PDA

View Full Version : Cruise 'is Christ' of Scientology

-Cp
01-23-2007, 09:11 PM
I don't know if I should laugh or cry....

TOM Cruise is the new “Christ” of Scientology, according to leaders of the cult-like religion.

The Mission: Impossible star has been told he has been “chosen” to spread the word of his faith throughout the world.

And leader David Miscavige believes that in future, Cruise, 44, will be worshipped like Jesus for his work to raise awareness of the religion.

A source close to the actor, who has risen to one of the church’s top levels, said: “Tom has been told he is Scientology’s Christ-like figure.

“Like Christ, he’s been criticised for his views. But future generations will realise he was right.”

Cruise joined the Church of Scientology in the ’80s. Leader L Ron Hubbard claimed humans bear traces of an ancient alien civilisation.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2007030603,00.html

darin
01-23-2007, 09:18 PM
They'll find out... :(

Gaffer
01-23-2007, 09:24 PM
Cruise is an idiot just like the rest of the scientology nut cases. When is the cruci-"fiction" planned for? He's just the kind of fool they needed to promote their go nowhere religion. Without him the cult would be as dead as its founder.

Grumplestillskin
01-23-2007, 09:26 PM
Similar thing happened about 2000 years ago, now look where we are? Ditto re about 1400 years ago. Cult of personality I reckon....

jillian
01-23-2007, 09:36 PM
Reminds me of an expresion I once heard.... the difference between a cult and a religion... about 2,000 years.

Pale Rider
01-23-2007, 10:45 PM
There's no comparison between tommie and Christ. tommie is a hollywierd whack job. Christ spread some of the most meaningful teachings known to man.

So you people that think tommie is an equal to Christ.... please let us know when they write the first book about him that's equal to the Bible. The most read book ever in the world, and the best seller. Let us also know when they build the first temple or church for him, and his congregation comes in and prays to him. Let us know when he ascends into his heaven. :uhoh:

Grumplestillskin
01-23-2007, 11:19 PM
So you people that think tommie is an equal to Christ.... please let us know when they write the first book about him that's equal to the Bible. The most read book ever in the world, and the best seller. Let us also know when they build the first temple or church for him, and his congregation comes in and prays to him. Let us know when he ascends into his heaven. :uhoh:

And you think Christianity or Islam had ANY of those things 30 years into their religion?

Pale Rider
01-24-2007, 02:38 AM
And you think Christianity or Islam had ANY of those things 30 years into their religion?

Just get back to me when you witness any of tommies diety powers. :uhoh:

Grumplestillskin
01-24-2007, 03:42 AM
Just get back to me when you witness any of tommies diety powers. :uhoh:

I will, just as soon as you can get back to me with any solid proof of Jesus's ;)

01-24-2007, 07:55 AM

yes to both.

5stringJeff
01-24-2007, 11:45 AM

Christianity had some of the NT written 30 years after Christ's death and resurrection. People were praying and baptizing in Jesus' name. And while there may not have been church buildings built, the Church, as a body of believers, was growing daily.

Grumplestillskin
01-24-2007, 01:28 PM
Scientology has texts and houses of worship being built too.....:dunno:

5stringJeff
01-24-2007, 01:43 PM
And which of Scientology's deities was publicly executed, then appeared alive to over 500 people weeks later?

eighballsidepocket
01-24-2007, 04:05 PM
And which of Scientology's deities was publicly executed, then appeared alive to over 500 people weeks later?

You just presented a major stumbling block to many in here.

By the way, those 500 witnesses isn't enough for them. Nowadays 2 or more witnesses is enough for a conviction, but when it comes to Jesus, it ain't enough.

As much as I respect the apostle Thomas, he is a reflection of this society. He wouldn't take the word of his close friends, he had to see the scars on the hands, his side, feel them, and finally he fell down and said, "My Lord, and My God!". He Thomas also got a mild/stiff rebuke from Jesus too. Blessed are those who will believe but haven't seen. That's us, the latter! We accept the written account, we believe, we didn't need to feel the scars with our own hands. Someday we will get to touch, and see, but we believed first.

