PDA

View Full Version : New Purchase!!

Nukeman
12-23-2012, 09:47 AM
Went to our local gun store, have been looking for a new handgun.. I was amazed how EMPTY his racks were. He only had about a 3rd of his usual stock. Asked him about that and he said its been nuts since the election but doubly so since the CT shooting. Everyone is afraid of limitations being placed on purchase of firearms.. Here's what I picked up.. Absolutely love it. Shoots pretty darn good Trigg did an awesome job..

Kathianne
12-23-2012, 09:52 AM
Went to our local gun store, have been looking for a new handgun.. I was amazed how EMPTY his racks were. He only had about a 3rd of his usual stock. Asked him about that and he said its been nuts since the election but doubly so since the CT shooting. Everyone is afraid of limitations being placed on purchase of firearms.. Here's what I picked up.. Absolutely love it. Shoots pretty darn good Trigg did an awesome job..

The reports on gun sales, back up the owner's response.

Nukeman
12-23-2012, 09:54 AM
Here's the first target we used.. Trigg got the only bulls-eye of the day... Still think there was good grouping for the 25-30 feet range.. She want's me to say she got another on the following target.. Don't have pics of that one...

Nukeman
12-23-2012, 09:55 AM
The reports on gun sales, back up the owner's response.ohh ya.. Its crazy!!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-23-2012, 11:06 AM

Very nice weapon, reliable and shoots good. You guys did well. Is the 40 or 45 caliber?
You guys did well on the targets too.-Tyr

cadet
12-23-2012, 11:22 AM
Here's the first target we used.. Trigg got the only bulls-eye of the day... Still think there was good grouping for the 25-30 feet range.. She want's me to say she got another on the following target.. Don't have pics of that one...

Don't worry dad, if someone ever comes into the house with dangerous intentions, just hand the gun to mom or me and we'll save you. :guns4:

Kathianne
12-23-2012, 11:33 AM
Don't worry dad, if someone ever comes into the house with dangerous intentions, just hand the gun to mom or me and we'll save you. :guns4:

LOL! You just earned a slap to the head!

logroller
12-23-2012, 01:41 PM
Very nice weapon, reliable and shoots good. You guys did well. Is the 40 or 45 caliber?
You guys did well on the targets too.-Tyr
Picture shown is a .22LR :dunno: guess they really were picked over.

aboutime
12-23-2012, 02:19 PM
Anyone notice how that new guy at CNN named Lemon is talking about Profiling White People?

Bet he carries a Concealed weapon...but doesn't want anybody to know.

I hope he gets to learn how the white people around him....tend to protect his RACIST BUTT, while his Black Homies would cut his throat for his GOLD TOOTH.

SassyLady
12-23-2012, 02:35 PM
Nice purchase, Nuke! I will be getting a new S&W M&P in January when I return to AZ. We are also looking at getting another shotgun ... I have two houses I need to arm because I don't like carrying guns back and forth....it's OK to have one out and loaded all the time AZ, but not in CA ... so I don't transport them. Feel very vulnerable if I'm driving in CA.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-23-2012, 03:39 PM
Picture shown is a .22LR :dunno: guess they really were picked over.
I'd want a heavier caliber but load that baby with 22 caliber CCI stingers and its something you surely do not want to get shot with. A good trained shooter could be quite deadly with a weapon even in the that caliber. -Tyr

SassyLady
12-23-2012, 03:47 PM

Here's my friend.

I keep snakeshot in it because it's the one I take when we go walking through the desert. My back up ammunition I carry, however, is .38. If I do run into some two legged, or four-legged varmits that don't run after using the snakeshot, then I will have some more serious backup.

The only problem with the Ruger is that it kicks violently so it's hard to fire several shots rapidly. Bought it because it's easy to conceal, but now getting used to the bigger/heavier guns and how to conceal them. Amazing how one can adapt when it's needed.

Nukeman
12-23-2012, 04:57 PM
Picture shown is a .22LR :dunno: guess they really were picked over.Yep its a 22LR. Is that a problem??? With NO kick to the 22, accuracy stays up and center mass is hit repeatedly!! I am still looking for the right 38 for my wife..

