PDA

View Full Version : My baby sister died today

SassyLady
12-18-2012, 11:27 PM
The fight was more than she could handle this time....put her on morphine this morning.....she asked for her toothbrush, closed her eyes and took her last breath. She is no longer in pain and can now rest in peace.

I will miss you, Bess.

PostmodernProphet
12-18-2012, 11:35 PM
/pulls up chair and sits beside you, saying nothing......

SassyLady
12-18-2012, 11:45 PM
/pulls up chair and sits beside you, saying nothing......

thank you.....hugs, kleenex and friends is all I need

Kathianne
12-19-2012, 06:49 AM
Sassy, my condolences and prayers. I'm so sorry.

KarlMarx
12-19-2012, 07:04 AM
My condolences, Sassy. I wish I had the words to make you feel better, but I don't. She's in a better place now.

Nukeman
12-19-2012, 07:32 AM
I am so sorry for your loss.. words fail me at times like these.....

tailfins
12-19-2012, 07:46 AM
Each new day will be better than the one before. Your grief shall pass.

CSM
12-19-2012, 08:00 AM
I am truly very sorry for your loss.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-19-2012, 08:27 AM
Very sorry to hear of your great loss.

Gaffer
12-19-2012, 09:19 AM
Cyber hugs and best wishes to you sass.

Drummond
12-19-2012, 12:25 PM
My condolences, Sassy. Wishing you my best at this time.

jimnyc
12-19-2012, 12:39 PM
I am so sorry to hear this, Sassy. I really wish there was something I could do, or that we could do, to help comfort you. If you need someone to talk to, pick up the phone or open the PM box.

Your sister and entire family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Robert A Whit
12-19-2012, 08:24 PM
The fight was more than she could handle this time....put her on morphine this morning.....she asked for her toothbrush, closed her eyes and took her last breath. She is no longer in pain and can now rest in peace.

I will miss you, Bess.

I join in having you in my prayers and thoughts. I don't know what to say. When Dad died, it hit me so hard I had a very hard time saying things on my mind. Sorry for your loss.

Little-Acorn
12-19-2012, 08:29 PM
Long, warm hug for Sassy. Doing nothing, just holding her.

She is in a better place now, Sassy. May God be with her.

aboutime
12-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Our thoughts, and prayer are with you Sassy.

There are no words that heal the pain.

May God Bless you, and your family today, and forever.

Mr. P
12-19-2012, 09:59 PM
Thinking of you, Sassy.

jafar00
12-20-2012, 04:46 AM
inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajeeoon.

This is what we say when someone dies. It's from the Qur'aan and it says we come from God and it is to Him we return. May God give her comfort and peace in the afterlife. ameen

SassyLady
12-21-2012, 02:46 AM
inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajeeoon.

This is what we say when someone dies. It's from the Qur'aan and it says we come from God and it is to Him we return. May God give her comfort and peace in the afterlife. ameen

I believe we are a part of God that returns home to be rejuvenated and then decide what comes next. She is finally resting and rejuvenating with family.

Thanks for the kind words.

red states rule
12-21-2012, 03:35 AM
I believe we are a part of God that returns home to be rejuvenated and then decide what comes next. She is finally resting and rejuvenating with family.

Thanks for the kind words.

Sl as long as your sister is in your heart and memory she is not really gone. She will be waiting for you at the gates of Heaven when you arrive - then you will have an eternity to spend with her

NightTrain
12-31-2012, 01:07 PM
I can't believe I didn't see this before now.

I'm truly saddened for your loss, SL.

Keep your chin up. I know what you mean by being grateful because she's no longer in pain, I felt the same way about my Dad and at least you can take comfort in that.

SassyLady
12-31-2012, 01:12 PM
I can't believe I didn't see this before now.

I'm truly saddened for your loss, SL.

Keep your chin up. I know what you mean by being grateful because she's no longer in pain, I felt the same way about my Dad and at least you can take comfort in that.

Thank you, Rick. We all know she is no longer suffering and feel relief that she isn't. Sometimes we feel guilty because of the relief .... but we know this is normal also. We've been fighting this battle for over ten years, and very aggressively the last two years. She had the will and the strength to keep fighting, but her lungs were virtually non-existent at the last ... her body gave up, not her soul.

We had the memorial last Saturday and it was good to hear all the wonderful things people had to say and to see the montage of old pictures ... and the songs that were played/sung were at times heartbreaking and at other times uplifting.

Thanks everyone for all your support over the past months and years. I never felt alone in any of this.