PDA

View Full Version : Obama and Disingenuous Take On Fiscal Cliff

Kathianne
12-30-2012, 04:53 PM
It's not pretty:

http://dailycaller.com/2012/12/29/evan-thomas-charles-krauthammer-rip-obama-for-lack-of-fiscal-cliff-leadership-video/

Evan Thomas, Charles Krauthammer rip Obama for lack of fiscal cliff leadership [VIDEO] 4:58 PM 12/29/2012

On this weekend’s broadcast of the syndicated TV show “Inside Washington,” former Newsweek editor Evan Thomas, now a contributor to Politico, took on President Barack Obama for not being more vocal about the importance of reaching an agreement on the fiscal cliff.

“This is not Congress’ fault,” Thomas said. “Congress is behaving like Congress. This is the president’s fault. The president needs to go to the country and explain why they need to get this done. He has never done that.”

Washington Post columnist Colby King countered that Congress put the fiscal cliff deadline in place.

“We’re in different universes,” King rebutted. “I’ve heard him talk about it over and over about why we shouldn’t go over the fiscal cliff. It is the Congress’ fault. The Congress created this fiscal cliff. It was the Congress that conceived of this idea of making January 1 D-Day. No one else imposed this on them. This is a self-imposed problem.”

However, Washington Post columnist Charles Krauthammer was more inclined to agree with Thomas on that point, arguing the president could do more.

“The president has never gone to the nation and made a serious speech about debt,” Krauthammer said. “He ignored it the first two years. He appoints a commission that he studiously ignores for the next two years. That’s why we’re at the cliff now. He’s not serious about the debt — none of his proposals. You raise the taxes on the rich, it’s eight cents on the dollar on the deficit. It reduces it a trivial amount of money and he’s never put any political capital in entitlement reform or tax reform. Oh, we’ll talk about it here and there — never invested any capital in it.”

. . .

aboutime
12-30-2012, 04:56 PM
Obama hasn't got a serious, genuine bone in his empty head, or anywhere else.

He has been a phony, pretender since long before he fooled so many people into voting for him.

I distrust EVERYTHING he does, says, and pretends to stand for as our president.

Sadly. Our nation has fallen from grace. JUST THE WAY OBAMA PLANNED IT.

Kathianne
12-30-2012, 04:57 PM
Obama hasn't got a serious, genuine bone in his empty head, or anywhere else.

He has been a phony, pretender since long before he fooled so many people into voting for him.

I distrust EVERYTHING he does, says, and pretends to stand for as our president.

Sadly. Our nation has fallen from grace. JUST THE WAY OBAMA PLANNED IT.

What's your take on Republican leadership? House and Senate?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-30-2012, 06:00 PM
RE: Sold out Media Doing What It Does Best
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/gmc10023620120615120100.jpg

I got this sent to my email. Immediately I thought of RSR. Just the kind of thing he'd do but it was from a friend that I used to play chess with often.

aboutime
12-30-2012, 06:11 PM

I no longer have any confidence in either party, nor any member of Congress, with a few exceptions in the Senate. Very few, like Tom Coburn, and in the House...Paul Ryan. Otherwise. In general.

They are ALL POLITICIANS, and I have no confidence, nor do I trust anyone who gets to Washington, and instantly forgets WHY they are there, and WHO they represent.

As the old saying goes. From the President on down. You know a Politician is lying...IF THEIR LIPS ARE MOVING.

Robert A Whit
12-30-2012, 06:12 PM
Boehner can get far more done in the House than Mitch can do in the Senate.

John puts in chairs where he wants them. Chairs decide the agenda.

Reid, in charge of the Senate can block what republicans want.

John has churned out a lot of legislation. Reid of couse blocks it for the most part.

If John can't get it past Reid, I don't blame Johh.

Reid even blocks the Obama budgets.

If we view Congress as a horse, I view Reid as the back end of the horse.

red states rule
01-02-2013, 03:20 AM

What leadership? They rolled over, played dead, and sold out the working people who voted for them. Why? Because they were scared what Obama and the liberal media would say about them. As if they ever had anything positive or truthful to say about them in the first place

red states rule
01-02-2013, 03:21 AM
Boehner can get far more done in the House than Mitch can do in the Senate.

John puts in chairs where he wants them. Chairs decide the agenda.

Reid, in charge of the Senate can block what republicans want.

John has churned out a lot of legislation. Reid of couse blocks it for the most part.

If John can't get it past Reid, I don't blame Johh.

Reid even blocks the Obama budgets.

If we view Congress as a horse, I view Reid as the back end of the horse.

Robert, you forget to put "Once Upon A Time" in the beginning of your post; and "They Lived Happily Ever After" at the end of your post

red states rule
01-02-2013, 03:21 AM
I no longer have any confidence in either party, nor any member of Congress, with a few exceptions in the Senate. Very few, like Tom Coburn, and in the House...Paul Ryan. Otherwise. In general.

They are ALL POLITICIANS, and I have no confidence, nor do I trust anyone who gets to Washington, and instantly forgets WHY they are there, and WHO they represent.

As the old saying goes. From the President on down. You know a Politician is lying...IF THEIR LIPS ARE MOVING.

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/81_12480420121231104637.jpg