PDA

View Full Version : VP Biden on guns: "The President is going to act. There are executive orders."

Little-Acorn
01-09-2013, 01:46 PM
In case you wondered, an "executive order" is something that's been around for centuries. It's supposed to be used to carry out the laws made by Congress. For example, if Congress passes a bill saying the govt will spend X million dollars to build a new Federal building, then the President might issue an executive order to get bids from several construction firms to build it. He's issuing an order that will carry out a bill duly passed by Congress.

The idea of the President issuing an Executive Order to do something NOT passed by Congress, is a flagrant violation of the Separation of Powers doctrine. In fact, it's a classic example of dictatorship.

And if he does it to do something specifically forbidden by the Constitution... well, you get the idea.

None of which will bother this particular President.

But this President will never run for election again. He doesn't have to face the voters any longer. So why not go ahead and do it? They'll never have a better chance to implement their agenda, than right now.

----------------------------------------------------

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/biden-obama-might-use-executive-order-deal-guns_694984.html

Biden: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns

11:42 AM, Jan 9, 2013
by DANIEL HALPER

Vice President Joe Biden revealed that President Barack Obama might use an executive order to deal with guns.

"The president is going to act," said Biden, giving some comments to the press before a meeting with victims of gun violence. "There are executive orders, there's executive action that can be taken. We haven't decided what that is yet. But we're compiling it all with the help of the attorney general and the rest of the cabinet members as well as legislative action that we believe is required."

Biden said that this is a moral issue and that "it's critically important that we act."

Biden talked also about taking responsible action. "As the president said, if you're actions result in only saving one life, they're worth taking. But I'm convinced we can affect the well-being of millions of americans and take thousands of people out of harm's way if we act responsibly."

Biden, as he himself noted, helped write the Brady bill.

Eric Holder was scheduled to be at the meeting that's currently take place at the White House.

Marcus Aurelius
01-09-2013, 01:48 PM
Ant executive order that goes against the Constitution can, and will be challenged in court.

Little-Acorn
01-09-2013, 02:10 PM
Ant executive order that goes against the Constitution can, and will be challenged in court.

Uh huh.

And it will be found unconstitutional by the Supreme Court. Just as Obamacare was.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-09-2013, 02:10 PM
Not only further proof that obama wants a dictatorship but that he is already acting like one!
If the bastard issues an E.O. to that infringes upon the 2nd and if it involves gun confiscation we should have War here! For he has just completely voided our Constitution! I will oppose him with everything that I have... --Tyr

Little-Acorn
01-09-2013, 02:12 PM
! For he has just further voided our Constitution!

Fixed it for you.

mundame
01-09-2013, 02:41 PM
Not only further proof that obama wants a dictatorship but that he is already acting like one!
If the bastard issues an E.O. to that infringes upon the 2nd and if it involves gun confiscation we should have War here! For he has just completely voided our Constitution! I will oppose him with everything that I have... --Tyr

I was going to start a separate thread on this issue, but Tyr has already expressed it well, so let me develop my interest in this a little.

I've been on the Internet a Looonnnnng time and in, say, 25 years the two hottest issues have always been abortion and gun control.

I don't think abortion will ever cause a revolution. It could get caught up in one, but it won't cause one, IMO.

But gun control? yeah, I think that could be the spark on the fuse. I can think of one or two other possibles, too, such as some outrageous black crime. It's always just a SPARK, you know, never really a big huge issue, that touches off giant social movements like riots or even revolutions. This is the way the Civil War started, and the French Revolution. Nobody knew they were going to have a huge war or the French Terror with thousands of people killed with the guillotine -- but it started small and then it kept on going.

I think gun control has gotten hotter and hotter, and my husband his boss went to a gun show Sunday (what can I say?) and he said it was jam-packed to the point you could hardly move. And the news is showing over-crowded gun shows elsewhere, and also reports of county boards trying to shut down these venues. All this has a very ominous feel to me.

