PDA

View Full Version : Merry Muzzie Christmas

taft2012
12-26-2012, 12:43 PM
http://www.france24.com/en/20121225-nigeria-christmas-church-attack-shooting-fire

Gunmen killed six people attending midnight mass at a church in northern Nigeria on Christmas Eve, police and residents confirmed on Tuesday.

“A group of gunmen came into the village at midnight and went straight to the church... they opened fire on them, killing the pastor and five worshippers. They then set fire to the church," said Usman Mansir, resident of Peri village, near Potiskum, the economic capital of Yobe state.

Mansir specified that a branch of the Evangelical Church of West Africa (ECWA) was the congregation that was targeted.
A senior police official in Yobe confirmed the details to AFP, but declined to be named.

Boko Haram Islamists have carried out several attacks in Yobe, which borders the state of Maiduguri, where the insurgent group is based.

The Islamists are blamed for killing hundreds of people in northern Nigeria since 2009. It was not clear who was behind the latest violence.

aboutime
12-26-2012, 03:31 PM
Another wonderful story about the RELIGION OF PEACE????

How safe was jafar's day, half way around the world...away from his Brotherhood buddies with all kinds of names?

jafar00
12-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Like most attacks in Nigeria, it was probably payback for something that happened earlier. Nigeria is a real mess.

(Reuters) - Gangs of armed youths in the volatile Nigerian city of Jos attacked Muslims as they gathered to celebrate the last day of Ramadan on Monday, killing a number of them and burning their cars, witnesses and the military said.
The city, which lies between the country's mostly Muslim north and the predominantly Christian south, has been a flash point for ethnic and sectarian tensions between the two faiths.
If the violence worsens or triggers reprisals, it may prove another major headache for President Goodluck Jonathan, whose security forces are already stretched by daily attacks from an Islamist sect in the northeast, which also claimed Friday's deadly bomb attack on the U.N. offices in Abuja that killed 23.
"The Muslim faithful went for their Eid prayers and on completion of the prayers they were trapped by the youths in that area," Brigadier General Hassan Umaru, commander of the military Special Task Force keeping security in Jos, told Reuters by telephone.
"They burned some cars, quite a number a of cars. The number of people killed, I can't give that yet. We are still checking with local hospital sources," he added. He said there had been several deaths.
Witnesses said Christian youths set up road blocks and attacked Muslims as they gathered in Jos's Gada Biu and Rukuba areas, shooting a number of them dead.
A Reuters witness saw several bodies. At least one was charred after being set alight.
Umaru said the youths had since been "pacified."
Nigeria has a roughly equal Christian-Muslim mix.
More than 200 ethnic groups live side by side in the West African country. Though generally peaceful, Nigeria has seen periodic bouts of religious violence, with Jos in particular showing a tendency to flare up.
At least 80 people were killed in bombings there last December 24 and clashes between Muslim and Christian youths.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/29/us-nigeria-violence-jos-idUSTRE77S6Q520110829

Marcus Aurelius
12-27-2012, 08:09 AM
Like most attacks in Nigeria, it was probably payback for something that happened earlier...

Which excuses it in your mind. Sad.

fj1200
12-27-2012, 08:14 AM

And by extension you excuse the actions by "Christians"?

Marcus Aurelius
12-27-2012, 08:38 AM

Really? I do? Please show me where I said so, or made any excuses for their actions like Jahil just did for the Muslims.

I'll wait...

dumb ass.

fj1200
12-27-2012, 09:22 AM
Really? I do? Please show me where I said so, or made any excuses for their actions like Jahil just did for the Muslims.

I'll wait...

dumb ass.

Considering that you didn't denounce them for their actions, you know... excusing by omission. It was all wrapped up in where I asked, "by extension... ?"

So you do denounce senseless violence then regardless of perpetrators?

