PDA

View Full Version : What is everyone doing tonight?

Abbey Marie
01-12-2013, 06:28 PM
I'm doing pretty much nothing, so I'm sure you all have a more interesting evening ahead.

Whatcha doin'?

Robert A Whit
01-12-2013, 07:09 PM
I'm doing pretty much nothing, so I'm sure you all have a more interesting evening ahead.

Whatcha doin'?

Posting about guns and watching the Denver vs Baltimore game. I plan to watch the 49rs play Green Bay too. I have problems with the 49ers using Colin Kapernic to be QB. I think Alex Smith proved he is better.

I hope the 49ers win but expect the coaching error by the 49rs will come back to bite them.

I sure hope I am proven wrong.

WiccanLiberal
01-12-2013, 07:19 PM
Finished dinner and I'm watching Treasure of Sierra Madre on TCM. Nothing like a little classic film and a good meal...

jimnyc
01-12-2013, 07:21 PM
I'm similar to Robert, pulling for Manning and the Broncos, 28-28 in the 4th right now. I'll be pulling for the Niners tonight, I don't like Rodgers since the Pack beat my team in the bowl!

aboutime
01-12-2013, 07:25 PM
Funny you should ask. Matter of fact. As you can see. I'm talking to you here on DEBATEPOLICY.

Saturday night is just another night for us Older folk since all the Dating, Spending, and Baby making is long Over with.

I discovered watching Youtube video's of Train rides, airplanes taking off, and landing in airports around the world, and police Dash cam video's more exciting than staring at the BOOB Tube, watching re-runs of every LAW AND ORDER until you know the words by heart.

Later, if I feel like it. I may just watch 4303 Rogers show the 49ers how Paybacks work....I hope!

Robert A Whit
01-12-2013, 07:32 PM
I'm similar to Robert, pulling for Manning and the Broncos, 28-28 in the 4th right now. I'll be pulling for the Niners tonight, I don't like Rodgers since the Pack beat my team in the bowl!

I am also pulling for Denver despite that if the Ravens win and so do the 49rs and both teams keep winning, playing in the Super Bowl would result in the first brother vs brother superbowl.

Rogers played up the road at CAL/Berkley. When he played for CAL I prayed the 49rs would draft him. He is a CA guy.

tailfins
01-12-2013, 07:51 PM
Enjoying my family in New Hampshire and unpacking the dirty clothes from the work week in the trunk of my car. Tomorrow I will repack it with clean clothes for the trip back to Connecticut.

Robert A Whit
01-12-2013, 11:15 PM
Well, the Ravens of Baltimore won in overtime.

Now the good game.

Greenbay only wishes it could play a weaker team.

Colin Kaepernick is running his ass off. And the game still has a ways to go and he has rushed for about 200 yards. While the Packers have managed to get 24 points, as the 49rs are driving for another touch down, they have 38 points. The dumb ass packers just jumped off sides giving the 49ers a free first down. I expect they will score again. We have just under 5 and a half minutes to go in the game. Gore just got to the 2 yard line. I hope green bay likes the plane ride back. It won't go to the super bowl. When you get the 49ers wound up, they keep going.

Thus far the 49rs have gone over 500 yards of offense.

Don Meridith used to sing the song, turn out the lights, the party is over.

Well, Dixon just scored. Can we hold at 45 points to 24.

Sure we can.

I see now why Coach put in Kaepernick. That guy can not only throw TDs, he is a race horse.

HE has tossed two and ran in two himself.

We may win the Super bowl this year.

They are now checking on the last TD but I believe it is still a score.

mundame
01-12-2013, 11:56 PM

Whatcha doin'?

I've been watching the games -- too bad Aaron Rogers didn't win, I like him. At the same time reading Ruth Rendell's Keys to the Street, a remarkable thriller. I sure didn't see any of that coming......

Robert A Whit
01-13-2013, 01:19 AM
I've been watching the games -- too bad Aaron Rogers didn't win, I like him. At the same time reading Ruth Rendell's Keys to the Street, a remarkable thriller. I sure didn't see any of that coming......

I have been a huge fan of Aaron Rogers since he played a few miles up the road from me at the University of California. He really wanted to be drafted by the 49ers.

The way Kaepernick played against Green Bay, it is likely that Aaron remains a Packer.

I was so dissapointed that the 9ers missed taking Rogers.

Kaepernick set records playing football today and I have to applaud him since I wanted Alex Smith to be the starter. He is also very good. Colin managed to run for 183 yards and broke Vicks former records.

You must know by now that the 49ers this season is the much better team than the Packers. Aaron just does not have good enough team this season.

Kathianne
01-13-2013, 01:37 AM
I worked until 10:30, drove a co-worker home. Talked to daughter about moving 'birthday dinner' from tomorrow to Tuesday. Done.

Earlier spoke to older son about his helping me pack tomorrow today. He's coming at 10 am to advance that cause.

Also discussed the showers for his fiance.

Paid some bills.

The evening may have been uneventful, but a good day in all.

fj1200
01-13-2013, 06:47 AM
Earlier spoke to older son about his helping me pack tomorrow today. He's coming at 10 am to advance that cause.

It sounds like you're out of the house. I weight lifted I hope. :)

mundame
01-13-2013, 09:20 AM
I have been a huge fan of Aaron Rogers since he played a few miles up the road from me at the University of California. He really wanted to be drafted by the 49ers.

The way Kaepernick played against Green Bay, it is likely that Aaron remains a Packer.

I was so dissapointed that the 9ers missed taking Rogers.

Kaepernick set records playing football today and I have to applaud him since I wanted Alex Smith to be the starter. He is also very good. Colin managed to run for 183 yards and broke Vicks former records.

You must know by now that the 49ers this season is the much better team than the Packers. Aaron just does not have good enough team this season.

The odds slightly favored the 49ers, I read, and they did win, but I suppose the odds took into account the fact that the 49ers were playing at home. That was a close game till the last quarter, then it got sad.

Robert A Whit
01-13-2013, 12:24 PM
The odds slightly favored the 49ers, I read, and they did win, but I suppose the odds took into account the fact that the 49ers were playing at home. That was a close game till the last quarter, then it got sad.

You have to beat the 49ers in the 4th quarter or they will crush you. The 49ers led by 21 points till moments from the end of the game. Less than 60 seconds left and the packers finally scored their first TD in the second half. Look what the 49ers defense did in the second half. Actually they beat you with defense.

I am a huge 49er fan so I was elated.

As to next week, I am confident that the 49ers will end up in the Superbowl.

WiccanLiberal
01-13-2013, 05:35 PM
Went off to the library for a bit. V4R did the laundry as I did all the cleaning yesterday. Now I am making my infamous meatloaf. A true 50's wayback machine recipe, the one using Campbell's tomato soup.

aboutime
01-13-2013, 09:23 PM
Went off to the library for a bit. V4R did the laundry as I did all the cleaning yesterday. Now I am making my infamous meatloaf. A true 50's wayback machine recipe, the one using Campbell's tomato soup.

WiccanLiberal. That's not so much of a WAYBACK recipe. Using the right amount of Campbells Tomato soup, mixed with Real Ground Beef, becomes MORE than a Meat Loaf.

Ommmm...Ommmm....GOOD!

Kathianne
01-13-2013, 10:01 PM
Busy day! Son and fiance came over around 1:30, packed up china and silver-I'm giving those to them as wedding present. She had to go to work around 3, so son and I cleared out the entertainment unit, got rid of VCR tapes, boxed some books and dropped collected donations to Good Will.

Neighbor/friend came over, had a pot of coffee and discussed wedding plans. Then went with son to "Five Guys," for dinner. Helped him get stuff into his apartment and now I'm crashing.

darin
01-14-2013, 09:20 AM
Me and the kids tonight - any ideas for dinner? Been on an Asian food kick. Nailed chicken curry, peanut chicken, and sesame chicken. Maybe Alfredo sauce tonight? Would have to get heavy cream. Lots of fat but yummy. I am thinking about writing again. Might tap some keys

Oh! Need to continue cleaning the garage, too!

