PDA

View Full Version : Question about taxes

Trinity
01-11-2013, 04:38 PM
So I got to thinking after the whole fiscal cliff fiasco.... there were supposed to be many tax laws expiring or changing at the first of the year.... ok fine I get that. Then I read about how since they have managed to extend some of them but let others expire they will not allow anyone to file their taxes before January 30 due to the fact that they need to make sure they have all of these tax laws in place...

My question is if these tax laws expired or were changed, what the hell does that have to do with last years taxes? Wouldn't these changes effect 2013 taxes not 2012? That would give them the whole year to put them in place.

jimnyc
01-11-2013, 04:44 PM
I can't answer the question, but my wife just called me an is pissed! She took a HUGE beating in her paycheck. Her check, and subsequent checks that means, have a HUGE amount more taxes taken out. That, and her check is from 2012 hours, but I guess it counts as 2013 income.

My brother called me yesterday. He got a nice end of the year raise, With his new raise incorporated, his check yesterday was LESS than what it was prior to the raise.

fj1200
01-11-2013, 04:51 PM
^Found this:

The reason for the move appears to be to allow the government agency to update forms and complete programming and testing of its processing systems to adapt to the bulk of the late tax law changes enacted Jan. 2.
http://www.lcsun-news.com/las_cruces-news/ci_22336607/irs-moves-tax-filing-start-from-jan-22

I can only guess that they didn't make the changes on the chance that they would have made some changes that would have affected 2012.

aboutime
01-11-2013, 05:12 PM
So I got to thinking after the whole fiscal cliff fiasco.... there were supposed to be many tax laws expiring or changing at the first of the year.... ok fine I get that. Then I read about how since they have managed to extend some of them but let others expire they will not allow anyone to file their taxes before January 30 due to the fact that they need to make sure they have all of these tax laws in place...

My question is if these tax laws expired or were changed, what the hell does that have to do with last years taxes? Wouldn't these changes effect 2013 taxes not 2012? That would give them the whole year to put them in place.

Trinity. No disrespect intended here. Not trying to sound like a wise guy but. If you recall the famous like from Nancy Pelosi, when asked about WHAT was in the OBAMACARE bill.

The same applies to anything related to taxes, and the IRS. We will all learn about it...after Congress votes to approve it!

Frankly. Nobody has any answers to your questions.

Truth is. WE THE PEOPLE...are about to be ROYALLY SCREWED.....Again!

Trinity
01-12-2013, 10:13 AM
Truth is. WE THE PEOPLE...are about to be ROYALLY SCREWED.....Again!

Yep that's what I was thinking....

aboutime
01-12-2013, 10:27 AM
Yep that's what I was thinking....

Take note, as the weekend goes on. How the primary complaining group about how their PAYCHECKS went down, and TAXES went up, will be the OBAMA NON-BELIEVERS who told all of us how wonderful Obama would be for the nation....TWICE.

So. He fooled them, lied to them. Said everything THEY wanted to hear that would Reassure them their VOTE wasn't in Vain.

And now. LOOK at how wonderful they Pretend to believe he still is...(while they privately KICK THEMSELVES for not paying attention to Our Warnings).

Too late now folks. All of the BUYERS REMORSE in the world can't reverse your SELFISH, STUPID, SUCKER VOTE from November.

gabosaurus
01-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Everyone wants basic services, but no one wants to pay for them.
If you wanna ride, you gotta pay.

Waiting for the winds of change
To sweep the clouds away
Waiting for the rainbow's end
To cast its gold your way
Countless ways
You pass the days

Waiting for someone to call
And turn your world around
Looking for an answer
To the question you have found
Looking for
An open door

You don't get something for nothing
You can't have freedom for free
You won't get wise
With the sleep still in your eyes
No matter what your dreams might be

From "Something For Nothing" by Rush.

jimnyc
01-12-2013, 01:27 PM

Ehhhhh, no. We all pay for the services we receive. The overwhelming majority of this money is to be used for things we don't need or don't want - like obamacare and welfare related services. What money do you think, out of this increase, is 100% necessary for us to pay based on what we receive?

fj1200
01-12-2013, 02:56 PM

Not true but it makes a good talking point you don't have to defend later. :)

Trinity
01-12-2013, 03:37 PM
:laugh: found this posted by a friend on facebook......."I want my Vote BAAAAAAAAAACCCKKKKKKKKK, OBAMA YOU SUCK ASS. focus on the rich, not trying to unarm legal citizens"

darin
01-12-2013, 04:07 PM
My government is hurting my family. My government does not have my best interests in mind. Thanks jack-holes for steeling an extra 1800 this year; money I will NEVER get back. Fuckers.

aboutime
01-12-2013, 04:19 PM
If you wanna ride, you gotta pay.

Waiting for the winds of change
To sweep the clouds away
Waiting for the rainbow's end
To cast its gold your way
Countless ways
You pass the days

Waiting for someone to call
And turn your world around
Looking for an answer
To the question you have found
Looking for
An open door

You don't get something for nothing
You can't have freedom for free
You won't get wise
With the sleep still in your eyes
No matter what your dreams might be

From "Something For Nothing" by Rush.

All of GABBY'S answers are found in Poem's. While you post them. Your life is falling into the Cesspool of Illiteracy, and you aren't smart enough to wear a Life Preserver...UNLESS IT RHYMES.

Robert A Whit
01-12-2013, 05:40 PM
I can't answer the question, but my wife just called me an is pissed! She took a HUGE beating in her paycheck. Her check, and subsequent checks that means, have a HUGE amount more taxes taken out. That, and her check is from 2012 hours, but I guess it counts as 2013 income.

My brother called me yesterday. He got a nice end of the year raise, With his new raise incorporated, his check yesterday was LESS than what it was prior to the raise.

Now that it is too late to effect the election, the dumb ass democrats will finally figure it out.

Abbey Marie
01-12-2013, 06:21 PM
Ehhhhh, no. We all pay for the services we receive. The overwhelming majority of this money is to be used for things we don't need or don't want - like obamacare and welfare related services. What money do you think, out of this increase, is 100% necessary for us to pay based on what we receive?

And abortion.

Abbey Marie
01-12-2013, 06:21 PM
My government is hurting my family. My government does not have my best interests in mind. Thanks jack-holes for steeling an extra 1800 this year; money I will NEVER get back. Fuckers.

I have lyrics too:

"You say you want a revolution..."

aboutime
01-12-2013, 07:30 PM
I have lyrics too:

"You say you want a revolution..."

Thanks Abbey. As a guy married to a die-hard Beatles fan who Screamed, Yelled, Freaked Out in Philadelphia when she saw them in person.. That reminded me of this....

http://youtu.be/VKB-w179PIQ