consider that, you are a pathetic human being who doesn't deserve to have children.

tailfins
12-14-2012, 03:20 PM

OK, there were 22 children who were freaking SLAUGHTERED by a crazy guy with a gun. He went room to room and shot people with assault weapons. Not a handgun or a hunting rifle.
No one uses a knife or a car or a banana to run about freaking SLAUGHTERING kids.
It is time to ban anything but single round weapons. You can't tell me you need anything other than a handgun or a hunting rifle.

If you still believe you need any kind of auto fire weapon, you need to think about some lunatic coming into your child's class room (or bedroom) and blowing his or her head off with a rifle. Think about it, if you have that capability. Your child SLAUGHTERED as they sit someplace.

And if you can't consider that, you are a pathetic human being who doesn't deserve to have children.

Are you mad, sis?

I'm glad we have an influence over you!

I bet John Walsh and Charles Lindbergh were relieved no firearms were involved in their losses.

pete311
12-14-2012, 03:21 PM
Do you feel that way about policemen or women? Do you also want them to not have weapons?

good point, i'll concede. i'm sure the teachers would get an extensive security check too

gabosaurus
12-14-2012, 03:26 PM
Are you mad, sis?

I am extremely angry. I work with children every day. I can't even bear to think about any of my kids being slaughtered.
You can say what you want, but most of the extreme massacres are carried out with guns.
I am NOT calling for hand guns or hunting rifles to be banned. But tell me why they don't need to be registered? Tell me why any intelligent human being needs an assault rifle?
I am sure there are a lot of brain addled rednecks who love shooting up places. They want to keep 100 rifles in their homes.
But that is a different disease.

Voted4Reagan
12-14-2012, 03:27 PM
Deltona, Florida is a country? Wow! That secession petition is working better than I thought!

You been to Florida recently?

lol

That one is obviously in the US... as well as the Alaska one...

but hey.... Gabby said you cant commit Mass Murder with a Knife...

Why dont you take her to task as well Mr. Tailfin?

Tell her what a ridiculous statement that was for her to make.....

and if Florida Seceded... think of all the money saved on Medicare and Medicaid!!!

Voted4Reagan
12-14-2012, 03:29 PM

it happens all the time... Look at the list i posted you Moron...

Here... Respond to this

tailfins
12-14-2012, 03:32 PM
I am extremely angry. I work with children every day. I can't even bear to think about any of my kids being slaughtered.
You can say what you want, but most of the extreme massacres are carried out with guns.
I am NOT calling for hand guns or hunting rifles to be banned. But tell me why they don't need to be registered? Tell me why any intelligent human being needs an assault rifle?
I am sure there are a lot of brain addled rednecks who love shooting up places. They want to keep 100 rifles in their homes.

That's what liberty is all about. Some people like shooting AK-47s at clay pigeons for their "pursuit of happiness". It's a trade: Don't mess with their pursuit of happiness and they don't mess with yours. Life becomes much simpler when you learn not to f#@k with what makes the other person happy.

SassyLady
12-14-2012, 03:40 PM

Gabby, why are you here screaming at us? We had nothing to do with this slaughter. We are just as appalled and grieving as you are. The difference is that we know what the true issue is and it's not gun control. Look into the background of the last few shooters ... they are disturbed. Now, ask yourself how they became disturbed? Ownership of a gun is not what drove them insane.

Also, are you absolutely sure he used "ASSAULT" weapons or just semi-automatic? Big difference.

If I believe I have the right to bear arms as a way to defend myself from tyrants and dictators, you bet your ass I will need more than a "single shot" firearm.

So, quit focusing so much on the weapon used and focus on the fact that we need to find the source of why these kids are having mental breakdowns and want to show the world how fractured their lives are. Let's focus on the influences they have been subjected to that drive them crazy .... like, perhaps video games, social media, bullying (by peers or parents) ... there is a lot of things going on here that gun control will not affect.

Little-Acorn
12-14-2012, 03:43 PM
Gabby, why are you here screaming at us?

That's all she ever does with any issue, SL. Scream, blame people she hates, make up "facts" where she has none, and call for massive government to make it all better.

Question is, why are you bothering to pay any attention to her?

revelarts
12-14-2012, 03:46 PM
Gabby Norawys gun laws are as restrictive as you'd like however
'Armed with only a 9mm Glock 17 and a Ruger Mini-14, Anders Breivik was able to shoot and kill 69 people in Norway (not including the 8 he killed with a bomb). That's only one less person than were killed in Columbine, Virginia Tech, Fort Hood and Aurora combined.'
He could have just as easily gone to an elementary school.

Your passion i understand however your solution will not work.

SassyLady
12-14-2012, 03:47 PM
That's all she ever does with any issue, SL. Scream, blame people she hates, make up "facts" where she has none, and call for massive government to make it all better.

Because a lot of people think/feel as she does and might not be voicing it. I hope that my message can be heard by them, if not Gabby.

tailfins
12-14-2012, 03:48 PM

I think she's bi-polar. She's actually pretty funny poking at people and annoying them when she is "up". She is what I call a character. She's actually pretty funny when she is down as well. Is it cruel to make sport of her when she is down? That's my only doubt.

DragonStryk72
12-14-2012, 03:50 PM

Actually, there's a whole list in this very thread of people who very much DID commit mass murders with knives, including children at school.

We do have that capability, but you aren't asking for thought. You're asking for base emotional reactions that solve nothing, and only increase panic reaction.

SassyLady
12-14-2012, 03:54 PM
Because a lot of people think/feel as she does and might not be voicing it. I hope that my message can be heard by them, if not Gabby.

Gabby gets exactly what she puts out. She can be cruel when others are down. Just the fact that she came here and posted how much she abhors us for supporting gun control without even thinking we are just as "down" and upset as she is shows that she can be cruel and vicious as anyone.

tailfins
12-14-2012, 03:58 PM
Gabby gets exactly what she puts out. She can be cruel when others are down. Just the fact that she came here and posted how much she abhors us for supporting gun control without even thinking we are just as "down" and upset as she is shows that she can be cruel and vicious as anyone.

Thanks for giving me the justification I needed! :thumb:

DragonStryk72
12-14-2012, 04:03 PM

Why does my owning a firearm change someone else owning one? You think the world will simply stop producing them? Further point, it isn't as though he couldn't achieve the same kill count with a .22 glok.

Wait, that's not actually true. Sorry, I thought about it when I wrote it, and actually, his kill ratio would like have been higher with a semi-automatic weapon. I say this because, bullet-for-bullet, the glok is far more accurate than any FA gun. When you use full auto fire, the gun starts to "walk", a drift cause by the power of the gunfire, and the ejection of the rounds, which increases bullet waste. We were taught to compensate for it when I was learning for qual on the M-14.

SassyLady
12-14-2012, 04:03 PM
Shooter's mother and father found dead.....in two different states. This was premeditated. Killer used this forum to show the world how fractured he feels his life has become. Sad.

revelarts
12-14-2012, 04:05 PM
Making Drugs illegal have keep crazy people from taking drugs...

Making guns illegal has keep guns out of NewYork City and D.C....

SassyLady
12-14-2012, 04:09 PM

Says volumes about gun control.......having a whole nation like New York or DC?

Seems the second person of interest is the shooter's brother, Ryan. Shooter's name is Adam Lanza(?). The guns were registered to the mother.

tailfins
12-14-2012, 04:09 PM

Hmmm! He's unable to construct proper sentences! What everyone wants to know revelarts is: Are YOU taking drugs?

pete311
12-14-2012, 04:11 PM

Guns don't grow in the ground, nor are they built in a jungle tent. You can regulate guns a lot more effectively.

Voted4Reagan
12-14-2012, 04:18 PM
Hmmm! He's unable to construct proper sentences! What everyone wants to know revelarts is: Are YOU taking drugs?

Maybe he uses Voice Recognition Software... ever think of that?

SassyLady
12-14-2012, 04:23 PM
Guns don't grow in the ground, nor are they built in a jungle tent. You can regulate guns a lot more effectively.

That's your stance ... because something is easier to regulate let's regulate the hell out of it?! Silly.

tailfins
12-14-2012, 04:26 PM
Maybe he uses Voice Recognition Software... ever think of that?

In that case it could be the drugs affect his speech. After thinking about it, the VR software wouldn't capitalize the second word in a sentence.

pete311
12-14-2012, 04:52 PM
That's your stance ... because something is easier to regulate let's regulate the hell out of it?! Silly.

No that's not my reasoning.

Robert A Whit
12-14-2012, 05:05 PM

I have seen another report claiming two pistols were used. Is the word assault the same to you as the wanton killing of kids not yet to see the light of day by mothers getting abortions?

Calm down. You can't bring anybody back. The shooter was out of his mind. Not all gun owners are out of their minds.

I am 74. Well trained to use many various guns. Not one time have I gone to a school and used weapons on humans. Matter of fact, (knock on wood) to date I have not killed any human. I did kill some fruit flies recently.

tailfins
12-14-2012, 05:14 PM
Not all gun owners are out of their minds.

But some are senile!

Robert A Whit
12-14-2012, 05:17 PM
Why does my owning a firearm change someone else owning one? You think the world will simply stop producing them? Further point, it isn't as though he couldn't achieve the same kill count with a .22 glok.

Wait, that's not actually true. Sorry, I thought about it when I wrote it, and actually, his kill ratio would like have been higher with a semi-automatic weapon. I say this because, bullet-for-bullet, the glok is far more accurate than any FA gun. When you use full auto fire, the gun starts to "walk", a drift cause by the power of the gunfire, and the ejection of the rounds, which increases bullet waste. We were taught to compensate for it when I was learning for qual on the M-14.

I attest to that. We spent considerable time learning how to control automatic weapons. When shooting a machine gun for example, we trained by selecting targets during daylight and sticking small sticks in the ground, Those were to be used at night. We called them aiming sticks. Lock the machine gun down on one target. When it became needed to shift the gun, move to a stick and lock it down and shoot. Bursts of 6 I think we were trained to use. Been a long time since I was in your army service.

Even locked down, at night using tracers, you can tell the bullets scatter a bit into pretty well defined patterns depending on the range they are shot at. For instance, the pattern at 50 yards is different than at 100 yards.

As many as he killed, this killer was a very good shot. Darned few shot kids were injured. 3 heard went to the hospital.

This is so sad.

pete311
12-14-2012, 05:23 PM
This is so sad.

This

jafar00
12-14-2012, 05:38 PM

Here are a bunch more:

Nice list from all over the world over 7 years and not just in schools.

Here is another nice list, this time over two years, in the USA only and ONLY in schools

<tbody>
Discovery Middle School (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discovery_Middle_School)
Madison, Alabama (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madison,_Alabama)
February 5
1[66] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting#cite_note-66)

University of Alabama in Huntsville (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_University_of_Alabama_in_Huntsville_shooting)
Huntsville, Alabama (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huntsville,_Alabama)
February 12
3[67] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting#cite_note-67)

Deer Creek Middle School (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deer_Creek_Middle_School)
Littleton, Colorado (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Littleton,_Colorado)
February 23
0[68] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting#cite_note-68)

Birney Elementary School (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birney_Elementary_School)
Tacoma, Washington (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacoma,_Washington)
February 26
1[69] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting#cite_note-69)

Ohio State University (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio_State_University)
Columbus, Ohio (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbus,_Ohio)
March 9
2[70] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting#cite_note-70)

Belleville Township HS East (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Belleville_Township_HS_East&action=edit&redlink=1)
Belleville, Illinois (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belleville,_Illinois)
August 17
1[71] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting#cite_note-71)

University of Texas at Austin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Texas_at_Austin#Recent_history)
Austin, Texas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austin,_Texas)
September 28
1[72] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting#cite_note-72)

Alisal High School (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alisal_High_School)
Salinas, California (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salinas,_California)
October 1
1[73] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting#cite_note-73)[74] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting#cite_note-74)

Mid-Atlantic Christian University (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-Atlantic_Christian_University)
Elizabeth City, North Carolina (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_City,_North_Carolina)
October 3
1[75] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting#cite_note-75)

Kelly Elementary School (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelly_Elementary_School)
Carlsbad, California (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlsbad,_California)
October 8
2 (wounded)[76] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting#cite_note-76)[77] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting#cite_note-77)

Marinette High School (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marinette_High_School)
Marinette, Wisconsin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marinette,_Wisconsin)
November 29
1[78] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting#cite_note-78)

Millard South High School shooting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millard_South_High_School_shooting)
Omaha, Nebraska (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omaha,_Nebraska), United States
January 5
2[79] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting#cite_note-79)

Martinsville West Middle School (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Martinsville_West_Middle_School&action=edit&redlink=1)
Martinsville, Indiana (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martinsville,_Indiana)
March 25
0[80] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting#cite_note-80)

Worthing High School (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worthing_High_School_(Houston,_Texas))
Houston, Texas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston,_Texas)
March 30
1[81] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting#cite_note-81)

Ross Elementary School (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Ross_Elementary_School_(Houston,_T exas)&action=edit&redlink=1)
April 19
0[82] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting#cite_note-82)

San Jose State University (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Jose_State_University)
San Jose, California (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Jose,_California)
May 10
3[83] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting#cite_note-83)

Pearl City Middle School (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Pearl_City_Middle_School_(Pearl_Ci ty,_Hawaii)&action=edit&redlink=1)
Pearl City, Hawaii (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_City,_Hawaii)
May 23
1[84] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting#cite_note-84)

Cape Fear High School shooting (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Cape_Fear_High_School_shooting&action=edit&redlink=1)
Fayetteville, North Carolina (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fayetteville,_North_Carolina)
October 24
0[85] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting#cite_note-85)

2011 Virginia Tech shooting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Virginia_Tech_shooting)
Blacksburg, Virginia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blacksburg,_Virginia)
December 8
2 [86] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting#cite_note-86)

Walpole Elementary School (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Walpole_Elementary_School&action=edit&redlink=1)
Walpole, New Hampshire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walpole,_New_Hampshire)
February 10
1 (injury) [87] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting#cite_note-87)

Chardon High School shooting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chardon_High_School_shooting)
Chardon, Ohio (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chardon,_Ohio)
February 27
3[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed)]

Oikos University shooting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oikos_University_shooting)
Oakland, California (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oakland,_California)
April 2
7[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed)]

Perry Hall High School (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perry_Hall_High_School#2012_shooting)
Perry Hall, Maryland (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perry_Hall,_Maryland)
August 27
1 (injury)[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed)]

Normal Community High School (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_Community_High_School)
Normal, Illinois (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal,_Illinois)
September 7
0[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed)]

Stillwater Junior High School (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Stillwater_Junior_High_School&action=edit&redlink=1)
Stillwater, Oklahoma (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stillwater,_Oklahoma)
September 26
1 (suicide)[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed)]

Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Hook_Elementary_School_shooting)
Newtown, Connecticut (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newtown,_Connecticut)
December 14

</tbody>
How about the solution being that you arm all of your kids so they can defend themselves shot in between solving calculus problems and afternoon recess? Yeh that will work. More guns will make it safer.

Gabby Norawys gun laws are as restrictive as you'd like however
'Armed with only a 9mm Glock 17 and a Ruger Mini-14, Anders Breivik was able to shoot and kill 69 people in Norway (not including the 8 he killed with a bomb). That's only one less person than were killed in Columbine, Virginia Tech, Fort Hood and Aurora combined.'
He could have just as easily gone to an elementary school.

Your passion i understand however your solution will not work.

This kind of thing is so rare in Norway. Actually it is the ONLY shooting to hit the news in Norway EVER.

Yes Norway does have relatively restrictive gun laws. They also don't feel the paranoid need to carry a firearm to protect themselves as they go down the corner store for a pint of milk.

aboutime
12-14-2012, 05:50 PM

Here is another nice list, this time over two years, in the USA only and ONLY in schools

<tbody>
February 5

University of Alabama in Huntsville (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_University_of_Alabama_in_Huntsville_shooting)
February 12

Deer Creek Middle School (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deer_Creek_Middle_School)
February 23

Birney Elementary School (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birney_Elementary_School)
February 26

March 9

Belleville Township HS East (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Belleville_Township_HS_East&action=edit&redlink=1)
August 17

University of Texas at Austin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Texas_at_Austin#Recent_history)
September 28

October 1
1[73] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting#cite_note-73)[74] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting#cite_note-74)

Mid-Atlantic Christian University (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-Atlantic_Christian_University)
Elizabeth City, North Carolina (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_City,_North_Carolina)
October 3

October 8
2 (wounded)[76] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting#cite_note-76)[77] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting#cite_note-77)

November 29

Millard South High School shooting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millard_South_High_School_shooting)
January 5

Martinsville West Middle School (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Martinsville_West_Middle_School&action=edit&redlink=1)
March 25

Worthing High School (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worthing_High_School_(Houston,_Texas))
March 30

Ross Elementary School (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Ross_Elementary_School_(Houston,_T exas)&action=edit&redlink=1)
April 19

San Jose State University (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Jose_State_University)
May 10

Pearl City Middle School (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Pearl_City_Middle_School_(Pearl_Ci ty,_Hawaii)&action=edit&redlink=1)
May 23

Cape Fear High School shooting (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Cape_Fear_High_School_shooting&action=edit&redlink=1)
Fayetteville, North Carolina (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fayetteville,_North_Carolina)
October 24

2011 Virginia Tech shooting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Virginia_Tech_shooting)
December 8

Walpole Elementary School (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Walpole_Elementary_School&action=edit&redlink=1)
February 10

Chardon High School shooting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chardon_High_School_shooting)
February 27

Oikos University shooting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oikos_University_shooting)
April 2

Perry Hall High School (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perry_Hall_High_School#2012_shooting)
August 27
1 (injury)[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed)]

Normal Community High School (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_Community_High_School)
September 7

Stillwater Junior High School (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Stillwater_Junior_High_School&action=edit&redlink=1)
September 26
1 (suicide)[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed)]

Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Hook_Elementary_School_shooting)
December 14

</tbody>
How about the solution being that you arm all of your kids so they can defend themselves shot in between solving calculus problems and afternoon recess? Yeh that will work. More guns will make it safer.

This kind of thing is so rare in Norway. Actually it is the ONLY shooting to hit the news in Norway EVER.

Yes Norway does have relatively restrictive gun laws. They also don't feel the paranoid need to carry a firearm to protect themselves as they go down the corner store for a pint of milk.

Not that you would understand this concept jafar. But for SHITS and GIGGLES here. What is the POPULATION of Norway?

Now, compare your reasoning...if that's what you call it, with the POPULATION of the U.S.A.

And let's not forget the SIZE of Norway...in Area. As compared to the USA.

Norway is about the size of New Jersey?

That would mean...the USA is probably 49 Times larger than Norway?

It's a wonder you didn't include your much hated Israel as well.

DragonStryk72
12-14-2012, 06:08 PM

Really? What regulation would make it so that no one can get one through illegal means? You've also failed to respond to any of my further points on the subject. As well, the man walked in with sidearms alongside the assault weapon. Care to answer that one?

I post the points of people who commit this purposely choosing unarmed areas for it, and nothing really on that. A list gets posted of people mass murdering with knives, and we're still only talking about the gun.

When a person gets to the point of mass murder, they no longer care in the least that they are doing so with an illegally obtained firearms. Worse, they might just make some bathtub symatex, and put the kill ratio near or on 100%. Or maybe they trap everyone inside and set the place on fire. Do you really think that if we got rid of the assault rifles, we'd no longer have mass murders? The means of doing so would simply get more barbaric.

DragonStryk72
12-14-2012, 06:23 PM

<tbody>

</tbody>

1) No one's advocating that, or trying to.

2) The list that was posted was in response to someone who said that no one goes on a murder spree. How in god's name does you list disprove that in ANY way?

3) Gratz Norway, that doesn't work here, though. That's why gun crime went up in every state that passed more restrictive gun laws, especially DC, where they outlawed handguns entirely. Where is gun crime low? Texas and Nebraska, where the gun ownership is highest. Also spiked high in places such as England and Canada when they outlawed guns. Seems the criminals decided to not go ahead and hand over their arms, and instead use them.

Gun laws would not have stopped this guy, just like morality didn't stop him, or the fact that he was firing on innocent children. How many times does that have to be stated before it sinks in? The weapon was the TOOL. Has it not been an assault rifle, it would've been the two handguns and spare clips he walked in with, or a hunting rifle, or explosives, or simply trapping them and burning everyone alive. Are we gonna regulate fire now?

pete311
12-14-2012, 06:55 PM
I post the points of people who commit this purposely choosing unarmed areas for it, and nothing really on that. A list gets posted of people mass murdering with knives, and we're still only talking about the gun.

When a person gets to the point of mass murder, they no longer care in the least that they are doing so with an illegally obtained firearms. Worse, they might just make some bathtub symatex, and put the kill ratio near or on 100%. Or maybe they trap everyone inside and set the place on fire. Do you really think that if we got rid of the assault rifles, we'd no longer have mass murders? The means of doing so would simply get more barbaric.

He had semi-automatic weapons with high capacity extended clips, an assault rifle and a bullet proof vest. There is no reason why any civilian should be allowed to buy any these things. I'll take my odds with these creeps trying to get them illegally. Maybe it is harder, maybe they get mugged whatever. Most of these mass shooters are getting their equipment legally, and that ain't right. I'll also take my odds on them actually making an explosive device. Timothy McVeigh was a smart dude. I don't think most are as smart as he. Maybe one or two will blow themselves up trying to make a bomb before they get to use it.

Missileman
12-14-2012, 07:08 PM

<tbody>

February 5

February 12

February 23

February 26

March 9

August 17

September 28

October 1

October 3

October 8

November 29

January 5

March 25

March 30

April 19

May 10

May 23

October 24

December 8

February 10

February 27

April 2

August 27

September 7

September 26

December 14

</tbody>

Depending on what neighborhood you live in, the paranoia is warranted.

Missileman
12-14-2012, 07:14 PM
He had semi-automatic weapons with high capacity extended clips, an assault rifle and a bullet proof vest. There is no reason why any civilian should be allowed to buy any these things. I'll take my odds with these creeps trying to get them illegally. Maybe it is harder, maybe they get mugged whatever. Most of these mass shooters are getting their equipment legally, and that ain't right. I'll also take my odds on them actually making an explosive device.Timothy McVeigh was a smart dude. I don't think most are as smart as he. Maybe one or two will blow themselves up trying to make a bomb before they get to use it.

