PDA

View Full Version : House succeeds, passes bill to cancel "fiscal cliff"

Little-Acorn
12-20-2012, 10:44 PM
I knew they could do it. We will no longer go over the s-called "Fiscal Cliff". The House passed a bill extendig the tax cuts, and sent it to the Senate for their approval and President Obama's signature.

Now it's up to the Senate, and of course to President Obama. The House has done its part.

With a reasonable effort, the Senate can debate this bill, bring it to the Senate floor, and pass it, all between now and the end of the year. They still have 11 days from today, Dec. 20, 2012.

The Senate had no trouble convening and passing Obamacare in a midnight vote on Christmas Eve Day, 2010. So I don't see why they would have a problem doing the same with this one.

Particularly since this bill, unlike Obamacare, is somethig the American people actually support.

Te ball is in your court, Senate. Don't let the American people down.

----------------------------------------------

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-08-01/business/35493754_1_tax-cuts-deduction-for-sales-taxes-alternative-minimum-tax

House votes to extend tax cuts at all income levels

By Rosalind S. Helderman and Lori Montgomery
August 01, 2012

The Republican-led House voted Wednesday to extend an array of expiring tax cuts for households at all income levels through 2013, a pre-election statement of unyielding opposition to higher taxes for any American.

The 256 to 171 vote to preserve tax cuts enacted during the George W. Bush administration fell largely along party lines. It came after the House rejected a Democratic alternative, on a similarly partisan 257 to 170 vote, that would have allowed the cuts to expire on taxable income over $200,000 for individuals and $250,000 for couples filing jointly.

----------------------------------------

P.S. Note the date of the article.

aboutime
12-20-2012, 10:48 PM
Harry Reid closed the Senate. They won't be back. At least NOT THE DEMOCRATS until after Christmas.

And Harry has probably decided already. HE ISN'T GOING TO INTRODUCE THE BILL in the Senate. So, the President won't have to VETO it if it isn't presented to the Senate floor.

There is ONE CLIFF I would like Harry to JUMP in person. And that happens to be located in the GRAND CANYON.

A long way down, and NOBODY WILL HEAR HIM SCREAM......"It's the Republican's Fault!"