PDA

View Full Version : Winter teases me...went driving out back pics

darin
12-21-2012, 05:36 PM
Not "Outback" - but took the jeep into the back yard in celebration of the VERY little amount of snow. Need another foot's worth of snow to appease me.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4186&d=1356129291

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4185&d=1356129264

Robert A Whit
12-21-2012, 05:48 PM
I never got a reply to your rank and time in service so please send it pm.

That looks to me like evergreen country. Maybe I am wrong so I plan to look at those photos again.

I am guessing of course but it would seem to me that the area is around the great lakes area where it is pretty flat but far enough north to see more evergreens. I notice it is flat land.

Those trees in my area come with mountains.

Trigg
12-21-2012, 06:42 PM
looks like we were both fooled.

My youngest was so thrilled with what little we got he had his boots and snowsuit on this morning and was making snowmen before school.

I don't think I've seen him that anxious to be up and out of bed in a while :laugh:

darin
12-21-2012, 06:52 PM
I never got a reply to your rank and time in service so please send it pm.

That looks to me like evergreen country. Maybe I am wrong so I plan to look at those photos again.

I am guessing of course but it would seem to me that the area is around the great lakes area where it is pretty flat but far enough north to see more evergreens. I notice it is flat land.

Those trees in my area come with mountains.

It's not really evergreen country, no. Yes, great lakes/mid west. No mountains. Miss them, honestly.

looks like we were both fooled.

My youngest was so thrilled with what little we got he had his boots and snowsuit on this morning and was making snowmen before school.

I don't think I've seen him that anxious to be up and out of bed in a while :laugh:

How much snow did y'all get?

Monkeybone
12-21-2012, 08:52 PM
It's not really evergreen country, no. Yes, great lakes/mid west. No mountains. Miss them, honestly.

How much snow did y'all get?
We got slush D. Same to a little less than you. But Trigg might be different since she is a distance from me. Driving five minutes changes our weather.

jimnyc
12-21-2012, 09:50 PM
Sweet pics! The one on the small hill would make a great advertisement for Jeep!

darin
12-22-2012, 05:53 PM
Thanks Jim - funny; lately am feeling I don't have enough land.

SassyLady
12-22-2012, 06:12 PM
I'm feeling that way, too, dmp! Feeling like I need to "bunker down". Odd feeling to have in America, isn't it?

darin
12-23-2012, 08:21 AM
We have room - bug out to my place, sexy. :)

Abbey Marie
12-23-2012, 11:26 AM
Lol you two! Imagine living on only .75 acres like us.

Kathianne
12-23-2012, 11:32 AM
Lol you two! Imagine living on only .75 acres like us.

At this season of seasons, remember those that have no where to live. It's now reality in USA, for those that once thought they were secure in middle class. Say a prayer at your Christmas service.

Abbey Marie
12-23-2012, 11:34 AM
At this season of seasons, remember those that have no where to live. It's now reality in USA, for those that once thought they were secure in middle class. Say a prayer at your Christmas service.

Not sure why I got this reply. I was jokingly replying to our two biggest land owners saying they feel the need for more land.

Kathianne
12-23-2012, 11:39 AM
Not sure why I got this reply. I was jokingly replying to our two biggest land owners saying they feel the need for more land.

I'm sorry, a bit too quick to reply. My apologies.

darin
12-23-2012, 02:06 PM
You are welcome to join us abbey! :) last home we bought was .09 acres. Very nice to have elbow room!

SassyLady
12-23-2012, 02:57 PM
We have room - bug out to my place, sexy. :) Got bugout bags in both vehicles and ready to bunker down here if I have to. My only problem getting to your place is not having snow gear. :laugh:

SassyLady
12-23-2012, 02:59 PM

Not only do I give thanks for what I have, I give thanks daily for being able to share what I have ... I have three homeless people living with me ... people with absolutely no income .... so I provide shelter, food, money for emergencies (like $450 to get vehicle smogged and running so they can find a job).

So, yes, Kath .... I am very grateful for what I have and can share.

Kathianne
12-23-2012, 03:23 PM
Not only do I give thanks for what I have, I give thanks daily for being able to share what I have ... I have three homeless people living with me ... people with absolutely no income .... so I provide shelter, food, money for emergencies (like $450 to get vehicle smogged and running so they can find a job).

So, yes, Kath .... I am very grateful for what I have and can share.

You Sassy. are so lucky to be able to help those with less. Not just lucky, but you choose to do so. You don't need Washington DC to tell you what to do. Indeed, like my friends and family that are willing and able to help me out, you put out your arm to those you know. Bless you.

SassyLady
12-23-2012, 03:40 PM
Kath ... I am also thankful that these people came into my life .... for me, having so much, and not needing so much (like three empty bedrooms) it was a simple decision. Whether I live here alone or with those in need, I would be still paying the same mortgage expenses, the same utilities, etc.

The place needs constant upkeep and I've been so depressed that I just couldn't keep up with it. So, these people keep the place maintained and clean as their contribution ... that way they feel they are giving back ... which helps them maintain their self-worth. It is a mutually beneficial situation for all.

The most important thing is that we are ALL grateful that God brought us together at this time.

Kathianne
12-23-2012, 03:45 PM
Kath ... I am also thankful that these people came into my life .... for me, having so much, and not needing so much (like three empty bedrooms) it was a simple decision. Whether I live here alone or with those in need, I would be still paying the same mortgage expenses, the same utilities, etc.

The place needs constant upkeep and I've been so depressed that I just couldn't keep up with it. So, these people keep the place maintained and clean as their contribution ... that way they feel they are giving back ... which helps them maintain their self-worth. It is a mutually beneficial situation for all.

The most important thing is that we are ALL grateful that God brought us together at this time.

They are so lucky to have you in their lives. Remember that, some might not be grateful, but all are better with you in this world. I know it's a sad point now, but same with you sister. SL, you make the world a better place. No higher praise is coming.

SassyLady
12-23-2012, 04:03 PM
They are so lucky to have you in their lives. Remember that, some might not be grateful, but all are better with you in this world. I know it's a sad point now, but same with you sister. SL, you make the world a better place. No higher praise is coming.

You made me cry and I can't give you more rep yet. :hug99:

jafar00
12-23-2012, 05:05 PM
Just to tease...

We are finally having some days over 30C. Catching the ferry across the harbour for work is extremely pleasant :)

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-a2tYHPqgXK0/UMlmmscbbhI/AAAAAAAABkc/K8bUKz6T6jU/s1120/IMG_20121213_162417.jpg

tailfins
12-23-2012, 05:08 PM
Not "Outback" - but took the jeep into the back yard in celebration of the VERY little amount of snow. Need another foot's worth of snow to appease me.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4185&d=1356129264

I used to take a 1976 Buick out on a field like that to do doughnuts. The trick is to never come to a complete stop.

tailfins
12-23-2012, 05:11 PM
Just to tease...

We are finally having some days over 30C. Catching the ferry across the harbour for work is extremely pleasant :)

So THAT'S the window where they keep your fish tank, Nemo!

Robert A Whit
12-23-2012, 05:16 PM
You Sassy. are so lucky to be able to help those with less. Not just lucky, but you choose to do so. You don't need Washington DC to tell you what to do. Indeed, like my friends and family that are willing and able to help me out, you put out your arm to those you know. Bless you.

Kathianne, I want to let you know that I CARE. I had no idea of your problems. I want to give you a huge hug. Sassy indeed is doing good a living what she preaches.

You have serious needs. I don't want a fight with you. And i never did.

Kathianne
12-23-2012, 05:25 PM
Kathianne, I want to let you know that I CARE. I had no idea of your problems. I want to give you a huge hug. Sassy indeed is doing good a living what she preaches.

You have serious needs. I don't want a fight with you. And i never did.

Nice. I'm not interested, as it doesn't change the problems you bring. I need nothing from you, have caring people in my life. Thank you. though.

Abbey Marie
12-23-2012, 07:41 PM
You are welcome to join us abbey! :) last home we bought was .09 acres. Very nice to have elbow room!

That would be so much fun!
:dance:

Abbey Marie
12-23-2012, 07:48 PM
I'm sorry, a bit too quick to reply. My apologies.

Thank you, Kath.

http://clog.dailycal.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/if-it-says-classy-then-its-definitely-classy.jpg

aboutime
12-23-2012, 08:12 PM
So THAT'S the window where they keep your fish tank, Nemo!