All three guns this guy used were LEGALLY purchased and registered by his mother, so technically, he committed the massacre with stolen weapons. He could just as easily have bought them on the black market if it were illegal to own a gun. If some nut job decides to kill some people on a suicide mission, there is NO law, NO amount of regulation, NO way in hell to prevent it.

pete311
12-14-2012, 07:16 PM
All three guns this guy used were LEGALLY purchased and registered by his mother

interesting, do you have a source? nm, just found it

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-14-2012, 07:20 PM
He had semi-automatic weapons with high capacity extended clips, an assault rifle and a bullet proof vest. There is no reason why any civilian should be allowed to buy any these things. I'll take my odds with these creeps trying to get them illegally. Maybe it is harder, maybe they get mugged whatever. Most of these mass shooters are getting their equipment legally, and that ain't right. I'll also take my odds on them actually making an explosive device.Timothy McVeigh was a smart dude. I don't think most are as smart as he. Maybe one or two will blow themselves up trying to make a bomb before they get to use it.

The weapon was only the tool used, the murderer was the man. Nobody has ever found a way to prevent people from murdering. Take their guns they use knives or clubs. Using this senseless tragedy to advance an anti-gun agenda is crass, lowlife and dirty , exactly the gods the leftist/libs glorify in . Obama was on this like stink on a turd. Couldnt wait to attack the 2nd Amendment and patriotic Americans. You are wrong and fall the trap they use. The citizens are not to be disarmed, the Constitution insures that. Tens of thousands die in car crashes, when will we outlaw cars? Your feel good position warrants a bit of ridicule IMHO. Think past the first kick..... or at least try to..-Tyr

pete311
12-14-2012, 07:42 PM
Take their guns they use knives or clubs.

Sounds good to me! Can you not see the obvious upgrade to this predicament?

Missileman
12-14-2012, 07:46 PM

Are twenty kids killed by a gun more dead than twenty killed with a knife, or a rock, or a bomb, or a fire, or by...?

pete311
12-14-2012, 07:49 PM
Are twenty kids killed by a gun more dead than twenty killed with a knife, or a rock, or a bomb, or a fire, or by...?

Every time I'll take my odds with a knife or rock or club over a gun.

Missileman
12-14-2012, 07:53 PM

Guns malfunction or run out of ammo, but that wasn't the question. Does it really matter what they were killed with except to those with an anti-gun agenda?

pete311
12-14-2012, 07:54 PM
Guns malfunction or run out of ammo, but that wasn't the question. Does it really matter what they were killed with except to those with an anti-gun agenda?

if it were a nuclear device would it matter?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-14-2012, 07:55 PM

Not really, dead is dead.. I have my guns and protect my home when Im here, no cops needed. Let the cops protect the ones that have no guns and want to be at the mercy of protection that usually arrives after they are dead! Man comes into my house uninvited with any weapon , he will go out feetfirst full of holes. And I will not ask his race, religion , sexual persuasion or political views. --Dead is dead. Many people are robbed and murdered by people that actually know them. People that know me know exactly how the ball would bounce they ever tried to take whats mine! Ive been around some very very bad people most of my younger life. Nobody, I REPEAT NOBODY EVER DECIDED TO TRY TO MAKE ME A VICTIM OF ROBBERY. Was I just lucky or did my ability and known stand make a difference? I wasnt just lucky.. -Tyr

pete311
12-14-2012, 07:57 PM
Not really, dead is dead..

So you support the right for people to carry nuclear weapons around with them?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-14-2012, 07:58 PM
every time i'll take my odds with a knife or rock or club over a gun.

lets hope you never have to because the guy with the gun unless a very, very bad shot will kill you easily without even breaking a sweat!

Missileman
12-14-2012, 07:59 PM
if it were a nuclear device would it matter?

You tell me...you're the one who appears to be arguing that a child beaten or stabbed to death is better than one shot to death.

pete311
12-14-2012, 08:02 PM
You tell me...you're the one who appears to be arguing that a child beaten or stabbed to death is better than one shot to death.

how many mass clubbings or mass stabbing have there been? besides the chinese one today

Missileman
12-14-2012, 08:08 PM
how many mass clubbings or mass stabbing have there been? besides the chinese one today

Look it up with a search engine. How many would there have to be to outlaw knives and clubs?

Voted4Reagan
12-14-2012, 08:13 PM

since time began...More people have been killed by the blade/club or Arrow then by Fire Arms

Voted4Reagan
12-14-2012, 08:32 PM
Guns aren’t even the most lethal mass murder weapon. According to data compiled by Grant Duwe of the Minnesota Department of Corrections, guns killed an average of 4.92 victims per mass murder in the United States during the 20th century, just edging out knives, blunt objects, and bare hands, which killed 4.52 people per incident. Fire killed 6.82 people per mass murder, while explosives far outpaced the other options at 20.82. Of the 25 deadliest mass murders in the 20th century, only 52 percent involved guns.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2012/07/aurora_shooting_how_did_people_commit_mass_murder_ before_automatic_weapons_.html

In 1990, Julio González murdered 87 victims at the Happy Land Social Club in the Bronx. His weapon was $5 worth of gasoline.

AA Flight 11: 87 passengers murdered
AA Flight 77: 59 passengers murdered
United Flight 93: 40 passengers murdered
United flight 175: 60 passengers murdered
on the ground in NY: 2606 murdered
on the ground Pentagon: 125 murdered

the key weapon responsible for murdering all those people? Boxcutters and Airplanes

jimnyc
12-14-2012, 08:42 PM
W vehicle to do their work will be found/used.Suppose someone is going to plan a mass killing because their brain is fucked. They will plan appropriately, and just use whichever is a means to their end. Even if you rid the world of guns overnight, a new vehicle to finish their psychotic ways will be found. I'll guarantee you that way back in caveman days, a large rock or 2 was used to bash in someone's skull. People can get a truck, pull into parking lot and floor it. They can easily take out 5-30 by doing so. People can believe all they want that the guns being banned will solve something, but it will just have the psychos finding new ways to be psycho.

krisy
12-14-2012, 09:06 PM
W vehicle to do their work will be found/used.Suppose someone is going to plan a mass killing because their brain is fucked. They will plan appropriately, and just use whichever is a means to their end. Even if you rid the world of guns overnight, a new vehicle to finish their psychotic ways will be found. I'll guarantee you that way back in caveman days, a large rock or 2 was used to bash in someone's skull. People can get a truck, pull into parking lot and floor it. They can easily take out 5-30 by doing so. People can believe all they want that the guns being banned will solve something, but it will just have the psychos finding new ways to be psycho.

I agree. Before the anti gun patrol gets too loud,maybe they should stop and think about the fact that this person was mentally ill. Maybe if THAT issue had been dealt with,this wouldn't have happened. Four guns did not wake up this morning,drive to the school and fire themselves!

I just heard on the radio that the brother says the shooter was mildly autistic and had some other mental issues.

SassyLady
12-14-2012, 09:35 PM

However, if you had a gun, it would still be better than your bare hands against a knife, rock, club OR gun.

Robert A Whit
12-14-2012, 09:39 PM
But some are senile!

Could be. thus far I have not met any.

Robert A Whit
12-14-2012, 09:46 PM
Not really, dead is dead.. I have my guns and protect my home when Im here, no cops needed. Let the cops protect the ones that have no guns and want to be at the mercy of protection that usually arrives after they are dead! Man comes into my house uninvited with any weapon , he will go out feetfirst full of holes. And I will not ask his race, religion , sexual persuasion or political views. --Dead is dead. Many people are robbed and murdered by people that actually know them. People that know me know exactly how the ball would bounce they ever tried to take whats mine! Ive been around some very very bad people most of my younger life. Nobody, I REPEAT NOBODY EVER DECIDED TO TRY TO MAKE ME A VICTIM OF ROBBERY. Was I just lucky or did my ability and known stand make a difference? I wasnt just lucky.. -Tyr

How many kids do you estimate die daily in auto accidents?

Voted4Reagan
12-14-2012, 10:19 PM
seems like Gabby pulled her usual "FART & DART"...

Ran in to a discussion and stunk it up and Ran away after...

:thumb::laugh::thumb:

DragonStryk72
12-14-2012, 10:46 PM

Why? Is every civilian a mass murderer? Why do you put foward the punishment of the innocent?

So what you're saying is that a mass murderer went ahead and altered his weapons in such a way as to make it more likely that he could kill more people? What is any law going to do about that? I keep asking the question, and not getting an answer. By the way, did you know you can convert any handgun with a clip into a full automatic weapon? Did you further know that the instructions to do so can easily be found on the internet? Rednecks can do it, so I don't see how that would have slowed down anything.

You don't have to be smart to blow shit up. It's not genius thinking here, making things explode, even big things, is one google search away. Okay, so let's say he's somehow prevented from blowing shit up, cause this is the bizarro universe. So trap them in a room and set it ON FIRE. Cavemen accomplished that, and didn't have lighters. Maybe they'll blow up not only their house, but their neighbors, killing a number of innocents, and maybe they'll succeed at doing even more damage. You awfully up for gambling with everyone else's life to pass laws that won't actually do anything.

Mass murderers will kill masses of people, no matter what law you pass, because they no longer care.

You still refuse to admit that the school was picked because he knew he wouldn't get shot, so it doesn't matter if he rolled in with a bolt action or a howitzer, there was no way to stop him.

Do you have any argument that isn't blaming inert objects for the actions of the humans carrying them?

DragonStryk72
12-14-2012, 10:50 PM

Read the thread. This has already been addressed. But thank you for bringing up ANOTHER one, that wasn't on the list.

Voted4Reagan
12-14-2012, 11:26 PM
Why? Is every civilian a mass murderer? Why do you put foward the punishment of the innocent?

So what you're saying is that a mass murderer went ahead and altered his weapons in such a way as to make it more likely that he could kill more people? What is any law going to do about that? I keep asking the question, and not getting an answer. By the way, did you know you can convert any handgun with a clip into a full automatic weapon? Did you further know that the instructions to do so can easily be found on the internet? Rednecks can do it, so I don't see how that would have slowed down anything.

You don't have to be smart to blow shit up. It's not genius thinking here, making things explode, even big things, is one google search away. Okay, so let's say he's somehow prevented from blowing shit up, cause this is the bizarro universe. So trap them in a room and set it ON FIRE. Cavemen accomplished that, and didn't have lighters. Maybe they'll blow up not only their house, but their neighbors, killing a number of innocents, and maybe they'll succeed at doing even more damage. You awfully up for gambling with everyone else's life to pass laws that won't actually do anything.

Mass murderers will kill masses of people, no matter what law you pass, because they no longer care.

You still refuse to admit that the school was picked because he knew he wouldn't get shot, so it doesn't matter if he rolled in with a bolt action or a howitzer, there was no way to stop him.

Do you have any argument that isn't blaming inert objects for the actions of the humans carrying them?I am sure he and Gabby blame SUV's for killing people and not the Careless drivers

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-14-2012, 11:29 PM
How many kids do you estimate die daily in auto accidents?

Why does it matter that they be kids? Arent adult lives important too? The point was made about using this tragedy to advance a sick political agenda, one that seeks to eradicate the 2nd amendment. And that isnt about kids getting shot, its about our entire population being controlled by a massive central government that wants to limit any ability the citizens have to stand against its ever increasing tyrrany..Wants to take away their right to own guns.. Its not rocket science and its been proven that the government's goal. There is a reason Hitler made sure the guns were taken away before he pulled his crap in Germany. Same thought process here with these brownshirts. I am 58 years old, nobody is going to take my guns, If they try they will get lead. I am not only a Constitutionalist , I am a true patriot also..
Fukk 'em feed 'em fishheads! I dont joke about things like this. Some of us are not cowards and braindead appeasors. Some of us were taught before the schools got corrupted and destroyed truth, honor and the true ideals that founded this nation! Read my tagline. I put it there as a message. Execute all the traitors. I wasnt joking. Its a dangerous act to be patriotic and honorable these days. Sometimes its also dangerous people choosing that path and freedom over servitude.. Think about it.. Obama is a traitor.. He should be tried for treason. Give him his day in court. Let justice decide.. -Tyr

revelarts
12-15-2012, 12:05 AM
Making Drugs illegal have keep crazy people from taking drugs... NOT

Making guns illegal has keep guns out of NewYork City and D.C.... NOT

my sarcasm doesn't always translate.

logroller
12-15-2012, 12:27 AM
I don't think that was between the age of five and ten...so?

So you support the right for people to carry nuclear weapons around with them?
To be honest, I don't support anyone having nuclear weapons-- so your hyperbolic talking point fails to persuade me. I support the right of people to swim; yet 700 people a year die of drowning; 1 in five are young children. You seem to operate under the belief government needs to protect us at all cost; even our ability to ill-protect ourselves.

how many mass clubbings or mass stabbing have there been? besides the chinese one todaysuchthings don't get reported, but Guns assuredly do; because reporting on such caters to an agenda. I believe the rash of mass shootings in the last decade plus have been encouraged by the zealous reporting and the resultant notoriety. We must recognize the role media plays in popular culture and put it in perspective. Mass murder makes headlines; but it pales in comparison to a variety of other social ills (Cars, drowning, fire)

Kathianne
12-15-2012, 12:52 AM

You posted quite early in the day, I've just gotten online in the past 20 minutes or so. Here's an updated AP article:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CONNECTICUT_SCHOOL_SHOOTING?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-12-14-20-56-42

Dec 14, 11:58 PM EST

Gunman kills 26 at Conn. school, commits suicide
By JOHN CHRISTOFFERSEN
Associated Press

...The 20-year-old killer, carrying at least two handguns, committed suicide at the school, bringing the death toll to 28, authorities said.

Law enforcement officials speaking on condition of anonymity said that Lanza killed his mother, Nancy Lanza, then drove to the school in her car with at least three guns, including a high-powered rifle that he apparently left in the back of the vehicle, and shot up two classrooms around 9:30 a.m.

A custodian ran through the halls, warning of a gunman on the loose, and someone switched on the intercom, alerting people in the building to the attack - and perhaps saving many lives - by letting them hear the hysteria going on in the school office, a teacher said. Teachers locked their doors and ordered children to huddle in a corner or hide in closets as shots echoed through the building.

At least one parent said Lanza's mother was a substitute teacher there. But her name did not appear on a staff list. And the law enforcement official said investigators were unable to establish any connection so far between her and the school.

Theodore Varga was in a meeting with other fourth-grade teachers when he heard the gunfire. He said someone had turned on the intercom so that "you could hear people in the office. You could hear the hysteria that was going on. I think whoever did that saved a lot of people. Everyone in the school was listening to the terror that was transpiring."

Also, a custodian ran around, warning people there was someone with a gun, Varga said.

"He said, `Guys! Get down! Hide!'" Varga said. "So he was actually a hero." The teacher said he did not know if the custodian survived.

At least three guns were found - a Glock and a Sig Sauer, both pistols, inside the school, and a .223-caliber rifle in the back of a car, authorities said. A law enforcement official speaking on condition of anonymity said some of the guns used in the attack may have belonged to Lanza's mother, who had legally bought five weapons.

Not quite as 'current,' but closer to the scene:

http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-newtown-sandy-hook-school-shooting-20121214,0,5043872.story

A gunman with a mind for destruction turned the idyllic Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown into a scene of horrific chaos and carnage Friday morning, killing 20 children and six adults, including the school's principal, in the worst shooting at a primary school in U.S. history.
The shooter also killed himself inside the school, authorities said, and his mother was later found dead at her home 2 miles away.

The shootings took place in two first-grade classrooms (ed. We know at least one of the classrooms was a kindergarten,) around 9:30 a.m., sources said, and one witness said she believed as many as 100 rounds had been fired. All of the adults and 18 of the children were pronounced dead at the school. Two more students died at a hospital. A single victim was injured but not killed...

This second article has some facts wrong in all likelihood. However, from all I'm hearing near midnight is that he killed the principal in the administration wing, where he had to enter. The office, turned on the intercom, letting all hear that 'this is not a drill' by the horror they were hearing. Teachers locked their doors and covered door windows, moving the children away from the door. A janitor acted as a minute man, to make sure all were hearing the need to take cover.
He wasn't just roaming through the school, seems he targeted the kindergarten, then may have moved onto another room. My guess they'll know more of his movements tomorrow.

This is just too tragic for words. Using it as 'gun control argument' is idiotic. The mother lawfully bought them, this troubled, perhaps gifted, and autistic young man killed her and took the weapons. He killed himself, we'll never know his thought processes regarding this.

Kathianne
12-15-2012, 03:02 AM
I had heard the shooter was 24 and possibly may have had a relationship with someone who was in the school (teacher maybe?) I also heard something earlier about a body being found at the shooters residence, but can not find that info again, so not sure.

It's incidents like this that make me grateful for the fact that I can legally with draw my children from school and teach them myself.

Ironic part of this, I just withdrew my oldest from public school today.

Thoughts sent to the families of those involved.

Oh and I support the second amendment :salute:

Thought you might find this post of interest:

http://www.voxday.blogspot.com/2012/12/homeschool-or-die-part-562.html

Friday, December 14, 2012 <!-- Begin .post --> <!-- The tags without dollar signs indicate when something should be printed in the page or not. For instance and enclose code and text that will only appear if the item has a title. http://support.google.com/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=42068 --> Homeschool or die, part 562 (http://www.voxday.blogspot.com/2012/12/homeschool-or-die-part-562.html) I imagine the latest school shooting (http://connecticut.cbslocal.com/2012/12/14/school-shooting-leaves-multiple-injured/) will launch the Obama administration's push for more useless gun control. And yet, if they genuinely wanted to reduce the likelihood of the mass murder of schoolchildren, they would ban mass schooling.

CBS News is reporting that 27 people are dead, including <strike>14 </strike>20 students, after a shooting at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown. The gunman is among the dead.
Say what you will about homeschooling, but if your child is taught at home, he's not going to be shot there by some disgruntled school employee, student, or parent. And the idea that gun control laws will make any difference whatsoever with regards to this sort of thing is risible, given that it is already illegal to carry guns onto school property, to say nothing of shooting people there.

And this may be worth keeping in mind when the inevitable push for gun control begins: "The worst mass school murder in American history took place on May 18,1927 in Bath Township, Mich., when a former school board member set off three bombs that killed 45 people."

logroller
12-15-2012, 03:55 AM
I have a sincere worry that the reporting of the method and detail of this crime plants the seeds for the next. Am I alone in this concern?

Kathianne
12-15-2012, 09:52 AM
I have a sincere worry that the reporting of the method and detail of this crime plants the seeds for the next. Am I alone in this concern?

No. I think nearly everyone would agree that until Laurie Dann, this crime was unthinkable. Copycats.

For once though, I do understand the dilemma of the media; when there's an earthquake or superstorm, they must cover it. It's the definition of news.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-15-2012, 10:12 AM

No, you are not alone on that. I've thought same for years. The notoriety and "fame" from such incidents seems to excite and encourage copycats. This guy may have simply shot all those kids in an attempt to make his body count higher than that of Columbine. Crazy , wicked does crazy wicked things. There will be no satisfactory explaination for his actions because that type of murdering crazy never presents one.-Tyr

Abbey Marie
12-15-2012, 10:28 AM
Focusing on the gun instead of the person who committed these atrocities is foolishness. As has been stated, someone with murderous intent will find a way. The question that really matters is how do we fix the human soul?

I will wait to hear more about this family before I can begin to speculate why this young man went off. I will say this generally, though: fractured families, plus murder for entertainment, plus a lack of belief in God, are a potent mix for despair and violence.

revelarts
12-15-2012, 10:30 AM

This, to me at least , also starts to gender more questions.

We all Know there are plenty of 'soft targets' in the US, everywhere really. Why haven't the evil blindly unthinking fanatical Muslim terrorist under the rocks in the U.S. taken advantage of this?

My answer is the threat is overblown as far as attacks of this nature go. the Cultural assult is where the danger lies. not in airports or schools or even the battle feild etc etc.

I know others might disagree but i ask you to consider honestly, not by hyperbolic propaganda. Over a billion muslims in the world a few million in the U.S. if the goal was what some here describe there'd be blood in every major U.S. city.

just a thought.

And here's another.

We are shocked and crushed but what's happened there at the school.
Imagine if it where done by a drone from a Chinese occupying force that was here to free us from Obama and the forces of terrorism.
What if the Chinese apologized for the mistake. then a few days weeks later it happened again. more dead children. A drone strike by our liberators. Then again a shopping mall. they got the terrorist but more dead and wounded civilians. Then again at home in down the street. How long would it take for you to want to take up arms against the Chinese?
would the explanation of Collateral damage be good enough for you?
just a thought.

taft2012
12-15-2012, 10:30 AM

Same ole liberal same ole...

They demagogue a tragedy to strip away our freedoms.

It was only two months ago they lied to us about Benghazi being the result of a "disgusting video" to take a run at our First Amendment rights.

tailfins
12-15-2012, 10:37 AM
For a moment my youngest son didn't want to move to Connecticut next year. Some of the people at the office were calling their kids school because many of the schools in the area were on lockdown, not just Newtown. Locking down other schools is over doing it if you ask me.

Kathianne
12-15-2012, 10:41 AM
It seems the school had all the protection it could, short of armed guards. He wasn't allowed into the school, he shot his way in.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/12/15/newtown-conn-remains-in-shock-horror-after-elementary-school-massacre/

Newtown, Conn., Remains In Shock, Horror After Elementary School Massacre December 15, 2012 10:25 AM...

Dawn Hochsprung, the principal of Sandy Hook, was among the victims. She was killed when she heard the gunfire and ran toward it.

CBS News learned the identities of three students who were killed. They included Anna Marcus Greene – the daughter of a well-known saxophone player; Emily Parker, who moved to Connecticut with her family just a year ago; and Chase Kowalski, who is survived by his parents Rebecca and Steve.

Also among the dead were school psychologist Mary Sherlock, 56, who planned to retire next year, and Vicki Soot, a 27-year-old first-grade teacher.

All victims have been positively identified, but the other identities have not been released, Vance said.

Meanwhile, state police told Aiello they were looking at the strong likelihood that the gunman gained entrance to the school by shooting out a window right next to the front door.

