PDA

View Full Version : Only females killed in Newtown?

mundame
12-17-2012, 10:28 AM
Talking about hating women, as in the Taylor Swift thread ----

All the adults killed in this rampage were female. And he killed his mother, too. I wonder if he picked and chose the children, too, whether most or all of them were female?

Strange. Were there no adult males at all in that building? That is possible, of course, since it was an elementary school.

I don't quite know what to make of that pattern.

Abbey Marie
12-17-2012, 10:36 AM
I thought about that, too, Mundame. He did kill some little boys, but I *think most were girls.

For all we know, some girl rejected him, and set him off.

mundame
12-17-2012, 10:41 AM
You and I noticed this, Abbey, but the news is keeping very, very quiet about the sex selection, if that's what happened. No news article I've seen has pointed it out. I was investigating it because only this morning did stories start coming out about who the four other dead adults were -- all female teachers.

I think they may be keeping this aspect of it quiet because they don't want copycat killings focusing on women -- there is a another lockdown in Connecticut right now, hopefully just a false alarm. Everyone must be on edge: I'm sure police all over the nation are expecting more of this, it's been happening at such an increasing rate.

mundame
12-17-2012, 10:45 AM
Serial killers of course kill only women and girls.

But until now, I think mass murderers have been Equal Opportunity killers -- The DC Snipers killed both sexes, the Columbine killers shot whoever came into their range, and so on.

Abbey Marie
12-17-2012, 10:46 AM
You and I noticed this, Abbey, but the news is keeping very, very quiet about the sex selection, if that's what happened. No news article I've seen has pointed it out. I was investigating it because only this morning did stories start coming out about who the four other dead adults were -- all female teachers.

I think they may be keeping this aspect of it quiet because they don't want copycat killings focusing on women -- there is a another lockdown in Connecticut right now, hopefully just a false alarm. Everyone must be on edge: I'm sure police all over the nation are expecting more of this, it's been happening at such an increasing rate.

I wouldn't put too much stock on the gender of the adults, though. Most elementary teachers are female. The children are another story.

Gaffer
12-17-2012, 10:52 AM
Talking about hating women, as in the Taylor Swift thread ----

All the adults killed in this rampage were female. And he killed his mother, too. I wonder if he picked and chose the children, too, whether most or all of them were female?

Strange. Were there no adult males at all in that building? That is possible, of course, since it was an elementary school.

I don't quite know what to make of that pattern.

Unlike you he wasn't sexist. He was crazy. He killed boys and girls. The school just happened to be staffed by mostly women. There was one male janitor that was reported to be there. He went through the halls warning all the others of a gunman in the building.

How many grade schools do you know of that employ male teachers? Your sexist theories are way off the mark.

mundame
12-17-2012, 10:57 AM
I wouldn't put too much stock on the gender of the adults, though. Most elementary teachers are female. The children are another story.

I looked it up -- he shot 12 girls, 8 boys. I don't know that I'd call that enough of a difference to build a theory on; I could be totally wrong. It's true most elementary personnel are female these days, what with the pedophile problem.

I think I'll fall back to the other ideas -- he wanted a high body count and this was a soft target; and/or he had some interactions at that school that made him angry (he apparently attended Sandy Hook as a young child, I read).

tailfins
12-17-2012, 11:00 AM
Unlike you he wasn't sexist. He was crazy. He killed boys and girls. The school just happened to be staffed by mostly women. There was one male janitor that was reported to be there. He went through the halls warning all the others of a gunman in the building.

How many grade schools do you know of that employ male teachers? Your sexist theories are way off the mark.

A square peg will fit in a round hole if you hit it with a big enough hammer.

Robert A Whit
12-17-2012, 02:34 PM
I thought about that, too, Mundame. He did kill some little boys, but I *think most were girls.

For all we know, some girl rejected him, and set him off.

I am unclear of the retio of teachers at the K-3 grades of men to women. But those who got killed as adults were women. I am not yet willing to declare that the killer had that as his pattern. Had the teachers been men, I believe he would have shot them too.

It is so easy to speculate as I have also done and not come too close to the reality of it.

I figured since he shot his mother, as it turns out, sleeping and in her head he fired, that this was not out of thin air. That he and his mom may have come to some sort of argument.

I hear on my local news that now they claim the shooter was inflicted with Asbergers disease.

We try to figure out a young man killer though we have so little to work with. I think we call that gossip. Isn't that what gossip is?

Kathianne
12-17-2012, 02:40 PM

I read that he killed all 14 children of one class, the others were in the second room, he killed himself when the police entered the building.

I've had a class of 18, where 12 of the students were girls. I've had another class of 12 where 10 of the students were boys.

Some years, the classes are skewed.

Marcus Aurelius
12-17-2012, 02:42 PM
A square peg will fit in a round hole if you hit it with a big enough hammer.

The ability to put a square peg in a round hole is a sign of intelligence.

Ask these guys...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2YZnTL596Q

Robert A Whit
12-17-2012, 02:43 PM
Serial killers of course kill only women and girls.

But until now, I think mass murderers have been Equal Opportunity killers -- The DC Snipers killed both sexes, the Columbine killers shot whoever came into their range, and so on.

I was in the immediate DC area during the snipers killing people. That kept me really on my toes. I admit I was as worried as the rest of the people were. A mile from my hotel room, one woman was killed. I was so happy to leave the area and not think of self defense when there. I think I was in PA when the snipers were captured. Funny thing is that on that trip, I kept going in VA at least, somewhat near the places he killed people. Course it was past the killings. When I departed Gettysburgh, I came back to VA via a route that took me a short distance in MD to where they got captured. What baffles me is why the one got executed but the real killer is living to this day.

I can't remember the sex of each victim to the DC Snipers. Seems to me they killed somebody by a school???? Does anybody recall?

I heard after the capture the snipers got the idea to kill his ex wife and killed others so when he killed the ex wife, he might get away with it.

One more way to say it is his wife was to be the victim with the rest of the victims being cover in his warped mind which makes me tend to think that most of his victims would be women. I just don't remember. I was so happy he got caught.