PDA

View Full Version : George H.W. Bush in "guarded condition"

gabosaurus
12-26-2012, 06:50 PM
Sad update from the Houston Chronicle:

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Ex-President-Bush-in-guarded-condition-in-ICU-4147280.php

aboutime
12-26-2012, 06:57 PM
The nation is pulling for him. I had the pleasure of seeing him, and Barbara in 1990, in the Persian Gulf, on Thanksgiving day.

Here is just one of the many photo's of that day...4206 Just prior to Operation Desert Shield becoming Desert Storm.
(click on the photo. He's in the middle, wearing the light blue shirt)

Many didn't like him, even hated him. But he is a WORLD WAR II Navy Pilot who was shot down during the Battle of Midway.

Kathianne
12-26-2012, 08:57 PM
So sorry to hear this, though I can't imagine that he's having an easy time of it with all these medical problems. He was such an active senior!

mundame
12-26-2012, 09:02 PM
Bush 41 certainly has been an "active senior" ---- sky-diving at age 80. He didn't precisely tell his wife beforehand about that little adventure.... that's what she said, anyway.

The thing I'm noticing is that these guys go into the hospital saying, "No biggie! No real problem here, I'm just having a little thing...." then they die.

Sen. Inouye did the same thing as here. He went in saying he was just fine, died a few days later.

Hmmmmm. Well, that's good, maybe, not realizing.