PDA

View Full Version : Obama Orders Raise for Biden, Members of Congress, Federal Workers

jimnyc
12-28-2012, 06:56 PM
Pay raises for all of these numbskulls. How appropriate! :rolleyes:

President Barack Obama issued an executive order to end the pay freeze on federal employees, in effect giving some federal workers a raise. One federal worker now to receive a pay increase is Vice President Joe Biden.

According to disclosure forms, Biden made a cool $225,521 last year. After the pay increase, he'll now make $231,900 per year.

Members of Congress, from the House and Senate, also will receive a little bump, as their annual salary will go from $174,000 to 174,900. Leadership in Congress, including the speaker of the House, will likewise get an increase.

Here's the list of new wages, as attached to President Obama's executive order:

http://i.imgur.com/XnZqj.jpg

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-orders-raise-biden-members-congress-federal-workers_692223.html

Kathianne
12-28-2012, 06:59 PM
If he can't stop the fiscal cliff, he can protect those that might be effected. To hell with the rest of us. Kind of like guns, good for their protection, insane for the rest of us.

aboutime
12-28-2012, 08:07 PM
More proof of how Obama and company have NO IDEA what they are doing.

All of AMERICA should be ready to BEND OVER, to accept the MASSIVE SHAFT JOB Obama is performing on this nation.

If all of his followers, voters, prostitutes, drug-dealers, acorn members, Black Panthers, and the other Idiots who voted for him without question like how OBAMA is taking care of his BRO'S, before taking care of BLACK AMERICANS....as he promised.

The are really gonna be pissed when April 15th arrives. EVEN those who PAY NO FEDERAL INCOME TAXES now, are really gonna love what is coming. And it ain't gonna be PRETTY.

Obama is an IDIOT, and anyone who voted for him is an IDIOT as well.

darin
12-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Worst part is, looks like only .5%. Fed workers have been getting the shaft and blame from politicians NOT because cutting fed. Workers pay makes a real difference, but because uninformed masses like to blame people. Look, wanna be mad? How about $7000 bonuses to GM workers while tax payers lost billions in our "investment" in the company. Yet some of you are pissed at fed workers seeing what? $500 - 1000 over the course of a year? Next time you get into your car and drive safely to your favorite place of worship take a minute and thank God for the federal workers laying it on the line for your freedoms.

aboutime
12-28-2012, 09:53 PM
Worst part is, looks like only .5%. Fed workers have been getting the shaft and blame from politicians NOT because cutting fed. Workers pay makes a real difference, but because uninformed masses like to blame people. Look, wanna be mad? How about $7000 bonuses to GM workers while tax payers lost billions in our "investment" in the company. Yet some of you are pissed at fed workers seeing what? $500 - 1000 over the course of a year? Next time you get into your car and drive safely to your favorite place of worship take a minute and thank God for the federal workers laying it on the line for your freedoms.

DMP. I have nothing against any FEDERAL WORKERS. They are not in charge, and only a fool would turn down a pay raise they have honestly earned.
Federal workers include our Military, but Obama and company HAVEN'T INCLUDED them...this time.

This is just some kind of FINGER IN YOUR EYE kind of stupidity Obama gets that feeling of Power from, in rubbing it in everybody's face. Namely Republicans.
Obama knows the Republicans will not like this. But he also knows. If they try to stop the Increases in pay for Federal Workers. It helps him look good to the DUMB AMERICANS who never think for themselves, and just follow the YELLOW BRICK ROAD wherever Obama takes them.

jimnyc
12-28-2012, 09:56 PM

I have no issue with increases going to those that are actually busting their butts out there to help the nation. My anger was mostly towards congresspeople getting raises. These people should certainly not get raises before those doing the hard work, and their raises should be based on how well of a job they are doing for our country. I see a big difference between a federal "worker" and a career politician. One actually works while the other "works" to keep their job and keep the money coming.

aboutime
12-28-2012, 10:04 PM
I have no issue with increases going to those that are actually busting their butts out there to help the nation. My anger was mostly towards congresspeople getting raises. These people should certainly not get raises before those doing the hard work, and their raises should be based on how well of a job they are doing for our country. I see a big difference between a federal "worker" and a career politician. One actually works while the other "works" to keep their job and keep the money coming.

jimnyc: Something many of us have forgotten, when talking about Obama giving raises. Technically. Congress automatically gets a RAISE every year IF.....and only IF, no member takes to the floor of either the Senate, or House of Representatives, asking to CURTAIL, or STOP the automatic raises.

Obama, using Executive orders as he appears to be doing here. I believe, is Counter to Congressional, and Constitutional principles.

