PDA

View Full Version : Debate Policy President

JLO
05-28-2007, 07:55 PM
If we had a president for this site who would you elect? You cannot elect yourself! (They have to be someone on this site)

TheSage
05-28-2007, 08:24 PM
I nominate myself. I have been the most impactful member for a long time. though denied official power, my leadership is indispensable. While many on here represent corporations and the government, I represent the people of the U.S.

I rock hard.

:dance:

JLO
05-28-2007, 08:26 PM
I nominate myself. I have been the most impactful member for a long time. though denied official power, my leadership is indispensable. While many on here represent corporations and the government, I represent the people of the U.S.

I rock hard.

Did you not read the message! YOU CANNOT ELECT YOURSELF! :drillsarge:

Said1
05-28-2007, 08:26 PM
No you don't. I do, peon. :laugh2:

TheSage
05-28-2007, 08:27 PM
No you don't. I do, peon. :laugh2:

Ok. I vote for you!

TheSage
05-28-2007, 08:28 PM
Did you not read the message! YOU CANNOT ELECT YOURSELF! :drillsarge:

That's a dumb system.

I nominate said1. OR dilloduck if she's too busy.

Said1
05-28-2007, 08:29 PM
We should all nominate ourselves. Mess this thread's shit up good.

shattered
05-28-2007, 08:31 PM
President for what? It's a message board.

TheSage
05-28-2007, 08:32 PM
We should all nominate ourselves. Mess this thread's shit up good.

It seems like you're not really taking democracy seriously.:laugh2:

Said1
05-28-2007, 08:32 PM
I'm not sure.

I saw a struggle for power and jumped right in.

Said1
05-28-2007, 08:33 PM
It seems like you're not really taking democracy seriously.:laugh2:

International anarchy, man. Like totally far out.

JLO
05-28-2007, 08:34 PM

Well someone could organize and keep track of the posts? IF anyone has an arguement they can take it up with the president?

shattered
05-28-2007, 08:34 PM
I'll vote for whomever puts into place IQ, and coherency rules for posting.

shattered
05-28-2007, 08:35 PM
Well someone could organize and keep track of the posts? IF anyone has an arguement they can take it up with the president?

Well, we have Mods/Admin.. If you don't like their response, you go to Jimmy. I guess he'd be the President, eh?

Said1
05-28-2007, 08:35 PM

More bureacracy? I nominate you for EU leadership.

TheSage
05-28-2007, 08:36 PM

I think the president should have unlimited flaming rights.

I also nominate pale rider, and myself, one more time. And kathianne.

JLO
05-28-2007, 08:37 PM
Well, we have Mods/Admin.. If you don't like their response, you go to Jimmy. I guess he'd be the President, eh?

That is true, so I guess this is just for fun to see how people feel about each other

Said1
05-28-2007, 08:38 PM
I think the president should have unlimited flaming rights.

I also nominate pale rider, and myself, one more time. And kathianne.

Let's reinstate Arch jsut so we can nominate him, then ban him again.

shattered
05-28-2007, 08:44 PM
That is true, so I guess this is just for fun to see how people feel about each other

Those that are friends talk in PMs. Those that don't, are fair game to be eaten at whim.

5stringJeff
05-28-2007, 08:48 PM
I nominate John Doe (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=181)

JLO
05-28-2007, 08:49 PM
I nominate John Doe (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=181)

Good one! :laugh2:

nevadamedic
05-28-2007, 08:53 PM

:clap:

nevadamedic
05-28-2007, 08:59 PM

Since it's Jimmy's board doesn't that make him like the Dictator?

Doniston
05-28-2007, 09:45 PM
If we had a president for this site who would you elect? You cannot elect yourself! (They have to be someone on this site) I nominate Glockmail.

glockmail
05-28-2007, 09:48 PM
Manu or gaffer.

Baron Von Esslingen
05-29-2007, 12:44 AM
Lily gets my vote.

Doniston
05-29-2007, 11:40 AM
Lily gets my vote. I might even agree with that.

TheSage
05-29-2007, 12:05 PM
Manu or gaffer.

Two big fags, not a good choice.

Gunny
05-29-2007, 12:11 PM
Lily gets my vote.

Great. Wouldn't be long before we had to be members of the soon to follow board union and have to pay dues.

KarlMarx
05-29-2007, 12:11 PM
I think that the United Nations should take over the board. :)

Gunny
05-29-2007, 12:15 PM
I think that the United Nations should take over the board. :)

Like the UN could EVER make a decision what to do with it ....:laugh2:

KarlMarx
05-29-2007, 12:29 PM
The way it's done now

1. Member misbehaves
2. Member gets banned

The way it will be done once the UN takes over the board
1. Member misbehaves
2. UN convenes a special session
3. UN puts together a resolution condemning the member and giving him a deadline to get his $hit together
4. Member misbehaves
5. The UN puts together another resolution condemning the member in more flowery language and giving him another deadline to get his $hit together and this time they mean it
6. UN sends Hans Blix and his merry band of inspectors to member's home to verify that member is living up the resolution
7. Member refuses to have Hans and the inspectors in, and sends them home.
8. The Russians and the Chinese are found supplying the said member in violation of the UN resolution

(several years and a dozen resolutions later)

7. A US president decides to unilaterally ban the member
8. UN Secretary General calls the ban illegal
9. Member was found bribing members of the security council with rep points
10. House and Senate Democrats pass a non binding resolution condemning US President for banning member
11. The Senate passes a bill that reinstates the member and has $20 billion dollars in spending resolution for spinach farmers, shrimp fisherman and other non related items
12. The United Nations passes another resolution that states that unless the member gets his $hit together, they will have to send him a very stern private message.
13. Michael Moore does a documentary tying Debate Policy to Haliburton and Fox News

(sometime later)
14. Nancy Pelosi flies in on her custom made Boeing 777 and attempts to make a back door deal with the banned member claiming that the Israeli Prime Minister personally handed her an envelope detailing the specifics of the peace agreement

Gunny
05-29-2007, 12:36 PM
The way it's done now

1. Member misbehaves
2. Member gets banned

The way it will be done once the UN takes over the board
1. Member misbehaves
2. UN convenes a special session
3. UN puts together a resolution condemning the member and giving him a deadline to get his $hit together
4. Member misbehaves
5. The UN puts together another resolution condemning the member in more flowery language and giving him another deadline to get his $hit together and this time they mean it
6. UN sends Hans Blix and his merry band of inspectors to member's home to verify that member is living up the resolution
7. Member refuses to have Hans and the inspectors in, and sends them home.
8. The Russians and the Chinese are found supplying the said member in violation of the UN resolution

(several years and a dozen resolutions later)

7. A US president decides to unilaterally ban the member
8. UN Secretary General calls the ban illegal
9. Member was found bribing members of the security council with rep points
10. House and Senate Democrats pass a non binding resolution condemning US President for banning member
11. The Senate passes a bill that reinstates the member and has $20 billion dollars in spending resolution for spinach farmers, shrimp fisherman and other non related items
12. The United Nations passes another resolution that states that unless the member gets his $hit together, they will have to send him a very stern private message.
13. Michael Moore does a documentary tying Debate Policy to Haliburton and Fox News

(sometime later)
14. Nancy Pelosi flies in on her custom made Boeing 777 and attempts to make a back door deal with the banned member claiming that the Israeli Prime Minister personally handed her an envelope detailing the specifics of the peace agreement

:cheers2:

Abbey Marie
05-29-2007, 12:58 PM
Hugo Chavez. Such a big teddy bear!

KarlMarx
05-29-2007, 01:00 PM
Hugo Chavez. Such a big teddy bear!
How about Vladimir Putin? Instead of banning members, he'd have them assassinated with Polonium

glockmail
05-29-2007, 01:49 PM
Two big fags, not a good choice. You have a habit of being wrong, don't you?

:laugh2:

TheSage
05-29-2007, 01:49 PM
You have a habit of being wrong, don't you?

:laugh2:

No. I make a habit of whipping you senseless. you're a hard habit to break.:fu:

Pale Rider
05-29-2007, 01:58 PM
The person with the most posts should be president. Second most, v.p., and so on. That way, if you wanted to be president of the board, get your post count to the top and you will be.

glockmail
05-29-2007, 02:02 PM
No. I make a habit of whipping you senseless. you're a hard habit to break.:fu:
:laugh2: Any judges on that here? :laugh2:

glockmail
05-29-2007, 02:03 PM
The person with the most posts should be president. Second most, v.p., and so on. That way, if you wanted to be president of the board, get your post count to the top and you will be. Shouldn't it be rep points instead?

nevadamedic
05-29-2007, 02:16 PM
:laugh2: Any judges on that here? :laugh2:

Huh?

nevadamedic
05-29-2007, 02:17 PM

The UN is a worthless orginization that cant get anything done.

TheSage
05-29-2007, 02:18 PM
Huh?

uh, oh, looks like head trauma! What day is it?:coffee:

Doniston
05-29-2007, 03:55 PM
The person with the most posts should be president. Second most, v.p., and so on. That way, if you wanted to be president of the board, get your post count to the top and you will be. and it's SO importatt to have the most posts (doesn't matter what is in them, just so you have the most. ) RIGHT?

gabosaurus
05-29-2007, 05:21 PM
DP doesn't have a president. There are some who believe they are dictator, though.

I would vote for Abbey. She is extremely intelligent and (unlike many others) can present an argument without using insults and degrading comments.
Plus, it would be fun to have a female president of a board full of male chauvinists. :laugh2:

nevadamedic
05-29-2007, 05:24 PM
and it's SO importatt to have the most posts (doesn't matter what is in them, just so you have the most. ) RIGHT?

Does everything have to be an attack?

gabosaurus
05-29-2007, 05:36 PM
Some people enjoy attacks. They can't get their point across through intelligent means.

05-29-2007, 05:52 PM
Some people enjoy attacks. They can't get their point across through intelligent means.

That may be the way you handle things, but that doesnt make it right.

Guernicaa
05-29-2007, 06:43 PM
loosecannon:clap:

Doniston
05-29-2007, 07:17 PM
Does everything have to be an attack?
With Pale, if I had simply said "I disagree", it would have had the same impact) So why not be accurate???

Kathianne
05-29-2007, 07:22 PM
loosecannon:clap:

Reagan :clap: :clap::clap:

Which proves what for either of us?

nevadamedic
05-29-2007, 07:40 PM
With Pale, if I had simply said "I disagree", it would have had the same impact) So why not be accurate???

Not if you explain the reasons why you disagree.

glockmail
05-29-2007, 08:02 PM
DP doesn't have a president. There are some who believe they are dictator, though.

I would vote for Abbey. She is extremely intelligent and (unlike many others) can present an argument without using insults and degrading comments.
Plus, it would be fun to have a female president of a board full of male chauvinists. :laugh2:

Who are you calling chauvinist, sweet cheeks? :laugh2:

nevadamedic
05-29-2007, 08:04 PM
Who are you calling chauvinist, sweet cheeks? :laugh2:

I think she's refering to the Liberal males on here :laugh2:

shattered
05-29-2007, 08:49 PM
The person with the most posts should be president. Second most, v.p., and so on. That way, if you wanted to be president of the board, get your post count to the top and you will be.

Can we change it to rep points? I don't post much, but I get lotsa points. :)

Doniston
05-29-2007, 09:50 PM
Not if you explain the reasons why you disagree. I have not found that to be true.

nevadamedic
05-29-2007, 09:58 PM
I have not found that to be true.

Because you dont sit here and give answers or explinations just attacks.

Doniston
05-30-2007, 10:01 AM
Because you dont sit here and give answers or explinations just attacks. Not true. (see here is a good example. There is no purpose served to tell you why it is not true. so I don't mince words.)

darin
05-30-2007, 10:48 AM
Women are typically Horrible leaders. Especially liberal women. Liberal women are perhaps the most inept of the species.

krisy
05-30-2007, 11:01 AM
Women are typically Horrible leaders. Especially liberal women. Liberal women are perhaps the most inept of the species.

Except when it comes to running households :thanks:

manu1959
05-30-2007, 11:03 AM

rep for that......my wife could run the entire world

krisy
05-30-2007, 11:13 AM
rep for that......my wife could run the entire world

A lot of wives/moms could. Key word...moms. WE are multitasking,house cleaning,bill paying,report card signing,boo boo kissing,errand running,dog and cat feeding,and in some cases working, machines

You men are great too,tho. My hubby works very hard

manu1959
05-30-2007, 11:16 AM
A lot of wives/moms could. Key word...moms. WE are multitasking,house cleaning,bill paying,report card signing,boo boo kissing,errand running,dog and cat feeding,and in some cases working, machines

You men are great too,tho. My hubby works very hard

my wife works 7 days a week from 7 till 10 every day ....

theHawk
05-30-2007, 11:25 AM

Gee I wonder who those people are? :laugh2:

gabosaurus
05-30-2007, 11:31 AM
There are DP members who are single by necessity. No female could ever live with them.
Or perhaps they tried and left in hysterics. :laugh2:

darin
05-30-2007, 11:32 AM

That's 'managing'...not 'leading' :D

(and I mostly replied like that to get a couple of the Feminazis here stirred up)

:D

theHawk
05-30-2007, 03:39 PM
Maybe we could have a mock election. Have two nominees run against each other. Have them all answer the same questions from a list on a wide variety of topics like in a debate. Then have them ask each other a few questions. Then afterwards have a general poll to see who wins.

JLO
05-30-2007, 03:56 PM
Maybe we could have a mock election. Have two nominees run against each other. Have them all answer the same questions from a list on a wide variety of topics like in a debate. Then have them ask each other a few questions. Then afterwards have a general poll to see who wins.

WOW! This thread is more popular than I thought it would be! But good ideas!