Gaffer
12-27-2012, 09:55 AM

Show me where, in the article, it said anything about it being a retaliation or that the Christians brought it on themselves. This "they did it too" business is getting ridiculous. "They did it too" is not an argument. It's an excuse. In fact, it's a juvenile response because you don't have any facts to back it up. It's a simple report of muzzies attempting to intimidate people in an area of Africa just as they have done for a 1000 years.

fj1200
12-27-2012, 10:08 AM
Show me where, in the article, it said anything about it being a retaliation or that the Christians brought it on themselves. This "they did it too" business is getting ridiculous. "They did it too" is not an argument. It's an excuse. In fact, it's a juvenile response because you don't have any facts to back it up. It's a simple report of muzzies attempting to intimidate people in an area of Africa just as they have done for a 1000 years.

The Islamists are blamed for killing hundreds of people in northern Nigeria since 2009. It was not clear who was behind the latest violence.

You're right, it is an excuse, and I also notice that Jafar went back over a year to pull his story. Nevertheless senseless violence should be denounced no matter who commits it.

Marcus Aurelius
12-27-2012, 10:18 AM
Considering that you didn't denounce them for their actions, you know... excusing by omission. It was all wrapped up in where I asked, "by extension... ?"

So you do denounce senseless violence then regardless of perpetrators?

In the context of this thread, I was unaware that simply not denouncing something indicated support for it. For example, you have not denounced the Holocaust, therefore by extension, you support/approve of what happened. See how stupid that 'by extension' stuff sounds now, dumb ass?

fj1200
12-27-2012, 10:50 AM
In the context of this thread, I was unaware that simply not denouncing something indicated support for it. For example, you have not denounced the Holocaust, therefore by extension, you support/approve of what happened. See how stupid that 'by extension' stuff sounds now, dumb ass?

The context of the thread changed when Jafar posted his story and then you directly stepped in it quoted it. BTW, I already denounced senseless violence.

fj1200
12-27-2012, 10:58 AM
Nigeria: Five Things To Know About Religious Violence (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/14/nigeria-religious-violence_n_1672693.html)

Here are five things to know about the violence in Nigeria.

1. This is not simply a Muslim-Christian conflict.

While Muslims and Christians are attacking each other, the combatants also divide along ethnic and cultural lines, and grievances often have little to do with religion.

"Religion is part of the mix, but it's very much linked in with political, ethnic, justice and poverty issues as well," said Claire Amos, a World Council of Churches official who recently visited the country to assess the crisis.

One of the main fault lines divides Muslim nomadic herders and Christian farmers. The groups clash as the herders migrate through farmland, Amos said. "It's of course an archetypal tension. It's the basic story of the conflict between Cain and Abel."

2. A growing desert makes matters worse.

3. The militant Islamist group Boko Haram is a menace, but its role is often mischaracterized.

Boko Haram, which envisions a purely Islamic society, has exploited the frustrations of pious Muslims who struggle to live faithfully in a society that is rife with corruption and that happens to be led by a Christian president.

According to the congressionally charted United States Institute of Peace, "since August 2011 Boko Haram has planted bombs almost weekly in public or in churches in Nigeria's northeast."
But many who study the conflict say portrayals of Boko Haram as the Nigerian version of al-Qaida oversimplify the crisis.

"Boko Haram is very local, and linking them to a global jihadi movement is irresponsible," said Qamar-ul Huda, of USIP's Religion and Peacemaking Center. "They may have similar tactics and techniques, but they're not global and they don't even have a global ideology."

4. Oil is flowing in Nigeria

Some look at the wretched poverty and say oil in the Niger Delta is a bane to the country. That's an overstatement, said Huda, but among many Nigerians there persists the view that oil isn't doing the nation much good.

"The frustration is that after more than 10 years of civilian rule, the political and economic institutions are still weak, and authorities are not able to maneuver a great prosperity for people," Huda said.

That sense of helplessness and deprivation breeds violence not only in the aggrieved Delta area, but in other parts of the nation where Muslim-Christian tensions are already high, he said.

5. If you're not in Nigeria, you can still do something about the crisis.

Marcus Aurelius
12-27-2012, 10:59 AM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=602226#post602226)

The context of the thread changed when Jafar posted his story and then you directly stepped in it quoted it. BTW, I already denounced senseless violence.

Maybe for Jahil it did, but not for anyone else.

As I stated, I was unaware that simply not denouncing something indicated support for it. Perhaps that is a forum rule I am unaware of?

fj1200
12-27-2012, 11:04 AM

If that makes you feel better because we all know that only the "muzzies" can do evil deeds around here. :rolleyes:

Marcus Aurelius
12-27-2012, 11:14 AM
If that makes you feel better because we all know that only the "muzzies" can do evil deeds around here. :rolleyes:

your 'by extension' mentality is really a little, well, unintelligent to say the least. Evil is evil, regardless of who does it. The fact that not every poster comes out and say that in every post they make, does NOT mean they condone evil in some cases.

fj1200
12-27-2012, 11:17 AM
your 'by extension' mentality is really a little, well, unintelligent to say the least. Evil is evil, regardless of who does it. The fact that not every poster comes out and say that in every post they make, does NOT mean they condone evil in some cases.

So you finally get around to denouncing violence by all groups in Nigeria. :clap:

Marcus Aurelius
12-27-2012, 11:24 AM
So you finally get around to denouncing violence by all groups in Nigeria. :clap:

you're not very bright,are you.

fj1200
12-27-2012, 12:06 PM
you're not very bright,are you.

Considering that you find it necessary to resort to denigrating when someone has the audacity of challenging your position... I'd say I've got your number.

Marcus Aurelius
12-27-2012, 12:33 PM
Considering that you find it necessary to resort to denigrating when someone has the audacity of challenging your position... I'd say I've got your number.

You're seriously challenging the position that if someone doesn't specifically post that they are against something or find something abhorrent... they are actually for it or approve of it.

That argument is as stupid as you are.

you're boring us.

aboutime
12-27-2012, 02:33 PM
You're seriously challenging the position that if someone doesn't specifically post that they are against something or find something abhorrent... they are actually for it or approve of it.

you're boring us.

Marcus. Sounds like the ONE, LONE, ABSOLUTE, and TOTAL AUTHORITY here is the self-proclaimed fj, who knows everything there is to know, and no other person should ever bother offering an opinion that goes against the 'fj' genius.
Which makes me wonder. If fj is such a learned, absolute authority on this topic. Why hasn't the Obama administration reached out to fj, and appointed him KING?

fj1200
12-27-2012, 02:41 PM

you're boring us.

Naw, just pointing out that you pretty much did what you accused Jafar of doing. Not that you would admit to it though. ;)

Why hasn't the Obama administration reached out to fj, and appointed him KING?

Because BO doesn't want the competition. Besides, I would rule as a benevolent dictator. :cool:

Marcus Aurelius
12-27-2012, 02:57 PM
Naw, just pointing out that you pretty much did what you accused Jafar of doing. Not that you would admit to it though. ;)

you're really not very good at this.

Jahil said...

http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by jafar00 http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=602116#post602116)

Like most attacks in Nigeria, it was probably payback for something that happened earlier...

...stating it was in retaliation for other specific acts.

If you were half as smart as you think you are, and read any number of Jahil's posts on this type of thing, you'd know my response...

...was a statement of fact.

Please, if you want to run with the big dogs, you'll need better ammunition.

Marcus Aurelius
12-27-2012, 02:58 PM
Marcus. Sounds like the ONE, LONE, ABSOLUTE, and TOTAL AUTHORITY here is the self-proclaimed fj, who knows everything there is to know, and no other person should ever bother offering an opinion that goes against the 'fj' genius.
Which makes me wonder. If fj is such a learned, absolute authority on this topic. Why hasn't the Obama administration reached out to fj, and appointed him KING?

FJ's problem is simply that he is nowhere near as smart as he thinks he is. I've seen a lot of that on these boards.

aboutime
12-27-2012, 03:02 PM

Because BO doesn't want the competition. Besides, I would rule as a benevolent dictator. :cool:

fj. Do you ever get tired of Kissing your own ass?

jafar00
12-27-2012, 03:19 PM

My reply wasn't a "they did it too". I was just pointing out that both sides (actually there are more than two) are at fault here. It isn't simply a matter of those evil "muzzies" attacking poor, innocent, Christians. It is sometimes useful to consider all aspects of such a conflict in order to understand it.

You're right, it is an excuse, and I also notice that Jafar went back over a year to pull his story. Nevertheless senseless violence should be denounced no matter who commits it.

Likwise I could go0 back a few days and find something similar. I thought a story about a Ramadan attack fit better with a Christmas attack story as an example.

I denounced both sides by saying.
Nigeria is a real mess.

It is up to you to indicate your own disapproval when your position is requested.

As I stated, I was unaware that simply not denouncing something indicated support for it. Perhaps that is a forum rule I am unaware of?

That is used on me all the time around these parts. Get used to it. ;)

jafar00
12-27-2012, 03:19 PM

you're boring us.

It might be worth pointing out that most of your arguments degenerate into personal abuse when you are defeated in debate.

We are just here to debate stuff ya know? Not to create mortal life enemies of each other.

Marcus Aurelius
12-27-2012, 03:21 PM
It might be worth pointing out that most of your arguments degenerate into personal abuse when you are defeated in debate.

We are just here to debate stuff ya know? Not to create mortal life enemies of each other.

You've yet to defeat me in a 'debate', so your comment is meaningless, Jahil.

I'm still waiting for you to explain why you disappear from any thread that challenges your sources.

Marcus Aurelius
12-27-2012, 03:22 PM

he's the only one here who will.

aboutime
12-27-2012, 03:40 PM
You've yet to defeat me in a 'debate', so your comment is meaningless, Jahil.

I'm still waiting for you to explain why you disappear from any thread that challenges your sources.

jafar is so convinced he is a wonderful debater. Even he is fooled. Like we have all seen for years from our Liberal, Obama fans. Whenever they are pushed into a corner, and asked a question based on truth. They simply generate another question, and never answer one. It's a technique used by people who refuse to accept honesty, and truth.

fj1200
12-27-2012, 04:14 PM
you're really not very good at this.

I do OK but like I said, you wouldn't admit to it. :)

Can't reach but I do know a daisy chain when I see it.

he's the only one here who will.

There's one.

jafar00
12-27-2012, 07:12 PM
Marcus, aboutime. Both of you just end up hurling abuse at people who disagree with you rather than debate the facts. Not just at me. FJ is trying to have a discussion while you continually throw mud in his face.

aboutime
12-27-2012, 08:26 PM
Marcus, aboutime. Both of you just end up hurling abuse at people who disagree with you rather than debate the facts. Not just at me. FJ is trying to have a discussion while you continually throw mud in his face.

That's really funny stuff jafar. You call our announcements of Truth, proving how wrong you are...as Hurling Abuse????

That's just another typical tactic, often used by those...like yourself, when you have no real defense against the Truth.

Pointing fingers, making accusations to distract attention from your own falsehoods, and false attempts to be a prophet that supports terrorists like Hamas....JUST WON'T CUT IT.

Marcus Aurelius
12-27-2012, 10:31 PM

personally, I think YOU are FJ too.

Isn't there a rule about multiple accounts here???

aboutime
12-28-2012, 03:09 PM
personally, I think YOU are FJ too.

Isn't there a rule about multiple accounts here???

Marcus. Ya know? I never considered that idea. But...WHY NOT?

Members acting like Obama isn't out of the question. Pretending to be something they are not, and never will be sounds about right!