I can also plink all day long for a few dollars of 22lr. Using 45 ACP's or Colt ammo cost a pretty good penny. So I use this all day with the same weight and feel and improve accuracy for little money in bullets..

Trigg
12-23-2012, 05:46 PM

That's right Nuke, cadet and I are here to help you lol

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-23-2012, 05:57 PM
Yep its a 22LR. Is that a problem??? With NO kick to the 22, accuracy stays up and center mass is hit repeatedly!! I am still looking for the right 38 for my wife..

I can also plink all day long for a few dollars of 22lr. Using 45 ACP's or Colt ammo cost a pretty good penny. So I use this all day with the same weight and feel and improve accuracy for little money in bullets..

I do not see it as a problem at all . I used an R and G REVOLVER 22 CALIBER as a home protection gun for a dozen years.Kept it in the top drawer by my bedside within easy reach. Loaded in with CCI stingers and had no worries about it not being adequate. The pluses you already mentioned are valid too. Easy to shoot ,highly accurate and very reliable. I've had a lot of experience with shooting , buying and selling guns. Trust me , if an intruder ever faced that weapon inside my home back then he'd be just as dead as Napoleon! A big caliber is not any better if the shooter misses with it! Now I prefer my 45 cal Kimber because I shoot so well with it. Were I checking my backyard at night for a bad guy Id just as soon use my 22 caliber as my 45. Always shoot center mass in a home protection case unless you have amazingly accurate shooting abilities. I have those abilities and still would shoot three rounds center mass if ever forced to shoot a person in my home. -Tyr

SassyLady
12-23-2012, 07:59 PM
I do not see it as a problem at all . I used an R and G REVOLVER 22 CALIBER as a home protection gun for a dozen years.Kept it in the top drawer by my bedside within easy reach. Loaded in with CCI stingers and had no worries about it not being adequate. The pluses you already mentioned are valid too. Easy to shoot ,highly accurate and very reliable. I've had a lot of experience with shooting , buying and selling guns. Trust me , if an intruder ever faced that weapon inside my home back then he'd be just as dead as Napoleon! A big caliber is not any better if the shooter misses with it! Now I prefer my 45 cal Kimber because I shoot so well with it. Were I checking my backyard at night for a bad guy Id just as soon use my 22 caliber as my 45. Always shoot center mass in a home protection case unless you have amazingly accurate shooting abilities. I have those abilities and still would shoot three rounds center mass if ever forced to shoot a person in my home. -Tyr

I can't imagine anyone getting into my home without adequate warning. I'm off the road, in a gated property, with dusk/dawn lighting with motion detectors, dogs and ADT security that is not connected to electrical grid.

If someone gets in past all this ... then I will shoot at any part of them I can see ... not sure if it will be center mass .... but I definitely will not try to aim for any specific part of the body.

Oh ... and I have panic alarm on my headboard that goes direct to alarm company and means ... send police now ... do not wait to call me and see if it was accident.

My home in AZ is surrounded by multitudes of various cactus, coyotes, rattlesnakes ... is at end of dead end road on four acres .... with same security system.

I think I've got it covered.

Tyr ... when I'm checking for things that go bump in the night ... dog goes first and then me and Ruger.

SassyLady
12-23-2012, 08:15 PM
Here's a great info video on my revolver - Ruger LCR .38 Special

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BmpQqtBAVc

and the shotgun I want:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_o3YsUVAyQ&list=UUvB3solmhqtgDeLpD-yTtfg&index=12

Robert A Whit
12-23-2012, 09:34 PM
Nice purchase, Nuke! I will be getting a new S&W M&P in January when I return to AZ. We are also looking at getting another shotgun ... I have two houses I need to arm because I don't like carrying guns back and forth....it's OK to have one out and loaded all the time AZ, but not in CA ... so I don't transport them. Feel very vulnerable if I'm driving in CA.

Do you happen to know the crime rate for murder in AZ? I can't search since I got the redirect virus. I am in the midst of trying to fix my problem

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-23-2012, 09:45 PM

and the shotgun I want:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_o3YsUVAyQ&list=UUvB3solmhqtgDeLpD-yTtfg&index=12

I want that gun!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for posting the video!--Tyr

Robert A Whit
12-23-2012, 09:48 PM

and the shotgun I want:

I have an idea for a sign on your place.

