PDA

View Full Version : Whoops! Some Democrat Senators Got Around To Reading Obamacare

Kathianne
12-16-2012, 06:08 PM
There's a few problems, Mr. Reid:

http://washingtonexaminer.com/democrats-urge-delay-for-job-killing-obamacare-tax/article/2515711

Democrats urge delay for ‘job-killing’ Obamacare tax December 11, 2012

Sixteen Democratic senators who voted for the Affordable Care Act are asking that one of its fundraising mechanisms, a 2.3 percent tax on medical devices scheduled to take effect January 1, be delayed. Echoing arguments made by Republicans against Obamacare, the Democratic senators say the levy will cost jobs — in a statement Monday, Sen. Al Franken called it a “job-killing tax” — and also impair American competitiveness in the medical device field.
The senators, who made the request in a letter (http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/MedDeviceLetter12102012.pdf) to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, are Franken, Richard Durbin, Charles Schumer, Patty Murray, John Kerry, Kirsten Gillibrand, Amy Klobuchar, Joseph Lieberman, Ben Nelson, Robert Casey, Debbie Stabenow, Barbara Mikulski, Kay Hagan, Herb Kohl, Jeanne Shaheen, and Richard Blumenthal. All voted for Obamacare.

Two other Democrats, senators-elect Joe Donnelly and Elizabeth Warren, also signed the letter. Donnelly voted for Obamacare as a member of the House. Warren was not in Congress at the time.

“The medical technology industry directly employs over 400,000 people in the United States and is responsible for a total of two million skilled manufacturing jobs,” the senators wrote in a December 4 letter to Reid. “We must do all we can to ensure that our country maintains its global leadership position in the medical technology industry and keeps good jobs here at home.”

Beyond that, the senators say, the medical device industry “has received little guidance about how to comply with the tax” — a reference to the apparently confused and halting nature of the Obama administration’s implementation of Obamacare.

Really, who could have seen this coming? LOL! :rolleyes: They should all be voted out!

aboutime
12-16-2012, 08:12 PM
Did any of those Democrat Senators get permission from Harry Reid....via Nancy (Vote on it to learn whats in it) Pelosi before reading the Bill?

Those Democrat Senators might end-up on Harry's Black-list, or Obama's Racist/Terrorist lists IF....They learn how DISHONEST the entire Obamacare Bill really is.

Kathianne
12-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Did any of those Democrat Senators get permission from Harry Reid....via Nancy (Vote on it to learn whats in it) Pelosi before reading the Bill?

Those Democrat Senators might end-up on Harry's Black-list, or Obama's Racist/Terrorist lists IF....They learn how DISHONEST the entire Obamacare Bill really is.

AT, did you read what I posted? They sent him a letter. Those dunderheads that voted without knowing what was in the damn bill are now asking to leave out this 'major source of funding.'

Why? It will cost jobs their states can't afford to lose. It will send jobs overseas. Idiots.

logroller
12-16-2012, 08:46 PM
I'm guessing the funding sources they're most concerned with are those for their campaigns. Dead on accurate kathianne-- vote 'em out!

aboutime
12-16-2012, 09:10 PM
AT, did you read what I posted? They sent him a letter. Those dunderheads that voted without knowing what was in the damn bill are now asking to leave out this 'major source of funding.'

Why? It will cost jobs their states can't afford to lose. It will send jobs overseas. Idiots.

Yes, Kathianne. I read what you posted. In fact. Most all of us have known this very same kind of thing would eventually happen, and has been happening as the Obama administration has been GRANTING WAIVERS on Obamacare since MANY of Obama's loudest supporters started Reading the Bill...just like Nancy told them to do.

Marcus Aurelius
12-17-2012, 07:55 AM

yup

Nukeman
12-17-2012, 08:19 AM
I was recently reading up on what constitutes a "medical device".. I think most of you will be surprised what all is included. If it attaches or goes into the body it is a device, If it has a chemical reaction to the body it doesn't. that about sums it up. So any needle, catheter, biopsy needle, pacemaker, knee/hip implant, screw, suture, and even TAPE are all now "devices to be taxed by the fed. Hell even inject-able material will be taxed with this, any radioactive material including imaging and therapy doses will be taxed since they have no "chemical" reaction with the body...

The tax is 2.5% to the manufacturer and ALSO 2.5% on the sale to the patient, so these "devices" will be taxed twice.. So in one little tidbit of Obamacare we will see essentially a 5% increase in ALL of health care. Way to keep the prices down. Now they will just come back and say "those greedy hospitals and doctors are causing this"

Think folks this is just ONE item and it has a 5% impact on cost....... "shakes head in exacerbation"

fj1200
12-17-2012, 08:33 AM
... in a statement Monday, Sen. Al Franken called it a “job-killing tax” — and also impair American competitiveness in the medical device field.
http://washingtonexaminer.com/democrats-urge-delay-for-job-killing-obamacare-tax/article/2515711

I'm a little conflicted here... Having my position being validated as being correct vs. having my position being validated as correct by a bunch of Dems. :eek: