PDA

View Full Version : What a small world

jimnyc
12-29-2012, 02:30 PM
So I'm browsing around Facebook, being nosy about friends of friends. There's a guy I went to HS with, Enzo, so I was browsing through his friends list. We were fairly close, so I thought I would see if he had any friends on his list that I was missing on mine. No sooner do I start looking I see a guy named Lenny. Lenny isn't our age, he was my boss at my first computer gig starting in 1991!! I graduated in 1986 and last saw Enzo probably around that time, a year later at most. This boss, Lenny, was one of my favorite bosses of all time. I wish I had that job forever. An awesome but fair boss, a lot of other great friends... then I met Diana, my wife, and she lived in Virginia. I quit and moved. Got homesick and moved back to Jersey. During that time, this company was bought and merged with another company in West Orange, about 50 miles away. I got a job there and Lenny was my boss again!! I lost touch with all of them when I moved to NY in 1995. And now I hope he is active on there and remembers me, and replies. Damn good guy, and found him on there, more or less by mistake.

logroller
12-29-2012, 03:44 PM
^stalker:coffee:

jimnyc
12-29-2012, 04:20 PM
^stalker:coffee:

Well, yeah, sort of! LOL I'm just a nosy bastard I suppose. I have like 30 people on my FB account that I went to HS with and rarely talk to any of them. Weird. And I still look through friends lists to see if there are others I should add, so we can ignore one another too!!

logroller
12-29-2012, 07:18 PM
Well, yeah, sort of! LOL I'm just a nosy bastard I suppose. I have like 30 people on my FB account that I went to HS with and rarely talk to any of them. Weird. And I still look through friends lists to see if there are others I should add, so we can ignore one another too!!
Totally appropriate-- just like high school

jimnyc
12-29-2012, 08:10 PM
Isn't it awkward when you get a message, or happen to talk with someone in a related thread, and you know you deleted this person from your page, and you don't know if they even know you deleted them or not. I was caught a few times I think, then add the obligatory "I could have sworn we were friends, must have got deleted accidentally". I guess that's kind of HS too! :coffee:

tailfins
12-29-2012, 09:04 PM

You're just a skilled researcher; be proud of it.

KitchenKitten99
01-05-2013, 09:13 PM
Cool story but still no match for my dad finding me because of this site.

Just sayin'....

:cool: