PDA

View Full Version : Newtown shooter's mom was a gun nut

gabosaurus
12-16-2012, 10:58 PM
Raise your children with a paranoid, killer mentality and eventually they will become one.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/newtown-school-shooters-mother-collected-guns-was-loath-to-let-people-inside-home/2012/12/15/d89c2732-4706-11e2-8061-253bccfc7532_story.html?tid=pm_pop

“Guns were her hobby,” said Dan Holmes, the landscaper of Nancy Lanza’s sprawling yard here on the edge of town. “She told me she liked the single-mindedness of shooting.”

Holmes said she even spoke of taking her son to the firing range to practice his aim.

Missileman
12-16-2012, 11:01 PM
Raise your children with a paranoid, killer mentality and eventually they will become one.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/newtown-school-shooters-mother-collected-guns-was-loath-to-let-people-inside-home/2012/12/15/d89c2732-4706-11e2-8061-253bccfc7532_story.html?tid=pm_pop

What a fucking idiotic statement. Going to a range and shooting at paper targets does not instill a killer mentality. It does appear however that living in Cali instills no mentality whatsoever.

gabosaurus
12-16-2012, 11:04 PM
Read the story and you will know what I mean. Perhaps.

Missileman
12-16-2012, 11:12 PM
Read the story and you will know what I mean. Perhaps.

After further review, the call on the board is confirmed...an idiotic statement.

gabosaurus
12-16-2012, 11:16 PM
The shooter grew up in a home full of guns, where the parental figure was obsessed with collecting and using them. If you merely have guns around for protection, why would you have a Bushmaster?
The woman was sick. She raised her kid to be sick.

logroller
12-16-2012, 11:35 PM
The shooter grew up in a home full of guns, where the parental figure was obsessed with collecting and using them. If you merely have guns around for protection, why would you have a Bushmaster?
Protection from others with guns, hunting, target shooting,participation in citizen militias...lots of reasons that are not, as you would like to believe, murdering schoolchildren.
Sick huh? Did you know her gabs? Seems an awfully egregious thing to say based on little to no information. Or is everybody with a gun sick to you? We're our founding fathers sick? I'm sure they had military like weapons. Felt so confident about their necessity they included it in the constitution. Those sickos, defending themselves and their countrymen. :rolleyes:

Missileman
12-16-2012, 11:54 PM

She wasn't nearly as obsessed about guns as you are obsessed with making assinine arguments. Where is it written exactly that her only reason for owning guns had to be protection? I'm sure the olympic target shooters are "obsessed" with using their guns...does that make them sickos also?

DragonStryk72
12-17-2012, 12:48 AM

Wow, more prejudice from you, how shocking.... oh wait, that's not it at all.

How is she a gun nut? She just liked guns as a hobby, and included her child in it. Include anyone in your hobbies? How does that not make you a nut?

Now, you accidentally managed to shine light on something that actually might have been a partial cause, and that was clear paranoia on the part of the family. Of course, you can only see the guns and freak out about them, but then, I no longer expect better from you than that.

This next bit is an excerpt from the above article:

a family that feared outsiders in the home.Holmes said Nancy Lanza, who was divorced and had reportedly worked in finance, never invited him inside. She would pay him in the yard. The landscaper never laid eyes on Adam Lanza, a skinny, withdrawn, socially awkward 20-year-old who excelled in academics but apparently not in forming deep friendships.
“I would ring the bell on the front door, and she would come out the side and meet me,” he said. “It was a little weird. It’s stranger now thinking back on what happened.”
When she wanted to show Holmes an antique rifle, she proudly brought the gun — in its case — outside.

This person was never taught to socialize properly growing up, and was essentially taught to see everyone around him as a potential intruder and enemy, even if he'd known them for decades. two years after he hits college level, where he is expected to capable of socializing on his own, he flips his shit. I can't imagine the timing is totally random on that. Same with the VA Tech shooter. Every one of these shooters lately seems to be of the sort that just didn't connect with people.

And further evidence of the attachment disorder from the article:

Members of Nancy Lanza’s regular neighborhood dice game never got inside her home, either — not in 15 years of regular games. Rhonda Collens, a frequent player in the game, said that while the group’s weekly get-togethers moved from house to house, Nancy Lanza’s was always skipped. She never met Adam Lanza, and Nancy never spoke of her children.

15 years, and they never saw the inside of her house, and never met her son?

But wait, there's still more:

Adam Lanza’s acquaintances continued coming forward with what they knew about a young man who to many seemed unknowable. They described him as a loner, shy, brilliant, interested in gaming and computers, though seemingly without a digital footprint on social networks.

Unknowable.

But yeah, it just has to be the guns, right? Not the clear paranoia of his mother that she definitely instilled in him, but the guns.

12-17-2012, 02:26 AM
So it's the victim's fault? Do you know how ridiulous that is? That's like blaming the rape on the woman for wearing a short skirt instead of the perpetrator. That's just stupid.

Maybe she could have kept the guns locked up more. but a 20 year old cannot be controlled by a parent.

Maybe if some of the teachers were gun nuts and were allowed to carry they could have stopped him before he killed so many kid.

Voted4Reagan
12-17-2012, 02:46 AM

This is GUN-NUTOSAURUS's 30th thread in 3 days angling for Gun Control...

when will she Bail off this one?

Come on Gabby...Pull your FART AND DART!!! run away...Run Away!!!

KarlMarx
12-17-2012, 07:11 AM

A bunch of 6 and 7 year olds are shot by a gunman and you go into histrionics for days over it.

32 million babies have been murdered by abortion and you defend it as "choice"

You can't have it both ways.

taft2012
12-17-2012, 07:41 AM

Three guns qualifies as a "gun nut"? Well, apparently I'm a gun nut too.

I grew up in a home full of pots and pans, which clearly indicates I have an obsessive devotion to cooking.

darin
12-17-2012, 08:21 AM
My daughter started when she was 10.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4149&d=1338574462

Voted4Reagan
12-17-2012, 08:33 AM
My daughter started when she was 10.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4149&d=1338574462

nice form... no eye protection?

darin
12-17-2012, 09:21 AM
nice form... no eye protection?

She didn't like the glasses I brought - was more comfy w/o.

tailfins
12-17-2012, 10:21 AM

Holmes said Nancy Lanza, who was divorced

At least there wasn't a MAN in the house.

mundame
12-17-2012, 10:52 AM

Her behavior of owning so many guns IS odd. We can't deny that ---- it's really unheard of for women to collect guns in this way in America (or anywhere at all). I mean, who do you all know who does that? Only men. And they often have a lot more than six. But a woman? It really doesn't happen.

It's hardly abnormal to train kids to be able to shoot guns -- I learned at 4-H camp at age 10!

There was something abnormal here, but what? We won't know this part of the story until the brother Ryan and the father talk about what the mother was like.

This is a story from the Belfast News, kind of far away, so I don't know how true it is. But they are quoting her sister-in-law ---

The mother of Sandy Hook gunman Adam Lanza who slaughtered 20 US schoolchildren and seven adults was a gun-hoarding survivalist who was stockpiling weapons in preparation for an economic collapse, it has emerged.

Nancy Lanza was shot four times in the head before her son Adam gunned down young pupils and teachers at Sandy Hook elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut.

Her sister-in-law Marsha Lanza told reporters at her Illinois home that her gun-obsessed relative was part of the ‘prepper’ movement that fears an economic collapse will lead to a breakdown in society.

“She prepared for the worst,” Ms Lanza said.
“Last time we visited her in person, we talked about prepping — are you ready for what could happen down the line, when the economy collapses?”

Nancy Lanza (52) had five registered firearms, had begun stockpiling food and taught Adam how to shoot. He is believed to have used three of her guns — a Bushmaster .223-calibre, and two handguns, a Glock 10 mm and a Sig Sauer 9mm — in the school massacre after he shot her dead in bed.