They want a repeat showing just for themselves personally. Actually, I wonder if they did see things personally, if they would still desire to stay skeptics?

In other words, they don't want to believe it, so they will throw out every lame excuse possible. Christianity/Jesus either drew men to God, or caused men to rebell and exhibit all sorts inhumane degrees of actions. Jesus even cried out, upon entering Jerusalem for his last time, that He desired to gather all his kinsmen to Him as a Mother Hen gathers her chicks under her wings. He was greeted with palm branches and worship, a couple days later, He was spat on for not being the type of King they wanted.

2,000 years ago, it was a big conspiracy by these ex tax collectors, fishermen, etc. to start a world wide religion. Yeh, right. These guys all walked away from their trades, their economic securities to follow this Rabbai, who didn't promise them anything of material security. Why would they stick their collective necks out on this, Jesus guy? Why would there be so many followers that knew that picking Jesus might be their death sentence? Were they mindless Lemmens? Why would they not renounce their faith in the Colloseum, and avoid being torn asunder by lions, tigers, bears, or swordmen? Is it because they held onto a reality that superceded even the 5 senses of earthly life?

The ClayTaurus
01-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Cruise is an idiot just like the rest of the scientology nut cases. When is the cruci-"fiction" planned for? He's just the kind of fool they needed to promote their go nowhere religion. Without him the cult would be as dead as its founder.Come on, man

Cruise-a-"fiction"

Step up your word play ;)

Gaffer
01-24-2007, 05:29 PM
Come on, man

Cruise-a-"fiction"

Step up your word play ;)

Yeah that is better, wish I had thought of it. I was just to busy laughing at cruise being a christ figure.

The ClayTaurus
01-24-2007, 05:39 PM
Yeah that is better, wish I had thought of it. I was just to busy laughing at cruise being a christ figure.You had the right idea, at least.

Grumplestillskin
01-24-2007, 06:05 PM

Not yet, but it could happen! Jesus's supposed ressurrection is hearsay at best..

Grumplestillskin
01-24-2007, 06:06 PM
2,000 years ago, it was a big conspiracy by these ex tax collectors, fishermen, etc. to start a world wide religion. Yeh, right. These guys all walked away from their trades, their economic securities to follow this Rabbai, who didn't promise them anything of material security. Why would they stick their collective necks out on this, Jesus guy? Why would there be so many followers that knew that picking Jesus might be their death sentence? Were they mindless Lemmens? Why would they not renounce their faith in the Colloseum, and avoid being torn asunder by lions, tigers, bears, or swordmen? Is it because they held onto a reality that superceded even the 5 senses of earthly life?

You could argue that about Jim Jone's followers, Muslims, scientologists - any religion...

5stringJeff
01-24-2007, 06:07 PM
No, Jesus' resurrection was witnessed by over 500 people, a few of whom wrote about it in a book called the Bible.

01-24-2007, 06:51 PM
Not yet, but it could happen! Jesus's supposed ressurrection is hearsay at best..

Direct written testimony is hardly hearsay.

Grumplestillskin
01-24-2007, 09:32 PM
No, Jesus' resurrection was witnessed by over 500 people, a few of whom wrote about it in a book called the Bible.

Who were those 500 people? What were their names? Occupations? What did they ACTUALLY see? Did they see Jesus go into the tomb? Arise from the tomb?

Grumplestillskin
01-24-2007, 09:34 PM
Direct written testimony is hardly hearsay.

What testimony? And don't say the NT either, because with the exception of certain facts (Herod was king, there was a place called Judea), the vast majority of the book is hearsay.

Said1
01-27-2007, 02:51 PM

Why Tommy himself, in one of his movies. :lmao: