PDA

View Full Version : Michael Moore’s New Year’s Resolution: "Stop Saying, 'I Support the Troops.' I Don't"

red states rule
01-02-2013, 03:15 AM
Once again the left shows their "support" for the US military and those brave men and women protect their rights and freedom to spit in their face
Schlockumentary filmmaker Michael Moore has some peculiar New Year’s resolutions that he published (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-moore/my-new-years-resolutions_2_b_2390024.html) at the Huffington Post Monday evening.
At number four was “Stop saying, ‘I support the troops.’ I don't. I used to.”
“I understand why so many enlisted after 9/11,” Moore continued. “Sadly, many of them were then trapped and sent off to invade Iraq. I felt for all of them. I understood those who joined because of a lousy economy. But at some point all individuals must answer for their actions, and now that we know our military leaders do things that have nothing to do with defending our lives, why would anyone sign up (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/01/01/michael-moore-s-new-year-s-resolution-stop-saying-i-support-troops-i#) for this rogue organization?”
Isn’t that special?
Then Moore, possibly realizing how inflammatory this was, added a fifth resolution:
Apologize for No. 4. I have enormous respect for anyone who would offer to sacrifice their life to defend my right to live. Is there any greater gift one can give another? It's not the troops' fault they're sent to invade other countries for dubious reasons and outright lies. It's OUR responsibility to prevent this, to elect representatives who believe in peace, and to only put our troops in harm's way when it's absolutely necessary. My uncle was killed in World War II. Today would have been his 90th birthday. My dad still misses him. Our family has served this country in the military since the Revolutionary War. None of them watch Fox News.
This guy’s a sketch, isn’t he?

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/01/01/michael-moore-s-new-year-s-resolution-stop-saying-i-support-troops-i#ixzz2GrZCeOiO

jafar00
01-02-2013, 04:21 AM
Once again the left shows their "support" for the US military and those brave men and women protect their rights and freedom to spit in their face

How did the troops protect your rights and freedom? It's seems both have taken a beating in the last decade.

All the troops have done is go elsewhere to restrict the rights and freedoms of other people.

red states rule
01-02-2013, 04:28 AM
How did the troops protect your rights and freedom? It's seems both have taken a beating in the last decade.

All the troops have done is go elsewhere to restrict the rights and freedoms of other people.
http://www.thoseshirts.com/images/square-large-tour.gif
I know assholes like you will never get this, but the US has liberated more people on Earth then any other nation in the world. Our military has taken out dictators and stopped the slaughter of helpless people for the last 200 years. Even pitiful morons like you would get our help if you needed it.

Marcus Aurelius
01-02-2013, 07:25 AM

Tell that to the people of...

Eastern China
Indochina
Thailand
Burman
Philipines
Indonesia
Soloman Islands
New Guiniea
Morroco
Algeria
Kuwait
Iraq
Afghanistan
Panama

...you sack of pig shit.

darin
01-02-2013, 07:44 AM

That's quite astute, in part. Our personal freedoms have taken a hit in the last half-decade. Citizens are now trying to fight for their rights. By definitions, rights are not up for debate - yet we continue to allow our officials to strip or limit our rights in the names of various pet-agenda.

Our Soldiers - in fact - have done nothing to prevent us losing freedoms since we elected a liberal majority of senators and a president.

Our troops have tried to bring freedom to many people who simply would rather cower to religious dictatorships in essence. We have lead millions of horses to water - we've died trying to instill the dignity of Freedom to masses who prefer - it seems - the foolishness of facsism.

taft2012
01-02-2013, 07:52 AM

Indeed, Saddam's Iraq was known for its openness and liberality, as was the Taliban's Afghanistan.

