PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas everyone!!

jimnyc
12-22-2012, 01:22 PM
Christmas is just a few short days away now, and the New Year will be ringing in just after. Throughout all of our Holidays we are always thinking of family. I'd like to take a moment to think of our little family here at DP. We have many regulars that we share debates with, and share personal stories with, throughout the year. I feel after awhile like I've come to know so many of you.

First I would like to say Merry Christmas to all of those celebrating such a wonderful holiday. Let's not forget what this holiday stands for and how it came to be. We can celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ while still having the little kid Santa Claus spirit in us.

The beauty of this holiday is that the spirit of the celebration knows no boundaries and everyone can get into a festive mood. Whether Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Atheist... being nice to your fellow man/woman, dressing up, enjoying family and friends, the touching music & even sharing a gift or 2. The love, respect and fun that comes out should be in all of us, not inclusive to one group. Just as I enjoy a little celebrating on Ramadan, Jewish Holidays and other festive times of the year.

But that is not slight on what Christmas means to me and so many Christians. I will never stop saying the age old greeting, but I can do so and still be respectful to everyone. And I hope that spirit will go both ways.

For this Christmas I hope you all find what you want under the tree. I hope you all find peace and comfort. I hope you all enjoy time with loved ones. I hope you all get a moment to watch end enjoy the children. And I hope we can all take a moment to think of those no longer with us, that are celebrating from above and keeping a watch over all of us.

As 2012 becomes a memory and 2013 rolls in - I can only wish for all of you to be warm, safe & happy. Enjoy your time with ALL of your loved ones. Live life with no regrets and as if there is no tomorrow.

http://i.imgur.com/Qhnye.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/S5DXd.gif

Abbey Marie
12-22-2012, 04:52 PM
http://mycatbirdseat.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Merry-Christmas.jpg

Kathianne
12-24-2012, 11:25 AM
Merry Christmas, to all!

My favorite column of all time, read it aloud to both of my parents when originally published. My family was weird that way:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1997-05-04/news/9705040051_1_welfare-office-caseworker-column

Mary And Joe, Chicago Style
May 04, 1997|By Mike Royko. A CHRISTMAS STORY. CHICAGO DAILY NEWS, DEC. 19, 1967.

Royko on this column: I remember one column I started in 1963 and didn't finish for about four years. It was going to be a Christmas column. Each year, I'd take it out, look at it and throw it back in the drawer. In 1966, I finally decided to use it. I'd rewritten it about 10 times. Still didn't like it.

That column wound up being used in school plays, church plays, sermons. It was known as my Mary and Joe column. It became so popular that I think I reran it every Christmas Eve for 25 years. I still don't like the column.

CSM
12-24-2012, 11:32 AM
Indeed Merry Christmas to all of you (whether you want want or not!)

tailfins
12-24-2012, 12:01 PM
And a Merry Nothingness full of no Christmas Cheer and No Santa Claus and lack of Miracles and Christmas Spirit to you, you no good unbelieving bastard! LOL

j/k ya, Noir, enjoy your holidays with your family and girlfriend!

I can't top Larry The Cable Guy to respond to Noir:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp6ah3ky2a4

jimnyc
12-24-2012, 12:13 PM
A blast from the past! How did we end up in last years Christmas thread? :laugh:

Drummond
12-24-2012, 12:19 PM
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all (.. even the Lefties .. I don't do 'Winter Solstice' greetings, I'm afraid ...).

Kathianne
12-24-2012, 12:21 PM
A blast from the past! How did we end up in last years Christmas thread? :laugh:

I dunno. It was there when I went to post! I try not to start new threads, preferring to join in on established ones when possible.

jimnyc
12-24-2012, 12:23 PM
You're all celebrating the past in the other thread! This lonely little thread is for this year! :laugh2:

Kathianne
12-24-2012, 12:25 PM
Ok, another Merry Christmas, All! LOL!

jimnyc
12-24-2012, 12:27 PM
Ok, another Merry Christmas, All! LOL!

We can never say Merry Christmas to one another enough! The more the merrier! :)

revelarts
12-24-2012, 03:03 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy new Year y'all.

...peace on Earth and goodwill toward everyone...

jimnyc
12-24-2012, 03:29 PM
Same back at ya, Rev!!

tailfins
12-24-2012, 04:19 PM
Feliz Natal E Um Prospéro Ano Novo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bhI0fVIobI

Kathianne
12-25-2012, 03:30 AM
Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/XgOq4WgNv68

taft2012
12-25-2012, 09:16 AM
Merry Christmas to all! :laugh:

Trigg
12-25-2012, 09:21 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

Just finished tearing through presents. Baked a pie and will start the turkey for previously mentioned HUGE hubby family get together later on today. There will be 3 turkey's, 3 hams, 2 pots of chicken and dumplings, assorted side dishes and more desserts than most restaurants offer. :dance:

Abbey Marie
12-25-2012, 11:18 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

Just finished tearing through presents. Baked a pie and will start the turkey for previously mentioned HUGE hubby family get together later on today. There will be 3 turkey's, 3 hams, 2 pots of chicken and dumplings, assorted side dishes and more desserts than most restaurants offer. :dance:

Wow!

Robert A Whit
12-25-2012, 05:35 PM
Christmas is just a few short days away now, and the New Year will be ringing in just after. Throughout all of our Holidays we are always thinking of family. I'd like to take a moment to think of our little family here at DP. We have many regulars that we share debates with, and share personal stories with, throughout the year. I feel after awhile like I've come to know so many of you.

First I would like to say Merry Christmas to all of those celebrating such a wonderful holiday. Let's not forget what this holiday stands for and how it came to be. We can celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ while still having the little kid Santa Claus spirit in us.

The beauty of this holiday is that the spirit of the celebration knows no boundaries and everyone can get into a festive mood. Whether Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Atheist... being nice to your fellow man/woman, dressing up, enjoying family and friends, the touching music & even sharing a gift or 2. The love, respect and fun that comes out should be in all of us, not inclusive to one group. Just as I enjoy a little celebrating on Ramadan, Jewish Holidays and other festive times of the year.

But that is not slight on what Christmas means to me and so many Christians. I will never stop saying the age old greeting, but I can do so and still be respectful to everyone. And I hope that spirit will go both ways.

For this Christmas I hope you all find what you want under the tree. I hope you all find peace and comfort. I hope you all enjoy time with loved ones. I hope you all get a moment to watch end enjoy the children. And I hope we can all take a moment to think of those no longer with us, that are celebrating from above and keeping a watch over all of us.

As 2012 becomes a memory and 2013 rolls in - I can only wish for all of you to be warm, safe & happy. Enjoy your time with ALL of your loved ones. Live life with no regrets and as if there is no tomorrow.

http://i.imgur.com/Qhnye.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/S5DXd.gif

Jim did such a wonderful job of explaining it, may I ditto him and pray for all of you!!!

tailfins
12-25-2012, 07:04 PM
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all (.. even the Lefties .. I don't do 'Winter Solstice' greetings, I'm afraid ...).

That would be the Pagans who do Solstice. The lefties celebrate Stalin's Birthday. Do you do Stalin's Birthday?

jimnyc
12-25-2012, 07:27 PM
On the NJ turnpike, got a little buzz and running about 75 while I type this! Good thing the wife is driving. Had a great time with family but went way too quickly.

My phone is shaky and fingers unsteady, and the highway passing by me in my peripheral vision is making me want to puke.

That is now 44 Christmases in a row that Santa forgot my pet monkey or some boobies!

tailfins
12-25-2012, 08:00 PM
On the NJ turnpike, got a little buzz and running about 75 while I type this! Good thing the wife is driving. Had a great time with family but went way too quickly.

My phone is shaky and fingers unsteady, and the highway passing by me in my peripheral vision is making me want to puke.

That is now 44 Christmases in a row that Santa forgot my pet monkey or some boobies!

What about a pet monkey with boobies? Would you spank the monkey if it had boobies?

jimnyc
12-25-2012, 08:50 PM
What about a pet monkey with boobies? Would you spank the monkey if it had boobies?

Talk about a loaded question! LOL No spanking, that would be animal cruelty. But I would teach the hairy little lad, when age appropriate, all about boobies. He would be a well informed, and perverted little monkey!!

jimnyc
12-25-2012, 08:51 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-itkLzFFwK5U/UMyh8uelXLI/AAAAAAAA5RI/nyXd0ypz3u4/s640/monkey_rescue_02.jpg

Kathianne
12-25-2012, 09:10 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-itkLzFFwK5U/UMyh8uelXLI/AAAAAAAA5RI/nyXd0ypz3u4/s640/monkey_rescue_02.jpg and...not yours! ;) (I don't know if you have that commercial in your parts on the radio. Lottery numbers are called out, the announcer yells out, "and not yours!) I just got home a bit ago from daughter's in-laws. I worked until 2 and came home to pick up gifts. Got there around 3:15. What a nice day! All my kids and their spouse and fiance were there. Other than fewer and healthier appetizers, his mom cooks like I do for the holidays. How many people are we having? 10? Ok, let's make enough for 30! LOL! Turkey and trimmings, ham, au gratin potatoes, Filet Roast, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, 4 veggies, 3 salads, homemade sour dough bread, 'Red Lobster cheddar rolls,' 3 types of cranberries! Groan! Dang, she's a better baker than cook, which is saying a lot! During my daughter's wedding shower last year, seems we lived withing 5 blocks growing up. Her mom was the baker at our high school, when all the food was cooked and baked at site. The school had awesome cookies, breads, cakes, and pies, so Mary comes by this naturally. Red Velvet cake, frosted with candy cane whipped cream. The layers were filled with peppermint ice cream! The cake though was poked with some sort of liquor. So good! I don't like mincemeat, was nearly tempted as she'd made some french type of tarts with mincemeat. Really gorgeous, almost thought I'd try one, but I KNOW I don't like the filling. My daughter and her husband made the cookies: hot chocolate, peanut butter blossoms, shortbread blossoms, and peppermint brownies. I brought ChocolateRouge and candy, I told Mary to put the candy away, her son told me it was her favorite, we broke open the wine though! ;) Played some games, opened the presents and home by 7:30. Good day!

gabosaurus
12-25-2012, 09:13 PM
Merry Christmas from the Gabosaurus family!
Hope everyone is happy and not buried under too much snow (it was in the 60s here in sunny SoCal).

I am quite worn out at the present. So, even at just past 6 p.m., I am sitting around in flimsy pajamas.
Not that anyone on DP would want to see that. :poke:

jimnyc
12-25-2012, 09:16 PM
and...not yours! ;) (I don't know if you have that commercial in your parts on the radio. Lottery numbers are called out, the announcer yells out, "and not yours!) I just got home a bit ago from daughter's in-laws. I worked until 2 and came home to pick up gifts. Got there around 3:15. What a nice day! All my kids and their spouse and fiance were there. Other than fewer and healthier appetizers, his mom cooks like I do for the holidays. How many people are we having? 10? Ok, let's make enough for 30! LOL! Turkey and trimmings, ham, au gratin potatoes, Filet Roast, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, 4 veggies, 3 salads, homemade sour dough bread, 'Red Lobster cheddar rolls,' 3 types of cranberries! Groan! Dang, she's a better baker than cook, which is saying a lot! During my daughter's wedding shower last year, seems we lived withing 5 blocks growing up. Her mom was the baker at our high school, when all the food was cooked and baked at site. The school had awesome cookies, breads, cakes, and pies, so Mary comes by this naturally. Red Velvet cake, frosted with candy cane whipped cream. The layers were filled with peppermint ice cream! The cake though was poked with some sort of liquor. So good! I don't like mincemeat, was nearly tempted as she'd made some french type of tarts with mincemeat. Really gorgeous, almost thought I'd try one, but I KNOW I don't like the filling. My daughter and her husband made the cookies: hot chocolate, peanut butter blossoms, shortbread blossoms, and peppermint brownies. I brought ChocolateRouge and candy, I told Mary to put the candy away, her son told me it was her favorite, we broke open the wine though! ;) Played some games, opened the presents and home by 7:30. Good day!

If someone gave me that monkey from above I would be thrilled! Sounds like you had a good time, and certainly had good eats!

Kathianne
12-25-2012, 09:17 PM
I've tried editing the above post for paragraphs several times, no luck.

So here it is, hopefully with paragraphs: and...not yours! ;) (I don't know if you have that commercial in your parts on the radio. Lottery numbers are called out, the announcer yells out, "and not yours!)

I just got home a bit ago from daughter's in-laws. I worked until 2 and came home to pick up gifts. Got there around 3:15. What a nice day! All my kids and their spouse and fiance were there. Other than fewer and healthier appetizers, his mom cooks like I do for the holidays. How many people are we having? 10? Ok, let's make enough for 30! LOL! Turkey and trimmings, ham, au gratin potatoes, Filet Roast, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, 4 veggies, 3 salads, homemade sour dough bread, 'Red Lobster cheddar rolls,' 3 types of cranberries! Groan!

Dang, she's a better baker than cook, which is saying a lot! During my daughter's wedding shower last year, seems we lived withing 5 blocks growing up. Her mom was the baker at our high school, when all the food was cooked and baked at site. The school had awesome cookies, breads, cakes, and pies, so Mary comes by this naturally. Red Velvet cake, frosted with candy cane whipped cream. The layers were filled with peppermint ice cream! The cake though was poked with some sort of liquor. So good! I don't like mincemeat, was nearly tempted as she'd made some french type of tarts with mincemeat. Really gorgeous, almost thought I'd try one, but I KNOW I don't like the filling.

My daughter and her husband made the cookies: hot chocolate, peanut butter blossoms, shortbread blossoms, and peppermint brownies. I brought ChocolateRouge and candy, I told Mary to put the candy away, her son told me it was her favorite, we broke open the wine though! ;)

Played some games, opened the presents and home by 7:30. Good day!

Kathianne
12-25-2012, 09:17 PM
dammit! :lol:

Yep, was able to do the laugh at my own expense! :laugh:

jimnyc
12-25-2012, 09:19 PM
Merry Christmas from the Gabosaurus family!
Hope everyone is happy and not buried under too much snow (it was in the 60s here in sunny SoCal).

I am quite worn out at the present. So, even at just past 6 p.m., I am sitting around in flimsy pajamas.
Not that anyone on DP would want to see that. :poke:

And Merry Christmas to you guys too! Send me a few pictures and I'll decide if they were worth it. :slap:

I don't blame ya with the PJ's though. I'm about to get into sweats and go lounge, although it's 9 here, Christmas, families, kids and all the fun, eating... Has it's way of making us tired. Just me, some filet and some cake are going to go watch Cops repeats and get fat.

jimnyc
12-25-2012, 09:19 PM
dammit!

What's happening?

jimnyc
12-25-2012, 09:20 PM
Is is this, with the enter key in the posts? - http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?37751-Windows-8-and-Internet-Explorer-10-and-Vbulletin-4-2

Kathianne
12-25-2012, 09:22 PM
What's happening?

I'm sure it's my computer. I couldn't enter a smilie, I'm not mad, just pissed at the computer I can't replace. ;)

Kathianne
12-25-2012, 09:24 PM
I'm sure it's my computer. I couldn't enter a smilie, I'm not made, just pissed at the computer I can't replace. ;)

No, not new, I wish! LOL! It happens now and again. If I shut down and restart, probably will fix. :cheers2:

Now I was able to enter that smilie, so may be ok. I'll try one more time for the paragraphs, if not, oh well!