PDA

View Full Version : Two men killed by shoving onto tracks

Robert A Whit
12-28-2012, 02:08 AM
Well, it must be time to create new laws and restrict rights to ride the subway.

Yet I hear no democrats screaming out in rage.

Why not?

<!-- yog-5u -->

NEW YORK (AP) — A mumbling woman pushed a man to his death in front of a subway train on Thursday night, the second time this month someone has been killed in such nightmarish fashion, police said.
The man was standing on the elevated platform of a 7 train in Queens at about 8 p.m. when he was shoved by the woman, who witnesses said had been following him closely and mumbling to herself, New York Police Department chief spokesman Paul Browne said. When the train pulled into the tracks, the woman got up from a nearby bench and shoved the man down, he said. The man had been standing with his back to her.
It didn't appear the man noticed her before he was shoved onto the tracks, police said. The condition of the man's body was making it difficult to identify him, police said.

Kathianne
12-28-2012, 02:12 AM
Well, it must be time to create new laws and restrict rights to ride the subway.

Why not?

<!-- yog-5u -->

NEW YORK (AP) — A mumbling woman pushed a man to his death in front of a subway train on Thursday night, the second time this month someone has been killed in such nightmarish fashion, police said.
The man was standing on the elevated platform of a 7 train in Queens at about 8 p.m. when he was shoved by the woman, who witnesses said had been following him closely and mumbling to herself, New York Police Department chief spokesman Paul Browne said. When the train pulled into the tracks, the woman got up from a nearby bench and shoved the man down, he said. The man had been standing with his back to her.
It didn't appear the man noticed her before he was shoved onto the tracks, police said. The condition of the man's body was making it difficult to identify him, police said.

With your title, one would expect to hear about the previous push victim, earlier this month. One would also expect a link.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57561067/another-nyc-subway-push-death/

NEW YORK A mumbling woman pushed a man to his death in front of a subway train on Thursday night, the second time this month someone has been killed in such nightmarish fashion, police said...

On Dec. 3, 58-year-old Ki-Suck Han was shoved in front of a train in Times Square. A photograph of him on the tracks a split second before he was killed was published on the front of the New York Post the next day, causing an uproar and debate over whether the photographer, who had been waiting for a train, should have tried to help him and whether the newspaper should have run the image. Apparently no one else tried to help up Han, either.

A homeless man, 30-year-old Naeem Davis, was charged with murder in Han's death and was ordered held without bail. He has pleaded not guilty and has said that Han was the aggressor and had attacked him first. The two men hadn't met before...

Robert A Whit
12-28-2012, 02:19 AM
I figured you would post the link.

And you did.

And you would comment about it.

I realized that Kathianne.

Kathianne
12-28-2012, 02:40 AM
I figured you would post the link.

And you did.

And you would comment about it.

I realized that Kathianne.

I guess that means you figure someone will pick up where you failed to deliver? That's not exactly how this is supposed to go.

tailfins
12-28-2012, 07:06 AM
I guess that means you figure someone will pick up where you failed to deliver? That's not exactly how this is supposed to go.

I bet you're not the first woman to have that complaint about Mr. Robert A. ?hit. I notice the second perp was one of those non-violent women!

taft2012
12-28-2012, 07:43 AM
If past history tells us anything, we shouldn't be surprised if we hear our liberal leaders here in NYC voice demands for "a cop on every subway platform."

And in doing so, they won't see the slightest bit of irony in their reaction to the virtually identical position taken by the NRA post-Newtown.

mundame
12-28-2012, 07:44 AM

Why not?

Well, it is a good point, really. We're now into a craziness-fashion of pushing people onto subway tracks: oh, good, another psychosis fashion.

I've thought it over carefully and done a lot of reading on it and have concluded the situation is hopeless --- all the ideas people have come up with to stop the mass murders would not have worked at all. There is simply nothing any country or society can do to stop psychotics who fly well under the radar and just suddenly break out.

And now a non-gun fashion for crazies killing people has started up.

The only thing I can think of that might help a little is institutionalization of street crazies: both the subway pushers WERE muttering street crazies. These people need to be cleaned up and put away where it's warm and they can't get out.

AND watch carefully and move fast when psychotics known to family and therapists start talking about killing people. The Batman killer DID tell his psychologist he wanted to mass murder. And Adam Lanza was being committed by his mother, and it was going through the courts on the way to making that happen, so I bet they had real, real good reasons for wanting to commit him even before the murders: he was talking about killing, I bet.

It won't ever solve the problem, but quickly committing pychotics might help a little and stop some of the murder episodes. There has been way, WAY too much tolerance of crazies led by the stupid "mental health" lobby who are forever saying "Most psychotics don't kill!" Yeah, but when people do kill, they are pretty much all psychotics, so let's quit listening to this bad and stupid agenda. TThe mentally ill do need to be institutionalized.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-28-2012, 09:33 AM
If past history tells us anything, we shouldn't be surprised if we hear our liberal leaders here in NYC voice demands for "a cop on every subway platform."

And in doing so, they won't see the slightest bit of irony in their reaction to the virtually identical position taken by the NRA post-Newtown.

Obama can use it to push for that new trillion dollar high speed rail system that he and the ignorant dems want to waste money we do not have on! He can say, lets build a new safer speed rail system with new guard rails to prevent pushing and with such silly reasoning his bots , the press and other asshats will applaud him as a genius!
I'd bet anybody a C-note that if he made that statement he 'd be praised as a raving genius!
Just consider how it goes with this as an example..- Bill Clinton once made the suggestion of ARMED GUARDS IN SCHOOLS AND WAS RICHLY PRAISED FOR IT !!! Now a decade later the head of the NRA makes the same suggestion is roundly condemned and made out to be a crazy man for it! And by many of the same people that lavished such high praise on Clinton when he made the same suggestion!!
Folks, that's the hypocrisy of the dems and the press we have!!! We no longer have a free press and no longer have a press that has even a shred of decency and integrity.-Tyr

tailfins
12-28-2012, 09:37 AM
Well, it is a good point, really. We're now into a craziness-fashion of pushing people onto subway tracks: oh, good, another psychosis fashion.

I've thought it over carefully and done a lot of reading on it and have concluded the situation is hopeless --- all the ideas people have come up with to stop the mass murders would not have worked at all. There is simply nothing any country or society can do to stop psychotics who fly well under the radar and just suddenly break out.

And now a non-gun fashion for crazies killing people has started up.

The only thing I can think of that might help a little is institutionalization of street crazies: both the subway pushers WERE muttering street crazies. These people need to be cleaned up and put away where it's warm and they can't get out.

AND watch carefully and move fast when psychotics known to family and therapists start talking about killing people. The Batman killer DID tell his psychologist he wanted to mass murder. And Adam Lanza was being committed by his mother, and it was going through the courts on the way to making that happen, so I bet they had real, real good reasons for wanting to commit him even before the murders: he was talking about killing, I bet.

It won't ever solve the problem, but quickly committing pychotics might help a little and stop some of the murder episodes. There has been way, WAY too much tolerance of crazies led by the stupid "mental health" lobby who are forever saying "Most psychotics don't kill!" Yeah, but when people do kill, they are pretty much all psychotics, so let's quit listening to this bad and stupid agenda. TThe mentally ill do need to be institutionalized.
[/LIST]

If traffic deaths drop by 1,000 per year AND we go from zero to 100 deaths from mass murderers, are we better off as a society? Someone killed in a crash is just as dead as someone killed by a mass murderer. We just hear about it more because it makes for a more dramatic news story.

mundame
12-28-2012, 09:59 AM
If traffic deaths drop by 1,000 per year AND we go from zero to 100 deaths from mass murderers, are we better off as a society? Someone killed in a crash is just as dead as someone killed by a mass murderer. We just hear about it more because it makes for a more dramatic news story.

Interesting question.

But I know the answer, I feel. Any harm done by another human is a far more psychologically threatening, frightening, angering emergency to everyone than a plain accident that does not involve people.

"Man is man's wolf." We're afraid of each other at a very deep level, and we are right to be afraid.

I used to work with a disability group in which half the injuries were caused by people (drunk drivers, usually, sometimes the injured person himself) and half just by snow, deer, centrifugal force, like that. The parents of the people hurt by other people were in a constant state of murderous rage! The others were resigned.

Suppose the 20 children were killed by a schoolbus accident? That often happens, as you know. There would be grief, but would there be this huge national argument and upset? No.

No, it feels much, much worse when it's a crime than when it's an accident. People get much more worried and upset and angry. Why is that? Wow, you did think of an interesting question.

Robert A Whit
12-28-2012, 09:44 PM
And the winner is?

Post 7 by Mundame.

This one by another poster stunk.

Very poor reply. I did not realize that I am nominated to supply links. It presumes that there is something to deliver and that of all posters, I get nominated.

Robert A Whit
12-28-2012, 09:46 PM
I bet you're not the first woman to have that complaint about Mr. Robert A. ?hit. I notice the second perp was one of those non-violent women!

Mr Tail fart being a child again.

Robert A Whit
12-28-2012, 09:52 PM
Interesting question.

But I know the answer, I feel. Any harm done by another human is a far more psychologically threatening, frightening, angering emergency to everyone than a plain accident that does not involve people.

"Man is man's wolf." We're afraid of each other at a very deep level, and we are right to be afraid.

I used to work with a disability group in which half the injuries were caused by people (drunk drivers, usually, sometimes the injured person himself) and half just by snow, deer, centrifugal force, like that. The parents of the people hurt by other people were in a constant state of murderous rage! The others were resigned.

Suppose the 20 children were killed by a schoolbus accident? That often happens, as you know. There would be grief, but would there be this huge national argument and upset? No.

No, it feels much, much worse when it's a crime than when it's an accident. People get much more worried and upset and angry. Why is that? Wow, you did think of an interesting question.

You are right of course. But this killer did it all by himself. There is no reason at all to punish me and those like me for his crimes.

It reminds me of a way to punish all drivers for the accident of the one driver.

logroller
12-28-2012, 11:42 PM
Interesting question.

Survival instinct, ie fight or flight. Bus crash: flight::gun-fire: fight. To borrow your allegory, what has truly made man his own wolf is his capacity to use reason to manipulate the emotional instincts of another. See: media et al.

gabosaurus
12-29-2012, 01:31 AM

It actually means we need to improve our treatment of the mentally ill instead of continuing to slash fund for such.
A lot of mentally ill people can't afford treatment, and thus are left out on the street to slaughter kids and push people onto subway tracks.
But I suppose we will never balance the budget if we pour more money into mental health care.

Robert A Whit
12-29-2012, 01:52 AM
It actually means we need to improve our treatment of the mentally ill instead of continuing to slash fund for such.
A lot of mentally ill people can't afford treatment, and thus are left out on the street to slaughter kids and push people onto subway tracks.
But I suppose we will never balance the budget if we pour more money into mental health care.

Sure, when the easy thing to do is to construct a steel wall of bars with doors that open once the train has arrived to match the doors on the train.

Besides, you won't catch democrats ponying up more money on the crazy. They love laws against the innocent.