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/mother-of-sandy-hook-gunman-adam-lanza-was-a-gun-obsessive-living-in-fear-of-societys-collapse-16251468.html#ixzz2FKCh2HYB

"Prepping" --- I have never heard that term before! Apparently there's a new series on TV, Survivors, that focuses on preppers.

darin
12-17-2012, 11:00 AM
^^

I HATE our Media outlets. Gawd - "Stockpiling", "Assault", "Obsessed" - they are fucking goddamn liars using this to push THEIR agenda.

Irony - People will likely buy MORE guns after this tragedy. As well they should.

tailfins
12-17-2012, 11:07 AM
^^

I HATE our Media outlets. Gawd - "Stockpiling", "Assault", "Obsessed" - they are ***** **** liars using this to push THEIR agenda.

Irony - People will likely buy MORE guns after this tragedy. As well they should.

The lefty media is stockpiling excuses for the failure of their agenda; they assault our freedoms and are obsessed with their agenda.

Voted4Reagan
12-17-2012, 12:37 PM
Nancy Lanza (52) had five registered firearms, had begun stockpiling food and taught Adam how to shoot. He is believed to have used three of her guns — a Bushmaster .223-calibre, and two handguns, a Glock 10 mm and a Sig Sauer 9mm — in the school massacre after he shot her dead in bed.

Five guns is HOARDING??

Are you totally serious in putting that forward as the number required to be a HOARDER?

5 LEGALLY REGISTERED GUNS... The woman committed NO CRIME...

Obviously you are falling for the media Kool-Aid... Wake up

From all accounts the Bushmaster .223 wasnt even in the school... it was in his vehicle. So it wasnt even used...

The Sig and Glock are not Automatics or Assault weapons. Simply Semi-Auto Pistols...

so wake up and learn about what you put forward.....

mundame
12-17-2012, 01:11 PM
Five guns is HOARDING??

Are you totally serious in putting that forward as the number required to be a HOARDER?

That was from the Belfast Post in Ireland, not me. They're pretty anti-American, I would guess from the text.

Twelve. Twelve guns is gun-hoarding, twelve and up. Would you agree? I mean, migod, we've only got two hands each, darn.

In my opinion, people with a lot of guns are planning on arming the neighborhood or an extended family group in the event of revolution. It's basically an arsenal.

I don't actually care except that too many young rampage shooters are getting hold of them and shooting up schools and malls.

pete311
12-17-2012, 01:19 PM

I've been looking to buy a missile. That is better defense. When everyone has a gun, you gotta get a bigger gun...

Robert A Whit
12-17-2012, 01:27 PM

What an insane fashion to think in. There may be a million mothers who love to shoot guns. Surely yiou don't think only men shoot do you?

Ever watch those programs on Discovery with the gun shops and the women who love to shoot?

Calling them nuts is crazy talk.

This young man clearly was sick in the head. His mother's enjoyment of her hobby in no way caused what he did.

Calling her the nut rather than him shows you don't understand what happened.

tailfins
12-17-2012, 01:33 PM
What an insane fashion to think in. There may be a million mothers who love to shoot guns. Surely yiou don't think only men shoot do you?

Ever watch those programs on Discovery with the gun shops and the women who love to shoot?

Calling them nuts is crazy talk.

This young man clearly was sick in the head. His mother's enjoyment of her hobby in no way caused what he did.

Calling her the nut rather than him shows you don't understand what happened.

Any time I hear the term gun NUT, I know the voice is coming from the peaNUT gallery. Don't forget to clean up your shells after you are done, Gabby.

Voted4Reagan
12-18-2012, 08:07 PM
i've been looking to buy a missile. That is better defense. When everyone has a gun, you gotta get a bigger gun...

obvious troll post..... Is obvious

aboutime
12-18-2012, 08:51 PM
Five guns is HOARDING??

From all accounts the Bushmaster .223 wasnt even in the school... it was in his vehicle. So it wasnt even used...

The Sig and Glock are not Automatics or Assault weapons. Simply Semi-Auto Pistols...

so wake up and learn about what you put forward.....

Liberal, Democrat, Progressive, Obama-Media Kool-aid builds BRAINLESS power....4162