PDA

View Full Version : Obamacare:Less Hiring 2013 Who'd Have Thought?

Kathianne
01-05-2013, 03:54 PM
Can't make these things up:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2012/12/30/health-care-law-jobs/1785641/

Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013Paul Davidson, USA TODAY8:12p.m. EST December 30, 2012
Many businesses plan to bring on more part-time workers next year, trim the hours of full-time employees or curtail hiring because of the new health care law, human resource firms say.

Their actions could further dampen job growth, which already is threatened by possible federal budget cutbacks resulting from the tax increases and spending cuts known as the fiscal cliff.

"It will have a negative impact on job creation" in 2013, says Mark Zandi, chief economist of Moody's Analytics.

fj1200
01-05-2013, 11:00 PM
^From Zandi of all people. :rolleyes:

April15
01-06-2013, 09:12 PM
Thirty-one percent of franchisees surveyed recently by the International Franchise Association said they plan to pare staff to get under the 50-employee threshold.

Well now this means that the employee will have to have there own insurance policy at a much greater expense than could be had by being in a group policy setup by the employer. Kinda ass backwards from my point of view. Oh well such is the mindset of the conservative negative naybobs. Thankfully in California in the San Francisco Bay Area there are many new jobs in electrical engineering and computer companies. Along with all of this good news is the housing growth and associated construction boom which is putting us in front of the curve again.

aboutime
01-06-2013, 10:16 PM
Thirty-one percent of franchisees surveyed recently by the International Franchise Association said they plan to pare staff to get under the 50-employee threshold.

Well now this means that the employee will have to have there own insurance policy at a much greater expense than could be had by being in a group policy setup by the employer. Kinda ass backwards from my point of view. Oh well such is the mindset of the conservative negative naybobs. Thankfully in California in the San Francisco Bay Area there are many new jobs in electrical engineering and computer companies. Along with all of this good news is the housing growth and associated construction boom which is putting us in front of the curve again.

It's all part of the Obamacare Design. Cause employers to either pay the Federal Obamacare fines, or force them to not exceed 50 employee's...which Obama wants to force those who have NO Employee Insurance...to be forced into buying OBAMACARE...at Prices OBAMA and the Democrats DECIDE.

Remember the SCOTUS ruling that called it "A TAX"?
That's what Obama DIDN'T WANT HIS IDIOT VOTERS to know...before they SIGNED THE BILL, and found out what was in it later.

fj1200
01-06-2013, 11:02 PM

I think you just stumbled onto the idiocy of the law. And do you see a lot of restaurant workers moving from fry cook to EE and computer science?

Robert A Whit
01-06-2013, 11:14 PM

One problem Tonto.

Nobody has to buy health insurance.

A fine/tax can be paid then we give the finger to Obama.

Most who lost jobs know nothing about electrical engineering and computers other than how to turn on and off the computer. I live in that area. We have so many vacant offices I wonder if they will ever get rented out.
Raise your hand if you want to rent an entire building with no occupants.

Folks, I will poll my real estate board for some facts on a housing recovery and get back to you.

Kathianne
01-07-2013, 03:40 AM
So now NYT chimes in with 'costs':

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/06/business/despite-new-health-law-some-see-sharp-rise-in-premiums.html?smid=pl-share&_r=1&

Health Insurers Raise Some Rates by Double DigitsHealth insurance (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/health/diseasesconditionsandhealthtopics/health_insurance_and_managed_care/index.html?inline=nyt-classifier) companies across the country are seeking and winning double-digit increases in premiums for some customers, even though one of the biggest objectives of the Obama administration’s health care law (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/health/diseasesconditionsandhealthtopics/health_insurance_and_managed_care/health_care_reform/index.html?inline=nyt-classifier) was to stem the rapid rise in insurance costs for consumers.

Particularly vulnerable to the high rates are small businesses and people who do not have employer-provided insurance and must buy it on their own.

Who would have thought? Hmmmm...

aboutime
01-07-2013, 03:04 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/06/business/despite-new-health-law-some-see-sharp-rise-in-premiums.html?smid=pl-share&_r=1&

Kathianne. Just imagine...for one moment. Had the NYT not been so supportive of Obama, and Obamacare....a year, or two earlier in making this kind of announcement. Rather, warning readers of what was to come. Their readership, and bottom line might be back where it once was...before they took the Democrat DIVE and got suckered in by Obama.

Just Imagine how much more successful the NYT's might be today. Had they been HONEST, and presented REAL FACTS, rather than towing the Obama line????

But now. Buyers Remorse has hit the Old Gray Lady...and it's too late with one foot in the grave, and the other on that Banana peel.

KarlMarx
01-07-2013, 04:22 PM

I guess the part that it's going to cost over a trillion dollars over 10 years isn't merely a Republican fabrication after all.

tailfins
01-07-2013, 04:58 PM

Are you SURE IT jobs are plentiful in San Francisco? What standard of living are you getting for your job in San Francisco? What's the point of a $100,000 annual earnings if a modest 1800 sq. ft. single family home costs $3,000 or $4,000 per month? That's one reasons I avoid assignments inside of Route 128 (That's between I-95 and the ocean to the people not familiar with Boston). You can get $100,000 but it spends like $60,000 would in New Hampshire.

