PDA

View Full Version : My idea for civil talk

Robert A Whit
12-18-2012, 03:15 PM
Jim and forum; ladies and gentleman

I have an idea we might try.

When you reply, and you are feeling angry, why not use the same tactic used in the congress?

Don't think of the other person you are angry with.

I am tying out some ideas. Any idea is welcome.

Say to your opponent something like this....

Mr Administrator

I reject the idea put forth as disclosed and offer this counter argument.

Sort of like Mr. Speaker.

Somebody must have a good idea. But the idea i put forth is to divert to a 3rd party to keep down the anger.

Even in courts, they address the Judge and not each other.

Robert A Whit
12-18-2012, 04:25 PM
Jim and forum; ladies and gentleman

When you reply, and you are feeling angry, why not use the same tactic used in the congress?

Don't think of the other person you are angry with.

I am tying out some ideas. Any idea is welcome.

Say to your opponent something like this....

Mr Administrator

I reject the idea put forth as disclosed and offer this counter argument.

Sort of like Mr. Speaker.

Somebody must have a good idea. But the idea i put forth is to divert to a 3rd party to keep down the anger.

Even in courts, they address the Judge and not each other.

Since you read the post Tail Fins, what comments have ye?

tailfins
12-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Since you read the post Tail Fins, what comments have ye?

I rarely get angry over someone's opinion and already "speak to the community". I only get angry when I'm playing around with someone and they turn ignorant, that being a means of saying "I want nothing to do with you". This forum has made me think and bring to the surface some opinions I wasn't 100% aware of. The primary being that I resent feminism more then even more than radical Islam.

Robert A Whit
12-18-2012, 04:41 PM
I rarely get angry over someone's opinion and already "speak to the community". I only get angry when I'm playing around with someone and they turn ignorant, that being a means of saying "I want nothing to do with you". This forum has made me think and bring to the surface some opinions I wasn't 100% aware of. The primary being that I resent feminism more then even more than radical Islam.

Mr, Admistrator or community at large

Very good reply. I too am very hard to get to the boiling point. There are women and then there are the feminists. I love the former. My view of the religion is it is violent. I learned that from a former Muslim from Iran.

jimnyc
12-18-2012, 04:46 PM
I think the ideas of making the place more civil and respectful is a great idea. But I'm not sold you want it to sound scripted and such. People can be adults, and disagree & maybe not even like the person we are responding to - without getting too personal or sounding like we are turning people in our responses (shut up, I know that's not a sound).

Everyone just make a concerted effort to try and be a tad more respectful of one another, and things can improve. But then we'll need another deal on the books in 6 months. These things go in cycles.

jimnyc
12-18-2012, 04:49 PM

That confused me! As I'm looking to help/fix any board issues - can you dumb this down for me? LOL

fj1200
12-18-2012, 05:28 PM

I have a better idea: Speak/post in a civil manner regardless of the other poster's actions.

aboutime
12-18-2012, 05:52 PM
CIVIL TALK? I get it. Everybody will type, and speak like a programmed robot, or clone that is always agreeable, and never causes anyone to hate, or get angry. No matter what the topic is, or how dumb it may be.

Sounds like the end of Freedom of speech, unless you agree to only speak, or think in friendly tones that please everyone, all the time.

Robert A Whit
12-18-2012, 06:12 PM
I have a better idea: Speak/post in a civil manner regardless of the other poster's actions.

Ummmm

That is what I said.

I give AT credit for bringing it up. But in essense, you said what I said.

aboutime
12-18-2012, 07:00 PM
Ummmm

That is what I said.

I give AT credit for bringing it up. But in essense, you said what I said.

Now I'm really confused. What did I BRING UP?

Seems to me, I should have found a small photo of 4160, which might have prevented the OVER THE HEAD action.

Robert A Whit
12-18-2012, 07:49 PM
Now I'm really confused. What did I BRING UP?

Seems to me, I should have found a small photo of 4160, which might have prevented the OVER THE HEAD action.

I may be wrong but I believe you brought up talking civil. If you refuse credit, ok. I have no objections.

aboutime
12-18-2012, 08:20 PM
I may be wrong but I believe you brought up talking civil. If you refuse credit, ok. I have no objections.

Did you by any chance, happen to read everything, or a part of what else I said after CIVIL?

fj1200
12-18-2012, 08:21 PM
That is what I said.

Maybe, but brevity is key.