PDA

View Full Version : Obama's 'Sandy Hook' Move Towards Gun Confiscation

Kathianne
01-06-2013, 04:17 AM
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/01/white-house-nra-gun-victory.php

<hgroup> TPMDC (http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/) White House Plans To Overwhelm NRA With Rapid Victory</hgroup>The White House and gun control supporters are gearing up for a whirlwind month, with plans to pass reform legislation before outrage over the Sandy Hook massacre has a chance to fade.
While the fiscal cliff has dominated Washington’s attention in recent weeks, lawmakers and activists are laying the groundwork for their big push. Vice President Joe Biden, tasked with heading a commission to investigate gun violence, has been quietly meeting with experts, interest groups, and public officials and is expected to release a set of recommendations within weeks.

Boston mayor Thomas Menino, co-chair of Michael Bloomberg’s Mayors Against Illegal Guns, told the Boston Herald (http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2013/01/menino_veep_promised_him_fast_action_gun_control) this week that an optimistic Biden had assured him that Obama would sign legislation “by the end of January.”

“We had been led to believe their report would come by end of January, but we’re hearing they may want to have something out by January 15, even quicker than expected,” Mark Glaze, director of Mayors Against Illegal Guns, told TPM.

House Democrats are moving ahead with their own plans as well. On Friday, Rep. Mike Thompson (D-CA), chair of the newly created Gun Violence Prevention Task Force, announced the appointment of 12 vice chairs, including Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY), the body’s leading voice on gun control. According to a Democratic aide, the group plans to release its recommendations in early February and is already organizing public hearings on the issue.

Obama has personally identified (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-12-19/obama-backs-assault-weapons-ban-as-he-calls-for-action.html) an assault weapons ban and limits on ammunition magazine size as top priorities. Other possible reforms could include background check requirements for purchases at gun shows, a loophole that’s helped create a huge market of off-record arms purchases.

Pro-gun groups have dominated Congress in recent years and, while lawmakers approved by the National Rifle Association have mostly kept their heads down in recent weeks, any legislation could face an difficult path to passage, or even a vote, especially in the Republican-led House.
Glaze said his group would work hard to build public support, hosting local events with various mayors, dozens of whom will descend on Washington later this month for The United States Conference of Mayors winter gathering.

Gun violence survivors are also planning trips to lobby lawmakers to support legislation. Former Rep. Gabby Giffords, who survived a mass shooting in 2011, could play a prominent role in that regard: on Wednesday she met with Bloomberg (http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/photo-michael-bloomberg-meets-with-gabby-giffords) in New York and on Friday traveled to Newtown (http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/gabby-giffords-to-meet-with-families-of-newtown) to comfort families who lost loved ones in the attack there.

<hgroup>
</hgroup>

Nukeman
01-06-2013, 10:38 AM
Yep nothing says thought like a knee-jerk reaction not does it!!!!!! Freaking idiots, when are they going to realize that the only reason that lunatic stopped was due to armed personel coming to put a stop to him. Take that away and all you have is a field full of sheep for the slaughter.

aboutime
01-06-2013, 10:28 PM
Almost seems like the predictions about Obama were true. This seems like an intentional political play, directed by Obama and the Democrats to PIT AMERICANS against AMERICANS....part of a TEST for a Revolution HE HOPES will destroy the nation from within.

I know it sounds terribly familiar as a Conspiracy theory.

But, that's what Obama, and the Democrats are hoping for, based on the total lack of Ill-informed, un-educated AMERICANS who voted for him in November.

Truth is. If anyone is really paying attention. THERE ARE MORE UN-EDUCATED Americans today, than there are...Informed, Educated Americans.

Need proof? WHO WON THE ELECTION IN NOVEMBER?

James
01-11-2013, 08:11 PM
Yep nothing says thought like a knee-jerk reaction not does it!!!!!! Freaking idiots, when are they going to realize that the only reason that lunatic stopped was due to armed personel coming to put a stop to him. Take that away and all you have is a field full of sheep for the slaughter.

You really think they want to take guns from the police? :laugh:

James
01-11-2013, 08:12 PM
Almost seems like the predictions about Obama were true. This seems like an intentional political play, directed by Obama and the Democrats to PIT AMERICANS against AMERICANS....part of a TEST for a Revolution HE HOPES will destroy the nation from within.

I know it sounds terribly familiar as a Conspiracy theory.

But, that's what Obama, and the Democrats are hoping for, based on the total lack of Ill-informed, un-educated AMERICANS who voted for him in November.

Truth is. If anyone is really paying attention. THERE ARE MORE UN-EDUCATED Americans today, than there are...Informed, Educated Americans.

Need proof? WHO WON THE ELECTION IN NOVEMBER?

You get a gold star if you can prove any of that. :lame2:

jafar00
01-11-2013, 10:42 PM
Guns don't kill people
People kill people
Make it harder for people to get guns which to use to kill other people
Completely ban assault weapons and make it harder for crazy people to massacre other people

It's so simple.

gabosaurus
01-12-2013, 01:06 AM
Don't think Obama hasn't been eying the strategy of the previous administration, where Dubya used the outrage over the Sept. 11 attacks to push through approval of the invasion of Iraq by labeling opponents as "soft on terror."
Expect much of the same when Obama brings gun control legislation to Congress. I am guessing that Sandy Hook kids are already practicing their routines. They will be followed by Aurora theater survivors and who knows what else.
Hard hearted Republicans will have to battle blood staining clothing and bullet riddled teddy bears in live hearings that will be carried live on all the major networks. :cool:

More likely is a shift toward the gun control policies currently used in Canada.
Canada bans military type weapons, requires a gun safety training course before you can apply for a license to own, limits magazine capacity to 10 in a handgun, five in a rifle and three in a shotgun, registers all handguns and tracks transfer of ownership. All gun dealers have to be registered with the federal government. Illegal possession, transfer or transportation of weapons is a felony.

jafar00
01-12-2013, 06:16 AM
More likely is a shift toward the gun control policies currently used in Canada.
Canada bans military type weapons, requires a gun safety training course before you can apply for a license to own, limits magazine capacity to 10 in a handgun, five in a rifle and three in a shotgun, registers all handguns and tracks transfer of ownership. All gun dealers have to be registered with the federal government. Illegal possession, transfer or transportation of weapons is a felony.

Would current gun owners object to that? It would mean that qualified and licensed people could own guns.

As part of the license process, a gun buyer should also be made to prove that he or she can safely store a firearm too with a safe or some kind of lock up storage to avoid the wrong people getting hold of the guns.

mundame
01-12-2013, 08:29 AM

Sounds good to me. Let's do like Canada.

Nukeman
01-12-2013, 09:06 AM
You really think they want to take guns from the police? :laugh:What good does a firearm do in the hands of police when I am 20-30 minutes away from them at all times with where I live?? Tell me James what should I do in the event of someone breaking into my home. Yes it does happen around here, in fact 3 years ago I found a man on my front porch due to us NOT turning on our yard light and being in the back of the house watching TV. When my dogs started barking I went to investigate and found him AT MY DOOR with his hand on the door, Now what do you suppose he was doing?? He tried to tell me he was selling "lysol"!! You realize criminals use that on house dogs don't you, they spray it in their faces and makes them run away!!! SO I have guns in my home due to the simple fact that WHEN SECONDS COUNT THE POLICE ARE MINUTES AWAY!! :poke:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-12-2013, 09:40 AM
Would current gun owners object to that? It would mean that qualified and licensed people could own guns.

As part of the license process, a gun buyer should also be made to prove that he or she can safely store a firearm too with a safe or some kind of lock up storage to avoid the wrong people getting hold of the guns.

Sure, raise the price of owning a gun to some outrageous amount by government regulations, that's the ticket.
Force every gun owner to buy a safe. Already our government has made ammo increase outrageously. Use every trick in the book, why not all of it is infringing on the 2nd Amendment! Look at how much they already get away with..
Force the price up to a level that only wealthy people can own guns and then stir the people to support taking those away from the wealthy ! They use every device known to man but in the end if they get them they will have to fight to take them! And that puts there sorry asses on the line to much , only thing holding them back is their own damn cowardice!--Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-12-2013, 09:45 AM
You get a gold star if you can prove any of that. :lame2:

Obama's election win already proved much of it... His coming attacks upon this nation and the Constitution will prove the rest..-Tyr