All American troops did was bring darkness to those otherwise bright beacons of progressive living.

tailfins
01-02-2013, 10:29 AM

Their intent is to protect our rights and freedoms. They shouldn't be blamed for being misled. Think of the slang expression: "Being a good soldier."

aboutime
01-02-2013, 11:01 AM
http://www.thoseshirts.com/images/square-large-tour.gif
I know assholes like you will never get this, but the US has liberated more people on Earth then any other nation in the world. Our military has taken out dictators and stopped the slaughter of helpless people for the last 200 years. Even pitiful morons like you would get our help if you needed it.

Once again. jafar is merely demonstrating how to use his training as an Instigator. More like the little boy on the playground who hides behind a tree....then launches MUD BALLS at the other children because They Don't Like Him, and he's a BULLY.
Jafar has no purpose here, other than being a mysterious Hamas supporter who pretends to follow his Religion of Peace, while helping Hamas load their Shoulder Mounted Rockets aimed at WHOEVER they can hurt, or scare.

Jafar is a FALSE PROPHET, probably to his own family. If he has one.

tailfins
01-02-2013, 11:07 AM
Once again. jafar is merely demonstrating how to use his training as an Instigator. More like the little boy on the playground who hides behind a tree....then launches MUD BALLS at the other children because They Don't Like Him, and he's a BULLY.
Jafar has no purpose here, other than being a mysterious Hamas supporter who pretends to follow his Religion of Peace, while helping Hamas load their Shoulder Mounted Rockets aimed at WHOEVER they can hurt, or scare.

Jafar is a FALSE PROPHET, probably to his own family. If he has one.

I honestly think he just doesn't know any better. He seems to conduct his affairs in an honorable manner. He's just grossly misinformed.

Drummond
01-02-2013, 12:56 PM

Jafar - - I'm not even American, but even I find your post offensive !!

Be honest. Your New Year resolution was to be as outrageous on this forum as you could possibly imagine ... wasn't it ?

America's troops, over this past decade, have been in a near-continual war against terrorist scum. Some they've killed. Some have been captured (.. as Gitmo proves, of course). Every killed terrorist, or terrorist taken out of circulation, is one less terrorist capable of either directly threatening the United States (or for that matter, other Western countries such as my own).

And .. guess what ? The fewer terrorists around, the more the chance there is of rights and freedoms being protected. Or .. do you somehow believe, Jafar, that to have MORE terrorists around, wanting to attack Western powers, is something that will ENHANCE freedoms and security considerations ?

Tell me, Jafar, those poor victims of 9/11 ... those who were condemned to death by the Twin Towers attacks, for example ... weren't they robbed of the 'right' and the 'freedom' to LIVE ??? And, by taking more and more terrorists out of the equation, aren't such basic rights as these enhanced for the ordinary citizen ??

America didn't ask for a bunch of subhuman Muslim terrorist savages to put them on a war footing, but 9/11 proved the absolute necessity of fighting the War on Terror. How many attacks have been prevented since ? How many lives saved ?

Perhaps you'd like to suggest, would you, that taking out Osama bin Laden -- as was achieved from a US military action -- had NO impact, then or since, upon his capacity to carry on, as figurehead for Al Qaeda ? Perhaps you know for a certain fact that NOTHING was gained by that operation ? Because, Jafar, if this really is your thinking, try justifying it if you can .. and without coming across as a terrorist supporter in the process !!

Let's suppose that no attacks had ever been made against Afghanistan, or Iraq. The Al Qaeda training camps in Afghanistan would've carried on, training more and more terrorist recruits over the years, those undoubtedly resulting in further anti-Western attacks, with the US as their chief target. And do you think that the right, and the freedom, to LIVE might've not been compromised for some innocent people as a consequence ??

What if Saddam had never been dealt with ? What if he'd managed to so successfully defy UN sanctions that every tinpot dictator, and every terrorist grouping imaginable, had got it into their heads that they could store and keep all the WMD's they could ever want ? Now .. how, today, would THAT have impacted upon the rights, freedoms, security, of today's Westerner ??

