PDA

View Full Version : The Liberal Nation: A Story

Hugh Lincoln
05-28-2007, 09:09 PM
Once upon a time, all the liberals were fed up with the Christian fascists and business types who ran their country, so they set up their own:

Liberal Nation.

There was first a debate over whether "nation" was politically correct enough, because it refers to birth, which is a bad thing. But it went through because nobody could think of a PC-enough term to replace it.

So, they got started. All the liberals were together, for a country. At first they noticed they were getting hungry, because nobody wanted to farm because that was "what rednecks do." So a few reluctantly started to farm, but they were shunned by the other liberals and so they didn't make much food.

Then they noticed that they didn't have many clothes, because nobody wanted to make them because there was only a union and no management. The union demanded $400/hour for wages, but nobody wanted to be the evil boss, so nothing at all was paid. They went naked.

Then they tried health care. But the first person who became a doctor was sued into oblivion by the lawyers for removing a hangnail too quickly and causing emotional distress. Five hundred lawyers all joined the lawsuit and got really rich off it. But they had nowhere to spend their money because there was little food and clothing.

Then, Liberal Nation was attacked. Half the people died because there was no military, because that would be "fascist."

A few decades later, the rest of the people died. There were no children to replace them, because all the babies were aborted. Liberal Nation was over.

The End.

Doniston
05-28-2007, 09:35 PM
Once upon a time, all the liberals were fed up with the Christian fascists and business types who ran their country, so they set up their own:

Liberal Nation.

There was first a debate over whether "nation" was politically correct enough, because it refers to birth, which is a bad thing. But it went through because nobody could think of a PC-enough term to replace it.

So, they got started. All the liberals were together, for a country. At first they noticed they were getting hungry, because nobody wanted to farm because that was "what rednecks do." So a few reluctantly started to farm, but they were shunned by the other liberals and so they didn't make much food.

Then they noticed that they didn't have many clothes, because nobody wanted to make them because there was only a union and no management. The union demanded $400/hour for wages, but nobody wanted to be the evil boss, so nothing at all was paid. They went naked.

Then they tried health care. But the first person who became a doctor was sued into oblivion by the lawyers for removing a hangnail too quickly and causing emotional distress. Five hundred lawyers all joined the lawsuit and got really rich off it. But they had nowhere to spend their money because there was little food and clothing.

Then, Liberal Nation was attacked. Half the people died because there was no military, because that would be "fascist."

A few decades later, the rest of the people died. There were no children to replace them, because all the babies were aborted. Liberal Nation was over.

The End. Very strange.

Hugh Lincoln
05-29-2007, 09:58 PM
Very strange.

Alright. If that's the vote of the board, I will re-evaluate my fictional satire writing career.

Pale Rider
05-29-2007, 10:01 PM
Very strange.

No... very true.

Pale Rider
05-29-2007, 10:01 PM
Alright. If that's the vote of the board, I will re-evaluate my fictional satire writing career.

I liked it. It was like you did a case study. It was right on.

nevadamedic
05-29-2007, 10:07 PM

Liberal Nation.

The End.

That was awesome :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
05-29-2007, 11:14 PM

I liked it. Keep writing. :salute:

Monkeybone
05-29-2007, 11:18 PM
nice HL. you make your point very well

Yurt
05-29-2007, 11:21 PM

Don't listen to him...

Hugh Lincoln
05-31-2007, 08:49 PM
nice HL. you make your point very well

Thanks... say, does your avatar feature breakfast-food coital relations?