Vance would only say Saturday morning that Lanza was not voluntarily let into the school, and forced his way in.

mundame
12-15-2012, 01:08 PM
I expect he simply walked in; the school was normally open till 9:30 AM and the shooting started shortly after that at 9:40.

Half the reports are saying he had a "personality disorder," which I think is totally meaningless, and the other half are saying he was autistic ---- which will lead to yells aplenty from the autism groups. The description a high-school friend gave does sound autistic --- very bright, "genius," Goth, always wearing black (except when he wore clothes a little too formal for modern schools), way too thin (the friend mentioned thinness twice, not a good sign: anorexia?) good with math and computers, was in the computer club. He sounds as though he was very reserved, dressed oddly, bright and mathy. No job, lived with his mother, and note: he was NOT in college. If he was bright, given the local income level and his mother's striving that was reported, that means he couldn't do college, too impaired.

A roommate of the NJ brother said Ryan described him as mentally disabled. Usually this is schizophrenia, but it does sound like high-functioning autism a little. I guess they'll eventually come up with a diagnosis; I don't know that it matters.

There will be more of these soon: copycats, and Christmas is so.....trying, emotionally. The rate of mass killings has really been speeding up in the past few years. I expect more, plural, between now and Christmas: malls, schools, family gatherings.

Kathianne
12-15-2012, 01:20 PM
I expect he simply walked in; the school was normally open till 9:30 AM and the shooting started shortly after that at 9:40.

Half the reports are saying he had a "personality disorder," which I think is totally meaningless, and the other half are saying he was autistic ---- which will lead to yells aplenty from the autism groups. The description a high-school friend gave does sound autistic --- very bright, "genius," Goth, always wearing black (except when he wore clothes a little too formal for modern schools), way too thin (the friend mentioned thinness twice, not a good sign: anorexia?) good with math and computers, was in the computer club. He sounds as though he was very reserved, dressed oddly, bright and mathy. No job, lived with his mother, and note: he was NOT in college. If he was bright, given the local income level and his mother's striving that was reported, that means he couldn't do college, too impaired.

A roommate of the NJ brother said Ryan described him as mentally disabled. Usually this is schizophrenia, but it does sound like high-functioning autism a little. I guess they'll eventually come up with a diagnosis; I don't know that it matters.

There will be more of these soon: copycats, and Christmas is so.....trying, emotionally. The rate of mass killings has really been speeding up in the past few years. I expect more, plural, between now and Christmas: malls, schools, family gatherings.

Do you read any posts of others or visit the links provided? You say that these acts are common now and throughout history. Awhile later you say that something else will come along. You've equated these types of acts with war tactics throughout history, later to turn to diagnosis, then dismiss that.

I'm not sure where you are going, the only thing possibly you are making predictions?

aboutime
12-15-2012, 01:26 PM
Do you read any posts of others or visit the links provided? You say that these acts are common now and throughout history. Awhile later you say that something else will come along. You've equated these types of acts with war tactics throughout history, later to turn to diagnosis, then dismiss that.

I'm not sure where you are going, the only thing possibly you are making predictions?

Kathianne. We must all remember. Mundame uses this kind of thing to make predictions...4140

Kathianne
12-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Kathianne. We must all remember. Mundame uses this kind of thing to make predictions...4140

LOL! I wasn't trying to be nasty, just cannot figure out the point he's trying to make. Brings up war, says it's not a war. Brings up mental illness, then dismisses that. Says it all doesn't matter, just the latest craze, though earlier said it was common throughout history, in war. It's not war.

It is all confusing.

The underlying premise though is none of it matters, there's nothing to be done. It will keep happening, faster. Then it will stop.

aboutime
12-15-2012, 01:32 PM
LOL! I wasn't trying to be nasty, just cannot figure out the point he's trying to make. Brings up war, says it's not a war. Brings up mental illness, then dismisses that. Says it all doesn't matter, just the latest craze, though earlier said it was common throughout history, in war. It's not war.

It is all confusing.

The underlying premise though is none of it matters, there's nothing to be done. It will keep happening, faster. Then it will stop.

Kathianne. I know you weren't, and neither was I. But there is a pattern we have seen from Mundame. And this is just the latest.

mundame
12-15-2012, 01:41 PM
For three days, all the news is wrong: that's the rule. He shot his way in, no, he walked in. His mother was a teacher there. No, she wasn't. He had two guns with him. He had three guns with him. He had access to six guns. It was a man named Ryan; no, that was the brother. He was autistic. No, he had a personality disorder. There are three injured. Whoops, no.....

They'll sort it all out eventually, but in the meantime, the news sites put up nonsense to keep us clicking. I think he simply walked in, given the timeline. Maybe so, maybe no.

Would a metal detector have kept him out? Why? If he came in prepared to shoot everyone, I don't see why metal detectors would have stopped him. Some people are saying there should be metal detectors in every school; pretty soon we'll have TSA gropers in all the schools, I suppose. Very little can stop a determined mass killer: we see that constantly and more and more now.

Yes, I think war now and forever has involved perfectly normal men who are soldiers killing out EVERYONE in an area, including babies and pregnant women and quite often, donkeys and goats. Whether they do it with short swords or revolvers or M-14s or Predator drones, killing out the whole population of an area is a constant, forever. It IS how we got America from the Indians, after all, and personally, I'm up with that --- I'm not planning on giving my part back.

Normal soldiers do mass killings normally. And this must be evolved in our brains, like everything else humans have done forever: language, marriage, etc. However, obviously it is disadvantageous for young men to kill out everyone they can in their community! We call the people who let themselves get enraged and in a fantasy high or drunk or whatever and go kill a lot of people crazy or criminals. I think these are usually crazy, something wrong in their heads that make them go off easier than the others who keep the love of killing violence at a fantasy or video game level. Or posting.....

The best thing that is happening is that kids themselves are developing a child culture of reporting dangerous behaviors and ideas their friends have to adults --- they didn't use to do this. They realize now that they are in danger from the crazies.

Kathianne
12-15-2012, 01:44 PM
For three days, all the news is wrong: that's the rule. He shot his way in, no, he walked in. His mother was a teacher there. No, she wasn't. He had two guns with him. He had three guns with him. He had access to six guns. It was a man named Ryan; no, that was the brother. He was autistic. No, he had a personality disorder. There are three injured. Whoops, no.....

They'll sort it all out eventually, but in the meantime, the news sites put up nonsense to keep us clicking. I think he simply walked in, given the timeline. Maybe so, maybe no.

Would a metal detector have kept him out? Why? If he came in prepared to shoot everyone, I don't see why metal detectors would have stopped him. Some people are saying there should be metal detectors in every school; pretty soon we'll have TSA gropers in all the schools, I suppose. Very little can stop a determined mass killer: we see that constantly and more and more now.

Yes, I think war now and forever has involved perfectly normal men who are soldiers killing out EVERYONE in an area, including babies and pregnant women and quite often, donkeys and goats. Whether they do it with short swords or revolvers or M-14s or Predator drones, killing out the whole population of an area is a constant, forever. It IS how we got America from the Indians, after all, and personally, I'm up with that --- I'm not planning on giving my part back.

Normal soldiers do mass killings normally. And this must be evolved in our brains, like everything else humans have done forever: language, marriage, etc. However, obviously it is disadvantageous for young men to kill out everyone they can in their community! We call the people who let themselves get enraged and in a fantasy high or drunk or whatever and go kill a lot of people crazy or criminals. I think these are usually crazy, something wrong in their heads that make them go off easier than the others who keep the love of killing violence at a fantasy or video game level. Or posting.....

The best thing that is happening is that kids themselves are developing a child culture of reporting dangerous behaviors and ideas their friends have to adults --- they didn't use to do this. They realize now that they are in danger from the crazies.

Three days? It happened yesterday morning, about 27 hours ago. Everything after your underlined words, becomes suspect by that faulty premise.

mundame
12-15-2012, 01:50 PM

Good. That's it. Time passes, things change.

Mass killings in the community are an aberration from soldier violence done by crazies and criminals, and it can't be stopped, at least I can't think of any way to stop it. But it will certainly change by itself, burn itself out, because there are fashions in psychosis and crime.

In the Congo they have been cutting off people's hands and raping women with big knives for some 20 years now. The first was a fashion a hundred years ago for who knows how long (we know because of the Belgians; they did feet, too, then, there are photos), but it stopped for a long time, and now it's very common again. And eventually it will stop again.

Iraqis started a fashion for beheading murders that spread to Mexico where it has been used on hundreds and hundreds of men in the drug wars there. Didn't used to happen; and eventually the fashion will die out and another crime will take its place.

Used to be a lot of alcohol-running violence and big shooting gang wars in this country in the 20s and 30s; now that has stopped and there are school and mall shootings. Time passes, things change.

But sure, I'm predicting more in the short run! It's a hockey-stick curve --- you all have noticed that, right? Ever more, ever more frequently. Copycat crazies.

aboutime
12-15-2012, 01:50 PM
Kathianne. mundame is obviously using this...4141

Kathianne
12-15-2012, 01:51 PM
Three days? It happened yesterday morning, about 27 hours ago. Everything after your underlined words, becomes suspect by that faulty premise.

bump

aboutime
12-15-2012, 01:54 PM
bump

Kathianne. I suppose mundame is convinced. All of us will just accept, and follow everything he says, and take it as GOSPEL, never questioning anything else unless we all agree to Consult with....mundame.

mundame
12-15-2012, 01:55 PM

There's no faulty premise. We're still in the three-day window: nearly everything they put up is crap. Because they don't really know yet: they just want us to tune in and click on. News is not about informing the public, it's about making money.

I think the public has to wait three days at least before they get ANY sensible news that reports real events. Look at the Zimmerman thing: that took even longer, they were putting up cute kid photos of that black guy for DAYS to get people all het up and clicking on. And it was all a pile of lies.

Kathianne
12-15-2012, 01:57 PM
There's no faulty premise. We're still in the three-day window: nearly everything they put up is crap. Because they don't really know yet: they just want us to tune in and click on. News is not about informing the public, it's about making money.

I think the public has to wait three days at least before they get ANY sensible news that reports real events. Look at the Zimmerman thing: that took even longer, they were putting up cute kid photos of that black guy for DAYS to get people all het up and clicking on. And it was all a pile of lies.

Okay, walking away from this, slowly. . .

aboutime
12-15-2012, 01:57 PM

Kathianne. See? I was right. The WIZARD has spoken. Looking forward to the final report ON THE THIRD DAY.

mundame
12-15-2012, 02:28 PM
Maybe on the third day we'll get an answer to a huge mystery about this event --------

Have you noticed they are NOT talking about any of the unknown adults who were killed by the shooter?

Well, why not? I have seen NO mention of ANY of them except the principal and the school psychologist, who were described as rushing out of the room and dying immediately (and somewhat confusingly and probably inaccurately as usual the principal was also supposed to have hit the intercom in the office at the same time she was being gunned down in the hall).

If my count is right, there are six adults dead besides the shooter and his mother.

Two are the principal and the psychologist. So ----------- who are the others?

Teachers (all women?)? Janitor? He was there, one report said. Parent? Security? Who are these four adults?

And why is no one mentioning them, or am I just not seeing the right articles?

mundame
12-15-2012, 02:40 PM
Focusing on the gun instead of the person who committed these atrocities is foolishness. As has been stated, someone with murderous intent will find a way. The question that really matters is how do we fix the human soul?

I will wait to hear more about this family before I can begin to speculate why this young man went off. I will say this generally, though: fractured families, plus murder for entertainment, plus a lack of belief in God, are a potent mix for despair and violence.

I really like this post.

His mother and father were recently divorced about three years ago, and his brother had moved to New Jersey. Ryan said he hadn't had contact with him since 2010, I read! So it's a pretty broken-up family: he could have been destabilized by that, though 20 is a pretty common time for schizophrenia to hit, of course.

Also, we know he did video games because a friend in the high school computer club with him said they often had video game parties where they played against each other on a local network in people's homes, including Adam's once.

I don't know what games, but all those video games are shooter games, I think ------ I am playing Dante's Inferno and recently played Fable III on the Xbox 360 and even these woman-y games are just shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot. These have something else also, but some of them don't: I bought one I thought was about time travel, but it was just heavily armored space soldiers shooting continually; I gave it away.

Really, it makes me think. How can all that fantasy practice killing people (and monsters) NOT have an effect? Especially on young people whose minds are forming.

aboutime
12-15-2012, 02:41 PM
Maybe on the third day we'll get an answer to a huge mystery about this event --------

Have you noticed they are NOT talking about any of the unknown adults who were killed by the shooter?

Well, why not? I have seen NO mention of ANY of them except the principal and the school psychologist, who were described as rushing out of the room and dying immediately (and somewhat confusingly and probably inaccurately as usual the principal was also supposed to have hit the intercom in the office at the same time she was being gunned down in the hall).

If my count is right, there are six adults dead besides the shooter and his mother.

Teachers (all women?)? Janitor? He was there, one report said. Parent? Security? Who are these four adults?

mudame. Other than for your SICK, personal reasons which nobody seems to understand, or like. Why is such talk so important to you?
Do you have any personal connections to what took place yesterday?
And why are you so insistent, and seemingly demonstrating a sickness, or fetish when so many Americans are feeling the pain, and sorrow of what took place. LEAVING YOU...out in the wilderness....Seemingly Pleasuring yourself with your Disgusting talk.

Kathianne
12-15-2012, 02:49 PM

I do believe you've used the phrase, 'the fog of war' many times. Well there's more than a tad of that fog in early reports. While the police in CT aren't perhaps paying enough attention to your demands, more information is coming out:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/15/15926718-newtown-gunman-tried-to-buy-rifle-days-before-shooting?lite

The officials said he had four handguns on him as he stormed the 600-student school and shot his victims – clustered in two classrooms – at close range. There was a rifle found in the car he drove to Sandy Hook.

Previously, officials had said Lanza was armed with two pistols as he rampaged through the suburban school and that the weapons were legally purchased and registered to his mother, Nancy.

At a Saturday briefing, Connecticut State Police Lt. Paul Vance said officials were tracing every weapon connected to the shooter.

The motive for the mass killing was unknown, but officials told NBC's Pete Williams that they were investigating whether Lanza is the person who had an "altercation" with four staff members at the school on Thursday.

Three of the four were killed Friday in one of the worst school shootings in U.S. history. The fourth staff member was not at school that day and is being interviewed by federal and state investigators, Williams said.

Authorities have finished the heart-wrenching task of identifying the dead and said they would soon release the names...

Abbey Marie
12-15-2012, 02:52 PM
mudame. Other than for your SICK, personal reasons which nobody seems to understand, or like. Why is such talk so important to you?
Do you have any personal connections to what took place yesterday?
And why are you so insistent, and seemingly demonstrating a sickness, or fetish when so many Americans are feeling the pain, and sorrow of what took place. LEAVING YOU...out in the wilderness....Seemingly Pleasuring yourself with your Disgusting talk.

Honestly, I don't get this reaction, AT. You can of course disagree with Mundame's opinions, but I don't see anything sick about it. Or disgusting. Or fetishist. How are her posts all that different from anyone else's? I'm not trying to criticize you- I truly don't see it.

Kathianne
12-15-2012, 03:10 PM
Hmmm,

Lots of issues here:

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/adam-lanzas-mom-pulled-school-relative/story?id=17985433

Adam Lanza's Mom Pulled Him Out of School: Relative The aunt of Connecticut shooter Adam Lanza said the shooter's mother pulled him out of Newtown's public school system because she was unhappy with the school district's plans for her son.

Adam Lanza's mother Nancy, 52, was the first victim of his Friday shooting spree. Lanza shot Nancy in the face and then drove her car to Sandy Hook Elementary School, where he killed 20 students and six adults before taking his own life.

Marsha Lanza, who is Adam's aunt and Nancy's ex-sister-in-law, told Evelyn Thomas of ABC-owned-and-operated station WLS in Chicago that Nancy had once been a classroom aide at the Sandy Hook school.

Marsha, who lives in the Chicago suburb of Crystal Lake, said that Nancy had home-schooled Adam after pulling him out of the Newtown public school system. She did not know when Adam had left school. According to former classmates, Adam had attended the local high school at least through part of 10th grade.

<!-- bg --> (javascript:void(0);)
<!-- empty -->

Nancy Lanza divorced her husband Peter in 2009, when Adam was 17.

aboutime
12-15-2012, 03:22 PM
Honestly, I don't get this reaction, AT. You can of course disgaree with Mundame's opinions, but I don't see anything sick about it. Or disgusting. Or fetishist. How are her posts all that different from anyone else's? I'm not trying to criticize you- I truly don't see it.

Abbey. Can't really explain it, other than how angry I have been since hearing about what took place, and feeling the pain when I heard about so many children being the victims. Making me, and my wife...instantly think about our grandchildren...who also attend schools like that in CT.
But the worst part, for me and with mundame is. This constant need for him, her, or whoever to predict, or announce the story that has been repeated so many times in the 24 plus hours. There is just...NO NEED for anyone to try and diagnose, or predict what the outcome, or results were, or MIGHT have been...based on the information presented so far by THOSE WHO KNOW, because they are THERE to see, and feel the slaughter...in person.
I just can't imagine the anguish those police, fire, emt, teachers, parents, and other children must be feeling right now.
Consequently. I SEE NO NEED for ANYONE...namely mundame to constantly REHASH, or SURMISE what he/she thinks took place again, and again.
True. I do have the option NOT to read what is being said.
But I also believe. Most of us are Adult enough, and long enough to have some genuine feelings, courtesy, and descent minds enough to know. SOME THINGS just never need to be said.

mundame
12-15-2012, 03:35 PM
The officials said he had four handguns on him as he stormed the 600-student school and shot his victims – clustered in two classrooms – at close range. There was a rifle found in the car he drove to Sandy Hook.

Previously, officials had said Lanza was armed with two pistols as he rampaged through the suburban school and that the weapons were legally purchased and registered to his mother, Nancy.

Yeah --- first two guns were reported, then plus one in the car, then three, and now four guns on him -- I hadn't heard that one yet. Talk about Fog of War! Soon we'll find out the guns were registered to his father, I suppose, not his mother. Six guns registered to his mother??? Darn....something inherently improbable about that. I might have a little something under my bed, but six guns of my very own?? No. Seems a little odd for a woman. There may be something more to that story.

At a Saturday briefing, Connecticut State Police Lt. Paul Vance said officials were tracing every weapon connected to the shooter.

The motive for the mass killing was unknown, but officials told NBC's Pete Williams that they were investigating whether Lanza is the person who had an "altercation" with four staff members at the school on Thursday.

Three of the four were killed Friday in one of the worst school shootings in U.S. history. The fourth staff member was not at school that day and is being interviewed by federal and state investigators, Williams said.

HOLY MOLY! That really is quite interesting! Thanx for the update.

Okay, this points me to a new personal rule that I see is important about news events. Besides the for three-days-it's-mostly-crap rule. Watch for what they are NOT talking about! Yesterday I was watching all this and they reported over and over that three persons had been taken to a local hospital, and they were VERY cagey about their injuries. Well, they were all dead, IIRC. But they didn't tell that for hours. And then I noticed they weren't talking, weren't talking at all, about whether any others were injured or dead, though it's what everyone wanted to know. Finally the news begins to dribble out, and then more and more until it's the really bad toll we know. I realized I had been suspicious about their strange silence. If it had been good news, they'd have come out with it.

And today I realized this lack of any info about the four other dead adults was very, very suspicious, and if your news site is correct, wow, that could be quite a story.

I'm making this up, but what if Adam tried to get in for some innocent reason and fell afoul of their new security and they all quarreled and he brooded on it all night and went back and "showed them"? Pure speculation, but that would be a sad unintended consequence of their new security system, if so.

logroller
12-15-2012, 04:02 PM
No. I think nearly everyone would agree that until Laurie Dann, this crime was unthinkable. Copycats.

For once though, I do understand the dilemma of the media; when there's an earthquake or superstorm, they must cover it. It's the definition of news.
Hence the editorial adage, if it bleeds, it leads.

pete311
12-15-2012, 07:32 PM

Guess what. Those kids in china all survived
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/12/22-kids-slashed-in-china-elementary-school-knife-attack/

Article also says china has high gun control and most result to knife attacks and most have a high survival rate

Missileman
12-15-2012, 07:45 PM
Guess what. Those kids in china all survived
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/12/22-kids-slashed-in-china-elementary-school-knife-attack/

Article also says china has high gun control and most result to knife attacks and most have a high survival rate

Gabby Gifford survived a gun attack...it doesn't alter the fact that people are killed with things other than guns and no gun law can stop people from killing people. How many guns were used to kill a couple thousand people on 9/11/01?

Robert A Whit
12-15-2012, 07:49 PM

You claim you put in free time counseling children. Then you pull this shit here?

I hardly understand how to deal with your anger management problems given I am no counselor.

Think about your claims before posting shit like this.

pete311
12-15-2012, 08:08 PM
Gabby Gifford survived a gun attack...it doesn't alter the fact that people are killed with things other than guns and no gun law can stop people from killing people. How many guns were used to kill a couple thousand people on 9/11/01?

no but there are rational means to minimize the damage

logroller
12-15-2012, 08:19 PM
no but there are rational means to minimize the damage
if someone pointed a gun at you, do you think you could rationalize with the assailant by reminding them guns are illegal? Or do you think meeting force with force would better minimize the damage?
People are going to commit these acts again, and most likely on the softest targets-- harden the target! Damage minimized. Teach people to thrive under their own control, not merely to survive contently amid a false sense of public security.

pete311
12-15-2012, 08:24 PM
if someone pointed a gun at you, do you think you could rationalize with the assailant by reminding them guns are illegal? Or do you think meeting force with force would better minimize the damage?
People are going to commit these acts again, and most likely on the softest targets-- harden the target! Damage minimized. Teach people to thrive under their own control, not merely to survive contently amid a false sense of public security.

china has strict gun laws and most of their attacks are by knife. you are ignoring these statistical facts. some nutball won't be going to some drug lord in the ghetto looking for a gun

logroller
12-15-2012, 09:13 PM
china has strict gun laws and most of their attacks are by knife. you are ignoring these statistical facts. some nutball won't be going to some drug lord in the ghetto looking for a gun
Im ignoring statistics? i manipulate data for a living-- statistics are what i consider every damn day. In the process of that, I have grown to understand which statistics matter and which arent related. Gun vs knife assaults in china; thats what youre relying upon to make a point about US domestic security wih regards to gun possession. Ok. if guns and knives are all we have to worry about-- ban them both. Then again, have ever heard of tianamen square, the holocaust, stalin's goulag? China has such a dismal track record for human rights; didn't Nazi germany ban guns? Stalin too. I'm sure they had less crime too; so long as you only count those which were committed by individuals against other individuals and not those committed by government. That, along with self-defense, is why we have the second amendment. If you like china so much, move there. But I suspect you don't believe their system of laws is all that similar to ours, nor their society better off-- and I don't believe we can toss the bath water without the baby-- so ill echo mark twain, lies, damned lies and statistics.

aboutime
12-15-2012, 09:29 PM

pete. How bout quoting some statistics about, and from criminals, and even plain people who decide they want to kill somebody with either a gun, knife, machete, razor blade, box cutter, saw, chain saw, or even a common Pencil?

