PDA

View Full Version : Gay Marine Proposes at White House

jimnyc
12-18-2012, 01:51 PM
Why keep making crap like this public? Do they not realize all they are doing is making it more difficult to be seen as "normal"? They are going out of their way to shove this crap down the throats of others. Most couldn't care less if anyone proposes at the WH, and certainly not queers and transgendered wackjobs.

U.S. Marine Corps Capt. Matthew Phelps made history Saturday at the home of his commander in chief.

The 35-year-old active-duty officer proposed to his boyfriend, Ben Schock, 26, in the Grand Foyer of the White House at the end of a holiday tour.

It's believed to be the first time two gay men have gotten engaged inside the White House, and a first for an active-duty member of the U.S. military. A transgender man proposed to his partner in the East Room earlier this year.

http://news.yahoo.com/gay-marine-proposes-boyfriend-white-house-222137561--abc-news-politics.html

aboutime
12-18-2012, 02:00 PM
Kinda gives a whole new meaning to the words:

SEMPER FI?????

It's a wonder the proposal wasn't to OBAMA. He's managing to STICK IT to all of us anyway.

fj1200
12-18-2012, 02:10 PM
Why keep making crap like this public? Do they not realize all they are doing is making it more difficult to be seen as "normal"? They are going out of their way to shove this crap down the throats of others. Most couldn't care less if anyone proposes at the WH, and certainly not queers and transgendered wackjobs.

http://news.yahoo.com/gay-marine-proposes-boyfriend-white-house-222137561--abc-news-politics.html

Unfortunately this sort of thing will be man-bites-dog news for awhile. I wonder how this makes it to the media?

Kinda gives a whole new meaning to the words:

SEMPER FI?????

"Always faithful"? I suppose it does.

aboutime
12-18-2012, 02:12 PM
Unfortunately this sort of thing will be man-bites-dog news for awhile. I wonder how this makes it to the media?

"Always faithful"? I suppose it does.

My Marine son served in Iraq, and Afghanistan. And not ONCE...did SEMPER FI ever mean he wanted a KISS from another Marine!

fj1200
12-18-2012, 02:14 PM
My Marine son served in Iraq, and Afghanistan. And not ONCE...did SEMPER FI ever mean he wanted a KISS from another Marine!

It's understandable that a Marine would know what Semper Fi means.