PDA

View Full Version : Obama Wrongly Invokes Newton and Fiscal Cliff

Kathianne
12-19-2012, 08:58 PM
http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/12/19/disgraceful-obama-invokes-newtown-massacre-to-pressure-republicans-to-go-along-with-his-tax-hikes/

During his press conference today, called to announce his new gun control task force, President Obama invoked the Newtown massacre to apply pressure on congressional Republicans in the fiscal cliff standoff.

OBAMA: If this past week has done anything it should give us some perspective. I-I-I-If there’s one thing we should have, after this week, it should be a sense of perspective about what’s important. And I would like to think that members of that caucus would say to themselves “You know what, I disagree with the president on some things. We wish the other guy had won. We’re gonna fight him on a whole range of issues over the next four years. We think his philosophy is all screwed up.

But right now, what the country needs is for us to compromise, get a deficit reduction deal in place, make sure middle class taxes don’t go up, make sure that we’re laying the foundations for growth, give certainty to businesses large and small, not put ourselves through some sort of self-inflicted crisis every six months, allow ourselves time to focus on things like preventing the tragedy in Newtown from happening again, focus on issues like energy and immigration reform, all the things that will make a determination as to whether our country grows over the next four years, ten years, 20 years, and if we could just pull back from the immediate political battles, if ya peel off the partisan war paint, then we should be able to get something do

I think, I think the Speaker would like to get that done. But an environment needs to be created not just among House Republicans but among Senate Republicans that says the campaign is over and let’s see if we can do what’s right for the country, at least for the next month! And then, we can re-engage in all the other battles that they’ll wanna fight.

This has to be one of the lowest moments of a very low presidency. Why should the Newtown killings bring any sort of “perspective” to a spending crisis that Barack Obama has created?

Robert A Whit
12-19-2012, 09:12 PM
http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/12/19/disgraceful-obama-invokes-newtown-massacre-to-pressure-republicans-to-go-along-with-his-tax-hikes/

Ya and I gave up on Obama when he first took office. See, I had lived through Clinton as we all did and the country did not turn over and sink into the ocean. It did not take me long to call Obama an empty suit. The man is a narcissist. Look how long he dominates a conversation when somebody asks him a question. Awful. He stands there delivering these earth-shaking lectures. He is no professor. And he damned sure is a pathetic president.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-19-2012, 10:55 PM
Ya and I gave up on Obama when he first took office. See, I had lived through Clinton as we all did and the country did not turn over and sink into the ocean. It did not take me long to call Obama an empty suit. The man is a narcissist. Look how long he dominates a conversation when somebody asks him a question. Awful. He stands there delivering these earth-shaking lectures. He is no professor. And he damned sure is a pathetic president.

Round these parts we call people like obama either asshat or dumbass!
In his case , dumbass asshat fits right nicely IMHO. People cite his great achievements concerning his political career, well Hitler started out rather low himself but we saw how high he went and what it cost the rest of the world didn't we?
Obama is a Hitler/Stalin want to be.. A lying , worthless bastard IMHO.-Tyr

Robert A Whit
12-19-2012, 11:42 PM
Round these parts we call people like obama either asshat or dumbass!
In his case , dumbass asshat fits right nicely IMHO. People cite his great achievements concerning his political career, well Hitler started out rather low himself but we saw how high he went and what it cost the rest of the world didn't we?
Obama is a Hitler/Stalin want to be.. A lying , worthless bastard IMHO.-Tyr

LOL

Well, besides being an empty suit narcissist, he sure is all of that too. We must not deprive him of his honors. :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-20-2012, 09:10 AM
LOL

Well, besides being an empty suit narcissist, he sure is all of that too. We must not deprive him of his honors. :laugh:

The sad thing is most Americans haven't a clue what a lying bastard the scum is. That's a tragedy because it gives him cover to openly weaken this nation as he is proclaimed to be saving it!!-Tyr

fj1200
12-20-2012, 09:25 AM
But an environment needs to be created not just among House Republicans but among Senate Republicans that says the campaign is over and let’s see if we can do what’s right for the country, at least for the next month! And then, we can re-engage in all the other battles that they’ll wanna fight.

Isn't he the one that has been out campaigning in favor of his wanted tax hikes? :rolleyes:

Kathianne
12-20-2012, 09:26 AM
Isn't he the one that has been out campaigning in favor of his wanted tax hikes? :rolleyes:

Indeed, using a massacre to add 'weight' to his argument. :rolleyes: