PDA

View Full Version : Well Gabby... preview of what's to come for anyone over 60 iin your family...

KitchenKitten99
12-28-2012, 02:19 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2253922/Germany-accused-deporting-elderly-Rising-numbers-moved-Asia-Eastern-Europe-sky-high-care-costs.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

German pensioners are being sent to care homes in Eastern Europe and Asia in what has been described as an ‘inhumane deportation’.

Rising numbers of the elderly and sick are moved overseas for long-term care because of sky-high costs at home.
Some private healthcare providers are even building homes overseas, while state insurers are also investigating whether they can care for their clients abroad.
Experts describe a time bomb’ of increasing numbers unable to afford the growing costs of retirement homes.

German pensioners are being sent to care homes in Eastern Europe and Asia in what has been described as an ‘inhumane deportation’.
Rising numbers of the elderly and sick are moved overseas for long-term care because of sky-high costs at home.
Some private healthcare providers are even building homes overseas, while state insurers are also investigating whether they can care for their clients abroad.
Experts describe a time bomb’ of increasing numbers unable to afford the growing costs of retirement homes.

....[snip]....
Researchers found an estimated 7,146 German pensioners living in retirement homes in Hungary in 2011.
More than 3,000 were in the Czech Republic and more than 600 in Slovakia. There were also unknown numbers in Spain, Greece and the Ukraine, as well as Thailand and the Philippines.
Some told researchers they were there out of choice as costs were lower, while standards of care were often higher.

But many others admitted they moved reluctantly.

...[snip]...
Artur Frank, the owner of Senior Palace – which finds care homes for Germans in Slovakia – said it was wrong to suggest senior citizens were being ‘deported’.

‘Many are here of their own free will, the results of sensible decisions by their families who know they will be better off,’ he said.

Ok... So with Europe being the model for our upcoming Obamacare, this says what many are already saying and have said.

National healthcare is not QUALITY healthcare. It increases costs, not keeps them down.

If the system is working as we are told it is supposed to... then they can't even get quality care and are having to leave the country to find higher quality for less!

If they moved because they felt they would be better off, then maybe the national healthcare system Germany has is a failure and a waste of government resources as well as citizen tax dollars.

It is obvious you do not get what you pay for. You get far less than what is paid in.

gabosaurus
12-28-2012, 02:30 PM
I haven't heard any of this. Both of my living great aunts are in their 80s and still live at home. One of my other relatives lives with his granddaughter.

If you check any of my earlier posts, I have never been in favor of Obamacare. Some just assume that because I voted for Obama.
I know all about national health care.

aboutime
12-28-2012, 02:34 PM
I haven't heard any of this. Both of my living great aunts are in their 80s and still live at home. One of my other relatives lives with his granddaughter.

If you check any of my earlier posts, I have never been in favor of Obamacare. Some just assume that because I voted for Obama.

Gabby. Unlike you. None of us ever use that word 'assume' in making a point. We know what it Means...literally.
We already knew you voted for Obama, and trying to convince any of us that voting for him...isn't also a Vote for Obamacare means...
You ASSUME we are as stupid as you are.

Voted4Reagan
12-28-2012, 03:14 PM

and yet you voted for him anyway..... knowing full well what would happen if he were elected. you opted for partisanship over making a choice for anyone else regardless of affiliation to any particular party.

like a true lemming you just followed the herd.... Now you have to live with it and you cant blame Bush for it...

Whats upon us is what Europe has faced for years... Financial Disaster...

And Obama has brought it upon us...

Way to go Gabby.... Still think you're smarter than everyone else?

tailfins
12-28-2012, 03:17 PM
and yet you voted for him anyway..... knowing full well what would happen if he were elected. you opted for partisanship over making a choice for anyone else regardless of affiliation to any particular party.

like a true lemming you just followed the herd.... Now you have to live with it and you cant blame Bush for it...

Whats upon us is what Europe has faced for years... Financial Disaster...

And Obama has brought it upon us...

Way to go Gabby.... Still think you're smarter than everyone else?

I have to ask, V4R: You live with WiccanLiberal, correct? How can you be at peace with someone who calls demons into their and your presence?

Voted4Reagan
12-28-2012, 04:26 PM
I have to ask, V4R: You live with WiccanLiberal, correct? How can you be at peace with someone who calls demons into their and your presence?

Wiccan didnt vote for Obama this time.... Went Libertarian/Conservative.

She hates what he has done.....

Wiccan thinks for herself... She doesnt follow the Herd...

tailfins
12-28-2012, 04:32 PM
Wiccan didnt vote for Obama this time.... Went Libertarian/Conservative.

She hates what he has done.....

Wiccan thinks for herself... She doesnt follow the Herd...

I'm talking about the Wiccan part, not the liberal part. That occult business is serious stuff. I don't even read horoscopes and a Ouija board is worse than having cocaine around. EWWWWW!

gabosaurus
12-28-2012, 05:18 PM
I'm talking about the Wiccan part, not the liberal part. That occult business is serious stuff. I don't even read horoscopes and a Ouija board is worse than having cocaine around. EWWWWW!

You need to read up on Santeria.
Ouija boards are popular because they prey on your doubts and fears. They are nothing if you don't believe what they tell you.

aboutime
12-28-2012, 06:38 PM
You need to read up on Santeria.
Ouija boards are popular because they prey on your doubts and fears. They are nothing if you don't believe what they tell you.

Gabby. Now we all know why you are literally...so screwed up! You believe in that stuff? Who'da Thunk It?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-28-2012, 06:40 PM

So typical of you Gabby. Accepting no responsibility with your , "don't blame me all I did was vote for the guy"!!
Well, I do blame you and every other dumbass jackass that voted for the worthless bastard!
What he has done AND WHAT HE IS GOING TO DO TO THIS NATION RESTS SQUARELY ON THE SHOULDERS OF YOU FFING MORONS THAT VOTED FOR THE FFING TRAITOR!-TYR

tailfins
12-28-2012, 11:38 PM
Gabby. Now we all know why you are literally...so screwed up! You believe in that stuff? Who'da Thunk It?

I believe in it, absolutely AND TREMBLE! Lucifer's emissaries are nothing to play around with. SATAN IS REAL! Bringing them into your presence is a deadly mistake.

Little-Acorn
12-29-2012, 12:49 AM
Wow. tailfins managed to hijack the thread and divert it from its original topic in only five posts.

And V4R and little gabby went right along with it, of course.

Is this a record?

tailfins
12-29-2012, 01:06 AM
Wow. tailfins managed to hijack the thread and divert it from its original topic in only five posts.

And V4R and little gabby went right along with it, of course.

Is this a record?

I have been wanting to ask V4R about that for awhile, just couldn't figure out a good place to do it. Why are you so cranky? Run out of beer money?

gabosaurus
12-29-2012, 01:08 AM
I don't know what is more laughable, tailfins believing in evil spirits or acorn thinking that thread diversion on DP is an unusual thing. :rolleyes:

Voted4Reagan
12-29-2012, 06:57 AM

dude... seriously.... The Catholic church long ago adopted most Pagan Ceremonies and Symbolism.

Christmas Tree - Pagan
Easter Egg - Pagan

Easter/Ostara - Looks a little similar... Coincidental they come at the same time of year?

Star on your Tree - The Pentacle

Wake up Dude.... if youre a Christian, Half of what you Practice is Pagan.

Now Grow the Fuck up and leave my Girlfriends Spirituality out of it..... Dont be an idiot

Voted4Reagan
12-29-2012, 07:00 AM
I believe in it, absolutely AND TREMBLE! Lucifer's emissaries are nothing to play around with. SATAN IS REAL! Bringing them into your presence is a deadly mistake.

Seriously.... you really need to get off this thread and get your Zealotry under Control

aboutime
12-29-2012, 08:16 AM

Yeah. I guess I believe in it too! To a certain extent, considering how often Gabby seems to just appear, then disappear here so frequently. Almost like a Volcano, venting, and spewing all that hot crap to expand. But mental vacuum's rarely create any threat to mankind...unless you include stupidity, ignorance, and Hot Sauce.

tailfins
12-29-2012, 10:52 AM
Seriously.... you really need to get off this thread and get your Zealotry under Control

I figured it was better than starting a new thread and "calling you out". I even hesitated to bring up a topic about something I stay far, far away from. When responding with anger to someone with an Amish-like opinion of the occult, you might want to consider it may be interpreted: Yup, look at what kind of disposition that demonic influence brings.

aboutime
12-29-2012, 11:23 AM
I figured it was better than starting a new thread and "calling you out". I even hesitated to bring up a topic about something I stay far, far away from. When responding with anger to someone with an Amish-like opinion of the occult, you might want to consider it may be interpreted: Yup, look at what kind of disposition that demonic influence brings.

tailfins. Aren't the Amish of Ohio, and Lancaster Pennsylvania more like the East coast versions of those Hated, Mormons everyone claims is a Cult culture?

That's occult...isn't it?

tailfins
12-29-2012, 11:32 AM
tailfins. Aren't the Amish of Ohio, and Lancaster Pennsylvania more like the East coast versions of those Hated, Mormons everyone claims is a Cult culture?

I'm going to start a new thread entitled: "Maybe the Amish/Mennonites are on to something". Let's continue this there.

aboutime
12-29-2012, 11:38 AM
I'm going to start a new thread entitled: "Maybe the Amish/Mennonites are on to something". Let's continue this there.

Whatever you like. Have you ever seen a movie with Harrison Ford called "WITNESS"?

Though it is a drama, police story. It does show how close-knit, and dedicated the Amish of Pennsylvania were, and probably still are.

I was born about 30 miles from Lancaster, where the Amish have preserved a large part of the America....most of us who are old enough...remember, and wish we could have once again.

As for their religious beliefs. Like the Mormons. None of my business. Or anyone else's.

Voted4Reagan
12-29-2012, 11:42 AM

You want to Bring this to the Cage? Make the thread and I'll be HAPPY to have you call me out....

Bring it ..... you dont have the intelligence to make this argument...

You've already lost it...

but go ahead.... Make the Thread and I'll see you in the Cage

if you dont.... we know you cant back up your assertions

tailfins
12-29-2012, 11:54 AM
You want to Bring this to the Cage? Make the thread and I'll be HAPPY to have you call me out....

Bring it ..... you dont have the intelligence to make this argument...

You've already lost it...

but go ahead.... Make the Thread and I'll see you in the Cage

if you dont.... we know you cant back up your assertions

What assertion? I was just asking how you could live under the same roof as someone involved in the occult. I literally wouldn't do that for a million dollars. I don't want to get my hands dirty with someone with the occult in their lives.

WiccanLiberal
12-29-2012, 05:24 PM
Tailfins, I rarely discuss my faith with the average person. You exemplify the reason. You are woefully ignorant. I don't believe in the xian construct of a devil any more than I do in the xian deity. What I call upon in my ritual is the Goddess who is the source of all life and her consort God (often depicted as having horns). I never attack another person's belief or lack thereof. I expect the same respect in return. Your comments were disrespectful and rude. This country was founded on a principle of religious freedom. That doesn't mean just freedom for your faith, it means freedom for mine as well. Too bad for you if it offends you. As for V4R and myself, he is Catholic but he is also the one who salvaged all my altar furnishings from a flooded house and set them up in proper order in the new place. I am a WITCH and my path is not for everyone. Whatever your source of spiritual comfort, I wish all people the same joy in their faith that I have in mine. I suggest you drop the subject. It only shows you as the bigot you are. And that does not speak well of your faith. Hatred and suspicion are not appropriate religious virtues.

KitchenKitten99
12-29-2012, 05:35 PM
Tailfins, I rarely discuss my faith with the average person. You exemplify the reason. You are woefully ignorant. I don't believe in the xian construct of a devil any more than I do in the xian deity. What I call upon in my ritual is the Goddess who is the source of all life and her consort God (often depicted as having horns). I never attack another person's belief or lack thereof. I expect the same respect in return. Your comments were disrespectful and rude. This country was founded on a principle of religious freedom. That doesn't mean just freedom for your faith, it means freedom for mine as well. Too bad for you if it offends you. As for V4R and myself, he is Catholic but he is also the one who salvaged all my altar furnishings from a flooded house and set them up in proper order in the new place. I am a WITCH and my path is not for everyone. Whatever your source of spiritual comfort, I wish all people the same joy in their faith that I have in mine. I suggest you drop the subject. It only shows you as the bigot you are. And that does not speak well of your faith. Hatred and suspicion are not appropriate religious virtues.

My best friend is Pagan. I actually contemplated following a path as well. But then I realized that my inner thirst for retaliation (never acted on, but often thought of) against those who trespass against me and my family was probably not something that would bode well. Thus I chose to follow the Christian path once again.

However... I am still very fascinated and very moved by some of the rituals she performs in our store as a good blessing upon it.

Our shop was once a funeral home years and years ago. We are in a bar district and our shop seems to attract negative energies. Between her spiritual cleansing and my husband and I praying (we always ask for God to team up and work together with her(your) gods for maximum effect because they are being asked to do good things), we almost always see an instant turn-around from a slow, low sales day to the doorbell chiming every few minutes.

I love to learn of all the gods. While I don't worship them, I respect them and what they do. For when Cara calls upon them to help us, they most certainly do. Apparently Zeus loves cigars... :laugh:

tailfins
12-29-2012, 05:43 PM

My first instinct was right: Don't broach the subject. On one hand I was wondering if even having a minimal interaction with someone in the occult was possible. On the other hand I was concerned about leaving an opening no matter how small for Lucifer's spirits in my life. This transcends thoughts or opinions. If I walked into a room where I knew an occultist had been before me, I would call on the name of Jesus to purge the demons from the premises. I know who I'm messing with here: Someone with all of Lucifer's powers and spirits at her disposal! YIKES! You're right, interacting with you (directly or indirectly) was probably a sin and mistake.

KitchenKitten99
12-29-2012, 05:56 PM
My first instinct was right: Don't broach the subject. On one hand I was wondering if even having a minimal interaction with someone in the occult was possible. On the other hand I was concerned about leaving an opening no matter how small for Lucifer's spirits in my life. This transcends thoughts or opinions. If I walked into a room where I knew an occultist had been before me, I would call on the name of Jesus to purge the demons from the premises. I know who I'm messing with here: Someone with all of Lucifer's powers and spirits at her disposal! YIKES! You're right, interacting with you (directly or indirectly) was probably a sin and mistake.

Maybe you skipped over V4R's reply to you. I will help you out with that:

dude... seriously.... The Catholic church long ago adopted most Pagan Ceremonies and Symbolism.

Christmas Tree - Pagan
Easter Egg - Pagan

Easter/Ostara - Looks a little similar... Coincidental they come at the same time of year?

Star on your Tree - The Pentacle

Wake up Dude.... if youre a Christian, Half of what you Practice is Pagan.

Now Grow the Fuck up and leave my Girlfriends Spirituality out of it..... Dont be an idiot

I personally don't think Paganism and Christianity are really that far apart.

We are told Jesus turned water into wine and healed the sick with just his 'touch'...doesn't sound that far-off what Pagan/Wiccans do. You just have to make sure you are interacting with ones who work on the positive side of it. I believe WiccanLiberal to also be much like my friend Cara.

I may not worship her gods, but I respect them and know that the more I welcome their positive presence along with my God, the better off we will be.

tailfins
12-29-2012, 06:10 PM

We are told Jesus turned water into wine and healed the sick with just his 'touch'...doesn't sound that far-off what Pagan/Wiccans do. You just have to make sure you are interacting with ones who work on the positive side of it. I believe WiccanLiberal to also be much like my friend Cara.

I may not worship her gods, but I respect them and know that the more I welcome their positive presence along with my God, the better off we will be.

V4R refers to Catholicism, something that is galaxies away from what I believe.

WiccanLiberal
12-29-2012, 06:19 PM
I would like to say just one more thing on the topic of religious tolerance. I had trimmed a clipping out of my local paper many years ago but somehow lost it in one of several moves. To paraphrase, a young person wrote to the columnist saying he was reared in a religious tradition that held that only his coreligionists would get to heaven. He had a friend from childhood, as close as a brother, who was of another faith. He was becoming worried that when he died, this friend would be lost to him. The response was one I found moving. It said that life was like a mountain, with heaven, nirvana or whatever you believed at the very top. Some people traveled a well worn path with many others to help them along, others went in small groups, still others struck out on their own paths but all going to the same place. The columnist said he could not imagine any loving god rejecting one of their children who had struggled up that mountain simply because they had used the 'wrong' path. Lest you believe this was some new age guru it was not. The columnist was Monsignor Tom Hartman who, with his partner Rabbi Marc Gellman, authored the God Squad for years. The response warmed me with its message that all well intentioned people of faith are equally worthy of respect. You want to know about a person's faith - look at how they treat others. Are they open and generous or close-minded and convinced they have the only answers? Think about that the next time you hear someone judge someone else's beliefs.

aboutime
12-29-2012, 07:05 PM
I have taken the time to consider all of the views, and opinions presented on this thread with regard to religious beliefs.

And, thankfully. My faith, and belief system. Created within my family long before I was born. Then the faith I grew up learning about has always been my guide in life. I also learned through my faith. I would be a hypocrite if I dared to judge anyone else, or question their beliefs or faith since I am not able to Judge others according to my faith.

So. I can happily say. I am satisfied enough with my beliefs, and faith that I feel no responsibility, or need to explain, or make excuses for what I believe, or have faith in...in any way, to anyone else.

My faith is mine. My beliefs are mine. And nobody can change that.

That is how I believe ALL OF US here, on this forum should also respect each other. Namely by Minding our own business, and just telling everyone else. It is nobody else's business what I do, or do not believe, and I have no intentions of trying to change that for anyone.

Robert A Whit
12-29-2012, 07:32 PM

Mormons are as close to the Amish as Jews and Catholics are.

In other words, not one bit.

If you attend church, and you went blind and entered the Mormon church, you would hardly notice any difference. I would say that mormons tend to dress better than most Xtian churches I have gone to.

Mormons use all modern conveniences. Discovery has an interesting program about the Amish and the Amish Mafia. Actually the Mafia are not Amish but they protect the Amish.

Amish kids get to run wild also. Mormon kids are not encouraged to run wild. They are encouraged to serve God and of course Jesus.

Robert A Whit
12-29-2012, 09:01 PM

Did you see that man on the Jay Leno Show that had an empty can of coke and he pulled off the metal tab?

He then showed the top and the tab was on. And then he pulled the tab and drank coke from the former empty can.

Jay Leno was beside himself.

tailfins
12-29-2012, 09:01 PM
Mormons are as close to the Amish as Jews and Catholics are.

In other words, not one bit.

If you attend church, and you went blind and entered the Mormon church, you would hardly notice any difference. I would say that mormons tend to dress better than most Xtian churches I have gone to.

Mormons use all modern conveniences. Discovery has an interesting program about the Amish and the Amish Mafia. Actually the Mafia are not Amish but they protect the Amish.

Amish kids get to run wild also. Mormon kids are not encouraged to run wild. They are encouraged to serve God and of course Jesus.

Those "Amish" TV shows are fake, fake, fake. The Amish are pretty difficult to get access to. Mennonites are less difficult. Old German Baptist Brethren are more approachable still. I'm actually considering assimilating into one of these if our society goes too far down the toilet. The Old German Baptist Brethren are pretty close to what I already believe.

WiccanLiberal

I would like to say just one more thing on the topic of religious tolerance. I had trimmed a clipping out of my local paper many years ago but somehow lost it in one of several moves. To paraphrase, a young person wrote to the columnist saying he was reared in a religious tradition that held that only his coreligionists would get to heaven. He had a friend from childhood, as close as a brother, who was of another faith. He was becoming worried that when he died, this friend would be lost to him. The response was one I found moving. It said that life was like a mountain, with heaven, nirvana or whatever you believed at the very top. Some people traveled a well worn path with many others to help them along, others went in small groups, still others struck out on their own paths but all going to the same place. The columnist said he could not imagine any loving god rejecting one of their children who had struggled up that mountain simply because they had used the 'wrong' path. Lest you believe this was some new age guru it was not. The columnist was Monsignor Tom Hartman who, with his partner Rabbi Marc Gellman, authored the God Squad for years. The response warmed me with its message that all well intentioned people of faith are equally worthy of respect. You want to know about a person's faith - look at how they treat others. Are they open and generous or close-minded and convinced they have the only answers? Think about that the next time you hear someone judge someone else's beliefs.

There's a huge difference between someone who happens to go down the wrong path and occultists that call demons. Working or doing business with someone who has different beliefs is one thing, having a person or object (such as a Ouija board) that calls destructive beings on the scene is quite another. Why would you expect me to be around someone that would spiritually poison the area?

Ephesians 6:11-12

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Robert A Whit
12-29-2012, 09:19 PM
The Amish Mafia shows a lot about the Mafia whom the show explains are not Amish. As to what the Amish do, they show stuff like riding around in horse drawn wagons. They don't show inside the Amish homes nor church services. The show is more about the so called Mafia than the Amish.

aboutime
12-29-2012, 09:33 PM
Did you see that man on the Jay Leno Show that had an empty can of coke and he pulled off the metal tab?

He then showed the top and the tab was on. And then he pulled the tab and drank coke from the former empty can.

Jay Leno was beside himself.

Imagine that? A Magician who appeared on the Jay Leno show. And that has anything to do with the topic of this thread?????

We should all be contacting HARRY HOUDINI to get permission to talk about things...ONLY magicians know. And fool the rest of us with??