Criminals welcome. Come on in and get your shots.

Care of Riger pr UT. Cool videos.

I once owned a Ruger .357 mag pistol. 6 shot revolver.

SassyLady
12-23-2012, 10:23 PM
I have an idea for a sign on your place.

Criminals welcome. Come on in and get your shots.

Care of Riger pr UT. Cool videos.

I once owned a Ruger .357 mag pistol. 6 shot revolver.

I don't own the shotgun ... yet. Still looking and came across the UTS ... light, short with possible 12-14 shots.

SassyLady
12-23-2012, 10:23 PM

Which one? Do you think anyone might think the shotgun is an assault rifle?

logroller
12-24-2012, 04:26 AM

Here's my friend.

I keep snakeshot in it because it's the one I take when we go walking through the desert. My back up ammunition I carry, however, is .38. If I do run into some two legged, or four-legged varmits that don't run after using the snakeshot, then I will have some more serious backup.

The only problem with the Ruger is that it kicks violently so it's hard to fire several shots rapidly. Bought it because it's easy to conceal, but now getting used to the bigger/heavier guns and how to conceal them. Amazing how one can adapt when it's needed.
I'd stack snake shot in the number one, then follow it with a hollow point then a double ball. No need for a backup weapon...if that doesn't work, I'd be running.

transport of firearms is covered by federal law, not state. I know I've posted the fed laws here before--locked in a case satisfies. Btw, love the nail polish!

Yep its a 22LR. Is that a problem??? With NO kick to the 22, accuracy stays up and center mass is hit repeatedly!! I am still looking for the right 38 for my wife..

Is it a problem??? not for me, not my gun. Depends on what you use it for. For training, youre right to choose a cheap round.... plinking targets a 22 is fine-- that's the caliber I learned on. I have the same weapon chambered in 10mm-- which is stupid expensive to shoot; but I don't need to practice with it any more, as after afew hundred rounds I know what it does (and I'm 50/50 on hundred yard gongs)-- twenty rounds at a month keeps me fit. If its just working on your aim...enjoy. But for personal defense-- there are physical limitations to what a 22LR can do against human target. It's stopping power that counts for what I carry; but I have a 22 too, its just not what I'd keep by my bedside.
Here's mine. http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o25/pogo2/ColtDeltaGoldCup15.jpg

I disagree... strongly. I would not feel comfortable with a 22lr. Ive seen somebody shot by one and, although it wasn't center of mass, it was anything but disabling. I suppose if well placed it could be, but id rather not stake my life on it and I'm no slouch in the accuracy dept. regardless of caliber, the round is going to go where the gun is pointed-- thats with any weapon. if you know the weapon, you'll be more accurate. I'm not saying that you need a hand cannon, but I'd want to know that if go double on the body that I know the weapon I use will diffuse the threat. I just don't believe that 22 LR will deliver.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-24-2012, 10:42 AM
Here's mine. http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o25/pogo2/ColtDeltaGoldCup15.jpg

I disagree... strongly. I would not feel comfortable with a 22lr. Ive seen somebody shot by one and, although it wasn't center of mass, it was anything but disabling. I suppose if well placed it could be, but id rather not stake my life on it and I'm no slouch in the accuracy dept. regardless of caliber, the round is going to go where the gun is pointed-- thats with any weapon. if you know the weapon, you'll be more accurate. I'm not saying that you need a hand cannon, but I'd want to know that if go double on the body that I know the weapon I use will diffuse the threat. I just don't believe that 22 LR will deliver.

