PDA

View Full Version : New favorite hobby!

cadet
12-20-2012, 11:00 AM
Was watching CNN with Piers Morgan Talking about gun control.
I've never had more fun in my life. He was talking over people, interrupting, and asking unfair questions to the pro gun people. And allowing the anti-gun people to talk.
Basically being an ass, but when one of the pro gun people got the bright idea to ask him questions, he couldn't think of anything.
I think all that little episode did was make more republicans. And enforce other gun owners ideas.

http://piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/19/piers-morgan-and-christiane-amanpour-debate-gun-control-with-guests-steve-dulan-and-john-r-lott-jr/?hpt=pm_bn1

A believer in the concept that firearms can promote safety, Dulan offered his perspective:"I've had conversations with individuals who've saved lives with guns," said the Attorney for the Michigan Coalition of Responsible Gun Owners. "More than one of the folks who have come through my class have saved lives with guns, and in fact, semi-automatic guns. They have protected themselves, and their loved ones, so we look at it as guns save lives, also."
As the town hall style program continued, Lott – the author of "More Guns, Less Crime" – reengaged with Morgan on a debate they'd taken up on multiple occasions previously:
"Every place, that guns have been banned, murder rates have gone up. You can not point to one place – whether it's Chicago, or whether it's D.C., or whether it's been England, or whether it's been Jamaica..."
As the man seated in the front row of the audience continued to list cities and countries, Morgan quickly cut him off:

"I'm sorry, but that's just a complete lie. It's a complete lie. The gun murder rate in Britain is 35 a year, average. You need to stop repeating a blatant lie, about what happens in other countries," said Morgan. "No, you're not going to get away with this. You lied about it the other day. Thirty-five gun murders a year in Britain, eleven to twelve thousand in America. Stop lying, because what you say drives Americans to defend themselves."

Just for that last part, i'd like to point out that we have a hell of alot more people. And % wise, i'm sure we're a hell of alot less.

tailfins
12-20-2012, 12:59 PM
Obama got re-elected because Republicans agree to play ball with hacks like these. I say don't give them the time of day.

fj1200
12-20-2012, 01:28 PM
... but when one of the pro gun people got the bright idea to ask him questions, he couldn't think of anything.

'Tis a hoot. Also, don't accept their premise if it reinforces their misconceptions.

aboutime
12-20-2012, 02:56 PM
Another way to have a few laughs would be....to check out Morgan's viewership ratings.

I think more people attend Westboro Baptist Church Confessions, than watch his ANT-American, endless rants.

He was kicked out of his own nation, and MESSNBC found a likely partner for Chris the TINGLE Matthews to play Touchy-feely with.

tailfins
12-20-2012, 03:03 PM
Another way to have a few laughs would be....to check out Morgan's viewership ratings.

I think more people attend Westboro Baptist Church Confessions, than watch his ANT-American, endless rants.

He was kicked out of his own nation, and MESSNBC found a likely partner for Chris the TINGLE Matthews to play Touchy-feely with.

Baptist churches, even fake ones, don't generally do "confessions" that are attended.

aboutime
12-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Baptist churches, even fake ones, don't generally do "confessions" that are attended.

EXACTLY....Now...read the rest of what I said....ya know...about ATTENDING, or VIEWERS????

Imagine that? Something managed to go OVER YOUR HEAD.