It doesn't matter any more about China's strict gun laws than the thousands of strict gun laws we have here in the USA.

As we saw in CT yesterday. IT DOESN'T MATTER what weapon is used as long as the perpetrator has designs on Killing, Maiming, or Hurting someone, or something.

So far. From Columbine to CT. NOBODY, AND NO AMOUNT OF LAWS HAS PREVENTED THE KILLINGS FROM HAPPENING.

Figure those STATISTICS out, and get back to us when you do.

cadet
12-15-2012, 11:45 PM

jafar00
12-16-2012, 02:35 AM

A society that even requires such a debate is morbidly broken.

mundame
12-16-2012, 09:20 AM

I think it's important to consider WHY crazies are going after small children, women in shopping malls, easy and plentiful targets like that.

It has to be because they want to make the body count as high as possible, right? I don't see any other reason: if any of you do, I wish you'd post it.

So crazy shooters wanting a high body count, almost every one of them commits suicide when they hear the sirens coming, right?

I'm thinking it's about suicide, at least partly. Suicide is a deeply hostile act: it's meant to hurt the people left behind. I knew a guy long ago who killed himself in the garage and left his body for a kid to find. It's very hostile -- letting a near relative find you hanging from the ceiling, you know?

These crazies have already decided to suicide. But they want fame and to hurt the world and people they hate much, much more than a plain suicide would hurt them ----- so they try for a high body count and then they kill themselves. That gunner in Clackamus Mall a few days ago would have killed a LOT more than he did, but his weapon jammed.

Nukeman
12-16-2012, 09:20 AM
A society that even requires such a debate is morbidly broken.Yes because we all know how "tolerant" and safe all those Islamic countries are right?????? NOTHING ever happens there.. Ohh wait a 15 girls die due to the "moral police" not wanting them to escape a fire because they don't have their scarves on so they LOCKED the doors.. Yaa nothing to see there folks just good old happy Muslims enjoying life and letting everyone live and let live...

That would be sarcasm folks!!!

As for being morbidly broken how does it feel to look in the mirror???????????

On March 11, 2002, a fire at a girls' school in Mecca (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mecca), Saudi Arabia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Arabia) killed fifteen people, all young girls. The event was especially notable due to complaints that Saudi Arabia's "religious police" (aka theCommittee for the Propagation of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Committee_for_the_Propagation_of_Virtue_and_the_Pr evention_of_Vice_(Saudi_Arabia))) stopped schoolgirls from leaving the burning building and hindered rescue workers because the girls were not wearing correct Islamic dress.[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Mecca_girls'_school_fire#cite_note-1) As Hanny Megally, Executive Director of the Middle East and North Africa division of Human Rights Watch put it, "Women and girls may have died unnecessarily because of extreme interpretations of the Islamic dress code. State authorities with direct and indirect responsibility for this tragedy must be held accountable."[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Mecca_girls'_school_fire#cite_note-hrw-2)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Mecca_girls'_school_fire

aboutime
12-16-2012, 02:56 PM
UNLIKE the jafar demanded society that is Morbidly broken by the demands of killing anyone who doesn't agree with them?????

red states rule
12-21-2012, 03:33 AM

As I was walking by one of the TV's at work and saw the horrible events taking place, I thought to myself how Gabby must be running to the computer to post a thread on more gun laws. Like all libs, people like you Gabby cannot wait to exploit the murder of people - even children- to advance your political agenda

At the time you posted this the bodies of the children had not even been removed form the school yet, we did not know anything about what and how this happened - yet as usual - you offer up more government regulations and actually believe passing more laws will stop CRIMINALS from breaking the law

Tell me Gabby (and I know this is a waste of time since you have probably bailed out from this thread) but what law that if passed - would have stopped this evil bastard from killing all of these people.

Libs are ranting on banning assault weapons and large ammo clips, Yea, banning beer worked great during Prohibition Gabby. I know Al Capone LOVED FDR for signing that law into effect

What will happen is Obama, Dems, and the liberal media will probably get their way and pass something. It will only make law abiding citizens more vulnerable to criminals, it will not stop the killings - but libs will feel really good about themselves. Pretty much like what happened with their "Gun Free Zone" idea

Gabby, I mean every word I am about to post. IF you are ever in a public place, and shoots ring out, and as you cower in terror - I hope there is someone with a legal concealed carry permit and takes the SOB out. That way you can see for yourself the lives that can be saved. Now if only the Principal at Sandy Hook was trained and armed perhaps many of the kids murdered would be home with their parents to enjoy Christmas

But I doubt if you would learn anything Gabby. You are so devoted to your warped liberal thought process that all you care about is your ideology and dancing on the graves of those children to actually think about the non results more gun laws would generate

Drummond
12-21-2012, 02:17 PM
As I was walking by one of the TV's at work and saw the horrible events taking place, I thought to myself how Gabby must be running to the computer to post a thread on more gun laws. Like all libs, people like you Gabby cannot wait to exploit the murder of people - even children- to advance your political agenda

At the time you posted this the bodies of the children had not even been removed form the school yet, we did not know anything about what and how this happened - yet as usual - you offer up more government regulations and actually believe passing more laws will stop CRIMINALS from breaking the law

Tell me Gabby (and I know this is a waste of time since you have probably bailed out from this thread) but what law that if passed - would have stopped this evil bastard from killing all of these people.

Libs are ranting on banning assault weapons and large ammo clips, Yea, banning beer worked great during Prohibition Gabby. I know Al Capone LOVED FDR for signing that law into effect

What will happen is Obama, Dems, and the liberal media will probably get their way and pass something. It will only make law abiding citizens more vulnerable to criminals, it will not stop the killings - but libs will feel really good about themselves. Pretty much like what happened with their "Gun Free Zone" idea

Gabby, I mean every word I am about to post. IF you are ever in a public place, and shoots ring out, and as you cower in terror - I hope there is someone with a legal concealed carry permit and takes the SOB out. That way you can see for yourself the lives that can be saved. Now if only the Principal at Sandy Hook was trained and armed perhaps many of the kids murdered would be home with their parents to enjoy Christmas

But I doubt if you would learn anything Gabby. You are so devoted to your warped liberal thought process that all you care about is your ideology and dancing on the graves of those children to actually think about the non results more gun laws would generate:clap::clap::clap:

Drummond
12-21-2012, 02:19 PM

Such judgmentality from a terrorist supporter. Amazing ...

Besides, please, tell us of the 'democratic discussion' one can be treated to at Hamas HQ ...

aboutime
12-21-2012, 02:25 PM
Such judgmentality from a terrorist supporter. Amazing ...

Besides, please, tell us of the 'democratic discussion' one can be treated to at Hamas HQ ...

Drummond. Everyone has taken notice with that slimy post. The master of Morbid thinking has spoken. It's a defensive mechanism used to re-direct attention from the hatred that drives them.

Robert A Whit
12-21-2012, 02:38 PM
But some are senile!

Can you tell me the story where a senile shot up a school?

Robert A Whit
12-21-2012, 02:53 PM

While I can respect your opinion, that is going way too far to say that.

A society is made up of far more than guns or criminals.

Criminals are against the law and killing is against the law. Thus far laws have not provided safety.

Drummond
12-21-2012, 03:00 PM
Drummond. Everyone has taken notice with that slimy post. The master of Morbid thinking has spoken. It's a defensive mechanism used to re-direct attention from the hatred that drives them.

Couldn't agree more !

:clap::clap::clap:

Robert A Whit
12-21-2012, 03:03 PM
I think it's important to consider WHY crazies are going after small children, women in shopping malls, easy and plentiful targets like that.

It has to be because they want to make the body count as high as possible, right? I don't see any other reason: if any of you do, I wish you'd post it.

So crazy shooters wanting a high body count, almost every one of them commits suicide when they hear the sirens coming, right?

I'm thinking it's about suicide, at least partly. Suicide is a deeply hostile act: it's meant to hurt the people left behind. I knew a guy long ago who killed himself in the garage and left his body for a kid to find. It's very hostile -- letting a near relative find you hanging from the ceiling, you know?

These crazies have already decided to suicide. But they want fame and to hurt the world and people they hate much, much more than a plain suicide would hurt them ----- so they try for a high body count and then they kill themselves. That gunner in Clackamus Mall a few days ago would have killed a LOT more than he did, but his weapon jammed.

A friend of mine used his sofa and a rope to kill himself. How do you think he did that?

Robert A Whit
12-21-2012, 03:09 PM

But I doubt if you would learn anything Gabby. You are so devoted to your warped liberal thought process that all you care about is your ideology and dancing on the graves of those children to actually think about the non results more gun laws would generate

:lol::clap::clap::clap::salute:

aboutime
12-21-2012, 03:09 PM
A friend of mine used his sofa and a rope to kill himself. How do you think he did that?

Robert. And I use that name carefully. ARE YOU NUTS?

What kind of inconsiderate, absolute foolish mind would talk about that here?

Since it appears. You must always be the center of attention, anywhere you happen to post.

I suggest you leave wherever you are, go outside. Find a huge Field, and stand in the approximate CENTER of that field until SOMEBODY NOTICES YOU.

That will solve your ATTENTION problems.

Robert A Whit
12-21-2012, 03:12 PM
Robert. And I use that name carefully. ARE YOU NUTS?

What kind of inconsiderate, absolute foolish mind would talk about that here?

Since it appears. You must always be the center of attention, anywhere you happen to post.

I suggest you leave wherever you are, go outside. Find a huge Field, and stand in the approximate CENTER of that field until SOMEBODY NOTICES YOU.

That will solve your ATTENTION problems.

I am happy to inform you that NEVER at any time would you make a decent psycologist nor a psychiatrist. Your deranged post proves that to me.

You are angry is all. Anger management must be available in your local area.

aboutime
12-21-2012, 03:22 PM
I am happy to inform you that NEVER at any time would you make a decent psycologist nor a psychiatrist. Your deranged post proves that to me.

You are angry is all. Anger management must be available in your local area.

Thank you for informing me with your awe-inspiring dribble. I too am happy I live nowhere near you to see you standing alone, out in that field...waiting for someone to rescue you, and tell you. NOBODY CARES.

Robert A Whit
12-21-2012, 03:26 PM
Thank you for informing me with your awe-inspiring dribble. I too am happy I live nowhere near you to see you standing alone, out in that field...waiting for someone to rescue you, and tell you. NOBODY CARES.