So .. NO, Jafar. Your position is no less than outrageous. US citizens owe their military people a great debt of thanks for the great good they've done them, and continue to do, often at great risk to life and limb. And, perhaps more indirectly, yet with no less clear reason, OTHER Western countries should consider they've much reason for gratitude and appreciation. When terrorists are dealt with, as they MUST be .. we ALL stand to benefit.

So very far from trying to pour scorn on the US military's efforts, Jafar, you should appreciate their efforts to help keep our world a more civilised place, SHAME ON YOU for taking the position you do ... you, the self-confessed supporter of Hamas terrorist SCUM.

tailfins
01-02-2013, 01:52 PM
I just want to make something clear: While I am very sterile, clinical, cold regarding Jafar's point of view, I'm just as sterile, clinical, cold when it comes to defending the interests of the USA. Uncle Sam needs to do what it needs to do in order to get the job done for the safety of Americans in the US and traveling abroad, as well as whatever needs to be done to protect the economy by ensuring the free flow of oil at market prices. If it costs lives, then that's just what it costs.

aboutime
01-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Jafar - - I'm not even American, but even I find your post offensive !!

Be honest. Your New Year resolution was to be as outrageous on this forum as you could possibly imagine ... wasn't it ?

America's troops, over this past decade, have been in a near-continual war against terrorist scum. Some they've killed. Some have been captured (.. as Gitmo proves, of course). Every killed terrorist, or terrorist taken out of circulation, is one less terrorist capable of either directly threatening the United States (or for that matter, other Western countries such as my own).

And .. guess what ? The fewer terrorists around, the more the chance there is of rights and freedoms being protected. Or .. do you somehow believe, Jafar, that to have MORE terrorists around, wanting to attack Western powers, is something that will ENHANCE freedoms and security considerations ?

Tell me, Jafar, those poor victims of 9/11 ... those who were condemned to death by the Twin Towers attacks, for example ... weren't they robbed of the 'right' and the 'freedom' to LIVE ??? And, by taking more and more terrorists out of the equation, aren't such basic rights as these enhanced for the ordinary citizen ??

America didn't ask for a bunch of subhuman Muslim terrorist savages to put them on a war footing, but 9/11 proved the absolute necessity of fighting the War on Terror. How many attacks have been prevented since ? How many lives saved ?

Perhaps you'd like to suggest, would you, that taking out Osama bin Laden -- as was achieved from a US military action -- had NO impact, then or since, upon his capacity to carry on, as figurehead for Al Qaeda ? Perhaps you know for a certain fact that NOTHING was gained by that operation ? Because, Jafar, if this really is your thinking, try justifying it if you can .. and without coming across as a terrorist supporter in the process !!

Let's suppose that no attacks had ever been made against Afghanistan, or Iraq. The Al Qaeda training camps in Afghanistan would've carried on, training more and more terrorist recruits over the years, those undoubtedly resulting in further anti-Western attacks, with the US as their chief target. And do you think that the right, and the freedom, to LIVE might've not been compromised for some innocent people as a consequence ??

What if Saddam had never been dealt with ? What if he'd managed to so successfully defy UN sanctions that every tinpot dictator, and every terrorist grouping imaginable, had got it into their heads that they could store and keep all the WMD's they could ever want ? Now .. how, today, would THAT have impacted upon the rights, freedoms, security, of today's Westerner ??

So .. NO, Jafar. Your position is no less than outrageous. US citizens owe their military people a great debt of thanks for the great good they've done them, and continue to do, often at great risk to life and limb. And, perhaps more indirectly, yet with no less clear reason, OTHER Western countries should consider they've much reason for gratitude and appreciation. When terrorists are dealt with, as they MUST be .. we ALL stand to benefit.

So very far from trying to pour scorn on the US military's efforts, Jafar, you should appreciate their efforts to help keep our world a more civilised place, SHAME ON YOU for taking the position you do ... you, the self-confessed supporter of Hamas terrorist SCUM.

Drummond. As I have said before. Jafar is nothing but a co-Bomb Thrower like James. Bullies that play together, as they appear to do. Are just following the instructions of others who managed to lead them wherever they wanted. That's how subversion, and propaganda work so well together.
A large percentage of the NON-THINKING, IRRESPONSIBLE American public is so easily led. They take the words of a jafar, and James as if it was written in stone...as long as there is SOMETHING FREE in it for them.
They really don't care. And thankfully for all of us who are Responsible. The jafar's, and James who live in their own, hate-filled world. They have no power BEYOND this forum.
Come to think of it. Jafar, and James are merely MIRROR images...in their own, weakened, challenged minds, of Obama, and our Democrats who are happily destroying our nation.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-02-2013, 08:01 PM
I honestly think he just doesn't know any better. He seems to conduct his affairs in an honorable manner. He's just grossly misinformed.

The guy is intelligent and knows how to use a computer, how to use a search engine! He should educate himself then. Why doesn't he do that?
Answer is his religion has blinded him. All that does not jive with Islam is wrong according to him..
Blinded by faith is the worst kind.. It stands to reason that ALL religions can not be correct. He happens to be brainwashed into one that happens to be the worst one IMHO.-Tyr

jimnyc
01-02-2013, 08:25 PM

You are correct, the US military HAS taken a beating, from the court of public opinion, and for the uninformed around the world, for always following orders. Or the US Soldiers are all vilified for the actions of a few, something I know you yourself abhor. They take a beating here, like political pawns, and from those opposed to war. Again, they follow orders from their superiors. Short of sneaking out of camp and shooting a foreign civilian, the orders the troops follow are lawful and a part of war. What you are trying to do, and many do, is vilify the American troops for something that you politically disagree with. These are soldiers, doing their JOBS, following orders from superiors as they were well trained to do. Where they go and when is pretty much out of their control.

And how? Every single one of them does so every single time they put that uniform on. We've created the best, free nation, starting almost 250 years ago. A lot of people died from the very beginning and throughout many wars protecting this free nation and our ways under the constitution. This is why most join the military, they think they are being rewarded by being able to serve, where so many others are fearful. And every day of every year, others are joining, wishing to continue the tradition of serving, honoring and protecting our nation. They are protecting our rights and freedoms just by placing the uniform on.

Oh, and ALL of the beatings have been politically or from a few bad eggs making the majority look bad. If you look at things from a war perspective, even by being torn thin in various areas, the US troops have literally trounced every opponent they have faced. And the numbers would be MUCH higher if the US troops didn't work under much stronger rules and ethics than the majority of their opposition.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-02-2013, 08:34 PM
Moore should have his sorry ass stomped by somebody that really knows how to do it IMHO!!!
The guy is pure scum!--Tyr

aboutime
01-02-2013, 08:53 PM
The guy is intelligent and knows how to use a computer, how to use a search engine! He should educate himself then. Why doesn't he do that?
Answer is his religion has blinded him. All that does not jive with Islam is wrong according to him..
Blinded by faith is the worst kind.. It stands to reason that ALL religions can not be correct. He happens to be brainwashed into one that happens to be the worst one IMHO.-Tyr

Tyr. He and James, with gabby are just Mud-ball slinging. That's all they know how to do. They create arguments, despite having their own false set of facts. And their only intentions are...to create anger, just like HARRY REID did with the Speaker, who told him to GET "F'd". And if Harry could figure a way to do it. He would since WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS...no longer stays in VEGAS, Where Harry pretended to help his people by SCREWING THEM with OBAMA.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-02-2013, 09:13 PM

Back in my wild younger days in the early 1970's I knew a guy that conducted his affairs and interaction with acquaintances /friends in an honorable manner. The guy wouldn't cheat anybody out of so much as even a dime. Honest and upright in all his known dealings. This was known about him for well over a decade there . All that time he ran a crew of guys that robbed ,sold drugs and hired out to deliver justice for money. Meaning they'd beat the hell out of anybody for money. Guy tried to recruit me but I refused. Told him I fight for a personal just reason but not for money. Damn if he didn't like the hell out of me saying that to him face to face. We became friends and it took me quite a few years to discover the real guy underneath the image! I worked as a bouncer my first couple years in a club that he owned.. He died in the early 90's somewhere in Florida. Very few ever knew his true character and method of enriching himself. Maybe a handful knew. I knew and stop talking to him after about two years of friendship . After about a year he sent a guy to ask me to meet him at his house. I went and right there in his home he asked me why I had been avoiding him. I told him because I didn't approve of drug dealers! He laughed and said to me, "I bet Vince a hundred bucks before you got here that was it"! Vince bet it was , "because I had one of your friends beat up pretty badly". Well Frank thought that was funny as hell and told me he knew that was wrong because had I felt that way he was sure I would have at least knocked the hell out of him at least once. Then he asked me was he correct?! Asked me face to face , he was that kind of guy. My reply tickled the living hell out of him. I was mean as hell back then and feared no man or beast! I replied , No sir, I believe I wouldn't have knocked the hell out of you once , most likely if I'd known and it was a close friend of mine I'd "stomped your ass right" !
That man laughed , rose up , crossed the room and shook my hand! He then said, "damn I wish you'd come in with us. You'll get rich"! My reply was maybe I WILL GET RICH SOMEDAY BUT IT'LL BE A WAY THAT I'M PROUD OF AND THAT MY FATHER AND GRANDFATHER WOULD BE PROUD OF. A week later I was in Atlanta Georgia for a few months. When I came back home he had moved to Florida never to return. He died in the early 90's I heard from a friend but he never went to jail or ever got charged with anything. People in my hometown still talk about what a fine upright man he was . And in some ways he was! However in other ways he surely was not.
Life and people are like that..Often you just never know! --Tyr

gabosaurus
01-02-2013, 09:29 PM
Anyone who has met Michael Moore knows that he is the far left version of Ann Coulter.
Michael Moore supports himself. Everything he says and does is about him, and meant to further burnish his reputation and bank account.
There is nothing Moore can say or do that would surprise me.

red states rule
01-03-2013, 03:13 AM
Anyone who has met Michael Moore knows that he is the far left version of Ann Coulter.
Michael Moore supports himself. Everything he says and does is about him, and meant to further burnish his reputation and bank account.
But he is held in high esteem in the liberal media and his movies are often promoted and referenced as fact. Of course Moore is not the only lib to publicly insult our troops, Here is Sen Dick Durbin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqIlXfkylD4 and here is John Kerry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLuMWiQ6r2o

Drummond
01-04-2013, 12:33 AM

Well, these things happen, it seems .. here, we actually have a post from Gabby that I can agree with ... !!:uhoh:

But still, the comparison between Moore and Ann Coulter is an excellent one, and I totally agree .. and have, for years ! On other forums where I've posted, I've made much the same comparison.

And I have a complaint.

Here's the thing. Over here in the UK, even though this is now less true now than it was a couple of years ago .. the fact is that Michael Moore certainly was a household name here in the UK. Moore travelled here, has given interviews (to the BBC, to Sky News) .. has publicised his work, his brand of politics, has received favourable reactions at the Cannes film festival, etc etc. His films have been shown on our TV channels, all of that.

Moore made an effort over here, and in doing so, advanced his 'cause'. Because, you see .. yes, it would've fed his bank balance to do all that, but more than that, Lefties think GLOBALLY. Moore also wants to spread his worldview way beyond US shores, and so the effort was made.

Ann Coulter, by total contrast, has made NO such effort. If she's ever travelled here, I'm unaware of it. Ann isn't at all a household name. In fact, if it hadn't been for a Leftie work colleague who introduced me to her work, I might still be unaware of her and her various books.

The laughable thing of it is that the Leftie colleague believed that he could use the example of Coulter as one of Right-wing extremism, as a stick to beat Right-wing philosophising with. It aggravated him no end to see me taking an interest in her work and becoming a fan of it !!! I took pleasure in buying a book of hers and offering to lend it to him ... repeatedly ....

Ann has no obvious interest in international opinion, apparently. It's not that she has been ignored as such .. because I recall, I think, the Guardian newspaper publishing an article on her some years ago that did its best to rubbish her reputation (.. well, it IS a Leftie rag ..). Ann is an easy target for them BECAUSE of that disinterest. I can only recall a single British interview she gave, via transatlantic link, to Jeremy Paxman of the BBC's (.. now discredited ..) Newsnight programme. Paxman, too, did his best to paint her as an extremist - Ann fought back brilliantly, though ...

Ann needs to match Moore's efforts, it seems to me .. I'd be over the moon if she ever came to the UK and made that effort. As it is, Moore has badly outflanked her, and made progress with public opinion by making his trips here, giving his interviews, peddling his poison. If it hadn't been for some moderately mocking journalism by Janet Street-Porter, who proved to us how totally inaccessible Moore is when it suits him to be, his 'persona' might still enjoy greater popularity with us Brits today ...

Kathianne
01-04-2013, 12:38 AM
Well, these things happen, it seems .. here, we actually have a post from Gabby that I can agree with ... !!:uhoh:

But still, the comparison between Moore and Ann Coulter is an excellent one, and I totally agree .. and have, for years ! On other forums where I've posted, I've made much the same comparison.

And I have a complaint.

Here's the thing. Over here in the UK, even though this is now less true now than it was a couple of years ago .. the fact is that Michael Moore certainly was a household name here in the UK. Moore travelled here, has given interviews (to the BBC, to Sky News) .. has publicised his work, his brand of politics, has received favourable reactions at the Cannes film festival, etc etc. His films have been shown on our TV channels, all of that.

Moore made an effort over here, and in doing so, advanced his 'cause'. Because, you see .. yes, it would've fed his bank balance to do all that, but more than that, Lefties think GLOBALLY. Moore also wants to spread his worldview way beyond US shores, and so the effort was made.

Ann Coulter, by total contrast, has made NO such effort. If she's ever travelled here, I'm unaware of it. Ann isn't at all a household name. In fact, if it hadn't been for a Leftie work colleague who introduced me to her work, I might still be unaware of her and her various books.

The laughable thing of it is that the Leftie colleague believed that he could use the example of Coulter as one of Right-wing extremism, as a stick to beat Right-wing philosophising with. It aggravated him no end to see me taking an interest in her work and becoming a fan of it !!! I took pleasure in buying a book of hers and offering to lend it to him ... repeatedly ....

Ann needs to match Moore's efforts, it seems to me .. I'd be over the moon if she ever came to the UK and made that effort. As it is, Moore has badly outflanked her, and made progress with public opinion by making his trips here, giving his interviews, peddling his poison. If it hadn't been for some moderately mocking journalism by Janet Street-Porter, who proved to us how totally inaccessible Moore is when it suits him to be, his 'persona' might still enjoy greater popularity with us Brits today ...

While I am less a Coulter fan than you, it's the story of conservatives, failing to sell the message.

Drummond
01-04-2013, 01:07 AM
While I am less a Coulter fan than you, it's the story of conservatives, failing to sell the message.

Yes, very true. You're right.

I think my 'Lefties think globally' comment is much of the point, though. The Left strives to get a form of international consensus that acts to counter Right-wing thought. People post about how America gets a bad press in other countries .. a great deal of why that is, is because the Left unifies its voice to spread propaganda against it .. and in a number of ways. Institutionally, for one .. consider the example of Amnesty International ...

I've just dug out a YouTube link of the BBC interview with Ann Coulter, by the way, conducted by Paxman (the sound quality isn't great, unfortunately). I'm a little surprised to see it's six years old ! I suggest people view it, as a study in projected bias. Paxman doesn't exactly try to disguise an evident contempt for her, doing his level best to see to it that viewers dismiss her as an extremist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aiHbUplz3k

Watching this makes my blood boil.

Kathianne
01-04-2013, 02:17 AM
Yes, very true. You're right.

I think my 'Lefties think globally' comment is much of the point, though. The Left strives to get a form of international consensus that acts to counter Right-wing thought. People post about how America gets a bad press in other countries .. a great deal of why that is, is because the Left unifies its voice to spread propaganda against it .. and in a number of ways. Institutionally, for one .. consider the example of Amnesty International ...

I've just dug out a YouTube link of the BBC interview with Ann Coulter, by the way, conducted by Paxman (the sound quality isn't great, unfortunately). I'm a little surprised to see it's six years old ! I suggest people view it, as a study in projected bias. Paxman doesn't exactly try to disguise an evident contempt for her, doing his level best to see to it that viewers dismiss her as an extremist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aiHbUplz3k

Watching this makes my blood boil.

I could be way off here, but in my opinion conservatives in the US are not trying to remake the world, certainly not trying to alliance with other conservatives world wide, at the grass roots level. That indeed, brings a level of hubris that is an antithesis to their thinking. They don't want other countries interfering with US and don't want others laws being used in our courts, including the UN.

I may be over stating, but that's how I see it. Now if other countries have conservatives that take heart with some of ours? No problem-we see this in our relations with UK. Many, including myself can and do take lessons from Churchill, Thatcher, and yes, even Tony Blair. The first was dealing from a relative position of strength for a time. The second from a leadership of strength and a will to gain back power. The last from a position of weakness, but desire to do what was right and mostly with an eye on morals of those that rule.

Seriously Drummond, US has very quickly joined at the time of Churchill's last administration and were falling faster that UK then.

SassyLady
01-04-2013, 02:31 AM

And I have a complaint.

Ann has no obvious interest in international opinion, apparently. It's not that she has been ignored as such .. because I recall, I think, the Guardian newspaper publishing an article on her some years ago that did its best to rubbish her reputation (.. well, it IS a Leftie rag ..). Ann is an easy target for them BECAUSE of that disinterest. I can only recall a single British interview she gave, via transatlantic link, to Jeremy Paxman of the BBC's (.. now discredited ..) Newsnight programme. Paxman, too, did his best to paint her as an extremist - Ann fought back brilliantly, though ...

Drummond, you are soooo right about Moore/lefties. They want a one-world order ... presumably with them at the top of the food chain. Coulter, on the other hand wants what is best for America ... and if that means world domination to keep us on top .... then so be it. She is definitely not PC.

The person who I absolutely love right now is Greg Gutfeld. Host of Red Eye, and the Five .... comedian that makes Coulter look like PC guru. His latest book, the Joy of Hate is must have.

Kathianne
01-04-2013, 02:34 AM
Drummond, you are soooo right about Moore/lefties. They want a one-world order ... presumably with them at the top of the food chain. Coulter, on the other hand wants what is best for America ... and if that means world domination to keep us on top .... then so be it. She is definitely not PC.

The person who I absolutely love right now is Greg Gutfeld. Host of Red Eye, and the Five .... comedian that makes Coulter look like PC guru. His latest book, the Joy of Hate is must have.

Gutfeld rules! High five!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-04-2013, 09:37 AM

Conservatives greatest failing in my opinion is their belief that others when told their views will recognize as easily as they do the absolute correctness and imperative need to understand and apply those views to real world politics. The failing is that conservatives give others too much credit for being as educated and rational as they are! Which is simply not the case.
Our socialist public education system has spent many decades making damn sure that isn't the case!!! Which is why I had to busted my ass re-teaching my daughter for 18 years the fallacies that the school teachers spewed forth. Obviously not all parents see the need to do and most did not do so.
Example-- The average high school graduate of 1938 was far more educated than the average college graduate of today. --Tyr