PDA

View Full Version : Can government just take as much power as it wants?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-09-2013, 10:42 PM
You can get yourself shot all to hell simply for standing for your Constitutional rights . Think I'm wrong take a look at what happened to David Koresh and Randy Weaver ! Or just ask some survivors of the Waco massacre. There are a few of them STILL BREATHING. I don't REMEMBER any of them actually being convicted of anything. Weaver got a very large settlement over it in addition to his acquittal. Damn lucky to be alive but then again his wife and son are not!
An attempt to execute a gun warrant caused one of the largest mass killings in our nation's history .

Civil disobedience is probably a much greater THREAT to the state than the big scary stuff anyways. Government derives its power from the Constitutional transfer from the individual citizen. When that becomes corrupted and found to be intolerable by a huge segment of the population government loses some of that power regardless of its attempts not to..

If obama makes the fatal bid to go for broke by gun confiscation taken by way of Executive Order he will find that the citizens will be forced to jump in the tank with the shark or else abstain by force . Abstaining by force will be a first step, once the government then tries to break that abstaining force all hell will break loose. We will then have a 2nd revolution or civil war depending on how you look at it..

As I stated previously to his getting a second term --the guy is a traitor! Even his having his fool for a second float this out proves it.

Just like all dictators he over reaches , only he does so prematurely as well. That is if he pulls the trigger and issue an E.O voiding the Constitution. For make no mistake about it, should he do so voiding the 2nd Amendment then he has done so to the Constitution!!

I don't know about any of you guys but this man will die if need be to fight that.

ff-him!!!!!!!!!--Tyr

Little-Acorn
01-10-2013, 12:17 AM
Can government just take as much power as it wants?

It can take as much as its subjects let it.

Robert A Whit
01-10-2013, 01:59 AM
You can get yourself shot all to hell simply for standing for your Constitutional rights . Think I'm wrong take a look at what happened to David Koresh and Randy Weaver ! Or just ask some survivors of the Waco massacre. There are a few of them STILL BREATHING. I don't REMEMBER any of them actually being convicted of anything. Weaver got a very large settlement over it in addition to his acquittal. Damn lucky to be alive but then again his wife and son are not!
An attempt to execute a gun warrant caused one of the largest mass killings in our nation's history .

Civil disobedience is probably a much greater THREAT to the state than the big scary stuff anyways. Government derives its power from the Constitutional transfer from the individual citizen. When that becomes corrupted and found to be intolerable by a huge segment of the population government loses some of that power regardless of its attempts not to..

If obama makes the fatal bid to go for broke by gun confiscation taken by way of Executive Order he will find that the citizens will be forced to jump in the tank with the shark or else abstain by force . Abstaining by force will be a first step, once the government then tries to break that abstaining force all hell will break loose. We will then have a 2nd revolution or civil war depending on how you look at it..

As I stated previously to his getting a second term --the guy is a traitor! Even his having his fool for a second float this out proves it.

Just like all dictators he over reaches , only he does so prematurely as well. That is if he pulls the trigger and issue an E.O voiding the Constitution. For make no mistake about it, should he do so voiding the 2nd Amendment then he has done so to the Constitution!!

I don't know about any of you guys but this man will die if need be to fight that.

ff-him!!!!!!!!!--Tyr

I agree with General George Patton.

Let the OTHER SOB die for his cause.

Story very well told too Tyr.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-10-2013, 09:49 AM

"Subjects" is not supposed to be the term used to describe American citizens. Our government has grown to such a size and power that the term applies now and in its most negative sense! I am not the subject of the high and mighty obama! He is supposed to be the servant of we the people. However he has never been , not in his mind nor in the mind of the people. His party , that pushed him also ran a propaganda campaign to instill the "fixed idea" that he is a genius, a superior being and only has the good of the nation at heart . All are damn lies! Just the opposite is true on all three.
He wages war on us, by divide and conquer methods and his policies. All the while lying and lying .. Feeding lies to the ever so willing sheep being led to the slaughter. Yes, that is where the sheep are ALL intended to end up ! ---Tyr

tailfins
01-10-2013, 10:22 AM
"Subjects" is not supposed to be the term used to describe American citizens. Our government has grown to such a size and power that the term applies now and in its most negative sense! I am not the subject of the high and mighty obama! He is supposed to be the servant of we the people. However he has never been , not in his mind nor in the mind of the people. His party , that pushed him also ran a propaganda campaign to instill the "fixed idea" that he is a genius, a superior being and only has the good of the nation at heart . All are damn lies! Just the opposite is true on all three.
He wages war on us, by divide and conquer methods and his policies. All the while lying and lying .. Feeding lies to the ever so willing sheep being led to the slaughter. Yes, that is where the sheep are ALL intended to end up ! ---Tyr

You are correct. However, don't jump the gun and get too militant too soon.

revelarts
01-10-2013, 10:44 AM
no need to get militant at all, if there are enough people on the same page. (which right not there are not IMO).
But like your other post Tyr where you point out that many police and military will refuse to carry out gun confiscation.
No shot has to be fired.
One man and 500 plus congress folks and 12 supreme court guys can SAY .
Everyone in the country do X or else but unless the Police/Military the lower courts, the City governments actually enforce X it won't get done.

Even something like a nation wide general strike by even a few industries can put the tyrants back in check. As long as the military or other gov't agency don't try to Break the strike or Fill the gap with Scabs.

no shots need be fired.

The tyrants Know that enough people saying H3LL NO breaks the spell of their power. That's why they feed us the poison slow with sugar.
their power lies in our acquiescence.
Being socalled "good citizens" "well it's the law sooo..." being good soldiers "well it's an order..."
"well we'll just go to the camps for a little while until the crisis is over ... I'm sure the republican tyra... i mean... President has good intentions, he loves America."

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-10-2013, 02:02 PM
You are correct. However, don't jump the gun and get too militant too soon.

I've never been known for jumping the gun too soon. No American has the right to do that!!-Tyr

gabosaurus
01-10-2013, 05:14 PM
None of you were upset about the government taking as much power as it desired when the Patriot Act was enacted. Why are you worrying about it now?

Kathianne
01-10-2013, 05:16 PM
None of you were upset about the government taking as much power as it desired when the Patriot Act was enacted. Why are you worrying about it now?

Patently untrue. Those like Rev were against if from the start. Those like myself had reservations. By 2010, nearly unanimous that it was out of control. Obama has extended and expanded. You've no problem with that?

gabosaurus
01-10-2013, 05:21 PM
I do have a problem with it. But I also remember the rallying cry of "If you're not a criminal, you have nothing to worry about."

Kathianne
01-10-2013, 05:22 PM
I do have a problem with it. But I also remember the rallying cry of "If you're not a criminal, you have nothing to worry about."

and yet, most never said any such thing. You have a faulty memory going there.

aboutime
01-10-2013, 05:26 PM

Considering how most of us learned how POORLY informed a great majority of Americans actually are on November 6th of last year. They are also seemingly totally uninformed about how government IS taking all of their rights, and freedoms away...due to their inability to avoid being BLACKMAILED, or COERCED into believing Government wants to Help them...WITH FREEBIES.

Robert A Whit
01-10-2013, 05:42 PM

Gee, that law was enacted to allow all law enforcement to work as a team.

And the target of the law is terrorists.

Do you whine that Obama kept the law and approves the law?

The law that Patriot was modeled on is the RICO laws and those you should have complained about many years ago.