PDA

View Full Version : Man finds mouse in his house, releases it into the wild, then guess what happens

Little-Acorn
01-11-2013, 02:46 PM
People so often don't think things through. They persist in thinking that since they are being "nice", others around them will be "nice".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VyQipO4miw

mundame
01-11-2013, 02:51 PM
Wow. I love it. ;)

Something like that happened to me. We had too many barn cats outside for awhile.

We were sitting outside at the Cocktail Table and a bluebird landed on the yard! I was sentimentalizing about how happiness is a bluebird in one's own back yard, like the story..........................

And a cat ate it, right in front of us.

I was really aghast.

I dealt with the cat oversupply after that.

tailfins
01-11-2013, 02:52 PM
D-Con is less trouble.

Little-Acorn
01-11-2013, 02:56 PM
D-Con is less trouble.

A 10/22 is even less.

They're only cats. :thumb:

glockmail
01-11-2013, 03:11 PM
People so often don't think things through. They persist in thinking that since they are being "nice", others around them will be "nice".

He was nice to the hawk, even if it wasn't intentional.

jimnyc
01-11-2013, 03:14 PM
We had them coming in for awhile, when it started getting cold. I always used the nice traps so that I could let them go, and I would even go down the road. They kept coming back. Nothing I tried would work. Then, begrudgingly, I bought 2 of these battery operated traps, where the little bastards get instantly killed via electrocution when they step on a metal plate. There is a sliding out are where you discard them and never really have to even see them. We caught 3 of them within a few days and that was that. These 3 little bastards got around though, screwed up all our food and got into everything in our pantry and food drawers. Not to mention, if they went into a drawer, they would crap in there like 75,000 times. Now you have to toss everything away and fumigate the cabinets and such. I feel sorry for killing the little hamster cousins, but I had to draw the line somewhere.

glockmail
01-11-2013, 03:27 PM
If you don't get rid of them they will make your house a toxic wasteland. Their shit and dander is one of the worst allergens. It's my family's health and wealth vs. Them, and I don't think twice to kill as many as I can.

After killing dozens I use 4 of 5 electronic screamers to keep them out. These work, since I've only trapped one in the last three years.

aboutime
01-11-2013, 05:26 PM
If you don't get rid of them they will make your house a toxic wasteland. Their shit and dander is one of the worst allergens. It's my family's health and wealth vs. Them, and I don't think twice to kill as many as I can.

After killing dozens I use 4 of 5 electronic screamers to keep them out. These work, since I've only trapped one in the last three years.

Anything, anyone finds in their home that is not a personal friend, relative, or pet, and does not help with the upkeep of the home, or offer to pay any bills....IS A THREAT to the health, and safety of all humans living in said house.

In other words. Unless they leave on their own. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE, and EXTERMINATE THEM.

If PETA, or other Animal Rights groups don't like that. TOUGH!

SassyLady
01-12-2013, 01:33 AM
AT ... I thought you were talking about my nephew and his girlfriend ... up until you mentioned PETA!!! :laugh:

Gaffer
01-12-2013, 02:40 PM
We had them coming in for awhile, when it started getting cold. I always used the nice traps so that I could let them go, and I would even go down the road. They kept coming back. Nothing I tried would work. Then, begrudgingly, I bought 2 of these battery operated traps, where the little bastards get instantly killed via electrocution when they step on a metal plate. There is a sliding out are where you discard them and never really have to even see them. We caught 3 of them within a few days and that was that. These 3 little bastards got around though, screwed up all our food and got into everything in our pantry and food drawers. Not to mention, if they went into a drawer, they would crap in there like 75,000 times. Now you have to toss everything away and fumigate the cabinets and such. I feel sorry for killing the little hamster cousins, but I had to draw the line somewhere.

You want a reason to have a cat? A cat in the house keeps the meeses away.

aboutime
01-12-2013, 07:33 PM
AT ... I thought you were talking about my nephew and his girlfriend ... up until you mentioned PETA!!! :laugh:

Sassy. Funny stuff. Hey. If that's what it reminded you of.....just drop the PETA, and rename them "PITA" for Pain In The ...!"

NT'sGirl
01-12-2013, 07:58 PM
When I worked at the hunting lodge I used to "trap" the small vermin that tried to get into my pantry in a 5 gallon bucket and a ramp with some peanut butter to lead them to falling in, was not to be mean but I could not have furry critters in my flour... and the guys would take the bucket every morning and relocate them for me, But one morning the guys forgot and later that afternoon my passel of unsavories had a drawn the attention of a VERY small ermine (kinda like a ferret) and she walked the plank of doom jumped in had her snack and left my bucket. This became our new routine, and Fred, as I called the ermine would hang out with me on the back deck. Once she got bigger and could hunt her own dinner she would bring me her trophies to show off! We had NO pest control issues after that. The next year she brought her kids and trained them to hunt with the bucket critters. Was so cool watching her teach her kids how to pounce.

Trinity
01-12-2013, 08:54 PM
You want a reason to have a cat? A cat in the house keeps the meeses away.

Very true....although my biggest issue was the cat playing with it, sometimes for hours before actually killing it....:(

Robert A Whit
01-12-2013, 09:32 PM

Hey, at least he fed the hawk. :beer:

Kathianne
01-13-2013, 02:09 AM
When I worked at the hunting lodge I used to "trap" the small vermin that tried to get into my pantry in a 5 gallon bucket and a ramp with some peanut butter to lead them to falling in, was not to be mean but I could not have furry critters in my flour... and the guys would take the bucket every morning and relocate them for me, But one morning the guys forgot and later that afternoon my passel of unsavories had a drawn the attention of a VERY small ermine (kinda like a ferret) and she walked the plank of doom jumped in had her snack and left my bucket. This became our new routine, and Fred, as I called the ermine would hang out with me on the back deck. Once she got bigger and could hunt her own dinner she would bring me her trophies to show off! We had NO pest control issues after that. The next year she brought her kids and trained them to hunt with the bucket critters. Was so cool watching her teach her kids how to pounce.

The first part of your post reminded me of one of my 'weirder moments,' though a very good memory of my dad, when he was still the 'slayer of all things evil.' LOL!

Very recently having filed for divorce, I had a friend and her two daughters over for dinner. Her two were 9 and 11, mine 11, 9, and 7. After dinner, the kids in family room watching a video, friend and I were splitting a bottle of vino. Out of the corner of my eye, under the below counter cupboards, I saw 'something' whiz by. I yelped. She told me to 'calm down.' 20 minutes later, she saw something also whiz by.

Now we're both screaming. For some reason, this brought forth the kids. Grabbed the 'portable phone' and up on furniture we all were. Called my dad. (They lived 5 minutes away).

He came, all 7 of us on sofas and chairs, told us to 'get down and stop screaming.' Got us out of the house. Told friend and kids to 'go home.' Probably to some degree the stress I was under, I was yelling at him that there were hundreds of mice! He said, "I'm taking you and the kids to mom, I'll come back and set the traps. If I've caught more than 3 mice by morning, we'll get a cat. If not, you go home in the afternoon."