PDA

View Full Version : TX school bans confederate flag as offensive

Robert A Whit
12-18-2012, 02:06 PM
Today's yahoo news brings me the sad news another school bit the dust and caved into democrats idea of politically correct.

By banning the confederate flag.

Q? Are you offended by the Confederate flag? Would you get rid of one if you got one?

I own a confederate flag. Paid cash for it in VA around 10 years ago.

I am not offended by the flag. I was not born in the South but my parents are native to the South as is my family on Mom's/Dad's side of the tree of life.

We know that for a very long time the USA flag flew over slavery. (something in the area of 80 years)

We can't use the excuse of slavery as a reason to ban the flag in my opinion.

We know that a dozen of our presidents owned slaves. And they are not banned nor called not great in the cases of say, George Washington or Thomas Jefferson.

Since history smiles on them, with their owing slaves, why get pissy over the confederate flag?

Say states seceeded, then with an army, invaded the North intending to remove Lincoln and change the North government, that would be good reason for those favoring Lincoln to want to ban the flag of the confederacy. Actually my flag as some purists would point out that is so commonly used in movies and most of us recognize on sight, is the battle flag and not the actual government flag of the South. The blue cross and stars on a red flag is the one I mean.

Still some act with hate against the flag. I don't get it.

Given that the then flag of the USA had just as much baggage with it.

Hey, I am trying to recall if Jefferson Davis owned slaves. Lincoln had none but just as I said, many of our presidents owned them. And we are not talking a random slave either. I am talking many many slaves in some cases.

Oh, if some of you want to get all pissed off, fine with me.

Since you are in a foul mood anyway, let me also point out that slaves had benefits.

1. place to live
2. food to eat
3. work training
4. a job

Now once freed, they had none of that handed to them.