PDA

View Full Version : Guess this lady understands gun control

WiccanLiberal
01-06-2013, 12:01 PM
http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2013/01/04/walton-county-woman-shoots-intruder/

LOGANVILLE- (WAOK.AJC) Walton county police say a 37 year old mother working from home, shot an intruder multiple times Friday afternoon, after she said he broke in her house on Henderson Ridge Drive, with a crowbar. Investigators say the woman, whose 9-year old twins were playing on the lover level of the home, heard someone ringing the doorbell, repeatedly, then told her kids to hide, while she called her husband, who then called for help. The woman says the man, identiied as 32 year old Paul Slater, entered the house, and she opened fire, while crouched in a crawlspace with her kids, hitting him at least 5 times in the face and upper body. Investigators say Slater, who has prior arrests, ran away, jumped in his car, and drove off, but later crashed, and was found lying in a neighbor’s driveway. He was taken to a hospital. The woman and her kids ran to a neighbor’s house for help.

I found references to this incident in several places. She tried to avoid the intruder to begin with. She protected her kids. And she had the guts to actually use the weapon she had ready. The only problem I see is the woman didn't have a higher capacity weapon to finish the job. This guy wasn't just going to rob the house. That woman and her kids were dead once they saw this scumbags face.

Kathianne
01-06-2013, 12:19 PM
http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2013/01/04/walton-county-woman-shoots-intruder/

LOGANVILLE- (WAOK.AJC) Walton county police say a 37 year old mother working from home, shot an intruder multiple times Friday afternoon, after she said he broke in her house on Henderson Ridge Drive, with a crowbar. Investigators say the woman, whose 9-year old twins were playing on the lover level of the home, heard someone ringing the doorbell, repeatedly, then told her kids to hide, while she called her husband, who then called for help. The woman says the man, identiied as 32 year old Paul Slater, entered the house, and she opened fire, while crouched in a crawlspace with her kids, hitting him at least 5 times in the face and upper body. Investigators say Slater, who has prior arrests, ran away, jumped in his car, and drove off, but later crashed, and was found lying in a neighbor’s driveway. He was taken to a hospital. The woman and her kids ran to a neighbor’s house for help.

I found references to this incident in several places. She tried to avoid the intruder to begin with. She protected her kids. And she had the guts to actually use the weapon she had ready. The only problem I see is the woman didn't have a higher capacity weapon to finish the job. This guy wasn't just going to rob the house. That woman and her kids were dead once they saw this scumbags face.

The bolded is what I thought of too! Good find!

aboutime
01-06-2013, 12:22 PM
Let's ask Senator Feinstein how she would feel about hearing that this woman, and her twin 9 year old's were raped, then murdered...if that woman didn't have the pistol for her protection???

Bet this guy tries to SUE the woman for shooting him. And to top it off. A Liberal Judge will probably award him a Million or two as well.

Trigg
01-06-2013, 12:49 PM
That gun fires a good size bullet. With how nervous she probably was she did a great job.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-06-2013, 01:28 PM
The bolded is what I thought of too! Good find!

"hitting him 5 times in the face and the upper body", my first thought was likely a 22 or 25 caliber BECAUSE 5 GOOD HITS OF EVEN A 32 CALIBER WOULD LIKE HAVE PUT HIM DOWN IN THE HOUSE INSTEAD OF ALLOWING HIM TO FLEE AND THEN DRIVE AWAY.
A 22 caliber revolver loaded with the proper ammo can be quite deadly in the hands of an expert shooter but even then more would be better.

True story.. Back in the late 70's /early 80's a guy I knew last name was Sipes was killed when shot 12 times by a young man with a 22 caliber automatic rifle.
It went like this, young man about 21 or 22 years old comes home from his farm early on a Friday afternoon , about 2 , enters his house with absolutely no idea what he was to find. Upon entering he hears moans coming from his bedroom. Going to the bedroom he opens the door and there is Sipes, having sex with the man's wife! The woman was all involved and never even noticed her husband looking in from the doorway but Sipes did! Now first let me tell you about Sipes, I knew the man. He was truly a big gorilla, standing at about 6'5'' looking like Hercules(no exaggeration at all) and always a bit of a bully ,arrogant as hell. I encountered him many times at the bars in town although he live in Lepanto a smaller town about 7 miles way. His dad, a really good no nonsense kind of guy had owned a bar years previously and I saw the son the there a lot years previously(I was a friend of his dad only). Now , Sipes being so arrogant instead of taking defensive or flight actions merely smiled a big smile at the shocked young husband as he continued having sex with the man's wife. Had he jumped up to run or to fight he'd likely be alive today. Instead he gave the husband that FU ARROGANT SMILE AND CONTINUED ON!! Yes, folks insanity but it happened that way. The husband turned away walked out of his home to his farm truck in the driveway unlocked it grabbed his 22 caliber rifle, calmly walked back into his home with that 22 caliber rifle! Now being a farm boy all his life, he like so many, was an expert shot with that weapon. He stepped into the bedroom doorway and began firing into Sipes as Sipes turned to get up after seeing the gun, hitting him with every bullet in that rifle, emptying the gun and never missing. Never once hitting his cheating wife either! Sipes hit the floor as dead as a canned tuna!! The young husband then went outside ,sat on the curb waiting for the police to arrive. They found him sitting there , crying about what had just occurred. If I remember correctly Sipes was about 28 or 30 years old at the time.
A 22 caliber rifle with high magazine capacity is a very deadly weapon ! Even more so when used by somebody that knows it like the back of their hand. Had that been me doing the shooting I could have done the job with less than 4 rounds and Sipes would have been just as dead. Of course had it been me I wouldnt have waited to go for a gun but would have stomped his ass to death without one! Never liked the guy , he was a bully that always pushed his weight around! Next time I walked into the local tavern first thing I heard was from my friend Randy. He yelled out , hey did you hear about Sipes? He got his ass shot all to hell , killed just like you said he someday would and by some little guy that was too scared to fight him. Just as you predicted last summer. What Randy didnt know was the young girl that jumped up from a nearby table running past me to get outside was Sipe's cousin ! I walked over saying to Randy, damn man that girl was his cousin. Randy replied, "tough shit , the truth hurts." I said, if she comes back in dont say another word about it and he knew I meant it! He knew when I gave that look exactly what it meant. It always meant upon your own peril disobey this !
True story and my only wonder about it was , why didnt he shoot the cheating wife too?? and why not her first!??
I could only come up with his anger was totally directed at the arrogant FU smile Sipes gave him !!--Tyr

aboutime
01-06-2013, 01:31 PM
That gun fires a good size bullet. With how nervous she probably was she did a great job.

Trigg. Wonder if that Perp knows HOW LUCK HE IS...she was nervous?