Just a matter of preference and shooting ability in my opinion. Biggest reason for a larger caliber is the case where its more that one intruder inside the home and the need to drop 'em quickly and permanently with one shot becomes vastly greater! And that's why I moved up the the 45 caliber Kimber. I also have a fine shotgun loaded just right for intruders. However , back when I used that 22 caliber my plan was always three rounds center mass and a fourth one to the head! My confidence in my ability and the actual reality of that shooting ability made it a good plan that may not translate to those with less experience and abilities. Trust me I've shot lots of game with 22 caliber CCI stingers and I seen firsthand what it does when it enters and when it exits! Its wicked..
Remember a wounded intruder tends to sue the hell out of you if possible but the stone cold dead ones not so much..-;)
As far as venturing outside to investigate something at night I suggest a short barrel 12 gauge pump shotgun loaded with the first round being 00 buckshot next round slug and alternated until the loading magazine is at full capacity. The pump is more reliable for repeated shooting because it has less of a chance of jamming.
Whats supremely important is to use a gun that you can handle and handle well.
Nobody has given me cause to shoot them but should it ever come about the safest bet is to shoot center mass(center chest) with several rounds and do so without hesitation! Making a confirmed decision to do so beforehand saves lives -that of the homeowner and family.
Of course one absolutely must identify the intruder as a true threat before shooting! I've never understood how or why people shoot their own family members by mistake , other than just ignorance or blind panic. Back in the mid 70's one of my younger brothers was drunk and trying to force my backdoor at about 3 am (he didn't live with me). I got up, grab my shotgun and went to investigate. Didn't shoot him because I properly identified the threat. I did threaten to beat his ass be he drunk or not should he ever do that again! He never again made that mistake. -Tyr

Robert A Whit
12-24-2012, 12:05 PM
I don't own the shotgun ... yet. Still looking and came across the UTS ... light, short with possible 12-14 shots.

Looks to me like a weapon with real stopping power. I like to shoot for fun too. So one can use the low cost .22 cal ammo for fun. As Tyr says, the .22 cal will still kill a person provided the right place is aimed at. I prefer not to kill somebody, just send them packing with wounds and a blood trail that dogs can follow.

Robert A Whit
12-24-2012, 12:12 PM
And Sen Feinstein wants the USA to suffer equally with CA.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-24-2012, 01:29 PM
Which one? Do you think anyone might think the shotgun is an assault rifle?

The shotgun of course! Looks to be a wickedly great weapon. -Tyr

Robert A Whit
12-24-2012, 03:09 PM
The shotgun of course! Looks to be a wickedly great weapon. -Tyr

A lot of people put up signs that they have a dangerous dog on the property.

Do you believe one should post the home with a sign warning that a criminal can be shot for committing a crime?

SassyLady
12-24-2012, 07:03 PM
Hey Log .... I was wondering if anyone would comment on the polish. Took that picture right after killing a rattlesnake and someone asked what I killed it with. Took the picture without giving it the proper background to point out its awesomeness!!

When I said I carried backup ... what I meant was the gun is pre-loaded with snake shot, but I carry .38 ammo in hiking pack in case the snake shot isn't enough. I don't carry a second weapon.........can barely keep track of the one!! I think I'll take your suggestion ... probably put snake shot just in first two slots ... it took me two shots at the snake to satisfy myself it was actually dead.

Also, I know that I can transport arms if they are locked .... but what good does it do me to have it locked in trunk....might as well not have it in the vehicle at all. Certainly cannot take it out of trunk and put in my purse to walk into the rest area .... well, I guess I could and just hope I don't have to use it ... wouldn't want anyone to know that I had it out of the unlocked trunk/box.

My point is ... what good does it do me to have the gun in the vehicle if it has to stay locked up, unloaded and the ammo not locked in the same box? Crazy!

jafar00
12-24-2012, 11:00 PM

Meh, I want one of these! :D

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/6/6f/PDVD_002.JPG/600px-PDVD_002.JPG

SassyLady
12-25-2012, 02:27 AM
Meh, I want one of these! :D

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/6/6f/PDVD_002.JPG/600px-PDVD_002.JPG

I think she's already spoken for! In all honesty, when a gun is bigger than me, it's useless.

jafar00
12-25-2012, 02:59 AM
I think she's already spoken for! In all honesty, when a gun is bigger than me, it's useless.

Touche :clap:

In reality, the only thing I need to shoot or will ever shoot here in Sydney is pictures.

http://img.viame-cdn.com/photos/82b65ee0-f8c7-012f-4626-1231380f38b9/r600x600.jpg

tailfins
12-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Touche :clap:

In reality, the only thing I need to shoot or will ever shoot here in Sydney is pictures.

That may be, but you have no place disparaging those who do enjoy shooting/repairing firearms.

Little-Acorn
12-25-2012, 02:29 PM

I can't hit the broad side of a barn with one of those things. Obviously the gun's fault, it couldn't be that I'm a bad shot or anything. :coffee:
OTOH, the Taurus/Beretta 92 line fits my hand like it grew there. Drilled a 9V battery with mine way, way back. Definitely the one for me.

And there's always the Mossberg 12ga with its rifled barrel and solid slugs, for those who didn't get the Taurus's message. It's surprisingly accurate out to 300 yds or so. - a nice way to get around the meaningless DD restriction. Kicks like a mule, tho. And that's on the friendly end.

Only if conditions become a lot worse than they are now, do I ever expect to really need them. But I can't guarantee that won't happen.

aboutime
12-25-2012, 06:24 PM
That may be, but you have no place disparaging those who do enjoy shooting/repairing firearms.

tailfins. Let him go. As an Old Retired Sailor. I saw that craft jafar likes as a Target for a MK 6 Torpedo. If he doesn't like guns, or people who use them. I'd like to see him argue with a LOS ANGELES CLASS NUKE SUBMARINE.

logroller
12-25-2012, 06:40 PM
I can't hit the broad side of a barn with one of those things. Obviously the gun's fault, it couldn't be that I'm a bad shot or anything. :coffee:
OTOH, the Taurus/Beretta 92 line fits my hand like it grew there. Drilled a 9V battery with mine way, way back. Definitely the one for me.

And there's always the Mossberg 12ga with its rifled barrel and solid slugs, for those who didn't get the Taurus's message. It's surprisingly accurate out to 300 yds or so. - a nice way to get around the meaningless DD restriction. Kicks like a mule, tho. And that's on the friendly end.

Only if conditions become a lot worse than they are now, do I ever expect to really need them. But I can't guarantee that won't happen.

Kicks like a mule. :laugh: No doubt. Reduced kick was obviously not a design constraint for 12 gauge magnum. I once fired a .50 cal competition rifle and I swear I lost consciousness for a second. A year later I heard that same weapon had catastrophic failure and the bolt went through the owner's shoulder. Talk about kills on one end and mutilates on the other. Luckily off-duty paramedics were on scene and salvaged his arm. Scary though, knowing I used that same weapon.

PostmodernProphet
12-25-2012, 11:01 PM
my son's girlfriend gave him free lessons for a concealed carry permit for Christmas.....

jafar00
12-26-2012, 02:50 AM
tailfins. Let him go. As an Old Retired Sailor. I saw that craft jafar likes as a Target for a MK 6 Torpedo. If he doesn't like guns, or people who use them. I'd like to see him argue with a LOS ANGELES CLASS NUKE SUBMARINE.

I did my time in the army. I fired M16, M203, M60, SLR, AR, Steyr, Browning 9mm. I've thrown grenades, set off claymores etc....

Guns have their place. It's just not in the street.

aboutime
12-26-2012, 03:56 PM
I did my time in the army. I fired M16, M203, M60, SLR, AR, Steyr, Browning 9mm. I've thrown grenades, set off claymores etc....

Guns have their place. It's just not in the street.

You should be telling your friends in HAMAS, and the Brotherhood that. Not us.

Not one member of this forum has ever fired a Rocket into Israel and cheered, while yelling ALLAH AKBAR!

jafar00
12-26-2012, 06:51 PM
You should be telling your friends in HAMAS, and the Brotherhood that. Not us.

Not one member of this forum has ever fired a Rocket into Israel and cheered, while yelling ALLAH AKBAR!

If I was living in a warzone too, I would probably need/have a gun to defend myself. But I don't.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-26-2012, 06:56 PM
A lot of people put up signs that they have a dangerous dog on the property.

Do you believe one should post the home with a sign warning that a criminal can be shot for committing a crime?

No posting, no warning... I believe in letting 'em find out the hard way!--;)--Tyr