April15
01-07-2013, 09:39 PM
One problem Tonto.

Nobody has to buy health insurance.

A fine/tax can be paid then we give the finger to Obama.

Most who lost jobs know nothing about electrical engineering and computers other than how to turn on and off the computer. I live in that area. We have so many vacant offices I wonder if they will ever get rented out.
Raise your hand if you want to rent an entire building with no occupants.

Folks, I will poll my real estate board for some facts on a housing recovery and get back to you.Have you not read a newspaper in the last year? Do you not see the real estate sales going up? I live in close proximity to Solyndra which by the way is supposed to be bought by Seagate for added production. The big building at the end of Kato.
On to insurance. Have you ever looked into Kaiser for insurance. Very cheap. Less than the fine imposed for not having insurance.

April15
01-07-2013, 09:42 PM
Are you SURE IT jobs are plentiful in San Francisco? What standard of living are you getting for your job in San Francisco? What's the point of a $100,000 annual earnings if a modest 1800 sq. ft. single family home costs $3,000 or $4,000 per month? That's one reasons I avoid assignments inside of Route 128 (That's between I-95 and the ocean to the people not familiar with Boston). You can get $100,000 but it spends like $60,000 would in New Hampshire.An 1800 sq. ft. home is very affordable in the Bay Area. From $250,000 up. I have lived here all my life and think this area is way ahead of the rest of the nation is living.

SassyLady
01-07-2013, 09:52 PM
An 1800 sq. ft. home is very affordable in the Bay Area. From $250,000 up. I have lived here all my life and think this area is way ahead of the rest of the nation is living.

Really? I have a 440 sq. ft. "cottage" that I rent out for $950/mon and that's under market (in the North Bay). What I will tell you is that my home has not recovered its value yet.

aboutime
01-07-2013, 10:02 PM
An 1800 sq. ft. home is very affordable in the Bay Area. From $250,000 up. I have lived here all my life and think this area is way ahead of the rest of the nation is living.

That's obviously why you are there, and not any other place APRIL15. You couldn't, or wouldn't survive anywhere else. You are doing the rest of us a HUGE favor by staying...right where you THINK you are.

mundame
01-08-2013, 08:40 AM
I think a thread about how hiring "will be" so much less in 2013 is nonsense because today is only January 8, 2013.

We are only one day past the first week of 2013 and people are pretending they know the economic future of the whole year? Where were these great predictors in 2008 when NOBODY predicted the worldwide financial collapse?

There could be a huge, vigorous recovery like Clinton or Reagan had. Hello, the stock market is nearly at an all-time high again, so there may well be a recovery. The stockmarket is not as upset about Obamacare as some of you are; it doesn't seem to be upset about anything at the moment now that the "fiscal cliff" is over.

Or, there could be another collapse. Or a war with Iran. Or a major disaster like the Japanese tsunami or Hurricane Sandy or Katrina.

And there probably will be something big and unexpected, after all. Who predicted the Arab Spring revolutions? Nobody.

I think it's silly to pretend we know the future and already have it all graphed out, when in fact, it hasn't happened yet. Graphs of the future are always wrong, because we can't get hold of the data.

There is way too much future-think going on in this society. It's hubris. We are never right. We don't know the future, that's the thing.

aboutime
01-08-2013, 09:31 AM
I think a thread about how hiring "will be" so much less in 2013 is nonsense because today is only January 8, 2013.

We are only one day past the first week of 2013 and people are pretending they know the economic future of the whole year? Where were these great predictors in 2008 when NOBODY predicted the worldwide financial collapse?

There could be a huge, vigorous recovery like Clinton or Reagan had. Hello, the stock market is nearly at an all-time high again, so there may well be a recovery. The stockmarket is not as upset about Obamacare as some of you are; it doesn't seem to be upset about anything at the moment now that the "fiscal cliff" is over.

Or, there could be another collapse. Or a war with Iran. Or a major disaster like the Japanese tsunami or Hurricane Sandy or Katrina.

And there probably will be something big and unexpected, after all. Who predicted the Arab Spring revolutions? Nobody.

I think it's silly to pretend we know the future and already have it all graphed out, when in fact, it hasn't happened yet. Graphs of the future are always wrong, because we can't get hold of the data.

There is way too much future-think going on in this society. It's hubris. We are never right. We don't know the future, that's the thing.

Mundame. Oh, yeah. You're right. People like Obama, pretending to know what the economy will be tomorrow, and ten years from now. That kind of Nonsense is everywhere. But you never said anything about that. Did ya?

tailfins
01-08-2013, 09:57 AM
That's obviously why you are there, and not any other place APRIL15. You couldn't, or wouldn't survive anywhere else. You are doing the rest of us a HUGE favor by staying...right where you THINK you are.

We are all where we are for a reason. We are all here because we are not "all there". The South is for dumb rednecks.
New Hampshire is for SNOBBY rednecks.

:coffee:

April15
01-08-2013, 08:39 PM
Really? I have a 440 sq. ft. "cottage" that I rent out for $950/mon and that's under market (in the North Bay). What I will tell you is that my home has not recovered its value yet.Rent is a different story than own. My stepdaughter in law rents a converted garage for 1350 a month in San Jose. That makes the mortgage payment for the home and garage. I am sure you know the north bay ( Marin County) is far more expensive than the East Bay or even mid San Mateo county.

April15
01-08-2013, 08:42 PM
That's obviously why you are there, and not any other place APRIL15. You couldn't, or wouldn't survive anywhere else. You are doing the rest of us a HUGE favor by staying...right where you THINK you are.I have been to many places in this nation and sadly most are lacking in basic cleanliness and intelligence. I do not wish to be in an area with people who have no teeth and think republican politicians actually care about them.

April15
01-08-2013, 08:50 PM

There is way too much future-think going on in this society. It's hubris. We are never right. We don't know the future, that's the thing.While we may not be good at predicting the future we can look at certain statistics and conclude a given result will follow. In this mornings paper I read California leads the nation in biomedical field. That is in number of employees and receipts for the devices.
As for a recovery I do believe we in California are well into a recovery as homes and jobs are improving with steady increases. A ragoon recovery is a negative one for most people I know.

aboutime
01-08-2013, 09:11 PM
I have been to many places in this nation and sadly most are lacking in basic cleanliness and intelligence. I do not wish to be in an area with people who have no teeth and think republican politicians actually care about them.

And, from your statement above. We all now understand why even those people you despise would never lower themselves to being near you either. The door swings both ways. Even for bigots like you.

tailfins
01-08-2013, 09:38 PM
Rent is a different story than own. My stepdaughter in law rents a converted garage for 1350 a month in San Jose. That makes the mortgage payment for the home and garage. I am sure you know the north bay ( Marin County) is far more expensive than the East Bay or even mid San Mateo county.

A mortgage is a distorted metric; rental prices are a more useful measure. The sweet spot is where you can take from Democrat run areas in between jobs and live in Republican run areas when you're doing well.

I have been to many places in this nation and sadly most are lacking in basic cleanliness and intelligence. I do not wish to be in an area with people who have no teeth and think republican politicians actually care about them.

I prefer places where the rednecks can at least afford a SNOW PLOW for their pickup trucks.

fj1200
01-09-2013, 09:55 AM

And what of Democrat policies that hurt the low-income? They get a pass from you.

“It arbitrarily distorts the market,” said Anderson. “For example: You can’t fit a family of six into a Toyota Prius or Honda Civic. So families with vans or SUVs can’t fit their family into a hybrid car – so it’s discriminatory. It hurt low-income families, who cannot afford to buy the [replacement] cars. I do not agree with government picking and choosing winners.”
http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2011/08/31/cash-for-clunkers-retrospective-two-years-later/

mundame
01-09-2013, 10:13 AM
While we may not be good at predicting the future we can look at certain statistics and conclude a given result will follow.

Why not? You are free to do that. Usually, you'll be wrong.

In this mornings paper I read California leads the nation in biomedical field. That is in number of employees and receipts for the devices.

If the data is correct, those are facts that happened in the PAST. Better to rely on the past, not the future: the data is better. I.e., some rather than none.

As for a recovery I do believe we in California are well into a recovery as homes and jobs are improving with steady increases. A ragoon recovery is a negative one for most people I know.

I don't know what ragoon means, but hope based on statements about past data is fair enough.

It's when people make statements the first week of the month about how the whole year and whole country or whole planet is "going to" be that I say, "What??"

A safe conceptual rule, IMO, is that "will" and "going to" are always lies. Because they are about the future, but we can't know the future.

Trigg
01-09-2013, 10:59 AM

wonderful, someone else who believes that California is the only place to live and every other state is filled with people who are their intellectual inferiors. :laugh:

I find it funny that you think a small 1800 sq ft house starting at 250,000 ( with I'm sure a quarter acre if your lucky) is a good deal.

I have also lived in many different states. Two of which are democratic bastions, New Orleans, Louisiana and Michigan. Both have appauling poverty, poor schools and they tend to elect criminals into positions of power. Detroit stands out glaringly.

I have to wonder what democrates do that you love so much. Besides keep the poor dependent of their policies??

tailfins
01-09-2013, 11:09 AM
wonderful, someone else who believes that California is the only place to live and every other state is filled with people who are their intellectual inferiors. :laugh:

I find it funny that you think a small 1800 sq ft house starting at 250,000 ( with I'm sure a quarter acre if your lucky) is a good deal.

I have also lived in many different states. Two of which are democratic bastions, New Orleans, Louisiana and Michigan. Both have appauling poverty, poor schools and they tend to elect criminals into positions of power. Detroit stands out glaringly.

I have to wonder what democrates do that you love so much. Besides keep the poor dependent of their policies??

I dispute his $250,000 as a current price. I dare anyone in California who thinks every other state is their intellectual inferior to spend time in Boston. They will quickly get an education and discover the peanut gallery does not make one an arts connoisseur.