PDA

View Full Version : Happy Memorial Day! - a Memorial Thread to Joan

Joan
05-28-2007, 08:45 PM
Perhaps I missed this, but I didn't see a thread about today! Personally I had family in WWII - one who went down on the battleship in Pearl Harbor, My brother served during Korea, and a cousin who served in Vietnam.

My feelings are God Bless all our servicemen (and women) and bring those serving now home safely!!

JLO
05-28-2007, 08:46 PM
Perhaps I missed this, but I didn't see a thread about today! Personally I had family in WWII - one who went down on the battleship in Pearl Harbor, My brother served during Korea, and a cousin who served in Vietnam.

My feelings are God Bless all our servicemen (and women) and bring those serving now home safely!!

Well said! :clap:

stephanie
05-28-2007, 08:47 PM
:salute:

God bless our military members...past and present..

lily
05-28-2007, 08:47 PM
I'd like to thank all of those who served.

glockmail
05-28-2007, 09:49 PM

gabosaurus
05-29-2007, 02:17 AM
I took the day to honor both of my grandfathers.
My paternal grandfather served in England during World War II. He was stationed someplace where they repaired vehicles and weaponry.
My maternal grandfather fought on the Eastern Front for the German Army. He served his country.
I am told that I had a paternal relative who died in the Philippines during the initial Japanese assault, but have never been able to confirm this.

nevadamedic
05-29-2007, 02:19 AM
:salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::s alute::laugh2:

glockmail
05-29-2007, 07:57 AM
I took the day to honor both of my grandfathers.
My paternal grandfather served in England during World War II. He was stationed someplace where they repaired vehicles and weaponry.
My maternal grandfather fought on the Eastern Front for the German Army. He served his country.
I am told that I had a paternal relative who died in the Philippines during the initial Japanese assault, but have never been able to confirm this.

So you grandparents technically fought against each other. That's awesome when you think about it. Must be interesting reunions.

darin
07-06-2010, 12:45 PM
RIP Joan. May God bless and keep you in the next life.

stephanie
07-06-2010, 06:07 PM
very nice tribute to Joan dmp.

Mr. P
07-07-2010, 12:15 AM

Psychoblues
07-09-2010, 12:23 AM

Psychoblues

Jeff
07-15-2010, 07:52 PM
God Bless you Mom, you will be missed but never forgotten

jimnyc
09-09-2010, 12:28 PM
I miss you, Mom. I can't bear to unstick this thread even though some time has passed, and yet it's a reminder every time I check into the lounge section. :(

hjmick
09-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Damn Jim, you got me all weepy...

I know how you feel my man. Two years gone and there are still constant reminders of my dad.

Leave the thread. Before you know it, the reminder will make you smile with memories of your mom rather than the loss you feel.

jimnyc
01-31-2011, 10:18 AM
I miss you, Mom. I can't bear to unstick this thread even though some time has passed, and yet it's a reminder every time I check into the lounge section. :(

Not a day goes by that I don't think long and hard about my Mom. Many times, this morning included, I reached for my cell to call her while I was on the road. I used to call her daily while in my truck to help pass the time and catch up with her.

I'm going to unstick this thread as I don't think it's healthy to have such reminders in my face all the time. Besides, I miss my Mom so much that I surely don't need reminders anyway.

For those of you that still have your Mom's in your life, cherish every moment that you can with her. Someday you too might wish you can talk to her just one last time. Get all of those words in now and take nothing for granted.

NightTrain
01-31-2011, 01:32 PM
For those of you that still have your Mom's in your life, cherish every moment that you can with her. Someday you too might wish you can talk to her just one last time. Get all of those words in now and take nothing for granted.

Wise words indeed.

Kathianne
01-31-2011, 03:15 PM
Wise words indeed.

All of us that have lost parents or siblings would agree. Not a day goes by...

Psychoblues
02-01-2011, 12:48 AM
Thank you so much, jimbo, for sharing her with us and for keeping this thread at the top for all this time. I think of joan often and am always reminded in a funny way when she asked about the Masons and I responded. Within minutes, maybe seconds, you came in and made for certain that I knew for certain that she was your mom!!!!! Certainly I did know that but it just reminds me, I am so misunderstood around here!!!!!!

Anyhoo, you are a champion for your sharing and your caring. Strait up cat, my man.

Psychoblues

Abbey Marie
02-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Not a day goes by that I don't think long and hard about my Mom. Many times, this morning included, I reached for my cell to call her while I was on the road. I used to call her daily while in my truck to help pass the time and catch up with her.

I'm going to unstick this thread as I don't think it's healthy to have such reminders in my face all the time. Besides, I miss my Mom so much that I surely don't need reminders anyway.

Exactly how I feel about mine- I just want to talk to her one more time.

jimnyc
07-04-2011, 05:46 PM
It's been one year today that I lost my Mom. It doesn't get any easier and the pain remains the same. In fact, I wouldn't have it any other way. I think of her each and every day, and try to think back as far as I can into my childhood, up until her last days. I'm terrified that if I don't see her, that these memories will fade or just go away. It sucks when it's too late and you wish you had more pictures, videos or anything at all that will bring parts of her back to you. The only thing to do now is honor her in my daily actions and lifestyle & enjoy all of my fond memories. I love you Mom.