PDA

View Full Version : It Is Nice to be Appreciated

red states rule
12-21-2012, 07:08 PM
Yesterday at work the entire department was called in a conference room for a meeting. It was right before most od us leave for the day, and many of us were rather concerned over why the late meeting.

When I arrived at the conference room the top 2 managers of the site were there and I started to get worried.

When everyone was seated, we were told how upper management "took notice" of our efforts. We had had mandatory overtime for most of the year and all of us are rather tired these days

Then we were told what all the hub-bub was about. Each of us was awarded a $75 VISA gift card as a reward for all the long hours AND maintaining the quality standards. There is about 200 of us that got the award

So much for "corporate America" not caring about their workers

aboutime
12-21-2012, 07:10 PM
Congratulations.

Wonder how many Obama followers would have turned down such an Award?

That Old Capitalism Thing is so horrible....Liberally speaking...of course.

red states rule
12-21-2012, 07:14 PM
Congratulations.

Wonder how many Obama followers would have turned down such an Award?

That Old Capitalism Thing is so horrible....Liberally speaking...of course.

There are some libs there and they were happy. As for me, I have about 325 hours of OT for the year and I was pissed when I saw the YTD TAXES

aboutime
12-21-2012, 07:22 PM
There are some libs there and they were happy. As for me, I have about 325 hours of OT for the year and I was pissed when I saw the YTD TAXES

And you have every right to be pissed. But don't forget how Obama repeated his Accomplishment of Lowering Taxes for those 98%, of which more than 50% pay no federal taxes at all.

Are we allowed to say that here?????

red states rule
12-21-2012, 07:25 PM
And you have every right to be pissed. But don't forget how Obama repeated his Accomplishment of Lowering Taxes for those 98%, of which more than 50% pay no federal taxes at all.

Are we allowed to say that here?????

Not only the Federal Income tax, but also State Tax, Local Tax, Social Security tax, and Medicare Tax. It is OBSCENE the amount of the money I EARNED that was basically confiscated from me. Then I have to hear libs tell me I have to pay MORE. It is disgusting to see the greed on display by politicians on BOTH sides

aboutime
12-21-2012, 08:07 PM
Not only the Federal Income tax, but also State Tax, Local Tax, Social Security tax, and Medicare Tax. It is OBSCENE the amount of the money I EARNED that was basically confiscated from me. Then I have to hear libs tell me I have to pay MORE. It is disgusting to see the greed on display by politicians on BOTH sides

This may sound very selfish of me. But. Every time I read such information, or I am reminded of the real world. Knowing our five grand children are sadly...almost doomed...to become responsible to pay those, and countless other forms of taxes when they grow up. I have to remind myself not to become even more angry.

What makes all of that worse. Is that I know. My years here on Earth are becoming less, and less with each passing day. And there is NOT ONE THING I can do...to prevent those five children from becoming the victims of OUR selfishness in taking away what most of us once called the American dream, but will eventually become the America That Once Was.

Robert A Whit
12-21-2012, 08:15 PM

I have tried to reach democrats as to their beliefs. Logic won't work. Explaining the system won't work. They are greedy. They want to keep 100 percent of what they make and take it away from you for their own purposes and benefit. They are selfish.

Abbey Marie
12-22-2012, 04:54 PM
Congrats, T. You deserve recognition!