As the Bush administration inches closer to its concluding months, more top
aides are headed out to the private sector. Sara M. Taylor, the White House
political director and microtargeting guru who has been with George W. Bush
from the outset of his first presidential campaign, is the latest staff
member to leave the president's employ.

Taylor, 32, was one of the first people put on the payroll of the Bush
campaign, trekking through snowy Washington to interview with Karl Rove and
Bush, who was then governor of Texas. Taylor worked on the 2000 campaign,
and later became a political aide in the White House.

In 2004, she worked on Bush's reelection campaign, where she helped refine
the emerging political art of microtargeting. Working with Alex Gage of
TargetPoint Consulting, Taylor was among those who helped use sophisticated
analysis of consumer data to enable the Bush campaign to target potential
voters even when they resided in Democratic-leaning voting districts.

Just in the nick of time, it seems

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070429/OPINION01/704290352/1001/NEWS

Subpoena authorized: The Senate Judiciary Committee has authorized a
subpoena for Sara Taylor, an Iowa native, in connection with the firings of
eight U.S. attorneys. No subpoena has actually been issued yet, though.

Taylor is the director of political affairs at the White House, which is
resisting appearances under oath by Taylor or anyone else in its shop who
the committee wants to question. Taylor is a native of Dubuque and a Drake
University graduate, and a top aide to political strategist Karl Rove.

Coincidentally, Grassley has been the only Republican on the committee
siding with Democrats on the subpoena issue. Aides said Grassley agrees with
all the votes so far for authorizations of subpoenas, although he was not
present for this particular voice vote because he arrived late.

Grassley missed the vote on Taylor because he was attending a meeting on
money laundering and also had to stop by the Agriculture Committee, aides
said.

Baron Von Esslingen
05-29-2007, 12:40 AM
And the slime just keeps on coming, doesn't it? These Republicans are just the worst.

DragonStryk72
05-29-2007, 03:27 AM
To be fair, I don't think Bush's crew are really republicans, or conservatives for that matter. They seem to be managing to spend more consistently, and increase the pervasiveness of the government at the same time.

nevadamedic
05-29-2007, 03:31 AM
To be fair, I don't think Bush's crew are really republicans, or conservatives for that matter. They seem to be managing to spend more consistently, and increase the pervasiveness of the government at the same time.

In all fairness Bush is in a tough spot and he has done a great job standing his ground and not flipping his stance like most polititians have done.

DragonStryk72
05-29-2007, 03:46 AM
standing his ground, I'll give you that, but he has done it in such a horribly bad way, I mean, is there a single one of his people who haven't been involved in a major scandal by this point?

I'm all for someone being willing to get up there and say their piece and stand up for it, which is why I like Ron Paul (Rep), but the fact remains that the ends do not justify the means here. He has done these things in a way built on deceit, not on the strength or merit of his arguments. He has lied repeatedly to the American people, and has never had the moral fiber to look at us and say, "I lied, I was wrong, and I'm sorry". These are the things I cannot forgive, because he is not, and will not, be sorry for having done them.

Gunny
05-29-2007, 04:09 AM
standing his ground, I'll give you that, but he has done it in such a horribly bad way, I mean, is there a single one of his people who haven't been involved in a major scandal by this point?

I'm all for someone being willing to get up there and say their piece and stand up for it, which is why I like Ron Paul (Rep), but the fact remains that the ends do not justify the means here. He has done these things in a way built on deceit, not on the strength or merit of his arguments. He has lied repeatedly to the American people, and has never had the moral fiber to look at us and say, "I lied, I was wrong, and I'm sorry". These are the things I cannot forgive, because he is not, and will not, be sorry for having done them.

I'd say one good reason is because for all the rhetoric, "Bush lied" has YET to be substantiated with any real fact.

It's just as obvious that these "major scandals" are mostly contrived BS. When the Salem witch trials were over, how many of the accused turned out to actually be witches?

Dilloduck
05-29-2007, 08:30 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7052700896.html

Just in the nick of time, it seems

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070429/OPINION01/704290352/1001/NEWS

In other words, she's leaving to work somewhere else and no one knows why.

Gunny
05-29-2007, 08:50 AM

Man are YOU ever ruining it for Ann Putnam.:laugh2:

Doniston
05-29-2007, 09:27 AM
In all fairness Bush is in a tough spot and he has done a great job standing his ground and not flipping his stance like most polititians have done. Agreed that he is in a tough spot. but where else is he to go except resigning???

krisy
05-29-2007, 09:37 AM
I don't know if there's anything to this or not,but every time someone leaves the Bush adm,the press acts like there must be something horrible behind it.

From what I've seen countless times on the news,people typically leave presidential administrations after a couple of years or more. They get burned out,tired and miss thier families.

lily
05-29-2007, 10:12 PM

No, in other words, she's following the same path as Mc Nulty, Gooding and Sampson.

lily
05-29-2007, 10:14 PM
I don't know if there's anything to this or not,but every time someone leaves the Bush adm,the press acts like there must be something horrible behind it.

From what I've seen countless times on the news,people typically leave presidential administrations after a couple of years or more. They get burned out,tired and miss thier families.

Yeah........I can see Mc Nulty wanting to spend more time with his family. I mean he has children ready to go to college.......I mean what man wouldn't quit a nice high paying job that would be paying for college?

nevadamedic
05-29-2007, 10:38 PM

Or they get offered better jobs somewhere else. She could have left to go work on another campaign since all the campaigns ar forming theur campaign teams right now.

lily
05-29-2007, 11:01 PM
Or they get offered better jobs somewhere else. She could have left to go work on another campaign since all the campaigns ar forming theur campaign teams right now.

Sure all those things are possible......or not........

"That e-mail was based on an assumption," Sampson answered. "I knew that Sara Taylor and Scott Jennings had expressed interest in promoting Mr. Griffin for appointment to be U.S. attorney, and I assumed, because they reported to Karl Rove, that he was interested in that."

From Sampson's testimony..............

nevadamedic
05-29-2007, 11:13 PM
Sure all those things are possible......or not........

From Sampson's testimony..............

It's probably what happened. Guiliani, Romney and Mccain are trying to get Bush's campaign team members hired for their campaigns. A few people have left the White House to go work for different campaigns.

lily
05-29-2007, 11:34 PM
Well I guess the truth is in the pudding. You say she's not going to be supeonaed, I say she is.........we shall see who is right.

nevadamedic
05-29-2007, 11:38 PM
Well I guess the truth is in the pudding. You say she's not going to be supeonaed, I say she is.........we shall see who is right.

I didn't say she wasn;t going to get supeonaed but even if she does the Bush Administration will take care of her.

lily
05-29-2007, 11:47 PM
I didn't say she wasn;t going to get supeonaed but even if she does the Bush Administration will take care of her.

That's the reason she is quitting....because she is getting supeonaed......:bang3: