PDA

View Full Version : More Taxes in Addition To the Fiscal Cliff Deal

red states rule
12-21-2012, 03:13 AM
No matter what Obama gets from the cowardly R's in the Fiscal Cliff talks EVERYONE will be paying more in taxes - including the "middle class". When Obama tells the Takers of America they will not be hit with higher taxes he is lying. On 1/1/13 we all get a dose of hope and change and will be getting a lighter paycheck to start off the new year.
We have current tax rates. They have been the same since 2003. These tax rates were put into place by an agreement that Congress made with George Bush. They are to this day called the Bush tax cuts, but they are not tax cuts. They were at the moment they were passed because the new rates were smaller than what existed in 2003. But they have been the effective tax rates since 2003. There are no tax cuts, my friends. So when you hear Jay Carney or anybody in the media, or anybody on a cable TV show talking about the Bush tax cuts, there aren’t any tax cuts. And nobody has proposed a tax cut.
What is going to happen on January 1st is that the current tax rates are going up. The question is, on who? If we go over the fiscal cliff, everybody’s income tax rates are going up. The capital gains tax rate is going up. There is a 1% — actually .9% — there is a 1% income tax surcharge on everybody for Obamacare, everybody, no matter what else happens. There is a 3.8% surcharge on capital gains, independent of whatever the tax rate is on capital gains, and that’s an Obamacare tax. So if nobody does anything, everybody’s taxes are going up potentially 4.8%. A 1% income surcharge on everybody for Obamacare, and a 3.8% surcharge on any capital gains. If you sell your house at a profit, if you sell a stock at a profit, in addition to whatever the capital gains rate is, add 3.8% to it. It’s an Obamacare tax. Both of these are.
The Republicans are not proposing tax cuts, and neither is President Obama. When he talks about tax cuts for the middle class as part of the deal, all he means is that the current tax rates will not go up for the middle class. But nobody is getting a tax cut. The president has not proposed one. The Democrat Party had not proposed one. And, sadly, the Republicans have not proposed one. So when you hear people talk about a middle-class tax cut with the fiscal cliff, there isn’t one. It is political doublespeak. It exists by continuing to call the current rates the Bush tax cuts and then claiming that people who will not see a tax increase are getting a tax cut, when they aren’t. Their rates are going to stay the same. There is no tax cut anywhere for anybody any time on the table.

Read more: http://conservativebyte.com/2012/12/obamas-real-plan-soak-the-middle-class/#ixzz2FjOUNRqO

aboutime
12-21-2012, 02:42 PM
red states rule. And to jimnc, the man who runs this forum. I apologize for using BOLD, but this is how I express my anger, and my need to be heard. Whether some like it or not.

One simple line is all any of us need to read, or recognize concerning TAXES, and the FISCAL CLIFF Politicians are trying to scare Americans about.

DUMB, IGNORANT, STUPID, SELFISH AMERICANS....who voted for Obama back in November, and in 2008. Decided THIS IS WHAT THEY WANT.

Now. They are going to get it....and Lots of it, come January 1st. Because I am still convinced. That "CAN" 4182 will once again be KICKED DOWN THE ROAD...probably for another Year.

SIXTEEN TRILLION means nothing to those who voted for Obama. So, watch how DOUBLING will mean nothing to them next year.

red states rule
12-21-2012, 06:48 PM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/gv122112APR-A20121221074526.jpg