PDA

View Full Version : Man behind ‘Deport Piers Morgan’ petition has meltdown on Morgan’s show

jimnyc
01-08-2013, 12:45 PM
Alex Jones, the conservative talk radio host who launched a petition to deport CNN prime-time host Piers Morgan over the British citizen's views on gun control, had what you might conservatively call a wee bit of a meltdown during an interview on Morgan's show Monday night.

Jones, whose petition has generated more than 100,000 signatures since being posted last month on the White House's "We The People" website, lashed out at Morgan over his public calls for tighter gun regulations in the wake of last month's shootings in Newtown, Conn., where 26 people—including 20 children—were killed by a gunman at an elementary school.

"The Second Amendment isn't there for duck hunting," a relatively calm Jones said at the beginning of a two-part, 15-minute interview. "It's there to protect us from tyrannical government and street thugs."

But things escalated rather quickly, with the interview becoming a one-sided, pro-gun tirade. Jones cut off Morgan at nearly every turn.

"I'm here to tell you," Jones yelled, pointing his finger at the talk show host, "1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms!"

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/alex-jones-piers-morgan-video-140201992.html

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AtyKofFih8Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jimnyc
01-08-2013, 12:46 PM
And for those wondering, I still think Jones is beyond being a nutter, even if I applaud his stance on the 2nd amendment.

jimnyc
01-08-2013, 12:51 PM
I can't stop laughing, that video is hilarious! :lol:

jimnyc
01-08-2013, 12:53 PM
Here is part 2:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Tf-i3Y5iRYo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tailfins
01-08-2013, 12:54 PM
And for those wondering, I still think Jones is beyond being a nutter, even if I applaud his stance on the 2nd amendment.

I still think he would be a better Presidential debate moderator than Candy Crowley.

jimnyc
01-08-2013, 12:59 PM
I still think he would be a better Presidential debate moderator than Candy Crowley.

I just finished the entire segment. I don't care for Morgan, but that poor bastard couldn't get a word in with Jones ranting! LOL

jimnyc
01-08-2013, 01:02 PM
Wow. This video shows a man that is really into the 2nd amendment and is rather vocal about it. But he went further and further and further off the deep end as the discussion went on, ending with his 9/11 conspiracies and mimicking Morgan like a child. I should have watched the entire segment prior to posting. This guy is certifiable, and I knew that already, and still posted it! LOL

tailfins
01-08-2013, 01:26 PM
Wow. This video shows a man that is really into the 2nd amendment and is rather vocal about it. But he went further and further and further off the deep end as the discussion went on, ending with his 9/11 conspiracies and mimicking Morgan like a child. I should have watched the entire segment prior to posting. This guy is certifiable, and I knew that already, and still posted it! LOL

Starting a conversation doesn't mean you support the premise of the conversation, just curious about what the rest of the forum thinks about it. And I would STILL take Alex Jones over Candy Crowley.

jimnyc
01-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Starting a conversation doesn't mean you support the premise of the conversation, just curious about what the rest of the forum thinks about it. And I would STILL take Alex Jones over Candy Crowley.

Yep. And at least for the first half, his stances and facts weren't half bad, it was just his delivery. I actually started giggling at the way he was talking after awhile. I don't think that's the response you want from those tuning in!

jafar00
01-09-2013, 01:44 AM
I used to respect Jones. In the beginning (I mean when he started rallying against stuff) he had a point.

He has been ranting so long now though, he has gone a little nutty.

I could see about 1min in, Piers Morgan's face had a "WTF are you going on about?" look on his face.

SassyLady
01-09-2013, 03:00 AM
Jim, while I don't like extremism, from any side .... is was interesting to see the tables turned. Usually, it's the extreme, progressive left that are ranting like this. I would love to see Jones vs. Matthews do a segment .... well, no, I don't think I would....would just be yelling over the top of each other.

I think what Jones has to say is right on ... just that the way he tries to make his point makes him seem like a nutter at times.

jafar00
01-09-2013, 05:59 AM
I think the bit where he made fun of the English accent particularly cringe worthy.

aboutime
01-09-2013, 08:05 AM
Place both men on a rowboat, just above the Falls Niagara Falls, and televise their Argument until they both go over the edge.

IF..either of them manage to survive the fall. The people responsible for dragging their bodies from the water get to decide WHERE THE BODIES go.

Personally. I would just allow them to remain FISH FOOD.

tailfins
01-09-2013, 09:36 AM
Place both men on a rowboat, just above the Falls Niagara Falls, and televise their Argument until they both go over the edge.

IF..either of them manage to survive the fall. The people responsible for dragging their bodies from the water get to decide WHERE THE BODIES go.

Personally. I would just allow them to remain FISH FOOD.

If a plane crashes there EXACTLY on the US-Canada border, where do you bury the survivors?

WiccanLiberal
01-09-2013, 05:12 PM
The debate on gun control is going to have to be conducted by US citizens. I am dubious about a British citizen (as far as I know Morgan is a British citizen) making statements about it. I do wonder what Jones will have to say when Gabby Giffords and her husband start promoting their gun control measure. Hardly possible to deport her and her astronaut husband. I am not in favor of more gun control. I am in favor of debate. Unless we want to create another Civil War type division in this country we will need to achieve some common ground on this issue. I think the major issue may come down to how to keep illegal guns out of criminal hands. The measures proposed that I have seen so far don't seem to focus on that. Until they do, no real debate or progress is likely to happen.

glockmail
01-09-2013, 05:17 PM
I don't think he had a meltdown. CNN has turned into shock TV and jones was just contributing to its absurdity.

jimnyc
01-09-2013, 05:19 PM
I don't think he had a meltdown. CNN has turned into shock TV and jones was just contributing to its absurdity.

I would agree with that. And meltdown would mean he went from one state of mind to another, and I think he was the same before the show, during the show, and as I type this. Nuts.

pete311
01-09-2013, 05:59 PM

I agree, CNN wanted that kind of showdown. It made for good ratings. However it was a complete disservice to anyone who watches beyond entertainment. The audience learned absolutely nothing from that one sided rant exchange.

glockmail
01-09-2013, 10:47 PM
Jones was displaying the attitude that much of us will have when the grabbers start to grab. We're fully prepared to go nuts to do what needs to be done then. Jim doesn't see it because he's surrounded by grabbers. We are not, and are empowered.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-09-2013, 11:26 PM
If a plane crashes there EXACTLY on the US-Canada border, where do you bury the survivors?

No doubt, obama would bury survivors! The rest of us wouldn't..
Obama attempting to bury us alive right now! And he will--IF- we just let him!!!--Tyr

tailfins
01-10-2013, 01:30 PM
No doubt, obama would bury survivors! The rest of us wouldn't..
Obama attempting to bury us alive right now! And he will--IF- we just let him!!!--Tyr

I was hoping some nit-wit would fall for it. No bites, bummer. Another one I like is: Should the "s" be silent when pronouncing the capital of Kentucky? Most people in New England fall for it. A discussion then ensues on the proper pronunciation of "Louisville". After a minute or two I tell them that I pronounce it "Frankfort".

revelarts
01-11-2013, 03:11 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZhQSvmcXC64?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mundame
01-11-2013, 03:21 PM
Unless we want to create another Civil War type division in this country we will need to achieve some common ground on this issue.

Too late. We already have a Civil War-type division in this country. That's the real hatred of each side for the other that also went on for some ten years between abolitionists and Southerners before that war actually started.

From the time everyone knows there's a war coming to the war breaking out is usually about 5 to 10 years. By 1908 everyone knew Germany meant to take over Europe militarily, but war didn't break out till 1914. I call that the friction of history. The way things are has so much stability, it takes awhile to break it up even when it's obvious it's going.

But it doesn't take forever.

revelarts
01-11-2013, 03:27 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/n9z1wfgNf9E?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bingster
01-11-2013, 04:56 PM
The guy is definitely a nut, but similar arguments are made all of the time. The argument is that the 2nd amendment is about allowing citizens to protect themselves against govt tyranny. This is an important issue that nobody on tv is talking about. Politicians need to talk about this.

bingster
01-11-2013, 05:05 PM
Switzerland is the only industrialized country that has any where near as many guns as we have (per capita). They, however, have those guns for the very same reason our 2nd Amendment was created for "to maintain a well-regulated militia". They have gun licenses and everyone is trained how to use their guns. Their gun death rate is not even close to ours.

fj1200
01-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Switzerland is the only industrialized country that has any where near as many guns as we have (per capita). They, however, have those guns for the very same reason our 2nd Amendment was created for "to maintain a well-regulated militia". They have gun licenses and everyone is trained how to use their guns. Their gun death rate is not even close to ours.

Not sure if sincere poster

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/131/399/fry.PNG?1307468855

or running up post count to post spam links

aboutime
01-11-2013, 05:30 PM
Not sure if sincere poster

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/131/399/fry.PNG?1307468855

or running up post count to post spam links

fj. Can't help but Agree with you on this one.

Sockpuppets tend to simply appear out of the blue with nonsense.
Eventually. We'll all learn who it is.
Makes it more fun in the end.

aboutime
01-11-2013, 05:34 PM
Jones was displaying the attitude that much of us will have when the grabbers start to grab. We're fully prepared to go nuts to do what needs to be done then. Jim doesn't see it because he's surrounded by grabbers. We are not, and are empowered.

glockmail. Take notice how the Lefties enjoy using idiots like Jones as their POSTER BOY for gun lovers.

I do believe Jones deserves to be heard. But smarter minds need to be at the forefront enough to let Obama, and the Gun Haters on the Left know.

It's not gonna be nice to fool with Mother Nature...or 2nd Amendment rights.