I'm just analyzing. I don't think anyone SHOULD get into a revolution, especially not you, Cadet. Don't do something that ends with you in Fort Levenworth missing the whole show, you know?

Does anyone else have a funny feeling about this gun control issue, that it could be "it"?

Little-Acorn
01-09-2013, 02:46 PM
The American Revolution started at Concord and Lexington, because King George sent troops to confiscate guns from private citizens in those towns.

Recently, some people have started referring to that war as "The First Revolutionary War".

mundame
01-09-2013, 03:14 PM
The American Revolution started at Concord and Lexington, because King George sent troops to confiscate guns from private citizens in those towns.

Recently, some people have started referring to that war as "The First Revolutionary War".

Omigod, you are right! I forgot that, and I used to live up there. The militia arms were stored in a church and the troops came to get them and carry them away. They were moved before the troops got there, and then....after that.................

England lost her American colonies.

I think your post there, Little-Acorn, might be one of the scariest I've ever read.

pete311
01-09-2013, 06:01 PM
I believe Obama will do something. He has nothing but his legacy to care about. A legacy is made in grand schemes. Not by just sitting around.

aboutime
01-09-2013, 06:09 PM
Omigod, you are right! I forgot that, and I used to live up there. The militia arms were stored in a church and the troops came to get them and carry them away. They were moved before the troops got there, and then....after that.................

England lost her American colonies.

I think your post there, Little-Acorn, might be one of the scariest I've ever read.

mundame. Honestly speaking. Just as the Obama crowd is so totally convinced they can overrule, ignore, or change the constitution. So to is the rest of America who didn't fall for his tricks, lies, and attempts to destroy this nation.
Truth is. There really are MILLIONS, upon MILLIONS of Americans who DO read, and DO understand what Obama and the Democrats are attempting to do in destroying this nation. And you should be scared to think...Those countless Millions are not as easily Led, or Blackmailed into Sitting Still, or Ignoring what Obama is doing.

This attack on weapons, and the 2nd amendment, combined with Obama's tyranical Executive Order Threats WILL expose Americans who sooner, or later. Will Become members of that 2ND REVOLUTION. And they will be the same people who DARE OBAMA and his GOOSE-STEPPING Black Panthers to try and take their guns, and bullets.
Obama thinks he is ALL POWERFUL, and UNTOUCHABLE.
But. The Americans who DID NOT VOTE FOR HIM...have different idea's. And his Legacy...as CHEAP AS HE HAS MADE IT...just won't win against LAW ABIDING, CONSTITUTIONAL FOLLOWING AMERICAN CITIZENS. No matter how many THREATS Obama makes.

Robert A Whit
01-09-2013, 06:28 PM
I was going to start a separate thread on this issue, but Tyr has already expressed it well, so let me develop my interest in this a little.

I've been on the Internet a Looonnnnng time and in, say, 25 years the two hottest issues have always been abortion and gun control.

I don't think abortion will ever cause a revolution. It could get caught up in one, but it won't cause one, IMO.

But gun control? yeah, I think that could be the spark on the fuse. I can think of one or two other possibles, too, such as some outrageous black crime. It's always just a SPARK, you know, never really a big huge issue, that touches off giant social movements like riots or even revolutions. This is the way the Civil War started, and the French Revolution. Nobody knew they were going to have a huge war or the French Terror with thousands of people killed with the guillotine -- but it started small and then it kept on going.

I think gun control has gotten hotter and hotter, and my husband his boss went to a gun show Sunday (what can I say?) and he said it was jam-packed to the point you could hardly move. And the news is showing over-crowded gun shows elsewhere, and also reports of county boards trying to shut down these venues. All this has a very ominous feel to me.

I'm just analyzing. I don't think anyone SHOULD get into a revolution, especially not you, Cadet. Don't do something that ends with you in Fort Levenworth missing the whole show, you know?

Does anyone else have a funny feeling about this gun control issue, that it could be "it"?

I know of no executive order that Obama can craft that will have any impact at all on criminals.

We legal citizens are not criminals. If he wants me to hand him my gun, I assure you he may be entitled to the contents, but I retain rights to the gun. (said only to make a point and not to be taken as any threat to him)

This might get very serious if that crowd in DC think they can revoke our rights.

As you and others discussed, back in 1776 the country went to war to put a stop to such shennanigans.

Little-Acorn
01-09-2013, 06:30 PM
If Pres. Obama can restrict guns by an EO...

then four years from now can President Paul Ryan restrict abortion by an EO?

SassyLady
01-09-2013, 06:33 PM
The Executive Order, banning guns, will create a nation of criminals overnight ... because I don't see anyone giving up their guns.

In fact, everyone I've been talking to around here are talking about ways to hide them. We have generations of people living out here who have inherited their guns. There are no records on them.....just saying.....

Little-Acorn
01-09-2013, 07:00 PM
The Executive Order, banning guns, will create a nation of criminals overnight ... because I don't see anyone giving up their guns.

In fact, everyone I've been talking to around here are talking about ways to hide them. We have generations of people living out here who have inherited their guns. There are no records on them.....just saying.....

I would think that the people who are serious about hiding their guns, aren't walking around talking about it.

SassyLady
01-09-2013, 07:15 PM
I would think that the people who are serious about hiding their guns, aren't walking around talking about it.

When you are part of a community, preparing for any disaster, this is one of the things we discuss. How to hide them .... not where. Although, for the most part, we didn't see the need to hide them from our own government ...

Little-Acorn
01-09-2013, 07:17 PM
Although, for the most part, we didn't see the need to hide them from our own government ...

Interesting that you used the past tense.

SassyLady
01-09-2013, 07:35 PM
Interesting that you used the past tense.

How very astute you are ... wasn't a slip.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-09-2013, 07:55 PM

I posted on here previously that I sold most of mine! Really I did!! -Tyr

aboutime
01-09-2013, 08:43 PM

Kathianne. The IRS will be the people checking..I expect. That's why Obama had them Hire more agents.

Remember the Civilian forces Obama recruited who wear uniforms? Does anyone remember how the Obama admin. denied what they were going to be used for?
Obama and the Democrats know..OUR MILITARY will not follow orders to Invade American homes...no matter who orders them to do so. So, Obama and his Panther Trainee's...called something else I do not remember now. Will be paid by US, to violate our Rights, and the Constitution.
But. What OBAMA isn't expecting is....WE THE PEOPLE standing at our doors. LOADED FOR BEAR.
There are not enough Police, or members of the Military to do the job.

And it's a pretty good bet. The Police, and our Military WILL REVOLT against Any Obama Executive Order that Violates the Constitution.

Kathianne
01-09-2013, 09:26 PM
Kathianne. The IRS will be the people checking..I expect. That's why Obama had them Hire more agents.

Remember the Civilian forces Obama recruited who wear uniforms? Does anyone remember how the Obama admin. denied what they were going to be used for?
Obama and the Democrats know..OUR MILITARY will not follow orders to Invade American homes...no matter who orders them to do so. So, Obama and his Panther Trainee's...called something else I do not remember now. Will be paid by US, to violate our Rights, and the Constitution.
But. What OBAMA isn't expecting is....WE THE PEOPLE standing at our doors. LOADED FOR BEAR.
There are not enough Police, or members of the Military to do the job.

And it's a pretty good bet. The Police, and our Military WILL REVOLT against Any Obama Executive Order that Violates the Constitution.

I'm sort of confused here, a post to me, via SL quote?

aboutime
01-09-2013, 10:17 PM
I'm sort of confused here, a post to me, via SL quote?

My mistake. I apologize for the error. As you noticed. It should have been directed to Sassy.

Will you ever forgive me for that?:laugh::laugh:

Kathianne
01-09-2013, 10:25 PM
My mistake. I apologize for the error. As you noticed. It should have been directed to Sassy.

Will you ever forgive me for that?:laugh::laugh:

done.