PDA

View Full Version : New Years Eve plans?

jimnyc
12-31-2012, 01:50 PM
So what's everyone doing? Who's getting drunk or partying? Who's hosting family?

Just me, the woman and the boy here. We'll have an easy dinner of ordering pizza or something, then a bunch of "finger food" throughout the night, all good for my diet! :laugh:

Not sure if I'll even reach midnight. In the past 10 years I would say I was still awake at midnight maybe 3-4 times? I have a bad habit of looking backwards at events like this, but I will try to look forward to the new year this time. We've had a bottle of Dom from when we first bought this house, like a 20yr old bottle. I think maybe it's time to give her a test drive. I need incentive to stay awake, and I'm ashamed that alcohol is that incentive. But it's either that or a room full of boobies... That's right, you said the same thing as I did, enjoy the Dom!!

NightTrain
12-31-2012, 02:11 PM
I'll take Boobies for a thousand, Alex! :laugh:

I think we're going to go buy some fireworks, let the kids shoot them off and have a few cocktails here at my house.

We were thinking about taking a fleet of snowmachines up to the cabin, but it didn't pan out.

WiccanLiberal
12-31-2012, 02:12 PM
V4R and I have a friend coming over for coffee and some quiet friend time this afternoon. We are having dinner later and going to bed early hopefully. We are not really into the whole party till you puke mind set. But Happy New Year however you choose to welcome it.

Kathianne
12-31-2012, 02:23 PM
Taking myself out to dinner, early. Quiet night. Saw the boys yesterday, will see daughter later in the week. Like WL, have a friend coming for coffee, but that's like a daily event.

MtnBiker
12-31-2012, 04:45 PM
My oldest nephew is in from out of town with his family, so we are all getting together at our house. I have been smoking 2 pork butts since 7:30 this morning(despite 6 inches of snow on the smoker this morning), using a east North Carolina basting sauce every hour. So we will be having smoked pulled pork, black bean & ovendried tomato salad with feta, vegetable bisque and rosemary roasted potato medley (yukon, russet, purple, rose, red and sweet potato). Along with beverages that everyone is brining. Not sure if we are going to make it to midnight or not. Hope everyone has a great New Years Eve, be safe.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-31-2012, 07:00 PM
Heading to a party at a friend's home here in about an hour. Mostly going because there will be lots of really great food there. My wife taking three of her favorite dishes that they requested .--Tyr

logroller
12-31-2012, 07:47 PM
I'll take Boobies for a thousand, Alex! :laugh:

I think we're going to go buy some fireworks, let the kids shoot them off and have a few cocktails here at my house.

We were thinking about taking a fleet of snowmachines up to the cabin, but it didn't pan out.
If you wagered the bottle of Dom, its a win/win!!!
im going to a friend's house for a family welcome party. I'm sure they'll be champagne, other libations, cigars, but not a room-fulla-boobies (exposed anyways)-- HELL NO-- I've got daughters for crying out loud!!! Gotta set an example, however poor it may be, I've got standards.

Abbey Marie
12-31-2012, 08:19 PM
Just got back from New Hampshire, and we are pretty tired. A bottle of Veuve Clicquot, and watching the ball drop are about as exciting as it gets around here.

Happy New Year, everyone! :joy4:

SassyLady
12-31-2012, 10:33 PM
Relaxing from traveling all weekend .... eating cookies and drinking eggnog.....and watching Walking Dead marathon!!

Happy New Year everyone!

Drummond
12-31-2012, 10:47 PM
Come and gone, in my case, as I'm several hours ahead of you. It's been 2013 for nearly 4 hours already, where I am ...

I just strolled down to a nearby pub, drank a couple of beers, chatted a bit, toddled off home, to watch the BBC's coverage of the firework display launched around the London Eye (.. as ever ..). I think the display this year was the best ever.

Happy New Year, folks, to one and all ...

aboutime
12-31-2012, 11:13 PM
Come and gone, in my case, as I'm several hours ahead of you. It's been 2013 for nearly 4 hours already, where I am ...

I just strolled down to a nearby pub, drank a couple of beers, chatted a bit, toddled off home, to watch the BBC's coverage of the firework display launched around the London Eye (.. as ever ..). I think the display this year was the best ever.

Happy New Year, folks, to one and all ...

In military time recognition. You are in the ZULU time zone where TIME BEGINS for the entire Earth.

God Save the Queen. and Drummond. I proclaim you as SIR DRUMMOND. Ahead of Sir Paul Mccartney, and Sir Rocket Man.

Happy New Year to you as well.

May God Bless Us All. Even those who sneeze, and pretend nobody heard them.

fj1200
12-31-2012, 11:22 PM
^Are you having a stroke (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-57560856/dystextia-stroke-diagnosed-with-help-of-garbled-text-message/)?

:poke: