PDA

View Full Version : I Will Try Red Robin Again, In The Near Future

Kathianne
01-08-2013, 07:55 PM
Red Robin has been getting good press (http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/pregnant-mom-surprised-eaterys-act-kindness-180656550--abc-news-deals.html) because one of their managers comped an overdue mother's meal.

A link from Consumerist, brought me to this Red Robin site:

http://www.redrobin.com/about/unbridled-acts#_dl/about/unbridled-act/166

Repaying with Kindness
Aurora (Cornerstar), CO
9/17/2012

A friend of mine’s child lost his wallet last weekend with $300 he had been saving for 2 years. When they realized he had lost it, they contacted the places they had been. The Red Robin in Aurora CO returned their call to let them know his wallet had been found. They returned to restaurant to get wallet and money was gone, a tough lesson to learn... The manager, Parker, contacted them the next day and invited them to come back for dinner as they felt horrible that this had occurred. The family went back to Red Robin to find that the restaurants employees had pooled their money together and replaced what was lost. You don't hear enough about the good people do in this world and I believe this story needs to be shared. So, if you are in the mood for a good burger and want good people to serve you then give Red Robin at 6795 S Cornerstar Way Aurora, CO 80016/Parker and Arapahoe, your business. What a good team!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-08-2013, 08:09 PM
Red Robin has been getting good press (http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/pregnant-mom-surprised-eaterys-act-kindness-180656550--abc-news-deals.html) because one of their managers comped an overdue mother's meal.

A link from Consumerist, brought me to this Red Robin site:

http://www.redrobin.com/about/unbridled-acts#_dl/about/unbridled-act/166

INDEED A BLESSING WAS PASSED ON AND IT WAS INSPIRATIONAL.
Those generous, kind people deserve a solid round of applause! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap::clap:TY

Kathianne
01-08-2013, 08:17 PM
INDEED A BLESSING WAS PASSED ON AND IT WAS INSPIRATIONAL.
Those generous, kind people deserve a solid round of applause! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap::clap:TY

I'm reading through those 'acts' over and over again, tears flow. It's enough to make me go there, even if I'm not a burger lover!

Kathianne
01-08-2013, 08:29 PM
A couple of examples:

My sister was leaving for Iraq and she chose Red Robin as her "last meal" before leaving. My mother said something about letting my sister order first because she was going to Iraq tomorrow and not much was thought of it. While we were waiting for our drinks, I looked at my parents and they were staring at each and just bawling. This was my sister's second deployment to Iraq and I myself have been there twice, as well. It is hard on them and they were not doing well. Before the appetizers showed up, Mike, the manager came up to us and said, "I understand someone is going to Iraq tomorrow for a year." My sister acknowledged it. Mike then said, "On behalf of Red Robin we would like to show our appreciation to you and your family and tonight's dinner is on us. We understand this is not an easy time for you and we want to bless your evening with us. Thank you for your service." During the meal I snuck away and personally thanked Mike for their support.

Between my sister and I, we have missed four birthdays, six Christmases, and six Thanksgivings away from family and that it meant a lot to my parents that he did that. When the meal was over Mike returned and he said, "We want you to be safe and smart over there because when you come back we want to honor your return and want your first meal back home to be on us, as well," and he gave her a $25 gift card. Of course, my parents cried again and hugged him. Thank you for your support of the soldiers. We appreciate Mike's gracious gift that night.

A Perfect Send Off
Orchard Park, NY
4/13/2012

Guest Comment
My son is being deployed to Afghanistan I called to ask if they would maybe sing a song of good luck to him. Alicia answered the phone and was so pleasant and helpful and said of course we can. I was keeping this a secret from my son because I knew he wouldn’t go if I did anything. To our surprise they led us to a special decorated table of army men and red white and blue streamers. Ken told us they had appetizers on the way for us and had everyone working sign a huge thank you card for my son. It was really more than I expected, as I only asked for a song. Alicia and Ken and everyone went way out of their way to thank my son for his service and we had a really great time. I can’t say enough of how appreciative we are. I would like you to know how special your workers are and should be commended. Please let all of the Team Members at Red Robin in Orchard Park, N.Y., know that we are thankful! We will be coming back, especially when my son comes home from Afghanistan.

If this doesn't 'get you' nothing will:

Special Night Out
Folsom, CA
6/18/2012

I had arranged for a family to visit our Creekside restaurant for a much needed night out. It is a family of five and their youngest is a 4-year-old boy who is suffering from brain cancer and has been given only a short time to live. However, on the day of the visit, I was informed that little Luke was getting too sick to travel from their home in Cameron Park all the way to Roseville, as being in the car for that long creates a lot of discomfort and pain.
Not to give up on their night out, I called the team at Folsom to see if they could make this happen for the family. Without even a blink of an eye or a second thought, Chris, the manager on duty, jumped into action and, in true Red Robin spirit, went above and beyond for the family. When the family arrived at the restaurant, their table was ready and the Team was ready to go into action. Chris, another manager on duty, not only made sure that the tables were ready, but that a Team Member could jump into the Red suit and pay a special visit to Luke. Weak from treatment, Luke hasn’t even been able to force a smile in weeks. When Red came to the table, mom and dad were shocked when Luke looked up and showed Red a great big smile. I can’t tell you how much it meant to a mom and dad to see their son smile for the first time in a long time. For a family dealing with such a tragedy and not knowing how long they will be able to spend with their sweet 4-year-old boy, having a night out and being taken care of in such a great way was amazing.

Thank you Team Folsom! A special thank you to managers– Chris, Chris; Nicole for being a spectacular server; and Vanessa for being Red; and to the whole team who brought a smile to Luke’s face. I can’t begin to tell all of you how much it meant to a family in need. Luke’s mom, Jennifer, told me, “Tonight is a memory I will cherish forever.”

NightTrain
01-08-2013, 08:32 PM
Very cool.

You just don't hear about that kind of stuff happening anymore.

I think Red Robin is my favorite burger restaurant anyway, and I really like their fries.

A shame that someone nabbed that $300, but at least he got the wallet back. I've had my wallet stolen 3 times, and every time they threw the wallet away after taking the cash out of it... once there was $1300 in it, which pissed me off but I really would have liked to get that wallet back that had all my ID and SS card, everything.

That reminds me of an Ipod that my son found a couple of years ago in a parking lot. He came home and showed it to me, and I could tell that he was struggling with the moral dilemma of trying to find the owner or keeping it. I asked him what he was going to do, and as soon as I said it I saw the conflict disappear in his face - it just took a gentle question to get him going on the right thought process.

We dug through that damn thing for over an hour before we finally found an email address - the kid that had lost it had tons of music and files, but hardly anything for communications, he used it as his MP3 player primarily. The kid tried to give my son $20 for returning it, and my son declined his offer which made me very proud.

Kathianne
01-08-2013, 08:39 PM
Very cool.

You just don't hear about that kind of stuff happening anymore.

I think Red Robin is my favorite burger restaurant anyway, and I really like their fries.

A shame that someone nabbed that $300, but at least he got the wallet back. I've had my wallet stolen 3 times, and every time they threw the wallet away after taking the cash out of it... once there was $1300 in it, which pissed me off but I really would have liked to get that wallet back that had all my ID and SS card, everything.

That reminds me of an Ipod that my son found a couple of years ago in a parking lot. He came home and showed it to me, and I could tell that he was struggling with the moral dilemma of trying to find the owner or keeping it. I asked him what he was going to do, and as soon as I said it I saw the conflict disappear in his face - it just took a gentle question to get him going on the right thought process.

We dug through that damn thing for over an hour before we finally found an email address - the kid that had lost it had tons of music and files, but hardly anything for communications, he used it as his MP3 player primarily. The kid tried to give my son $20 for returning it, and my son declined his offer which made me very proud.

Regarding the bolded, I agree. As the letter writer to RR wrote, "Hard lesson learned," but made whole again by the employees and a free meal! Shock! The meal would have been a good deal, to have the employees give the $300 back? Shocking!

NightTrain
01-08-2013, 08:47 PM
Regarding the bolded, I agree. As the letter writer to RR wrote, "Hard lesson learned," but made whole again by the employees and a free meal! Shock! The meal would have been a good deal, to have the employees give the $300 back? Shocking!

Yep. Big hearts there, and I'm sure that they're not really banking big bucks so that was especially cool of the employees.

tailfins
01-08-2013, 09:45 PM
That may be well and good, but you just don't get your money's worth at Red Robin. Fuddruckers beats them by a mile, either that or a third generation diner.

Kathianne
01-08-2013, 09:57 PM
That may be well and good, but you just don't get your money's worth at Red Robin. Fuddruckers beats them by a mile, either that or a third generation diner.

I do believe I said that Red Robin wasn't my favorite place from the get go, no? Problem is probably cause I'm not a burger fan in general. I've been to Fuddruckers and they really suck.

My 'favorite' burger, if there is any such creation for me, would be Portillo's.

SassyLady
01-09-2013, 03:23 AM
Heartwarming to hear these type of stories. Wish more of these would make it to MSM. Wouldn't it be nice if the news had to publish at least one "Feel Good" story every time they aired the news?!

As for best hamburger ... we eat at Li'l Abner's Steakhouse in Tucson ... great steaks...family style restaurant. You sit down and tell them what kind of steak and how you want it cooked (all done on barbecue outside in front of the restaurant). Then they bring the beans, etc. that comes with the dinner.

My grandson is the first person to ever have a hamburger at the restaurant. They have never served hamburgers before ... but when our grandson asked the waitress if they had hamburgers and she said no, he was bummed. The next thing we knew, the owner came over and asked him how he wanted it cooked. They took a steak and made hamburger out of it and barbecued it just for him. The owner kept coming back and asking us how it was. I told him that next time I wanted a hamburger because it was the best one we have ever tasted.

Quaint place ... license plates from all over. I think it used to be a stagecoach stop .... people have carved their names on just about every exposed piece of wood in the place.