PDA

View Full Version : Monday's Senate Report On Benghazi

Kathianne
01-01-2013, 08:39 PM
If it's been posted, I missed it. I've thought several times to post upon, but couldn't find the right way to bring it. This does, best I've seen and it makes me feel a bit better that it was today that it's posted:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2013/01/01/the-senates-benghazi-report/

The Senate’s Benghazi report Posted by Jennifer Rubin (http://www.washingtonpost.com/jennifer-rubin/2011/02/24/ABbIUXN_page.html) on January 1, 2013 at 9:30 am

The bipartisan Senate report (“Flashing Red: A Special Report On The Terrorist Attack At Benghazi (http://www.collins.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/81d5e2d9-cc8d-45af-aa8b-b937c55c7208/Flashing%20Red-HSGAC%20Special%20Report%20final.pdf)“) released on Monday by the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee on the Benghazi debacle certainly adds to our understanding of the events leading up to the murder of four Americans and the confusion that followed. For that its chairman, Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.), and ranking member, Susan Collins (R-Maine), should be commended.

While it is less than specific in explaining senior officials’ particular roles and why certain events occurred (e.g., the false cover story about the anti-Muslim film), it moves the ball forward despite blatant stonewalling by the White House. (“To provide a full account of the changes made to the talking points, by whom they were made and why, DNI [James] Clapper offered to provide the Committee with a detailed timeline regarding the development of the talking points. At the time of writing this report, despite repeated requests, the Committee had yet to receive this timeline. According to a senior IC official, the timeline has not been delivered as promised because the Administration has spent weeks debating internally whether or not it should turn over information considered ‘deliberative’ to the Congress.”) Moreover, the president, his national security adviser and other top White House officials have not been queried as to their actions.

That said, the report is a stern and broad rebuke of the entire administration:

. . .

NightTrain
01-01-2013, 08:49 PM
I may be cynical, but I suspect that this report will come out and it will be quickly forgotten and swept under the rug.

Kathianne
01-01-2013, 08:52 PM
I may be cynical, but I suspect that this report will come out and it will be quickly forgotten and swept under the rug.

I'm of two minds. One is with you.

The second is that many democrats aren't all that favorably disposed towards Obama. He's not a team player. He's for himself. This could be one of those issues that let's some smacking down of him occur. We'll see.

Robert A Whit
01-01-2013, 09:13 PM
The report may not been seen in full for half a century. Obama clearly is a major stonewaller.

Kathianne
01-01-2013, 09:28 PM
The report may not been seen in full for half a century. Obama clearly is a major stonewaller.

Please expound on Benghazi attack and 50 years or more. Awaiting this with baited breath.

Robert A Whit
01-01-2013, 09:49 PM
Please expound on Benghazi attack and 50 years or more. Awaiting this with baited breath.

Given that a lot was classified about President John Kennedy along with material on other presidents,it is possible that Obama and his gang can keep the lid on this for as long as it was kept on Kennedy's life.

I do not expect Obama to release the way the talking points were developed or how he assigned his messengers to dispense false information.

Kathianne
01-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Given that a lot was classified about President John Kennedy along with material on other presidents,it is possible that Obama and his gang can keep the lid on this for as long as it was kept on Kennedy's life.

I do not expect Obama to release the way the talking points were developed or how he assigned his messengers to dispense false information.

Ok, just nice to know where you are coming from. I don't think Obama's legacy will get JFK's which indeed was cut short. As was Johnson's, Nixon's, etc. We'll likely find out, at least our kids will.