PDA

View Full Version : "Great white" is gobbled by an EVEN BIGGER shark as it's hauled into fisherman's boat

tailfins
12-30-2012, 01:24 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2254780/Spectacular-photo-captures-moment-great-white-gobbled-EVEN-BIGGER-shark-hauled-fishermans-boat.html

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/12/30/article-2254780-16B07BB5000005DC-419_634x844.jpg

From reader comments:

neither of those sharks are great whites. the larger is definitely a Blue Shark and the smaller looks like a Bronze Whaler. The Blue Shark looks to be 8-10ft and the Whaler 2-3ft (hard to judge). Get your facts straight before posting the wrong ones!

jimnyc
12-30-2012, 02:00 PM
What an awesome photo. Must suck to get duped and have a giant hook through your mouth, then to get eaten by your own self, on steroids!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-30-2012, 02:33 PM
What an awesome photo. Must suck to get duped and have a giant hook through your mouth, then to get eaten by your own self, on steroids!

Snack time in the oceans sho' aint no picnic. :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-30-2012, 02:36 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2254780/Spectacular-photo-captures-moment-great-white-gobbled-EVEN-BIGGER-shark-hauled-fishermans-boat.html

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/12/30/article-2254780-16B07BB5000005DC-419_634x844.jpg

From reader comments:
Looks to be about like a 4ft shark getting eaten by about an 11ft sharks.

Robert A Whit
12-30-2012, 03:26 PM
I would say that the bigger shark is getting some tail.

NightTrain
12-30-2012, 04:20 PM
I had this same thing happen to me, fishing out of Seward (about 120 miles south of Anchorage).

Not a Great White, of course, but I literally caught 2 fish on one line.

I was bringing up a Red Snapper, and they really don't fight much... they're pretty limp. Anyway, I had it about halfway up and suddenly it starting fighting like a sumbitch! I thought maybe I'd hooked a halibut after all, but when it got to the surface, we saw that it was a 4' Lingcod that grabbed that easy meal.

I was very impressed with the whole thing, thinking that I was the Ultra Stud Fisherman, but the captain quickly disabused me of my notions of grandeur... "Yeah, that happens all the time with those damned Lingcod."

Kathianne
12-30-2012, 04:23 PM
I had this same thing happen to me, fishing out of Seward (about 120 miles south of Anchorage).

Not a Great White, of course, but I literally caught 2 fish on one line.

I was bringing up a Red Snapper, and they really don't fight much... they're pretty limp. Anyway, I had it about halfway up and suddenly it starting fighting like a sumbitch! I thought maybe I'd hooked a halibut after all, but when it got to the surface, we saw that it was a 4' Lingcod that grabbed that easy meal.

I was very impressed with the whole thing, thinking that I was the Ultra Stud Fisherman, but the captain quickly disabused me of my notions of grandeur... "Yeah, that happens all the time with those damned Lingcod."

LOL! In my 2 years as 'meat cutter' really just packaging meat and seafood, I will say that dead Red Snapper are a bitch! Hard to fillet and their scales are the primo of razors.

Robert A Whit
12-30-2012, 04:37 PM
LOL! In my 2 years as 'meat cutter' really just packaging meat and seafood, I will say that dead Red Snapper are a bitch! Hard to fillet and their scales are the primo of razors.

What does wrapping meat have to do with catching fish? Maybe Jimnyc can remove your reply as non responsive. Thanks Jim.

NightTrain
12-30-2012, 05:01 PM
What does wrapping meat have to do with catching fish? Maybe Jimnyc can remove your reply as non responsive. Thanks Jim.

She was talking to me about Red Snapper.

Play nice, Robert.

NightTrain
12-30-2012, 05:02 PM

It was always those spines that got me... one poke by those babies and you were instantly infected!

Really good eating, though, especially right out of the ocean.

Robert A Whit
12-30-2012, 05:11 PM

Play nice, Robert.

I was recalling what she pulls on me from time to time. I would love to play nice should she give it a shot as well.

Kathianne
12-30-2012, 05:13 PM

Play nice, Robert.

It appears he doesn't know how.

Robert A Whit
12-30-2012, 05:18 PM
It appears he doesn't know how.

I follow your lead Kathianne. When you play nice, I shall also play nice. I was recalling what you did to me and what you told the Jim to do to my post to AT.

Kathianne
12-30-2012, 05:26 PM
I follow your lead Kathianne. When you play nice, I shall also play nice. I was recalling what you did to me and what you told the Jim to do to my post to AT.

So now you are claiming that you posted two posts, one of which was mine, that had zero to do with your reply, on purpose? Jim removed because it was without purpose. However, maybe you had something else in mind?

Very nasty if so. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, as did Jim, we were wrong?

Robert A Whit
12-30-2012, 05:48 PM
So now you are claiming that you posted two posts, one of which was mine, that had zero to do with your reply, on purpose? Jim removed because it was without purpose. However, maybe you had something else in mind?

Very nasty if so. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, as did Jim, we were wrong?

No.

I will say it in my own words if you don't mind.

I posted what AT stated.

Beneath that I posted my own reply.

I have no idea why you claim yours got included.

If that happened, it was not my intention.

I believe in any case that what you state is pretty clear and when I replied to AT clearly I was not talking to you.

Also bear in mind that today you have thus far called me three names.
First you called me a misogynist followed by narcissist then paranoid.

Those terms in my view out to be ruled out. You in other words gave your uninformed opinion about a person you have never met in person. All you have are typed words. No human amounts to typed words.