PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Sowell's thoughts

Trigg
01-03-2013, 05:49 PM
I enjoy reading his thoughts. The entire article is a good read

http://jewishworldreview.com/cols/sowell122512.php3#.UOYKZ6wkqWU

The more I study the history of intellectuals, the more they seem like a wrecking crew, dismantling civilization bit by bit — replacing what works with what sounds good

When Barack Obama refused to agree to a requested meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu — the leader of a country publicly and repeatedly threatened with annihilation by Iran's leaders, as the Iranians move toward creating nuclear bombs — I thought of a line from the old movie classic "Citizen Kane": "Charlie wasn't cruel. He just did cruel things."

There must be something liberating about ignorance. Back when most members of Congress had served in the military, there was a reluctance of politicians to try to tell military leaders how to run the military services. But, now that few members of Congress have ever served in the military, they are ready to impose all sorts of fashionable notions on the military.

Some people seem to think that, if life is not fair, then the answer is to turn more of the nation's resources over to politicians — who will, of course, then spend these resources in ways that increase the politicians' chances of getting reelected.

SassyLady
01-04-2013, 01:24 AM
Love Sowell .... just a sane, non-hysterical way of getting to the point.

aboutime
01-06-2013, 03:15 PM
Love Sowell .... just a sane, non-hysterical way of getting to the point.

If only MORE Americans knew who he was. Unlike the Liberal side of the political aisle who identifies Sowell as an Uncle Tom, and idiot.

Of course. They have to call him names. He tells the truth. And most of them have NO IDEA what the truth is.