Marcus Aurelius
01-14-2013, 10:37 AM
I'm assistant Scoutmaster for my 12 yr old's troop. I'll be at a scout meeting, watching him get his next rank advancement (2nd class). He's got most of what he needs for 1st class as well, but will have to wait for summer camp in August to take the BSA swim test and complete that one.

Side note, spent the weekend with the troop at a rifle outing. Even had a group of Webelos join us and looks like most will be joining the troop when they cross over in a few months.

tailfins
01-14-2013, 10:47 AM
I'm assistant Scoutmaster for my 12 yr old's troop. I'll be at a scout meeting, watching him get his next rank advancement (2nd class). He's got most of what he needs for 1st class as well, but will have to wait for summer camp in August to take the BSA swim test and complete that one.

Side note, spent the weekend with the troop at a rifle outing. Even had a group of Webelos join us and looks like most will be joining the troop when they cross over in a few months.

Webelos wobble but they don't fall down?

aboutime
01-14-2013, 12:54 PM

Great stuff Marcus. I remember those days with TWO boys in the same troop. That's how father's really connect with their son's.

Wish I could go through it all again. But today. Our little boys are 37, and 40. And have their own Little Guys to Love.

Robert A Whit
01-14-2013, 04:23 PM
It was very fashionable to bash the boy scouts a few years back. I am happy that my media has not reported any of this for a few y years now.

My time spent in the Boy Scouts is one of my best ever memories. That and the summer camp I attended thanks to the YMCA.

The YMCA camp was fun and entertaining.

With the Scouts, I actually learned skills that have lasted me for life.

Those who help the boys in any way deserve our thanks. I bet that no boy scout has ever gone to some school and took out the students and staff using guns.

mundame
01-14-2013, 04:32 PM

Oh, yeah, that's the best one. I still use oatmeal, but I'm trying to move to breadcrumbs. And a little onion, of course, not too much, and seasoning....

mundame
01-14-2013, 04:34 PM
Those who help the boys in any way deserve our thanks. I bet that no boy scout has ever gone to some school and took out the students and staff using guns.

!! That's a good point. I wonder if you are right? I suppose it might be possible to look that up on a search engine. I wonder if Dylan Klebold was in the Scouts (Columbine)? His childhood seemed more normal than some of them. But I don't remember seeing anything about it in a book I read on that massacre.

Abbey Marie
01-14-2013, 07:23 PM
So, another quiet night ahead. When my husband gets back from the gym, we will have homemade soup, some French bread, and watch TV. Probably a recorded program like Elementary. Thanks to DVRs, I have zero patience for commercials now!

Then I will help our daughter with a blog she has to write for Anthro. It's simple, but I think she just wants the company.

aboutime
01-14-2013, 07:28 PM
So, another quiet night ahead. When my husband gets back from the gym, we will have homemade soup, some French bread, and watch TV. Probably a recorded program like Elementary. Thanks to DVRs, I have zero patience for commercials now!

Then I will help our daughter with a blog she has to write for Anthro. It's simple, but I think she just wants the company.

We should all ADMIRE parents who dedicate time to their children.

Parents are, and always should be the Backbone of Strong, Dependable, Future American citizens.

WELL DONE TO ALL PARENTS....IT MEANS....YOU CARE.

cadet
01-14-2013, 07:31 PM
I am going to sit back, shave the beard I'd managed to grow out on my time away from the rotc, and do physics hmwk.

Also, my roommate has started watching Sons of Anarchy, and I haven't really had time to watch tv since last year. So it's pretty neat. I like the show.

WiccanLiberal
01-19-2013, 02:41 PM
V4R is off giving estimates on some jobs he is doing. If he gets home in time I go back to the clinic for more antibiotics. If not do it tomorrow. In any case got to do grocery shopping. Until then, gonna be finishing the cleaning and watching History channel and, of course, checking the board intermittently.