Sir, I see you plan to create one more of your patented well known brawls.

Sir, I won't play that game. I can't tell you if my view is widely shared or not, yours Sir is not.

Why you dog me with insults is your problem. Your cross to bear. Rather than try to have me for your ally, you attack. That sir is anger. And of course you won't admit it.

aboutime
12-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Sir, I see you plan to create one more of your patented well known brawls.

Sir, I won't play that game. I can't tell you if my view is widely shared or not, yours Sir is not.

Why you dog me with insults is your problem. Your cross to bear. Rather than try to have me for your ally, you attack. That sir is anger. And of course you won't admit it.

Now...who's playing Psychiatrist????

Robert A Whit
12-21-2012, 03:34 PM
Now...who's playing Psychiatrist????

Heed this advice sir and break off your attacks. You keep crossing the lines of sound judgement.

You said it sir. I however must remind you.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. (http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/29375.html) "

aboutime
12-21-2012, 03:38 PM
Heed this advice sir and break off your attacks. You keep crossing the lines of sound judgement.

You said it sir. I however must remind you.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. (http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/29375.html) "

Robert. What on earth are you talking about?

Attacks? Really?

Heed my advice. You are here on an Internet Forum where members may use the 1st amendment.

You, as a member. Have the option to IGNORE my posts if they trouble you, or your Psychiatric talents are failing.

Robert A Whit
12-21-2012, 03:49 PM
Robert. What on earth are you talking about?

Attacks? Really?

Heed my advice. You are here on an Internet Forum where members may use the 1st amendment.

You, as a member. Have the option to IGNORE my posts if they trouble you, or your Psychiatric talents are failing.

Yes, you may persist in attacking me. Don't try to pretend that you don't attack. Be man enough to admit you attack.

I also may tell jerks to can the crap. Trying to pick a fight with me never has good results for the attacker.

You started this crap over a comment I made to another poster ... Mundame for a fact. Keep your long nose out of my affairs or you Sir will need to read your own advice one more time.

It is sound advice. Follow it.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. (http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/29375.html)

aboutime
12-21-2012, 03:53 PM
Yes, you may persist in attacking me. Don't try to pretend that you don't attack. Be man enough to admit you attack.

I also may tell jerks to can the crap. Trying to pick a fight with me never has good results for the attacker.

You started this crap over a comment I made to another poster ... Mundame for a fact. Keep your long nose out of my affairs or you Sir will need to read your own advice one more time.

It is sound advice. Follow it.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. (http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/29375.html)

http://youtu.be/C6cxNR9ML8k

jafar00
12-22-2012, 05:05 AM
Yes because we all know how "tolerant" and safe all those Islamic countries are right?????? NOTHING ever happens there.. Ohh wait a 15 girls die due to the "moral police" not wanting them to escape a fire because they don't have their scarves on so they LOCKED the doors.. Yaa nothing to see there folks just good old happy Muslims enjoying life and letting everyone live and let live...

That would be sarcasm folks!!!

As for being morbidly broken how does it feel to look in the mirror???????????

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Mecca_girls'_school_fire

Yes I agree with you. Those are also broken societies.

I live in Australia which has very strict gun laws and apart from the odd bikie gang shootout, we never have to live in fear of being shot at while out living our daily lives let alone not knowing if our children will come home alive from school.

While I can respect your opinion, that is going way too far to say that.

A society is made up of far more than guns or criminals.

Criminals are against the law and killing is against the law. Thus far laws have not provided safety.

Less guns for everyone means that there are less guns for criminals to get hold of. It's logical to assume that the latest massacre would have been much less serious had the guy been armed with just a knife instead of a gun. He might not have even gone through with it (though his mum would probably have been knifed in her sleep instead of shot).

Voted4Reagan
12-22-2012, 08:17 AM

I live in Australia which has very strict gun laws and apart from the odd bikie gang shootout, we never have to live in fear of being shot at while out living our daily lives let alone not knowing if our children will come home alive from school.

Less guns for everyone means that there are less guns for criminals to get hold of. It's logical to assume that the latest massacre would have been much less serious had the guy been armed with just a knife instead of a gun. He might not have even gone through with it (though his mum would probably have been knifed in her sleep instead of shot).

Call for Gun Control or Disarming by HAMAS (Remember...you support them) before you call for Gun control in the USA.

You are such a Hypocrite.... to both yourself and your faith

jafar00
12-22-2012, 01:51 PM
Call for Gun Control or Disarming by HAMAS (Remember...you support them) before you call for Gun control in the USA.

Correction, I only support their struggle against an oppressive occupier. When Israel stops attacking them and taking their lands, I will support disarmament.

You are such a Hypocrite.... to both yourself and your faith

How so? Because I want stricter gun laws in the US so I can stop hearing about little children being shot in the head?

Robert A Whit
12-22-2012, 04:10 PM

Your major problem is in understanding that the USA does not mimic Australia. Not in the constitutions, nor the laws, nor the population, nor governments.

Your goverment can get away with far more control over your life than can this government in the USA.

Some of us posting realize we are in danger of losing our freedom so please don't explain to me how to lose more freedom.

That gunman that killed those kids could easily have been stopped had our left wing democrats not prevented full protection for the kids.

They don't want the kids protected, they want to disarm this nation.

DragonStryk72
12-22-2012, 04:34 PM
Correction, I only support their struggle against an oppressive occupier. When Israel stops attacking them and taking their lands, I will support disarmament.

How so? Because I want stricter gun laws in the US so I can stop hearing about little children being shot in the head?

That won't stop the kids from getting shot. It will stop ordinary citizens from owning firearms that could stop people from shooting children in the head, but it won't stop child murderers.

Think about it: If you're up to committing the worst crimes imaginable, let alone to do so en masse, do you care about minor infractions anymore?

Robert A Whit
12-22-2012, 04:44 PM
Jarfar

Israel will no more abandon their native lands than you will abandon Australia to the aborigines. Bear in mind they were there first. Do you have plans to pack up and leave their lands?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-22-2012, 04:47 PM
Secure the location is the answer not attempting to disarm the nation. Obama pursues an anti-gun agenda instead of actually seeking a sincere and proper solution to the problem. He uses this tragedy to further a purely socialist agenda.-Tyr

Strict Gun Control Doesn't Work - European School Shootings Past 10 Years
1. Erfurt, Germany - April 2002 - 17 killed
2. Coburg, Germany - July 2003 - 1 killed
3. The Hague, Netherlands - Januaary 2004 - 1 killed
4. Rötz, Germany - March 2005 - 0 killed
5. Emsdetten, Germany - November 2006 - 1 killed
6. Tuusula, Finland - November 2007 - 9 killed
7. Kauhajoki, Finland - September 2008 - 11 killed
8. Winnenden, Germany - March 2009 - 16 killed
9. Athens, Greece - April 2009 - 1 killed
10. Harstad, Norway - April 2009 - 0
11. Pécs, Hungary - November 2009 - 1 killed
12. Toulouse, France - March 2012 - 4 killed

Nukeman
12-22-2012, 10:54 PM

I live in Australia which has very strict gun laws and apart from the odd bikie gang shootout, we never have to live in fear of being shot at while out living our daily lives let alone not knowing if our children will come home alive from school. ).

Well I live in the good old USA in Indiana to be exact. The county I live in has seen 2 murders in 20 years. Pretty good I would say neither of which were commited with the use of a firearm. So I don't worry about living in fear of being shot or my children being in danger at school. See this is what MOST of America is like not the bullshit that is portrayed on the news as being prevalent every where. EVERYONE I know has and uses guns throughout the year for hunting and sprt shooting we don't have issues with gun violence and we don't have issue of uneducated children finding a gun and NOT knowing what to do with it...

the cities in the US that have the highest percentage of gun crime are also the cities with the strictest gun control laws. Care to explain that one to me????

aboutime
12-23-2012, 04:34 PM
Well I live in the good old USA in Indiana to be exact. The county I live in has seen 2 murders in 20 years. Pretty good I would say neither of which were commited with the use of a firearm. So I don't worry about living in fear of being shot or my children being in danger at school. See this is what MOST of America is like not the bullshit that is portrayed on the news as being prevalent every where. EVERYONE I know has and uses guns throughout the year for hunting and sprt shooting we don't have issues with gun violence and we don't have issue of uneducated children finding a gun and NOT knowing what to do with it...

the cities in the US that have the highest percentage of gun crime are also the cities with the strictest gun control laws. Care to explain that one to me????

Nukeman. And, you left out one, very important aspect about those cities with the highest percentages of gun crime. And this can, and has been proven. Nearly all of those cities with the highest numbers are Democrat controlled, and in heavily Democrat states as well.

But. Democrats like Rahm, and Obama always tend to SKIRT around such stats about their own city.

Kathianne
12-23-2012, 05:35 PM
Nukeman. And, you left out one, very important aspect about those cities with the highest percentages of gun crime. And this can, and has been proven. Nearly all of those cities with the highest numbers are Democrat controlled, and in heavily Democrat states as well.

But. Democrats like Rahm, and Obama always tend to SKIRT around such stats about their own city.

Actually AT, he was pointing out that he lives outside those cities and their insane crime rates.

aboutime
12-23-2012, 08:15 PM
Actually AT, he was pointing out that he lives outside those cities and their insane crime rates.

Oh. My goodness. Guess I am incapable of reading that myself. Thanks Kathianne.

hjmick
12-24-2012, 10:15 PM

Where has all your concern been for the kids killed every month in Chicago? They average 41 a month, why have I not seen any of your outrage over that? Are those people somehow less important? What's wrong? Those victims not white enough for you? It takes the shooting of twenty white kids to get your attention, but the murder of Chicago's black youth means nothing to you? Spare us your faux rage, Gabs. If you had any integrity at all you would be spouting off about this topic every chance you got, not just when a bunch of white folks bear the brunt of the tragedy.

mundame
12-25-2012, 09:54 PM
I think the shooter who lured firefighters to the house he set ablaze in upper New York State killed himself after shooting four firemen, two dead. I am thinking this mass murder thing is the new fashion in suicides. They ALL commit suicide as soon as they hear the cops coming, so it seems to me suicide is the first thing on their minds, and the mass murders are a way to go out with a bigger splash.

It's a fashion, a meme, so I suppose it won't last forever; I hope not. There's a book out on exactly this kind of killing, The Copycat Effect: I want to read it.

aboutime
12-25-2012, 10:43 PM
Where has all your concern been for the kids killed every month in Chicago? They average 41 a month, why have I not seen any of your outrage over that? Are those people somehow less important? What's wrong? Those victims not white enough for you? It takes the shooting of twenty white kids to get your attention, but the murder of Chicago's black youth means nothing to you? Spare us your faux rage, Gabs. If you had any integrity at all you would be spouting off about this topic every chance you got, not just when a bunch of white folks bear the brunt of the tragedy.

hjmick. Ignore gabby. Day late, dollar short. Suffering from personal hatred, and perpetual stupidity.

Like a big, steel barrel full of ball bearings. Makes lots of noise, but makes no sense.

red states rule
01-03-2013, 03:19 AM

Hey Gabby, you have been on the board recently and still the only response to this post has been crickets chirping. I guess you have become bored once again with one of your own threads and are too "busy" with work and family to respond. It may be a new year but we still have the same old Gabby