Only Congress...from the Constitution. Has the power to INCREASE such payments. I may be wrong with the wording, but I do believe Obama is just Busting the Laws again.

logroller
12-28-2012, 11:05 PM
If he can't stop the fiscal cliff, he can protect those that might be effected. To hell with the rest of us. Kind of like guns, good for their protection, insane for the rest of us.
Truly, I'm not nitpicking...but is it 'effected' or 'affected'...I believe you're likely correct, but what's the diff?

jimnyc: Something many of us have forgotten, when talking about Obama giving raises. Technically. Congress automatically gets a RAISE every year IF.....and only IF, no member takes to the floor of either the Senate, or House of Representatives, asking to CURTAIL, or STOP the automatic raises.

Obama, using Executive orders as he appears to be doing here. I believe, is Counter to Congressional, and Constitutional principles.

Only Congress...from the Constitution. Has the power to INCREASE such payments. I may be wrong with the wording, but I do believe Obama is just Busting the Laws again.
I thought the same thing. Did he undo a previous exec order which had froze pay increases perhaps?

logroller
12-28-2012, 11:13 PM
^indeed-- superceded this...

Executive Order 13594 of December 19, 2011 Adjustments of Certain Rates of PayBy the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the Continuing Appropria- tions and Surface Transportation Extensions Act, 2011 (Public Law 111– 322), which freezes certain pay schedules for civilian Federal employees at 2010 levels through 2012 and provides for the phase-in of the full applica- ble locality pay rates in non-foreign areas pursuant to the Non-Foreign Area Retirement Equity Assurance Act of 2009 (5 U.S.C. 5304 note), it is hereby ordered as follows:
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2011-12-23/pdf/2011-33087.pdf

Kathianne
12-29-2012, 11:00 AM
Truly, I'm not nitpicking...but is it 'effected' or 'affected'...I believe you're likely correct, but what's the diff?

I thought the same thing. Did he undo a previous exec order which had froze pay increases perhaps?

Have always vexed me too!

http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/affect-versus-effect.aspx

get asked whether to use affect or effect all the time and it is by far the most requested grammar topic, so I have a few mnemonics and a cartoon to help you remember.

http://www.qdnow.com/aardvark.png

affect is what is 'felt', effect is the reaction to experience.

aboutime
12-29-2012, 11:03 AM
Have always vexed me too!

http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/affect-versus-effect.aspx

affect is what is 'felt', effect is the reaction to experience.

Isn't that like the difference between Potato, and Potaato?

Why does anyone have to always feel like a Grammar cop here, when most of us already know ERASERS were put on pencils...because people make mistakes.

Kathianne
12-29-2012, 11:12 AM
Isn't that like the difference between Potato, and Potaato?

Why does anyone have to always feel like a Grammar cop here, when most of us already know ERASERS were put on pencils...because people make mistakes.

Personally I worry about my own mistakes, which are numerous. Generally I rely on the top of my head choosing words in a forum like this. However, when writing formally, wouldn't think of doing so without having a thesaurus and Strunk & White at hand. LOL! No matter how long one practices English, it is the most troublesome language. There are a few word choices such as 'effect' and 'affect' which are more than confusing; my motto is 'effect' works more times than not. ;)

aboutime
12-29-2012, 11:16 AM
Personally I worry about my own mistakes, which are numerous. Generally I rely on the top of my head choosing words in a forum like this. However, when writing formally, wouldn't think of doing so without having a thesaurus and Strunk & White at hand. LOL! No matter how long one practices English, it is the most troublesome language. There are a few word choices such as 'effect' and 'affect' which are more than confusing; my motto is 'effect' works more times than not. ;)

If God wanted all of us to be PERFECT. None of us would be here for any reason. All problems would be solved. No wars, no anger, no arguments. In other words. PEACHY KEEN.

Time for us to CLOSE the Internet, and stop reading, learning, and living. PERFECTION HAS BEEN ACCOMPLISHED. Sleep tight!

Kathianne
12-29-2012, 11:30 AM
If God wanted all of us to be PERFECT. None of us would be here for any reason. All problems would be solved. No wars, no anger, no arguments. In other words. PEACHY KEEN.

Time for us to CLOSE the Internet, and stop reading, learning, and living. PERFECTION HAS BEEN ACCOMPLISHED. Sleep tight!

I don't understand your point. LR asked me a simple question, not attacking me or anyone, just a question. I responded with a simple cartoon and link to more information if someone chose to follow up. Why is that wrong?

aboutime
12-29-2012, 11:32 AM
I don't understand your point. LR asked me a simple question, not attacking me or anyone, just a question. I responded with a simple cartoon and link to more information if someone chose to follow up. Why is that wrong?

Nothing's wrong. Not attacking anyone. I offered my opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. Didn't mean to offend, or insult you, or anyone else. That's just me. Won't apologize for that. Nothing wrong.