PDA

View Full Version : If Obama can restrict guns with EO, can a Repub Pres restrict abortion with an EO?

Little-Acorn
01-09-2013, 07:04 PM
Suppose it's found to be legal, for Pres. Obama to restrict guns with an Executive Order.

Once this is done, what would prevent a future Republican president from restricting abortion with an Executive Order?

revelarts
01-09-2013, 07:08 PM
Suppose it's found to be legal, for Pres. Obama to restrict guns with an Executive Order.

Once this is done, what would prevent a future Republican president from restricting abortion with an Executive Order?

What would restrict them from anything?

SassyLady
01-09-2013, 07:12 PM
If the SC rules it is constitutional for an EO to take away constitutional rights, what's to stop a president from abolishing Congress and/or the SC?

People have been saying "take away our guns .... never happen". Think again. I can remember when I was a teenager we believed abortion would never be legal.

SassyLady
01-09-2013, 07:13 PM
What would restrict them from anything?

:dunno:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-09-2013, 08:04 PM
If the SC rules it is constitutional for an EO to take away constitutional rights, what's to stop a president from abolishing Congress and/or the SC?

People have been saying "take away our guns .... never happen". Think again. I can remember when I was a teenager we believed abortion would never be legal.

If obama can E.O away the 2nd Amendment he can do so with any amendment, any right. If he can do so we are already in a dictatorship. If that is the case he has betrayed the nation and it would be our duty to remove him from office by any means possible for his treason!
My guess is IF he issues such an E.O. there will be civil war . There will be groups forming within hours after the maggot issues that dictatorial decree. And there will be plenty of ex-military men and women joining in.
He may want to start a civil war but the bastard may not like the outcome!! :flyflag:
Should he do this his treason could no longer be hidden or ignored. He would have to face and pay for his crime IMHO!!!--Tyr